Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Wins does Bielema have to get to save his job?

Started by NuttinItUp, September 12, 2017, 09:46:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the minimum number of wins Bielema has to get to save his job?

3 (2.2%)
0 (0%)
10 (7.4%)
14 (10.4%)
27 (20%)
34 (25.2%)
12 (8.9%)
9 (6.7%)
4 (3%)
0 (0%)
22 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 134

NuttinItUp

What is the minimum number of wins that Bielema needs to get to be the coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks next year?

SavoySeamster

By all accounts, he can go 0-fer. Seems to be way to expensive to cut the string this year or next.
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes."

NuttinItUp

Quote from: SavoySeamster on September 12, 2017, 09:49:47 pm
By all accounts, he can go 0-fer. Seems to be way to expensive to cut the string this year or next.

Well we already won one game, so an 0-fer is impossible.

I highly doubt if we lost the remaining games he would still be employed by the U of A...

There is a certain threshold of games he must win to stay employed, hence the question..

Hawghiggs

I hope he doesn't win another game. He is nothing more than a used car salesman.

SavoySeamster

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 12, 2017, 09:51:38 pm
Well we already won one game, so an 0-fer is impossible.

I highly doubt if we lost the remaining games he would still be employed by the U of A...

There is a certain threshold of games he must win to stay employed, hence the question..

I would tend to agree with you. But, it seems that wins and losses, at least in the short term won't be his undoing. Ultimately though you gotta win to put the butts in the seats. No fan support, or declining fan support will be what gets him canned
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes."

Calling All Hogs

If CBB goes 1-11, pressure will mount on Jeff Long to admit we are at least slightly behind schedule.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 12, 2017, 10:05:26 pm
If CBB goes 1-11, pressure will mount on Jeff Long to admit we are at least slightly behind schedule.
lol
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Steef

How about we just play good football?

I love to win & hate to lose.

But I hate to suck, more than either one.

TrueBlue

The only way to get away from a buyout is a scandal of epic porportions.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on September 12, 2017, 10:04:17 pm
The answer is 1. He will be the coach next year no matter what

If he only wins one game, he will not be employed next year. Book it.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 12, 2017, 10:01:32 pm
I hope he doesn't win another game. He is nothing more than a used car salesman.
^^^real hog fan^^^
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Steef

If he doesnt win an SEC game this year, he won't want to stay.

RazorPiggie

True fan right here folks.

RedRock

Gentlemen, appears his buyout is 15 Million if terminated before Jan 2018.  Buyout drops to 13 Million before January 2019. AFTER January of 2019, BB buyout drops to 6 Million. 

He is our coach at least until January 2019. 

Blame Jeff Long.

East Clintwood

He'll be back next year even if we don't win another game.

Unless he leaves on his own.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

NuttinItUp

Quote from: RedRock on September 12, 2017, 10:13:41 pm
Gentlemen, appears his buyout is 15 Million if terminated before Jan 2018.  Buyout drops to 13 Million before January 2019. AFTER January of 2019, BB buyout drops to 6 Million. 

He is our coach at least until January 2019. 

Blame Jeff Long.

Incorrect!

$15.4 million if done before December 31, 2017.

Drops to $11.4 million on January 1, 2018.

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2017/9/10/16284040/bret-bielema-buyout-dilemma-for-jeff-long4

It pays to actually check facts before posting!!

RedRock

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 12, 2017, 10:15:53 pm
Incorrect!

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2017/9/10/16284040/bret-bielema-buyout-dilemma-for-jeff-long4

Pays who?

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Quickdraw

1 game keeps him here which he already has secured. How many fans will show up and watch this train wreck.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 12, 2017, 10:13:16 pm
True fan right here folks.

I'm just as much as a fan as you are. I'm just not a Bielema fan and want him gone. I just understand that it will take a complete melt down to initiate change this season. It's unfortunate that it has to be that way. But its the truth.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: HardCore on September 12, 2017, 10:50:06 pm
That would require class, so yes, you are likely correct
Its classy to just resign bc some people in a website say you should?  Why do we still have USPS, Planned Parenthood, and why are any of the Kardashians still breathing my air?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 13, 2017, 05:56:47 am
I'm just as much as a fan as you are. I'm just not a Bielema fan and want him gone. I just understand that it will take a complete melt down to initiate change this season. It's unfortunate that it has to be that way. But its the truth.

If you want to hogs to lose the rest of their games you aren't a fan.

jgphillips3

3 wins or less, can't see him surviving.  4 or 5 wins makes his ultimate survival hard to fathom.  6 or 7 buys him one more year.  8+ and he's fine.

