Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ladarrius Bishop

Started by Bacon_Bitz, July 13, 2017, 09:29:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

Committing in three days.  CBs trending to Miss St. What's the story?

secneahog

Story is, Arkansas is passing on Bishop.  Maybe it means, good news from other recruits ?

We got 5 dbs last year, already have two committed now. It's a small class and we have other needs. 

We on some big names. Class is almost full.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

King Kong

IMO passing on a 4.35 speed is a mistake Especially when it means he is going to play you the next 4 years

ricepig

The numbers don't work right now, it appears. I agree he's worth a spot, but the coaches know what roster spots the need worse.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 13, 2017, 10:03:30 am
The numbers don't work right now, it appears. I agree he's worth a spot, but the coaches know what roster spots the need worse.

If only we had a couple of extra scholarships...
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 13, 2017, 10:04:35 am
If only we had a couple of extra scholarships...

If only he would blueshirt.....

secneahog

Quote from: King Kong on July 13, 2017, 09:59:40 am
IMO passing on a 4.35 speed is a mistake Especially when it means he is going to play you the next 4 years

We have other position of needs.  Would you drop Bishop to sign OL Dunlap?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

rljjr

Quote from: secneahog on July 13, 2017, 10:24:40 am

In a heartbeat if it works out that way. Of course I think Bishop is going to be a really good one, but I'm not on the inside. We'll be alright.

grayhawg

Or Ezukanma?

King Kong

Can you guarantee we are getting Dunlap?

I'm not willing to lose Bishop for the outside/longshot possibility we getting Dunlap

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on July 13, 2017, 10:51:09 am
Can you guarantee we are getting Dunlap?

I'm not willing to lose Bishop for the outside/longshot possibility we getting Dunlap

We can't guarantee anything, but the numbers are tight, I figure we'll still take 18 counting last year's 2 blueshirts. We need OL/DL/LB's worse, IMO. Do you move Flanagan to WR and pass on everyone else there?

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on July 13, 2017, 11:05:54 am
We can't guarantee anything, but the numbers are tight, I figure we'll still take 18 counting last year's 2 blueshirts. We need OL/DL/LB's worse, IMO. Do you move Flanagan to WR and pass on everyone else there?

I help one of these wonderful kids doing great in the classroom to place where they can play.

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on July 13, 2017, 10:05:41 am
If only he would blueshirt.....

Since it's a 85 overall scholarship limitation. It would have to be a grayshirt

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on July 13, 2017, 11:09:43 am
Since it's a 85 overall scholarship limitation. It would have to be a grayshirt

The numbers will be different at semester, or soon afterwards, they always are. However, you can't assume they'll change more than than the couple they're fudging on already.

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on July 13, 2017, 11:14:40 am
The numbers will be different at semester, or soon afterwards, they always are. However, you can't assume they'll change more than than the couple they're fudging on already.

Right which would be a grayshirt. Blueshirts recieve Scholarships the moment they step on campus. Assuming they meet they meet the blueshirt qualifications.

http://informedathlete.com/old-shirt-new-shirt-red-shirt-blue-shirt/

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on July 13, 2017, 11:27:30 am
Right which would be a grayshirt. Blueshirts recieve Scholarships the moment they step on campus. Assuming they meet they meet the blueshirt qualifications.

http://informedathlete.com/old-shirt-new-shirt-red-shirt-blue-shirt/

Correct, I'm aware of the different "colors", my response to Wildhog was more  facetious, than anything else. He couldn't be a blueshirt as we have been actively recruiting him and been to his high school.

King Kong

July 13, 2017, 11:50:29 am #16 Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 02:30:06 pm by King Kong
Quote from: ricepig on July 13, 2017, 11:35:09 am
Correct, I'm aware of the different "colors", my response to Wildhog was more  facetious, than anything else. He couldn't be a blueshirt as we have been actively recruiting him and been to his high school.

I guess I'm just sarcasticly illiterate

KlubhouseKonnected

That's disappointing it seems like the guys we end up deciding to take a calculated risk in passing up usually go on to do pretty well where they end up
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Scott7703

Arkansas isn't passing on Bishop. If he wants Arkansas he will be a Hog.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 13, 2017, 02:09:00 pm
That's disappointing it seems like the guys we end up deciding to take a calculated risk in passing up usually go on to do pretty well where they end up

Give me 5 examples.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: RazorPiggie on July 13, 2017, 02:38:10 pm
Give me 5 examples.

