• 378,933 Topics
• 21,055 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Arkansas Game Should be Personal"..."They come in and eat our snacks..."  (Read 3414 times)

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Forgot 2014.
Yup. I forgot they were in the SEC in 2014.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis

They punked is last year we need to punish them this fall!.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Sapperhog

• Bench Warmer

For the life of me I just will never understand the end of last season.

When you have a 3 win team down by that much, you drop the hammer. The OL just couldnt block for the run and our defense folded as was the case most of 2016.

This is about all that needs to be said.  I wasted too much time after the season trying to come to grips on the "How" and "Why".  ZERO excuse to lose either of those games.

MS_HogFan

• All-American Hogvillian

He talks trash worse than we play in 2nd halves.

LRHog

• Bench Warmer

Idk who this Eric Beisel guy is... but this Eric Beagle dude looks like he's gonna be a stud and very difficult to beat this coming season:

https://twitter.com/ericbeagle38

Hoginsavga

• Varsity

Saban never looks concerned, except during a game when he is ripping an Assistant.

This is simply incorrect. Saban is all business on the sidelines and I have seen him rip his players as well as assistants. Saban and Spurrier both coached their second or third teams as hard as the first team even though the game was not in question. I saw Saban rip AJ McCarron, freshman, from the 30 yard line to midfield for throwing an interception when Alabama already had the game won.

This, IMO, is a weakness on our current coaching staff in not working the same game plan with second or third teams when we have a commanding lead. Although, unfortunately, we don't have commanding leads often.

Maybe my memory fails me but it seems as though our most successful coaches were those that interacted not only with the assistants during the game but also with the players. Those coaches were Broyles, Holtz, Hatfield and Petrino.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!

This is simply incorrect. Saban is all business on the sidelines and I have seen him rip his players as well as assistants. Saban and Spurrier both coached their second or third teams as hard as the first team even though the game was not in question. I saw Saban rip AJ McCarron, freshman, from the 30 yard line to midfield for throwing an interception when Alabama already had the game won.

This, IMO, is a weakness on our current coaching staff in not working the same game plan with second or third teams when we have a commanding lead. Although, unfortunately, we don't have commanding leads often.

Maybe my memory fails me but it seems as though our most successful coaches were those that interacted not only with the assistants during the game but also with the players. Those coaches were Broyles, Holtz, Hatfield and Petrino.

Oh I know that Saban gets after his players as well, I just remember seeing him "dress-down" his Staff on the sideline on national t.v. You expect a Coach to get after players at times, that is common, but get after his Staff on the sideline, in public, on a national broadcast? I don't agree with that but it apparently works for Saban.

HouSwine

• Senior

As long as we kick their butts in Fayetteville this year, I don't care if the SEC wants them to be our "rivals" or not.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas