Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Arkansas Game Should be Personal"..."They come in and eat our snacks..."

Started by Scott Marshall, July 12, 2017, 04:58:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

#talkingseason Missouri Linebacker Eric Beisel continuing to make headlines with his mouth at SEC Media Days on Wednesday "Arkansas Game Should be Personal"..."They come in and eat our snacks, they should be punished"...What Do You Think Of His Comments?

Großer Kriegschwein

He's a buttnugget and will probably be spending most of this year's game on his back or the medical tent.

Probably both.
This is my non-signature signature.

Wildhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 12, 2017, 05:01:32 pm
He's a buttnugget and will probably be spending most of this year's game on his back or the medical tent.

Probably both.

He talked ish before last year's game, too.  All we did was lay down.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

He whipped our butts last year, probably will happen again.

Mizzou absolutely owns us. It is embarassing.
Go away, batin'

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 12, 2017, 05:11:01 pm

That's the spirit. Yep, they "own" us alright. 2 out of 3 thus far.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 12, 2017, 05:35:13 pm
That's the spirit. Yep, they "own" us alright. 2 out of 3 thus far.

Sorry if I've been completely demoralized by MethU and our uncommonly common performances.
Go away, batin'

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 12, 2017, 05:42:35 pm
Sorry if I've been completely demoralized by MethU and our uncommonly common performances.
As I said, that's the spirit.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

PorkSoda

lol, did we eat their PB&J sandwiches at halftime last year?  it was probably rancid that why we lost. 

at least that's the story I'm sticking with.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

RME

Wish the majority of Arkansas media members would stop giving this douchenozzle attention

Tusks

I would love for one of the Hogs TE from TEU to smack him and put him on his arse this season.

So far he's #winning though.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The real Hogules

That's not quite how I remember last year's game with Missouri. We beat them on both sides of the ball in the first half and much like the Vtech bowl game we simply didn't show up in the 2nd half.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

onebadrubi

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on July 12, 2017, 05:56:33 pm
Wish the majority of Arkansas media members would stop giving this douchenozzle attention

He was in front of the sec media, I'm
Pretty sure

East Clintwood

Along with Alabama, A & M, Rutgers. Toledo . . .
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

jkstock04

Quote from: The real Hogules on July 12, 2017, 06:00:10 pm
That's not quite how I remember last year's game with Missouri. We beat them on both sides of the ball in the first half and much like the Vtech bowl game we simply didn't show up in the 2nd half.
He had a great game against us. I agree with the "embarrassing" sentiments.

If our guys couldn't get up for that game after his comments that's just bad. We consider ourselves a higher tier program than Mizzou, but the fact remains that over the years even pre-Bielema they beat us head to head most of the time.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RME

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 12, 2017, 06:05:11 pm
He was in front of the sec media, I'm
Pretty sure

Yes he was, but several in-state guys who cover the Razorbacks are pumping out articles or tweets about him. Mizzou beat us last year and this guy was, and still is, an obnoxious loudmouth. Strikes 1 and 2.

NuttinItUp

Someone ask him about their lame media guide cover.

We beat them there.

onebadrubi

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on July 12, 2017, 06:12:52 pm
Yes he was, but several in-state guys who cover the Razorbacks are pumping out articles or tweets about him. Mizzou beat us last year and this guy was, and still is, an obnoxious loudmouth. Strikes 1 and 2.

That's their job, for once Arkansas sports media is doing their job to the fullest

ATU HOG

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 12, 2017, 06:13:26 pm
Someone ask him about their lame media guide cover.

We beat them there.

Lets not forget we beat them in the directors cup, grades, and integrity.

Hollywood_HOGan45

For the life of me I just will never understand the end of last season.

When you have a 3 win team down by that much, you drop the hammer. The OL just couldnt block for the run and our defense folded as was the case most of 2016.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Wildhog on July 12, 2017, 05:03:47 pm
He talked ish before last year's game, too.  All we did was lay down.

Meh. Our defense was horrid all year. Just so happened that our OL had the worst half of the year during that game.

It's not like he was all that special.

We beat them in every statistical category except the final score. Had a bad year against any variation of Tigers.

factchecker

I agree. It is weird that we have fans who think that we barely won against Miss State last season but got our butts kicked by Mizzou.