I don't know if I can do five off the top of my head but..

Crockett had a really good season last year for Mizzou and Kenneth Dixon was a star. We had other needs and felt good at their positions but they both are obviously good players that we would have liked to have had.

Zack Brooks had an offer but not to play the position he wanted. He was pretty ok at Clemson.

Did Crockett get an offer from us at the 25th hour?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 13, 2017, 02:44:29 pm

Crockett had a really good season last year for Mizzou and Kenneth Dixon was a star. We had other needs and felt good at their positions but they both are obviously good players that we would have liked to have had.

Zack Brooks had an offer but not to play the position he wanted. He was pretty ok at Clemson.

Brooks at Clemson
Senior who was a primary backup in 2013 and 2015 ... had 599 yards on 115 carries and five touchdowns along with 18 receptions for 205 yards and three touchdowns in 393 snaps over 32 games (one start) in his career.

We had JWill and Collins.

Crockett has off the field issues and has only completed one season.

Dixon was good but it's not like we have sucked at RB over the last few years.

presidenthog

Quote from: Scott7703 on July 13, 2017, 02:25:17 pm
Arkansas isn't passing on Bishop. If he wants Arkansas he will be a Hog.

I hope you are right. He has elite speed and we need it.

ricepig

Quote from: presidenthog on July 13, 2017, 05:10:52 pm
Well, some that are suppose to know say he waited too long.

Luke STYwalker

He didn't wait too long.   It's the DB numbers that scared him off.    I wish him no ill will.  Hate that it had to happen like this, but it is what it is.   

bythelake

The good news is...............

How long has it been if ever has Arkansas been able to bypass on a stud like bishop, a stud DB.   Somebody is doing some high end recruiting on defensive backs.  Is it Rhodes?

onebadrubi

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 13, 2017, 02:44:29 pm

There was more to the story on brooks and not in a bad way, I just can't remember.  He was from South Carolina or parents were Clemson alum or something like that.  Never can fault those guys, IMO

onebadrubi

Quote from: presidenthog on July 13, 2017, 05:10:52 pm

Scott usually brings pay board info over here and is vague to say the least on what he says. 

I had bishop as one we I really wanted this year.  I don't see Bielema pushing him away unless just being honest about numbers at the position scared him off.  Albeit, db's needed 4-5 on the field at any given time.  Couple injuries and a peace pipe away to seeing the field. 

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 13, 2017, 07:52:47 pm
There was more to the story on brooks and not in a bad way, I just can't remember.  He was from South Carolina or parents were Clemson alum or something like that.  Never can fault those guys, IMO

He was from Florida, then moved to Osceola, and then to Jonesboro.

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 13, 2017, 07:56:48 pm
Scott usually brings pay board info over here and is vague to say the least on what he says. 

I had bishop as one we I really wanted this year.  I don't see Bielema pushing him away unless just being honest about numbers at the position scared him off.  Albeit, db's needed 4-5 on the field at any given time.  Couple injuries and a peace pipe away to seeing the field. 

Well, 3 different local recruiting "gurus" say he waited too long, and isn't picking Arkansas on Saturday. I don't know where his info came from. 

Scott7703

Quote from: ricepig on July 13, 2017, 08:01:12 pm
Well, 3 different local recruiting "gurus" say he waited too long, and isn't picking Arkansas on Saturday. I don't know where his info came from. 

I was told that he can come to Arkansas if he wants to by one of our recruiting guys that I know. I don't necessarily think he is committing to the hogs but was told he has a scholarship if he wants it.

Scott7703

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 13, 2017, 07:56:48 pm

What was vague about what I said and I don't know why you think I get my info from a pay site.

Oklahawg

Numbers are tight. Bishop has held an offer for a long time. He had his shot. Might still be a Hog at the end of the day.

