Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Arkansas Game Should be Personal"..."They come in and eat our snacks..."

Started by Scott Marshall, July 12, 2017, 04:58:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sivad

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on July 12, 2017, 07:46:54 pm
Until we play a full game against them, they're our daddy.
We beat the crap out of them in the rain in Fayetteville the year before.

kodiakisland

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 12, 2017, 05:44:05 pm
As I said, that's the spirit.

Guess you missed last years game.  Some people have earned the right to talk crap. 
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

onebadrubi

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 12, 2017, 10:56:40 pm
the switch to the 3-4 has me worried. Borderline scared of playing anyone with any talent.

There will be a lot of growing pains this year.

So we should be good against Missouri then.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Scott Marshall on July 12, 2017, 04:58:12 pm
#talkingseason Missouri Linebacker Eric Beisel continuing to make headlines with his mouth at SEC Media Days on Wednesday "Arkansas Game Should be Personal"..."They come in and eat our snacks, they should be punished"...What Do You Think Of His Comments?

Other than the better team won, I have no problem what he is saying. The better team lost.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Surfing8 on July 12, 2017, 07:23:20 pm
Points Scored

1st Half
Arkansas - 24
Missouri - 7

2nd Half
Arkansas - 0
Missouri - 21

I've seen people on here try to spin the game as a defensive collapse, and that it's been addressed with a new DC and a new scheme. 

The offense was utterly inept in the 2nd half. 

This I kind of agree with. The defense gives up 28 point which is about norm last year. 24 for the offense is underperformance.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: mizzouman on July 12, 2017, 10:42:35 pm
No one ones each other. And stop with the excuses on why you lost. I excuses will just embarrass you.

Is this the type of English they teach at Mizzou?  ;)

Al Boarland

Points Scored

1st Half
Arkansas - 24
Missouri - 7

2nd Half
Arkansas - 0
Missouri - 21

I've seen people on here try to spin the game as a defensive collapse, and that it's been addressed with a new DC and a new scheme. 

We're switching to the 3-4 offense. It's the magic band-aid for D, so it should work for O.

Athog

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 12, 2017, 05:42:35 pm
Sorry if I've been completely demoralized by MethU and our uncommonly common performances.

If I felt that bad I would quit watching! Short winded!

mizzouman

the switch to the 3-4 has me worried. Borderline scared of playing anyone with any talent.

3-4 requires some speed.  Does Arkansas have the speed at DE and LB to do this?

mizzouman

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 13, 2017, 01:45:21 am
Is this the type of English they teach at Mizzou?  ;)
Haha.  Yeah, ipads are bad.  I should fix it.

MuskogeeHogFan

I'm not sure why? The 3-4 should put us in a better position to compete against more talented, more athletic teams. Even Bielema admitted that he would have been concerned heading into this season if we were staying in the 4-3.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Surfing8 on July 13, 2017, 08:26:51 am
I would hope he's still concerned.

Saban manages to look concerned even after they win a big game. 

Saban never looks concerned, except during a game when he is ripping an Assistant.
Go Hogs Go!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 12, 2017, 05:55:03 pm
lol, did we eat their PB&J sandwiches at halftime last year?  it was probably rancid that why we lost. 

at least that's the story I'm sticking with.
Where did this rumor come from? You know that isn't true right?
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ATU HOG

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 13, 2017, 08:01:29 am
I'm not sure why? The 3-4 should put us in a better position to compete against more talented, more athletic teams. Even Bielema admitted that he would have been concerned heading into this season if we were staying in the 4-3.
Bielema says a lot of things though.... hard to put a whole lot of stock into things he says.

Wildhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 13, 2017, 08:01:29 am

I agree.  Our personnel is more suited to it.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Razorbackers

This kid cares more about this rivalry than the entire state of Arkansas, combined.

Did he want to come here and we didn't offer him or something?

Wildhog

Quote from: Razorbackers on July 13, 2017, 08:44:14 am
This kid cares more about this rivalry than the entire state of Arkansas, combined.

Well, he plays for Mizzou... so probably.
1909/1964/1965/1977

geauxhawgs

You know its not a rivalry when someone says stuff like that and you just laugh lol

Beat LSU! Woo Pig Y'all!!

geauxhawgs

Quote from: Razorbackers on July 13, 2017, 08:44:14 am

Definitely haha

hawgon

If Missouri actually becomes a rivalry game, everyone in the athletic department from the water boys to the AD needs to be fired and they need to hold their heads down in shame.

