Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Arkansas Game Should be Personal"..."They come in and eat our snacks..."

Started by Scott Marshall, July 12, 2017, 04:58:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHog

Idk who this Eric Beisel guy is... but this Eric Beagle dude looks like he's gonna be a stud and very difficult to beat this coming season:

https://twitter.com/ericbeagle38

Hoginsavga

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 13, 2017, 08:32:20 am
Saban never looks concerned, except during a game when he is ripping an Assistant.

This is simply incorrect. Saban is all business on the sidelines and I have seen him rip his players as well as assistants. Saban and Spurrier both coached their second or third teams as hard as the first team even though the game was not in question. I saw Saban rip AJ McCarron, freshman, from the 30 yard line to midfield for throwing an interception when Alabama already had the game won.

This, IMO, is a weakness on our current coaching staff in not working the same game plan with second or third teams when we have a commanding lead. Although, unfortunately, we don't have commanding leads often.

Maybe my memory fails me but it seems as though our most successful coaches were those that interacted not only with the assistants during the game but also with the players. Those coaches were Broyles, Holtz, Hatfield and Petrino.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hoginsavga on July 14, 2017, 05:07:35 pm
This is simply incorrect. Saban is all business on the sidelines and I have seen him rip his players as well as assistants. Saban and Spurrier both coached their second or third teams as hard as the first team even though the game was not in question. I saw Saban rip AJ McCarron, freshman, from the 30 yard line to midfield for throwing an interception when Alabama already had the game won.

This, IMO, is a weakness on our current coaching staff in not working the same game plan with second or third teams when we have a commanding lead. Although, unfortunately, we don't have commanding leads often.

Maybe my memory fails me but it seems as though our most successful coaches were those that interacted not only with the assistants during the game but also with the players. Those coaches were Broyles, Holtz, Hatfield and Petrino.

Oh I know that Saban gets after his players as well, I just remember seeing him "dress-down" his Staff on the sideline on national t.v. You expect a Coach to get after players at times, that is common, but get after his Staff on the sideline, in public, on a national broadcast? I don't agree with that but it apparently works for Saban.
Go Hogs Go!

HouSwine

As long as we kick their butts in Fayetteville this year, I don't care if the SEC wants them to be our "rivals" or not.