I find the "competing gurus" discussion intriguing.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

pork in the whiskers

Yes he is announcing @ 2 on Saturday. No Arkansas has not walked away...our DC loves the kid.  The coaches told him a couple weeks ago he needed to make a decision soon. Yes, he had a great visit to Ms. St. where he was lasered at 4.35. He wasn't as complimentary of down on the bayou. The kid is uncommon with great family situation. Academics in order. Now, unless he picks Arkansas his recruitment will not stop. It will only bring more schools into the picture. He is better than Buster, with more speed & size. People that know him, say Hogs.

presidenthog

Quote from: pork in the whiskers on July 13, 2017, 11:47:27 pm
Yes he is announcing @ 2 on Saturday. No Arkansas has not walked away...our DC loves the kid.  The coaches told him a couple weeks ago he needed to make a decision soon. Yes, he had a great visit to Ms. St. where he was lasered at 4.35. He wasn't as complimentary of down on the bayou. The kid is uncommon with great family situation. Academics in order. Now, unless he picks Arkansas his recruitment will not stop. It will only bring more schools into the picture. He is better than Buster, with more speed & size. People that know him, say Hogs.
If he is better than buster(4 star who was heavily recruited  by bama) then I for sure want him. I just watched his hudl and i didn't realize he was so big. He has the size and speed to be big time.

colbs

Now the CB is saying 100% MSU and the interest with Arkansas is showing "cool".  I hope he picks the hogs but when the local recruiting "gurus" are predicting a player going elsewhere usually that's not a good sign

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on July 14, 2017, 12:31:07 pm
Now the CB is saying 100% MSU and the interest with Arkansas is showing "cool".  I hope he picks the hogs but when the local recruiting "gurus" are predicting a player going elsewhere usually that's not a good sign

He wanted a LSU offer and was holding off committing to us, when that didn't come thru for him, it was too late for us. We took 6/7 DB's last year and have 3 committed for this year, we simply don't have room for another DB.

edt

Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2017, 12:39:40 pm
He wanted a LSU offer and was holding off committing to us, when that didn't come thru for him, it was too late for us. We took 6/7 DB's last year and have 3 committed for this year, we simply don't have room for another DB.
Good enough for him. Now he can pound sand.

ricepig

And as expected, he commits to MSU.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on July 15, 2017, 02:42:17 pm
And as expected, he commits to MSU.

And yet. We let another top talent out of our state.

WildRazorback

It's a shame he wouldn't buy into Arkansas when he had a committable offer. That always meant he wouldn't be dedicated to us and kept the door open for other, probably bigger, programs. Knowing that, CBB had to make a strategic calculation and take who wanted to be here first. I'm glad he went to MSU instead of a rival of ours, but still, he would have been a fantastic player to keep in-state.

grayhawg

Quote from: WildRazorback on July 15, 2017, 03:49:53 pm
It's a shame he wouldn't buy into Arkansas when he had a committable offer. That always meant he wouldn't be dedicated to us and kept the door open for other, probably bigger, programs. Knowing that, CBB had to make a strategic calculation and take who wanted to be here first. I'm glad he went to MSU instead of a rival of ours, but still, he would have been a fantastic player to keep in-state.
MSU is in the SEC west with us

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on July 15, 2017, 03:47:45 pm
No room in the Inn, should we have a roster of only DB's?

Vantage 8 dude

While it's though to lose a talented kid within the state, especially to a SECW rival, with the very tight numbers this year and the fact that we've had something like 9-10 D Backs either signed and or committed between last year and this year's classes combined it gets a little heavy in various positions. Add to that fact there are obviously several other kids at those positions who will still have eligibility after this coming year and one has to wonder how many defensive backs one can carry on the squad. Remember too that he apparently waited a while before making his decision. And this year, at that particular position from the Hog's standpoint, that ain't good.

fullfan

Does Bohanon join him at MSU?

ricepig

presidenthog

https://twitter.com/Dedsports/status/886307803350151168

Seems he no longer had an offer. Basically McAlister took his spot. Has nothing to do with us. Everything to do with him.

HardingHog

It is unfortunate to see an instate player go to a divisional rival, but as others have stated, even though we needed DB help you don't want to pull a Nutt and sign 14 of them. We have 3 in this class and may only take about 15 total players, so if he wanted to be a Hog he could have been the first DB to commit to us but decided to wait until it was too late. I wish him luck down in Starkville (except for when he plays the Hogs)!

bulldog04

Quote from: ricepig on July 15, 2017, 05:49:53 pm
Nope, Baylor or Arkansas.
When you've been on the board as long as I have there are certain posters you learn to pay special attention to and Ricepig is one of them

ricepig

Quote from: bulldog04 on July 15, 2017, 06:47:30 pm
When you've been on the board as long as I have there are certain posters you learn to pay special attention to and Ricepig is one of them

Lol, I wouldn't go that far, just what some are saying, with Baylor probably leading.