Wildhog

Quote from: hawgon on July 13, 2017, 09:13:12 am
If Missouri actually becomes a rivalry game, everyone in the athletic department from the water boys to the AD needs to be fired and they need to hold their heads down in shame.

They keep beating us and it will absolutely become a rivalry game.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgon

Quote from: Wildhog on July 13, 2017, 09:46:33 am
They keep beating us and it will absolutely become a rivalry game.

Hence my dissatisfaction with their current efforts up there.

Wildhog

Quote from: hawgon on July 13, 2017, 09:48:20 am
Hence my dissatisfaction with their current efforts up there.

Well, apparently no one cares about winning anymore, so there's that.
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

TheGrove68

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 13, 2017, 08:33:21 am

You Hogs  Are notorious Milk a PBJ stealers and eaters!! We are not gonna
Take it any more
The Grove...  Home of Don Faurot

hogman64

Points Scored

1st Half
Arkansas - 24
Missouri - 7

2nd Half
Arkansas - 0
Missouri - 21

our QB played awful in the last two second  halves of the year.  according to most everyone it wasn't his fault.  maybe that is right, all the  offensive lines fault.   I hope so since we have a somewhat different oline now, but the same QB.

HF#1

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 12, 2017, 05:42:35 pm
Sorry if I've been completely demoralized by MethU and our uncommonly common performances.

This...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

phadedhawg

ugh....this guy again...

My feelings on the subject is the kid has earned the right to run his mouth.  Until someone wearing an Arkansas jersey takes exception and does something about it, it should continue.

hawgon

Quote from: hogman64 on July 13, 2017, 12:01:51 pm
our QB played awful in the last two second  halves of the year.  according to most everyone it wasn't his fault.  maybe that is right, all the  offensive lines fault.   I hope so since we have a somewhat different oline now, but the same QB.

He got murdered too much last year.  He was a completely different QB by the end of the year.  I hope he wasn't ruined.  I think he starts out the year full of piss and vinegar but I worry about him once he takes some big hits.

younghog

GO HOGS

hogcard1964

ATU HOG

Why is it we have dominated many games throughout the Bielema tenure, but have failed to close games out?

HogHomer

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 13, 2017, 08:33:21 am
not that it really matters but there are PB&J sandwiches for the players at halftime. Whether they make them eat them or it's voluntary but it's not a rumor.

Cinco de Hogo

Some of our problem at the end of last year were not unlike Missouri's problems.

The Kig

Meh... he opened his mouth last year and they won.  I watched the video and didn't really take offense to it.  He even went so far as to say that they feel that way about any team that comes into their house... which is exactly the attitude you want from your players.  Defend your home turf, take a few road wins. 

This is the SEC and you can't take anyone lightly.  Were we the better team?   Absolutely.  Did we demonstrate that on that day for 4 quarters?  Absolutely not.  As Mizzouman said, only the final score matters.  They don't give halftime awards. 

Poker Porker

HogHomer

The only thing I am wondering about is he says that he doesn't know how to pronounce the state down south. Is it a learning disability? Does he not know how to say any other states? This really should speak to the quality of education he is getting at Mizzou. Maybe the boosters should help pool some money together to get him a tutor.

gchamblee

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 12, 2017, 09:19:16 pm
It only takes one play where his head isn't on a swivel to wind up decleated and seeing a parade around his ears made up of his My Lil Pony collection.

Might need to get the HV censor updated to auto-correct snatch to "Beisel."

lol

geauxhawgs

100% agree

MuskogeeHogFan

That's just silly. It is a manufactured SEC rivalry game by the SEC and it is going to be treated as such by everyone else whether we embrace it or not. That said, this kid at Missouri is a big mouth and we failed to shut his mouth for him last year. We can forget about it for now because we have bigger fish to fry, but keep the press clippings and post them the week before we play Missouri. Someone needs to lay this kid out every single snap that he is on the field and I hope that they do.
Go Hogs Go!

goodguytex

The last four times we've played Mizzou, we are tied with them. We beat them in 2003, lost in 2007, beat them in 2015, lost in 2016. If anything, they've just matched up very well against us.

Now we need to start showing separation from them and prove to be the better program consistently. If we are going to claim to be.

And btw, what a dumb, juvenile comment by their player. Is he 10 years old in an adult body? Did our players eat his fruit rollups or something?

goodguytex

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 13, 2017, 05:10:47 pm
That's just silly. It is a manufactured SEC rivalry game by the SEC and it is going to be treated as such by everyone else whether we embrace it or not. That said, this kid at Missouri is a big mouth and we failed to shut his mouth for him last year. We can forget about it for now because we have bigger fish to fry, but keep the press clippings and post them the week before we play Missouri. Someone needs to lay this kid out every single snap that he is on the field and I hope that they do.
Exactly right. Hit him upside the head repeatedly until he's crying for his Mama.

HogFoo

Quote from: factchecker on July 12, 2017, 07:39:08 pm
Not me.  It was a total collapse.  Defense, Offense, Special Teams, Coaching, EVERYTHING.

The bad thing is that we were still within striking defense to win the game in the final minutes.  You can't blame one play for the loss BUT if Sprinkle catches a perfectly thrown ball by Austin then we probably win the game.  However, you can also say if Austin throws the ball away instead of throwing interceptions we come away with a field goal instead of squandering red zone opportunities.  OR if we simply don't fall for the fake punt we get the ball back, score, and put the game away.

Here is a good look at our offense first half vs. second half collapse:

The dropped pass by Sprinkle is at 13:07
Was just watching that video.  it's like, we'd get these leads and would look great doing it.  like the vatech game 1st half.  we looked great in that game too in the 1st half.  But then,  it's like, we kill ourselves.  our redzone woes.  how many times did we get into the red zone in that game and really didn't get anything.   Also, had Austin just thrown the ball away instead of throwing lame duck passes on those INT's. that's a win.  Had Hatcher got a foot down quicker in the EZ that's a TD there,  Had Sprinkle caught that ball, that's a TD and VaTech game.  Lot's of what if's.  The most important thing that stands out to me last year that I hope to goodness is much better is our OLine play.    Seems like we had the VaTech game until froholdt get's his toofies knocked out or whatever.  After that, different ballgame if I remember correctly.  Like I said, I tried to forget it. hell that may be from a different game even.  tried to forget all the bad games. haha..    but, I do recall no matter how much I want to forget how bad the OLine play was. 

I mentioned in another thread, and I will mention it here.  I believe that our OL will be much better.  I believe that our Defense will be very good.  this move to the 3-4 will really help us.  Bijon is like the perfect NG.  He could make himself a lot of money if he has the all SEC play that I think he will have.   He, Capps, Agim.  Our DL should be stout!  Greenlaw, Harris, will be studs. Pulley, etc..etc..  our Dbs will be great!  I really believe that our defense will be one of the best in the SEC this year.  they will surprise some folks this year!  watch and see!   Again, and this has been for a few years going, if our OLine clicks, we will have a really good team.  If they don't, then it'll be mediocre!   Hopefully it'll be great.  Since we have 2 candidates up for the Remington it looks like others believe that our OL also has it figured  out for this season. 

I do look forward to playing these mizz turds in Fayetteville.  what do you figure we'll have a few cracks called on that Beisel idiot?  haha... or a few power plays with a pulling guard or something called right for that idiots head to get knocked off!  it'll be fun.   

early prediction  hogs will beat Mizz by at least 3tds! 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

mizzouman

Quote from: goodguytex on July 14, 2017, 12:24:06 am
The last four times we've played Mizzou, we are tied with them. We beat them in 2003, lost in 2007, beat them in 2015, lost in 2016. If anything, they've just matched up very well against us.

Now we need to start showing separation from them and prove to be the better program consistently. If we are going to claim to be.

And btw, what a dumb, juvenile comment by their player. Is he 10 years old in an adult body? Did our players eat his fruit rollups or something?
Forgot 2014.

Razorbackers

goodguytex

DeltaBoy

They punked is last year we need to punish them this fall!.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Sapperhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 12, 2017, 06:28:42 pm
For the life of me I just will never understand the end of last season.

When you have a 3 win team down by that much, you drop the hammer. The OL just couldnt block for the run and our defense folded as was the case most of 2016.

This is about all that needs to be said.  I wasted too much time after the season trying to come to grips on the "How" and "Why".  ZERO excuse to lose either of those games.

MS_HogFan

SOOIE