Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by hobhog on 10 Jul 2017
  • Not a mention in ADG or hardly anywhere. Strange that it gets so little attention around here....should be good.
  • #2 by BigSexyHog on 10 Jul 2017
  • Jesus Almighty.  Enough of the opening by the commissioner.  Damn he is boring.
  • #3 by factchecker on 10 Jul 2017

• Off topic but cool to see Austin get a little recognition:

• #4 by FraggleHog on 10 Jul 2017
  • Jesus Almighty.  Enough of the opening by the commissioner.  Damn he is boring.

Better than Slive... IMO
  • #5 by rljjr on 10 Jul 2017
  • The SEC is a business. Sometimes business meetings are boring. Lots of folks find great interest in discussions like SEC Network revenue or the new show debuting on the SEC Network starting In Sept.

By the way, this event is for the media. They get to do the boring stuff to bring us the fun stuff.
  • #6 by BigSexyHog on 10 Jul 2017
  • Listening the last 30-40 minutes
  • #7 by hog.goblin on 10 Jul 2017
  • Do we know now what time CBB comes up?
  • #8 by factchecker on 10 Jul 2017
  • #9 by colbs on 10 Jul 2017
  • Do we know now what time CBB comes up?
    12:15 I think.
  • #10 by hog.goblin on 10 Jul 2017
  • 12:15 I think.

Hope so.  My early lunch is about to be a long lunch...
  • #11 by FraggleHog on 10 Jul 2017
  • Up Next on SECN... I think he's just about to be interviewed. I don't know how long until he comes "Up to the Podium"
  • #12 by FraggleHog on 10 Jul 2017
  • For whoever bet that the first question would be about becoming a father... You win
  • #13 by BigSexyHog on 10 Jul 2017
  • CBB is always fun to listen to.   Pretty good round table segment and liked what he had to say.
  • #14 by carolinahogger on 10 Jul 2017

• +1 for the TV fold pocket square, but damn, just show a sliver.
  • #15 by hogfan14 on 10 Jul 2017
  • Thought it was interesting that he mentioned Hayden by name.

• #16 by ThisTeetsTaken on 10 Jul 2017
  • Booger and Spears crying about poor recruiting at LSU.  Poor guys can't get any talent down there.
  • #17 by Hogs49ers on 10 Jul 2017
  • Austin Allen coming up after the break in about 2 minutes.
  • #18 by BigSexyHog on 10 Jul 2017
  • Booger and Spears crying about poor recruiting at LSU.  Poor guys can't get any talent down there.

Yeah normally they do pretty good about being somewhat down the middle but man they were crying bad....lol
  • #19 by GuvHog on 10 Jul 2017
  • Yeah normally they do pretty good about being somewhat down the middle but man they were crying bad....lol

That's really odd because the one thing Ed O does really well is recruit.
  • #20 by ThisTeetsTaken on 10 Jul 2017
  • That's really odd because the one thing Ed O does really well is recruit.
    Apparently, Saban > Orgeron in recruiting blue chips in Louisiana.
  • #21 by RazorPiggie on 10 Jul 2017

It's Coach O's first year. My goodness.
  • #22 by RyanMallettsEgo on 10 Jul 2017

• Even if you don't like him as a coach, you can't say this guy isn't a hoot.
  • #23 by ThisTeetsTaken on 10 Jul 2017
  • He said they are going to "start concentrating on winning games in the 2nd half instead of losing them".  I think that's a good idea.   
  • #24 by PorkRyan on 10 Jul 2017
  • He said they are going to "start concentrating on winning games in the 2nd half instead of losing them".  I think that's a good idea.   

What a fantastic idea.
  • #25 by HawgTrough on 10 Jul 2017

brilliant!
  • #26 by BigSexyHog on 10 Jul 2017

Something all hog fans can agree on.
  • #27 by Razorback Pastor on 10 Jul 2017

Glory Glory Hallelujah!
  • #28 by onebadrubi on 10 Jul 2017
  • He said he knows his QB's aren't getting paid any money, but isn't sure about any one elses....
  • #29 by factchecker on 10 Jul 2017
  • Thought it was interesting that he mentioned Hayden by name.

Chase is a strong young man:

• #30 by Rock City Razorback on 10 Jul 2017
  • Melvin Johnson will not be eligible to enroll this year. Kid was a late reach and was going to redshirt anyway, hopes to be here in January. But I'm not so sure they'll still want him then as previous history has indicated. Always a risk when looking at a JUCO guy. I thought that CBB had a policy for not taking JUCO guys that didn't qualify out of HS though?

Also said that worst case, Brown is here in January, but is on track to enroll right before fall camp... So don't see him playing this year.

And surprised there hasn't been any comment or question on Michael Taylor appeal.
  • #31 by factchecker on 10 Jul 2017
  • #32 by factchecker on 10 Jul 2017
  • And surprised there hasn't been any comment or question on Michael Taylor appeal.

Taylor was here last season so he should be good to go.
  • #33 by colbs on 10 Jul 2017
  • Melvin Johnson will not be eligible to enroll this year. Kid was a late reach and was going to redshirt anyway, hopes to be here in January. But I'm not so sure they'll still want him then as previous history has indicated. Always a risk when looking at a JUCO guy. I thought that CBB had a policy for not taking JUCO guys that didn't qualify out of HS though?

Also said that worst case, Brown is here in January, but is on track to enroll right before fall camp... So don't see him playing this year.

And surprised there hasn't been any comment or question on Michael Taylor appeal.
    I bet Brown plays this year.
  • #34 by Wildhog on 10 Jul 2017

Groundbreaking stuff right here.
  • #35 by PonderinHog on 10 Jul 2017
  • Groundbreaking stuff right here.
    Dare I say "uncommon?"   ;D
  • #36 by TebowHater on 10 Jul 2017
  • Is there a link to his PC somewhere? Thanks.

Edit:
  • #37 by Rock City Razorback on 10 Jul 2017
  • Taylor was here last season so he should be good to go.

Wasn't questioning eligibility. They appealed the NCAA to try and get last year back, which would make him a SO this year. Stated previously that they think they have a good chance it'll be granted.
  • #38 by factchecker on 10 Jul 2017
  • Wasn't questioning eligibility. They appealed the NCAA to try and get last year back, which would make him a SO this year. Stated previously that they think they have a good chance it'll be granted.

Cool.  It would be awesome to get back a year of eligibility.
  • #39 by FANONTHEHILL on 10 Jul 2017
  • Taylor was here last season so he should be good to go.
    Michael Taylor is good to go.  As people see more if Michael, they're going to love him.  A sack machine.  Also a great kid. Shares an apartment with my son.
  • #40 by MrKnowItAll on 10 Jul 2017
  • Bret Bielema retells story of butt-dialing SEC commish Greg Sankey

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19955245/bret-bielema-arkansas-razorbacks-butt-dials-sec-commissioner

Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said shortly after the birth of his daughter on Saturday, he was walking out of restaurant after getting some food for his wife Jen.

He looked at his cellphone and was surprised to see SEC commissioner Greg Sankey's name.

Bielema thought it was great the commissioner had called him: "This is pretty cool, the commissioner is Face Timing me, that's pretty unique!''

• #41 by ThisTeetsTaken on 10 Jul 2017
  • Groundbreaking stuff right here.
    I guess if you were his boss evaluating him you'd have to say he has a plan of action going forward....
  • #42 by PossumFan on 10 Jul 2017
  • Bielema misuses the word "unique" a lot. I know it's not a big deal, but it just kind of bugs me, like "ATM machine" and the epidemic misuse of "literally." If he wins 9 this year, though, I am willing to overlook it :-)
  • #43 by Groer Kriegschwein on 10 Jul 2017
  • I guess if you were his boss evaluating him you'd have to say he has a plan of action going forward....

So did Mussolini.

Didn't work out so well. (No I'm not comparing his situation to Benito's).

Also Looks like coach gained some sympathy weight while his wife was pregnant. He n eds to get that under control.
  • #44 by hog.goblin on 10 Jul 2017
  • Wow Ed O was terrible.  If he coaches like writes a speech it's going to be like Ole Miss again.
  • #45 by ThisTeetsTaken on 10 Jul 2017
  • So did Mussolini.

Didn't work out so well. (No I'm not comparing his situation to Benito's).

Also Looks like coach gained some sympathy weight while his wife was pregnant. He n eds to get that under control.
    He and the O-line coach are obese to the point that I'm afraid for their health and I don't even know them. .  They look like heart attacks waiting to happen.
  • #46 by FraggleHog on 10 Jul 2017
  • Wow Ed O was terrible.  If he coaches like writes a speech it's going to be like Ole Miss again.

I'd love to see LSU squander into oblivion like Ole Miss did under his tutelage...
  • #47 by CFB_Fanatic on 10 Jul 2017
  • I'd love to see LSU squander into oblivion like Ole Miss did under his tutelage...

Would also love it. Don't think it will happen. His LA roots will help them keep in state talent and he has 2 of the best coordinators in the game. Unless he takes hold of the wheel and crashes it himself (which he says he learned not to do at Ole Miss) we could be in trouble.
  • #48 by hog.goblin on 10 Jul 2017
  • I'd love to see LSU squander into oblivion like Ole Miss did under his tutelage...

I'm counting on it.
  • #49 by hawgon on 11 Jul 2017
  • If he doesn't lose some weight, he isn't going to live to collect his buyout.  His blood work is probably some sort of nightmare.
  • #50 by hobhog on 11 Jul 2017
  • If he doesn't lose some weight, he isn't going to live to collect his buyout.  His blood work is probably some sort of nightmare.

Probably similar to your blood pressure whenever you post anything about our coach. Relax.
Pages:
Actions