Danny J

Quote from: Steef on September 12, 2017, 10:11:54 pm
If he doesnt win an SEC game this year, he won't want to stay.
Yep and the buyout will be renegotiated

JaketheSnake

Hogwild

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 13, 2017, 06:47:16 am
3 wins or less, can't see him surviving.  4 or 5 wins makes his ultimate survival hard to fathom.  6 or 7 buys him one more year.  8+ and he's fine.

agree if the can get to 6 wins this year he will be back

Inhogswetrust

The OP is asking the wrong people......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 12, 2017, 10:10:50 pm
If he only wins one game, he will not be employed next year. Book it.

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 12, 2017, 10:15:53 pm
Incorrect!

The last sentence in that link is the best one on the subject right now.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HoggyCat

The expense of getting rid of him is, like I've said many times, just a tool used by Long and HIS media. Yeah, the buyout is $15.4M. But it is to be paid over the remaining time on his contract; which right now is over 4 years.  So just say it's $4M per year, how many empty seats would it take to meet that number? 10K??  There will be lots more than that when this season spirals downhill like it has his other 4 years.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 13, 2017, 07:06:16 am
The last sentence in that link is the best one on the subject right now.

"Massive turnaround". Into a 7-5 record.

We're.  Doomed.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 13, 2017, 07:11:54 am

We're.  Doomed.

That's not the last sentence. Perhaps though I should have said the last paragraph.

rhames

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 13, 2017, 07:11:54 am

We're.  Doomed.

Well that's been the norm. He will find away to win 6 or 7.

It's what he does. He will do it next year too!!
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I hope you die choking on your own farts...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 13, 2017, 05:56:47 am
Successful programs require a supportive fanbase.   Fans usually don't get excited about mediocrity.    JL sure sets the bar low if all BB needs to do is 6-7 wins per year and a trip to a low tier bowl.    That's mediocrity.   But, what we have here with BB is something less than that.   What we have is downright embarrassing.   I don't want any part of it until something changes.

BassinHawg

I think 6 or more saves him but if they lose to A&M they won't win more than 4 which might get him fired.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

IMO a good coach could have won 9-11 games with the teams CBB had in years 3 and 4. Looking at this team and schedule 9 wins is reasonable imo. We might winn6. If we win 6 and don't embarrass in a lowly bowl he will get another year

texas tush hog

Kevin

it does not matter.

go to class, get your grades, and graduate

cbb is here forever
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogcard1964

I think it's 7.  And If he does the unimaginable and fails to take this team to a bowl game, he's in trouble in January 2018.  He'll probably be gone.

Regardless, it was previously stated that he's been informed that he has to win 16 over the next two years, or he has to go.  I think there's zero chance of this guy ever winning 10 games, so there's really no reason not to bite the bullet and buy him out after this year.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 13, 2017, 09:58:04 am
Regardless, it was previously stated that he's been informed that he has to win 16 over the next two years, or he has to go. 

Who said that? Anyone we can trust or just a rumor?

Großer Kriegschwein

2-10 fired
3-9 fired
4-8 not fired
5-7 not fired
6-6 not fired
7-5 not fired
8-4 extended
This is my non-signature signature.

hogcard1964

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 13, 2017, 10:00:19 am
Who said that? Anyone we can trust or just a rumor?

Not sure, but was a supposed insider that posts here.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 13, 2017, 10:00:45 am
2-10 fired
3-9 fired
4-8 not fired
5-7 not fired
6-6 not fired
7-5 not fired
8-4 extended

Good one...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 5-7 (not bowl eligible) the powers that be recommend CBB to resign. 4-8 and below fired.

HognotinMemphis

September 13, 2017, 10:41:11 am #46 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:06:01 am by HoginMemphis
This is the average naive fan's thinking. $15 million is a drop in the proverbial bucket. If things are bad enough, it will be done and done easily. There are tangible and presents costs to keeping a coach who is not performing up to expectations and there are intangible costs. Harder to get fans back than to keep them for instance.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pecos Hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 13, 2017, 10:41:11 am
This is the average naive fan's thinking. $15 million is a drop in the proverbial bucket. If things are bad enough, it will be done and done easily. There are tangible and presents costs to keeping a coach who is not performing up to expectations and their intangible costs. Harder to get fans back than to keep them for instance.

This is true.  If we want to win, we have to be prepared to pay.    The money is there.   

lilredheadedlady

He will be employed next year no matter what.  We aren't paying 15m for him to go away.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!