Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Missouri high school all-star game?

Started by jbcarol, July 11, 2017, 10:25:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on July 12, 2017, 09:31:46 pm
I used to coach in missouri and I thought the football overall was pathetic to what I was accustomed in Arkansas. Football just seems slow and underwhelming in missouri. Who would win if this game ever took place..no clue... But i would venture that arkansas produces a larger amount of athletes.
Interesting. My brother in law is a head coach at a big school in STL and tells a different story. I guess it's just your experiences.

Wildhog

Quote from: mizzouman on July 12, 2017, 09:35:10 pm
Compare records, final top 25 rankings, head to head competition and first round draft picks over the last 10 years. Then come back and we can discuss.

Don't worry Zou.  I'm embracing the rivalry.  We're as unwanted as you.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

mizzouman

Quote from: Wildhog on July 12, 2017, 09:37:52 pm
Don't worry Zou.  I'm embracing the rivalry.  We're as unwanted as you.
Ha, love it. We are both red headed step children. Or maybe that's just Biesel

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: mizzouman on July 12, 2017, 09:36:26 pm
Interesting. My brother in law is a head coach at a big school in STL and tells a different story. I guess it's just your experiences.

And that very well could be it.... Alot more pro style offenses... compared to the spread offenses that alot of the Arkansas schools run...
I do know Bentonville is 5-2 against missouri schools and Fayetteville is 4-1 against them.. but that probably doesnt mean much.

#1 STUNNA

and Harber is 4-6 angainst missouri schools.

Wildhog

Quote from: mizzouman on July 12, 2017, 09:40:22 pm
Ha, love it. We are both red headed step children. Or maybe that's just Biesel

Oh, he's a soulless bastard.
1909/1964/1965/1977

#1 STUNNA

The school I coached at which was Clinton High school which is bigger than the Arkansas school I played at (Warren) would have finished close to last in our conference almost every year.

mizzouman

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on July 12, 2017, 09:43:13 pm
And that very well could be it.... Alot more pro style offenses... compared to the spread offenses that alot of the Arkansas schools run...
I do know Bentonville is 5-2 against missouri schools and Fayetteville is 4-1 against them.. but that probably doesnt mean much.
Could be. I do know that those two Arkansas teams have had good success against some Missouri teams. That is a fact. But if you took the top 40 players from each state, generally, Missouri will more talent on the field top to bottom.

mizzouman

Quote from: Wildhog on July 12, 2017, 09:44:48 pm
Oh, he's a soulless bastard.
He's having some fun his senior year and apparently has gotten under the skin of Arkansans, even the media. That's rare.

mizzouman

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on July 12, 2017, 09:45:50 pm
The school I coached at which was Clinton High school which is bigger than the Arkansas school I played at (Warren) would have finished close to last in our conference almost every year.
Clinton, still small. STL has some serious players coming up and have had some great ones in the past.

RME

Quote from: mizzouman on July 12, 2017, 10:08:33 pm
Could be. I do know that those two Arkansas teams have had good success against some Missouri teams. That is a fact. But if you took the top 40 players from each state, generally, Missouri will more talent on the field top to bottom.

Define "talent" in this instance.

Wildhog

Quote from: mizzouman on July 12, 2017, 10:09:49 pm
He's having some fun his senior year and apparently has gotten under the skin of Arkansans, even the media. That's rare.

It was a South Park reference.  Since he's a ginger.  Sorry.
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

BluegrassRazorback

Quote from: mizzouman on July 12, 2017, 09:35:10 pm
Compare records, final top 25 rankings, head to head competition and first round draft picks over the last 10 years. Then come back and we can discuss.

It doesn't mater the discussion or you stats

Being connected to Mizzou doesn't help Ark improve - no gain in being connected to Mizzou

Arkansas needs to improve itself -

Connections with Mizzou only makes us Kansaw

Now that was a national level game everyone in the nation wanted to see? Lol

In fact we don't help you either

For Arkansas and - yes Mizxou - to improve

Our being a rival means absolutely nothing in college football

It's SEC front office Astro turf to keep both programs in the lower tier

If they wanted better teams you would be playing Tex A&M and we would still have LSU that last regular weekend

This arrangement only assures the rich get richer and we stay in the lower levels

5 star at his being offered by Ark/Mizzou

Sane 5 star by LSU/TAMU

" On thanks giving weekendvyou can be seen on national TV playing gay at LSzu/TANU - or - you can let your family watch you on a regional broadcast of Ark vS Mizzou"

Well that's an easy answer for the kid -
Mizzou doesn't help Ark

Love to play Mizzou sometime in Oct

Rival weekend - what a yawner

mizzouman

mizzouman

Quote from: BluegrassRazorback on July 12, 2017, 10:21:14 pm

Being connected to Mizzou doesn't help Ark improve - no gain in being connected to Mizzou

If they wanted better teams you would be playing Tex A&M and we would still have LSU that last regular weekend

This arrangement only assures the rich get richer and we stay in the lower levels

Sane 5 star by LSU/TAMU

" On thanks giving weekendvyou can be seen on national TV playing gay at LSzu/TANU - or - you can let your family watch you on a regional broadcast of Ark vS Mizzou"

Mizzou doesn't help Ark

Ok, I don't think I follow this 'getting better' rant but if that's how you feel, I'm fine with it.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

GuvHog

Quote from: BluegrassRazorback on July 12, 2017, 10:21:14 pm

Sane 5 star by LSU/TAMU

Mizzou doesn't help Ark

Since when is the Arkansas - Missouri game a regional broadcast???
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

HillBillyHogfan

Quote from: Wildhog on July 11, 2017, 02:42:58 pm
A better name than "Battle Line Rivalry."

Just awful.  Why do we have to let Bazzel name freaking everything?

Touche
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan