Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We whiffed on Crockett

Started by jpsand, September 02, 2017, 03:47:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jpsand on September 02, 2017, 03:47:51 pm
He is quick hard hitting and a real threat to go all the way.

If all you care about is skill, probably so. He is obviously a very good player. Not a fit in our team chemistry? I don't know but there had to be something. Didn't he cost his team a TD today with a needless penalty by diving unnecessarily into the EZ when he knew that wasn't allowed any longer? An innocent mistake that could be made by an excited Freshman? Sure. A second year starter? Mmmm, probably not. Not sure what it was that made us decide to pass on him but given his ability, you know it had to be something significant and none of us know what that might be.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 02, 2017, 06:43:29 pm
Read that post again.  Didn't compare him to anyone. I said he was the best Arakansas RB to come out of the state since D-Mac. 

Way to early to make that call, for sure.

gchamblee

woodhog14

Quote from: jpsand on September 02, 2017, 04:04:43 pm
Do what?  I can't lament our misses?
It's not a miss if you didn't offer.

grayhawg

Quote from: jpsand on September 02, 2017, 04:04:43 pm
Do what?  I can't lament our misses?
I'm glad we have someone like you in all the Coach's meetings to pass on info.

sarcasm

Hoggish1

He's a problem child.  Glad we passed...

code red

Check the sidelines.  We have whiffed on plenty.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: azhog10 on September 02, 2017, 04:35:43 pm
Whatever their reasons it's gonna bite them in the butt.

I'd rather get bit in the butt than take someone you and fans think we should take. Here's a novel idea....................................How about we let the coaches handle recruiting. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GoHogs1091

Gosnell native, Carlos Blackman, rushed for 114 yards on 24 carries (4.8 yards per carry) on the road against Kansas State.

That is more impressive than what Crockett did yesterday against Missouri State.

The Hogs didn't whiff on Crockett, but the Hogs probably should have offered Blackman.

jackflash