Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BREAKING (7/18/17 update): Hogs offer SF, CG, wing & PF, plus more ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, July 15, 2017, 01:14:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

BREAKING: Hogs offer small forward Jericole Hellems out of St. Louis, as well as combo guard Nate Hinton and wing Landers Nolley, both of Team Loaded NC ... Hogs reportedly offered PF Reggie Chaney of Frisco (TX) / Findlay prep / RM5 Elite on Tuesday ... Hogs back in on combo forward Feron Hunt of Urban DFW Elite on the Adidas circuit, and he told me Hogs will be in his Top 3 if they offer (he believes he'll get an offer soon) ... also still recruiting Duane Washington Jr., the nephew of Derek Fisher who visited Fayetteville back in November  ... plus a few new names they are evaluating ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/886285872139821056

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/886287080472662016

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/886260848498528256

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/886261447331913729

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/886292422338248704

hdturner

His Twitter account list  10 new offers this weekend alone. The way our staff recruit out of state I consider him long shot.

Hawg Red

Will assume Cuonzo has the MO kids locked down if he wants them.

Letsroll1200

Seems like he really like Mizzou from his Twitter.

HardingHog

Hellems is an excellent player I've seen a few times playing for his high school (Chaminade) in St. Louis. I've thought him and his teammate Karrington Davis have been underrated for quite a while. Hellems has really good size, athleticism, and he has an excellent shot from 3

He may end up at Mizzou, especially if they end up getting some of his other friends to commit. They did just offer him today, so its not like they were his first offer. But, Martin and his staff have really started hitting St. Louis hard which is necessary since there's been a real disconnect between the school and STL the last few seasons with Kim Anderson there

The appeal of proximity will always be there, but from experience I can tell you that most St. Louis kids and MO kids in general aren't big Missouri fans. However, the Porter family has started to help make Missouri cool again to kids in the state

batmanfan

Can't remember a guy get that many offers that quick. He aint coming here.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

JayHog

Quote from: batmanfan on July 15, 2017, 05:55:51 pm
Can't remember a guy get that many offers that quick. He aint coming here.

Poor 'ol Arky

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 15, 2017, 05:02:19 pm
Will assume Cuonzo has the MO kids locked down if he wants them.

Kim Anderson didn't. FH didn't either. It might take a few years for that to happen. So if your going to steal someone from MO now is the time to do it.

Maybe MA and staff will finally get in the mud a little to get a guy.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Hawg Red

Quote from: bkjbearcat on July 15, 2017, 10:08:16 pm
Kim Anderson didn't. FH didn't either. It might take a few years for that to happen. So if your going to steal someone from MO now is the time to do it.

Maybe MA and staff will finally get in the mud a little to get a guy.

Cuonzo is a better recruiter than both of his predecessors....combined. He's already proven that. I don't doubt that he will get the MO kids he wants.

hogwood

Coaches seem to be stepping their game up accordingly. Looking good. Wish we had a few more PF/C type names coming up rather than all the CGs.

hogwood

Also noticed a trend that Archie Miller at Indiana is offering everyone we are just a day or two later.

mizzouman

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 15, 2017, 11:31:59 pm
Cuonzo is a better recruiter than both of his predecessors....combined. He's already proven that. I don't doubt that he will get the MO kids he wants.

Cuonzo Martin is a local kid from East Saint Louis.  Has family all over that city on both sides.  Mizzou has had difficulties recruiting basketball players from STL, even in the Norm Stewart days.  Rarely did we get a best of that city.  The last I can remember was Steve Stipanovich and that like 1979.

Quinn Snyder had one, Mike Anderson basically struck out in that city and Haith and Kim Anderson were non existent.  Martin is different.  He'll get his fair share.

Players Mizzou whiffed on:
Bradley Beal
Anthony Bonner
Chris Carrawell
Tyler Cook
Larry Hughes
David Lee
Ben McClemore
Jayson Tatum
Alex Tyus
Jahidi White
Loren Woods

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/886933341475397633

1. 2018 forward Jericole Hellems was not only one of the top performers at the Nike Peach Jam, but he was most certainly a breakout performer.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

NWAHog479

He called us "Arkansas University"... LOL. Have we offered Washington?

Kevin McPherson

tophawg19

seems like the hogs can get respect  from recruits as well as strong interest . Who knew after reading hogville
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hogimus Prime

I like that both combo guards the Hogs just offered are in the 6'5"-6'6" range

tophawg19

hopefully there is a big guy in the mix by the time we are done
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HardingHog

East TN HAWG

If we can combine Arkansas Hawks with NC Team Loaded, we'd have ourselves a crootin class. 

NWAHog479

nwahogfan1

Quote from: hogwood on July 16, 2017, 05:13:32 pm
Coaches seem to be stepping their game up accordingly. Looking good. Wish we had a few more PF/C type names coming up rather than all the CGs.

Hogwood, me and you think a lot a like.  I would love to be recruiting 3 or 4 guys who play the 4 or the 5 spot or who are combo 4/5s and sign a couple of them.  We need that toughness these guys give us down on the block.