Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Helmets?

Started by bigpigpimpin, July 11, 2017, 08:20:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Whas up with the white stripes? Just practice helmets or a change for this year?

theFlyingHog

IIRC the stripes help coaches see on film where the players are looking. I believe only people around the ball have them, ie, linemen don't.

woodhog14

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 11, 2017, 08:22:16 pm
IIRC the stripes help coaches see on film where the players are looking. I believe only people around the ball have them, ie, linemen don't.

Correct. Mainly LB's and DB's.

TScott562

I believe that was something Coach Rhoads started when he first got here to help get the DBs on track with when and where they look.

NuttinItUp

Trying to be more like Alabama I think...

NuttinItUp

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on July 11, 2017, 08:20:24 pm
Just practice helmets or a change for this year?

Here are the new uniforms for this year:

FANONTHEHILL

July 12, 2017, 05:59:44 am #6 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 03:46:41 pm by FANONTHEHILL
Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 11, 2017, 10:57:59 pm

The top picture is of RB Maleek Williams. Bottom solo picture (not Olajabutu tackle) is TJ Hammonds.  They also have the stripe on tailbacks and skill position guys. It's for the same reason as the defensive guys.  In the RBs case, it's don't be looking where you're headed before the ball is snapped. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 11, 2017, 10:57:59 pm

You can tell its just tape on that 2nd picture. It bubbles up slightly on the side
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

MS_HogFan

Maleek Williams reminds me of Edgerrin James
SOOIE

010HogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 12, 2017, 05:59:44 am
The top picture is of RB Maleek Barkley.  Bottom solo picture (not Olajabutu tackle) is TJ Hammonds.  They also have the stripe on tailbacks and skill position guys. It's for the same reason as the defensive guys.  In the RBs case, it's don't be looking where you're headed before the ball is snapped. 

That's Maleek Williams on the top pic

The Boar War

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 11, 2017, 08:22:16 pm

I've heard that too but wouldn't the facemask indicate the same thing?

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: 010HogFan on July 12, 2017, 08:55:55 am
That's Maleek Williams on the top pic

Corrected.  I'd just read Barkley on another threead and guess i had his name stuck in my head!
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Wildhog

The stripes help the coaches tell where the players are looking. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

theFlyingHog

Quote from: The Boar War on July 12, 2017, 03:38:29 pm
From certain angles. I asked coach B and they have software that picks it up automatically and shows angles

factchecker

Quote from: The Boar War on July 12, 2017, 03:38:29 pm

Coaches usually stand behind their players during practice.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

The Boar War

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 12, 2017, 04:32:35 pm
From certain angles. I asked coach B and they have software that picks it up automatically and shows angles

Thanks