Last years loss was embarrassing because of the 2nd half collapse and because how god awful Mizzou was/is but it wasn't a butt kicking by any means.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Surfing8 on July 12, 2017, 07:23:20 pm
Points Scored

1st Half
Arkansas - 24
Missouri - 7

2nd Half
Arkansas - 0
Missouri - 21

I've seen people on here try to spin the game as a defensive collapse, and that it's been addressed with a new DC and a new scheme. 

The offense was utterly inept in the 2nd half. 

Missouri had 11 TFL and 4 sacks with two interceptions.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: factchecker on July 12, 2017, 06:50:47 pm
I agree. It is weird that we have fans who think that we barely won against Miss State last season but got our butts kicked by Mizzou.

Last years loss was embarrassing because of the 2nd half collapse and because how god awful Mizzou was/is but it wasn't a butt kicking by any means.

Points Scored

1st Half
Arkansas - 24
Missouri - 7

2nd Half
Arkansas - 0
Missouri - 21

I've seen people on here try to spin the game as a defensive collapse, and that it's been addressed with a new DC and a new scheme. 

Truth is, we did get our butts kicked by Missouri but the worst part of it was that we allowed them to do it. Didn't have to be that way. And Missouri wasn't real good on defense last year, but they did lead the SEC in Total Offense last season so they weren't all bad.

Was it embarrassing? You bet, same as the VT loss that never should have happened.

We allowed ourselves to get our butts kicked in an embarrassing way. Denying it doesn't make it less true anymore than some people continuing to beat on it like a drum all year long makes it anymore true.

Thank the Lord, we are coming upon a new season.
Go Hogs Go!

factchecker

Not me.  It was a total collapse.  Defense, Offense, Special Teams, Coaching, EVERYTHING.

The bad thing is that we were still within striking defense to win the game in the final minutes.  You can't blame one play for the loss BUT if Sprinkle catches a perfectly thrown ball by Austin then we probably win the game.  However, you can also say if Austin throws the ball away instead of throwing interceptions we come away with a field goal instead of squandering red zone opportunities.  OR if we simply don't fall for the fake punt we get the ball back, score, and put the game away.

Here is a good look at our offense first half vs. second half collapse:

The dropped pass by Sprinkle is at 13:07
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Jborohog09

Points Scored

1st Half
Arkansas - 24
Missouri - 7

2nd Half
Arkansas - 0
Missouri - 21

The offense got inside the ten three times in the second half so I wouldn't say they were inept.  Poor red zone execution has happened in multiple games under CBB.

Pigsknuckles

Dizzy Dean-If you can do it, it ain't braggin. Until we play a full game against them, they're our daddy.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Jborohog09 on July 12, 2017, 07:44:46 pm
The offense got inside the ten three times in the second half so I wouldn't say they were inept.  Poor red zone execution has happened in multiple games under CBB.

Yep. Defenses sometimes seem like they know what we're gonna do before we break the huddle.

mizzouman

VT and Mizzou didn't show for the first half either.

factchecker

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on July 12, 2017, 07:46:54 pm
Dizzy Dean-If you can do it, it ain't braggin. Until we play a full game against them, they're our daddy.

Missouri owns a two game lead over us all time.  That isn't quite daddy material.

I wonder if Ole Miss fans wallow around and mope about us being their daddy.  We've beaten them 3 times in a row despite them having the best players Ole Miss can buy.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 12, 2017, 07:36:34 pm
Truth is, we did get our butts kicked by Missouri

I guess last season's victory over Ole Miss was a butt whippin as well or do the realist chalk that up as a moral loss like the Mississippi State game.

I remember fans making excuses for the Rebels when we beat them 30-0 in 2014.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: mizzouman on July 12, 2017, 08:00:05 pm
VT and Mizzou didn't show for the first half either.

I know that is your perspective, but it is Arkansas that failed to show up in the 2nd half of both of those games and had they shown up and played the 2nd half of both games the way they played the first half, Missouri nor VT would have shown up in the 2nd half, at least in a way that would have made a difference.
Go Hogs Go!

mizzouman

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 12, 2017, 08:03:49 pm
I know that is your perspective, but it is Arkansas that failed to show up in the 2nd half of both of those games and had they shown up and played the 2nd half of both games the way they played the first half, Missouri nor VT would have shown up in the 2nd half, at least in a way that would have made a difference.
All that matters is the final score.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

PorkSoda

Quote from: Jborohog09 on July 12, 2017, 07:44:46 pm
field goals would have won the game. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

mizzouman

LRHawg

Wouldn't call 2016 a butt wooopin. Despite bad play, lost it by a dropped ball in the end zone. A loss, but not a woopin.

mizzouman

Quote from: LRHawg on July 12, 2017, 08:58:45 pm
Wouldn't call 2016 a butt wooopin. Despite bad play, lost it by a dropped ball in the end zone. A loss, but not a woopin.
You're joking right? If you use that rational, Mizzou dropped several TDs.

Oklahawg

It only takes one play where his head isn't on a swivel to wind up decleated and seeing a parade around his ears made up of his My Lil Pony collection.

Might need to get the HV censor updated to auto-correct snatch to "Beisel."
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 12, 2017, 06:11:51 pm
He had a great game against us. I agree with the "embarrassing" sentiments.

If our guys couldn't get up for that game after his comments that's just bad. We consider ourselves a higher tier program than Mizzou, but the fact remains that over the years even pre-Bielema they beat us head to head most of the time.

They beat us in that Cotton Bowl where we didn't have a coach and our players weren't mentally into the game. Other than that, pre-Bielema I can't think of any other. We beat them in the Independence Bowl in 2003 I think. They don't own us or anything like that.

Arkansas Fan

TeufelHog

Mizzou/he earned the right to run his mouth for the year.  That loss was a total embarrassment.  OBTW, I was there in person last season and Mizzou should have beat us by 3 more TD's.  Mizzou had a couple overthrown passes -AND- a couple dropped passes that should have been TD's. 

I know, "Could'a, Would'a, Should'a," but Mizzou earned their right to say whatever they want to.  Will be interesting to see how it turns out this year.

mizzouman

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on July 12, 2017, 10:17:14 pm
They beat us in that Cotton Bowl where we didn't have a coach and our players weren't mentally into the game. Other than that, pre-Bielema I can't think of any other. We beat them in the Independence Bowl in 2003 I think. They don't own us or anything like that.
No one owns anyone here.  And stop with the excuses on why you lost. I excuses will just embarrass you.

mizzouman

Quote from: TeufelHog on July 12, 2017, 10:37:22 pm
Mizzou/he earned the right to run his mouth for the year.  That loss was a total embarrassment.  OBTW, I was there in person last season and Mizzou should have beat us by 3 more TD's.  Mizzou had a couple overthrown passes -AND- a couple dropped passes that should have been TD's. 

I know, "Could'a, Would'a, Should'a," but Mizzou earned their right to say whatever they want to.  Will be interesting to see how it turns out this year.
Not really running my mouth. Biesel might be, but not me. Just some good discussions.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: mizzouman on July 12, 2017, 10:44:10 pm
Not really running my mouth. Biesel might be, but not me. Just some good discussions.

We really had no business getting shut out in the second half of either game.

Getting cute with the football and playing ghost-man-at-linebacker got us embarrassed twice at the end of last season. I own it. I don't have to like it though.

TeufelHog

Not directed at you MizzouMan . . . Beisel, Team, and Staff.  They earned that win last year.  They earned the bragging rights.   

mizzouman

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 12, 2017, 10:47:30 pm
We really had no business getting shut out in the second half of either game.

Getting cute with the football and playing ghost-man-at-linebacker got us embarrassed twice at the end of last season. I own it. I don't have to like it though.
Honestly, Arkansas was the better team last year. We had no business winning that game. But we only had to be better on that day. And we were. Arkansas wins last year 8 out of 10 times. We both just played like the other 2.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: mizzouman on July 12, 2017, 10:53:08 pm
Honestly, Arkansas was the better team last year. We had no business winning that game. But we only had to be better on that day. And we were. Arkansas wins last year 8 out of 10 times. We both just played like the other 2.

the switch to the 3-4 has me worried. Borderline scared of playing anyone with any talent.

There will be a lot of growing pains this year.