Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Helmet Schedule

Started by George S. Pigton, July 17, 2017, 03:52:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

George S. Pigton

\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

Next1_04

Having teams playing LSU and Bama the week before us will be a bigger deal than some may think. That and just the fact no one has a bye week before playing us.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

LSU has a bye week, at bama, us, the at aTm. We may be a trap game!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Sets up well for our game against Auburn as well
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 17, 2017, 04:46:30 pm
Sets up well for our game against Auburn as well

Well, except for the part where we play Bama in Tuscaloosa the week before.

But love the Helmet Schedule. And you notice we're the only team with a ridiculously early bye week. That sucks, except that A&M follows it. If/when we beat them, it'll be worth it.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

rljjr

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on July 17, 2017, 11:14:16 pm
Well, except for the part where we play Bama in Tuscaloosa the week before.

But love the Helmet Schedule. And you notice we're the only team with a ridiculously early bye week. That sucks, except that A&M follows it. If/when we beat them, it'll be worth it.

As with almost every season the A&M game sets the tone -- at least for me. It's a mental thing for me since I'm old and remember the good old days of beating A&M regularly.

Helmet schedule rules!

NuttinItUp

Positives:
-Off week before A&M game (let's beat the Aggies finally!)
-No team we play has their bye week right before they play us (how long since that happened?)
-LSU & Miss. State both have to play Bama the week before they play us (hope for them to be beat up)

Negatives:
-A&M plays Nichols St. and UL-Lafayette the 2 weeks before us (almost like bye weeks-dang it! Beat the Aggies!)
-Off week early in the season (long stretch after that)
-Last game of the year: Missouri plays us the week after playing Vandy and it is at the end of a long stretch of games for us (again, early season bye-week) -- Hopefully we can beat Mizzou this year!!

Interesting:
-Auburn plays at LSU and we play at Bama the week before we play each other in Fayetteville -- Maybe both of us will be worn out?

MasterChiefHog

I logged in to see if anyone posted this yet. Thank you Mr. Pigton!
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Next1_04 on July 17, 2017, 03:56:05 pm
Having teams playing LSU and Bama the week before us will be a bigger deal than some may think. That and just the fact no one has a bye week before playing us.

That really sucks. Everybody knows that even the best teams come out flat after a bye week.  ;)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

TomasPistola

Will we have any gas left in the tank by the end of the season? Our entire SEC slate comes after our bye week.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

bennyl08

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 18, 2017, 09:33:24 am
Positives:
-Off week before A&M game (let's beat the Aggies finally!)
-No team we play has their bye week right before they play us (how long since that happened?)
-LSU & Miss. State both have to play Bama the week before they play us (hope for them to be beat up)

Negatives:
-A&M plays Nichols St. and UL-Lafayette the 2 weeks before us (almost like bye weeks-dang it! Beat the Aggies!)
-Off week early in the season (long stretch after that)
-Last game of the year: Missouri plays us the week after playing Vandy and it is at the end of a long stretch of games for us (again, early season bye-week) -- Hopefully we can beat Mizzou this year!!

Interesting:
-Auburn plays at LSU and we play at Bama the week before we play each other in Fayetteville -- Maybe both of us will be worn out?

SC will be coming off of 5 straight games. 3 of them SEC games, all of them decent FBS programs.

Bama is coming off of 3 straight SEC games @vandy, OM, and @aggies before playing us.

Auburn will be coming off of 4 straight SEC games with @mizz, MSU, OM, and @LSU. 5 of their last 6 straight games would then also include Clemson. They will have played a total of 7 straight games before finishing against us before their bye.

OM: coming off of 4 straight SEC games in @bama, @aub, vandy, and then LSU before playing us at their place.

LSU, outside of the aggies, has the easiest break heading into our game getting a bye week, then playing Bama.

MSU also has less of a grind playing Bama before us, but not a ton of grinding before that though.

Mizz is coming off of 3 straight SEC games in Fla, Tenn, and @ vandy before playing at our place.

As for us beyond what you already mentioned, no FBS team will play us following 4 straight SEC games, only coastal carolina. OM is the only SEC team to get us after a streak of 3 which is setting up to be our trap game this season. It will be our 4th SEC game in a row, it will be at their place, and we have beaten them 3 times in a row.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse