Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootie did it .....

Started by Tusks, July 12, 2017, 01:04:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHawg

Hope the Federal Judge brings that wood.

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: Karma on July 12, 2017, 02:12:57 pm
If the enemy of your enemy is your friend, who is our friend between OM and Nutt?

That is one heck of a question.  I think (and hope) this turns out badly for both parties!
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

GuvHog

Quote from: GolfnHog on July 12, 2017, 04:18:37 pm
This is a civil matter in the Federal Court system so not sure what standing the NCAA has in it until such time they are witnesses. Unlike yourself I will derive a degree of interest and pleasure as this plays out since I have a disdain for both sides.

Yes, it is a Civil matter but if the court finds in Hooty's favor then Freeze could very well be fired by Ole Miss.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 12, 2017, 04:12:34 pm
Is the university itself named as a defendant? If so I would assume that similarly to Arkansas it enjoys sovereign immunity from suit in its own courts as a state entity.

Yes the school is named.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

The only thing that would make this whole thing any better would be if some how Auburn and Texas could be involved.
Retired Radio Host

Sivad

Guess who just got off the plane in Hoover...

ap89

I think the defamation occurred when it was found out that he texted his mistress 20 min. before kickoff of the music city bowl...I can hear him now telling the players..for 60 min.
don't think about nothing else. you give all you got....ok im gonna go text my girlfriend

riccoar

One thing is for sure.  Hootie won't coach again.  Not that anyone wanted him, but this will cement any University even considering his services.

thebignasty

Quote from: riccoar on July 12, 2017, 05:27:02 pm
One thing is for sure.  Hootie won't coach again.  Not that anyone wanted him, but this will cement any University even considering his services.

Probably contributed to him taking this long. Waited until it was clear he had no good jobs coming ever again.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

riccoar

Quote from: thebignasty on July 12, 2017, 05:32:13 pm
Probably contributed to him taking this long. Waited until it was clear he had no good jobs coming ever again.
I think everybody but Nutt knew that.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GolfnHog on July 12, 2017, 01:32:17 pm
I beg to differ. It's SEC related so lots of folks will be watching the chain reaction crash that's coming to both sides. I suspect discovery and depositions are pop corn worthy.
Yep, in this one I most definitely can't lose. I honestly hope that both lose their butts and have to pay out megabucks to one another. Obviously OM has the definite advantage with its booster ATM having the far deeper pockets.

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: thebignasty on July 12, 2017, 05:32:13 pm

Key phrase was Good Jobs.  I don't like HDN and what he did, but I think he could be a decent coach at the FCS or DII with all the rah rah stuff.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: riccoar on July 12, 2017, 05:27:02 pm
One of my first thoughts. Exactly, isn't any program worth coaching that would want this modern version of Typhoid Mary.

Tusks

Quote from: Sivad on July 12, 2017, 04:30:32 pm
Thomas Mars, the ex Ark State Police Colonel.

He's with the Friday firm.  Strong group.  The most impressive thing I've ever seen hootie do.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hamsam

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 12, 2017, 04:45:44 pm
Self-inflicted wound by Ole Miss. Didn't have to happen. There is a limit to what you can say, allege or contribute to a former HC after you have fired him and settled with him. Write HDN the check and get down the road. BIG mistake and now, it just makes Ole Miss look even worse. I love it but what a bunch of D.A.'s.

I'm with you MHF! This is absolutely awesome. I'm rootin' fer Hootie!!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

thebignasty

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on July 12, 2017, 05:47:43 pm
Key phrase was Good Jobs.  I don't like HDN and what he did, but I think he could be a decent coach at the FCS or DII with all the rah rah stuff.
I agree that he probably could have had an fcs gig I'd he wanted.
But they win

rzrbk4life

Hope they both go down in flames
Let's call those hogs!!!!

thebignasty

Quote from: riccoar on July 12, 2017, 05:35:08 pm
I think everybody but Nutt knew that.

Hootie hasn't ever been quick on the uptake.
But they win

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on July 12, 2017, 01:38:59 pm
Like the ncaa is going to do anything, and so what if HDN and old misses knee cap each other.

Southern miss is *** scared now!!!

bphi11ips

Quote from: Sivad on July 12, 2017, 04:30:32 pm
Thomas Mars, the ex Ark State Police Colonel.

Thomas Mars is a seriously good attorney. This should be interesting.

Because HDN is claiming that defamatory statements have kept him from being hired as a football coach, he has made his career at Arkansas an issue.  Would be fun to take his deposition. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Porked Tongue

Easy money for HDN.

Be interested if Jimmy Sexton gets a cut.  Goodness knows he's made a killing off HDN.

bythelake

Guys, wow, wow, wow,  reporter #2 is spilling the beans on 103.7 the buzz.  He says reporter #1, 2 and 3 are at sec media day.   They don't think freeze will show up. Because they they were deceived by freeze, etc, to post false information.  They are pissed. He is not sure if the reporters will turn this into a public hanging if freeze does show up.

I doubt it does , but this dude is telling it all.

ImHogginIt

I would imagine Ole Miss will want this settled out of court quickly. No way do they want people under oath talking about their recruiting practices over the past decade. Easy money for Nutt

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: bythelake on July 12, 2017, 06:22:57 pm
Guys, wow, wow, wow,  reporter #2 is spilling the beans on 103.7 the buzz.  He says reporter #1, 2 and 3 are at sec media day.   They don't think freeze will show up. Because they they were deceived by freeze, etc, to post false information.  They are pissed. He is not sure if the reporters will turn this into a public hanging if freeze does show up.

I doubt it does , but this dude is telling it all.

Hahahahhahahahahahahahaha

I've always kinda liked Dale, except as a football coach.
This is my non-signature signature.

Sivad

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 12, 2017, 06:24:08 pm
I would imagine Ole Miss will want this settled out of court quickly. No way do they want people under oath talking about their recruiting practices over the past decade. Easy money for Nutt
Yep.
This Reverend fixing to tithe big time to the other Reverend.

bythelake

Now that is funny in a sick way.  Made me lol.

Großer Kriegschwein

Großer Kriegschwein

PonderinHog

I never really felt like his heart was in Ole Miss.   ;D

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 12, 2017, 07:18:03 pm
I never really felt like his heart was in Ole Miss.   ;D

I don't know, I think he really loved the helmet...and he is lovin it a lot more today. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Probably most accurate statement I've heard in relation to this lawsuit is

"If Freeze was willing to lie to preserve his 2016 recruiting class, why wouldn't he also lie to preserve his job?"

bythelake

Man, from a pure human standpoint when does a man stand up and tell the truth regardless of the consequences?  His love for ole miss has dominated his so called spiritual beliefs. 

You know the old saying the truth will set you free, well it does based on my seemingly 100 years of experience. 

Seebs

Okay - not sure if this has bee nsaid. the NCAA is toothless because of lack of subpoena power. The NCAA will now delay any findings about Ole Miss, keeping them twisting with this law suit is settled. The NCAA will use the findings in court to bring the hammer down even harder.

This is a beautiful day.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 12, 2017, 07:24:44 pm
Probably most accurate statement I've heard in relation to this lawsuit is

"If Freeze was willing to lie to preserve his 2016 recruiting class, why wouldn't he also lie to preserve his job?"

Well here is something even more telling...apparently the folks that are Ole Miss fans still love him and have his back.
Go Hogs Go!

Augustus

Quote from: hogsanity on July 12, 2017, 01:24:40 pm
No, because outside of Oxford and Hogville, No. One. Cares.

+ Starkville.

They are eating this Sh** up

Augustus

Did y'all see/hear that Houston Nutt will be in Little Rock, Thursday evening for the 100th Anniversary celebration of the LR Boys Club?

LR Boys Club will be honoring several former Hogs, including:  Marcus Elliot, Sidney Moncrief, Joe Kline, and... our own Hootie Dale.

go hogues

Burn that program to the ground.

Makes me sick the lovefest they got for years based on a sham of a program.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Porked Tongue

HDN hasn't exactly been reclusive.  He visited Coach Broyles about a week ago.

Großer Kriegschwein

When attorneys knock on Hugh's door for a deposition

PossumFan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 12, 2017, 06:24:08 pm

Wonder if Nutt would be vindictive enough to refuse any settlement just so witnesses CAN bury Ole Miss.

Hog Fan n Tx

Never before has such an average coach been fired and paid so much to leave.  Now he will get more from Ole Miss.  Somehow it does not seem right.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: PossumFan on July 12, 2017, 09:01:30 pm
Wonder if Nutt would be vindictive enough to refuse any settlement just so witnesses CAN bury Ole Miss.
If he does that I'll treat him to the entire Sonic menu twice a month*

*two month maximum

Hogball

One constant about HDN--It's about the MONEY!!  Guess he will give it one last shot.

Bassrox

Anybody want to set the over/under on the phrase, "I can't comment on pending litigation" coming from Freeze tomorrow?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 12, 2017, 07:58:21 pm
Well here is something even more telling...apparently the folks that are Ole Miss fans still love him and have his back.

Lemmings gonna lem.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Justifiable Hogicide

High Freeze/Ole Miss at SEC Media Days 2017

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 12, 2017, 09:09:06 pm
If he does that I'll treat him to the entire Sonic menu twice a month*

*two month maximum

Lol.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Wildhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 12, 2017, 07:58:21 pm

Of course they do.  He won them a sugar bowl. 

I would.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

grayhawg

Sec Country has a lot more info than this one Freeze is probably history