Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perspective Matters

Started by WilsonHog, July 09, 2017, 09:49:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 09, 2017, 09:34:56 pm
maybe I just mis understood his intent.   Obviously fan support does play a role in the success of the program in general.  and I do agree with him about what the program goals should be.

That's fine, not many on here would come back with an agreeable post...me included most of the time. Now where the heck is that shamefaced icon?

oldhawg

Quote from: hobhog on July 09, 2017, 07:11:50 pm
Whiffed on his point. OP readjusts his passionate perspective to enjoy the process and Hog football while trying not to ruin his and every one else's day. You just basically became casual non observer. Not the same.

Just a different perspective.  It still matters, which was the OP's subject.

HogBreath

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 09, 2017, 09:12:47 pm
+1000.i miss those days.we did not win the sec. but we had a top 12 program for 2 years running. finished in the top 15 in 2010.and the top 5 in 2011. it was fun to be a razorback fan.fun to see them winning almost every week.it can happen again. but not if we give up on winning.
Exactly right Joe..all this perspective talk is just nothing more than a loser's lament.  My old high school coach had a sign in his office that said.."show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser". 

Even as a  thirteen year old boy, I knew he was right.  No if's, ands or buts.  Like former Jets coach Herm Edwards once said.."you play to win the game".  Period.  You may beat me, but you will not make me like it.  Lots of these drugstore cowboy type fans nowadays who have no problem lapping it .  It shows a lack of character.

If you don't like to compete, it's probably best to stay away from competitive contest.  If you don't care if you win or lose, you're just there trying to be fashionable anyways.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

WilsonHog

Here is an absolute certainty: what I expect, or don't expect, from Arkansas football does not matter a tinker's damn. I've been buying season tickets and contributing to the RF since 1981, and if I quit tomorrow - hell, if I died tomorrow - no one associated with our football program would know. If they did know, they certainly wouldn't care.

To the fans who constantly pound the table and proclaim their expectations for the program, their importance to the program, I say stop deluding yourself; you have waaayyyyyy overstated your importance (as exhibited by the lifelong fan and season-ticket holder who will be given the bum's rush if he can't meet the current donation level).

Porked Tongue

I want my stocks to double overnight.
I want my steak to be the best.
I want my flight to not be delayed.
I want my kids to be successful.
I want to retire early.

But.

Life is full of disappointments.  Give it your personal best and live with the result.  If you ain't disappointed, you ain't trying hard enough.  But the fun is in the journey,moment and the anticipation.  I learned a long time ago that far too many people let a loss bother them more than the thrill of a win.  I'm not cut like that.

Some L's hurt more than others.  But it's not a lasting pain or one that alters my breathing.

Winning is a bonus.  That's why it's euphoric.

Großer Kriegschwein

In my 20s I was such an ass after a Razorback loss that my Soldiers would check the score to know which Section Leader they would get on Monday morning.

2006 was real good for a bunch of weeks. But turned absolutely bad at the end of the season.
This is my non-signature signature.

Quote from: HogBreath on July 09, 2017, 09:59:34 pm
Exactly right Joe..all this perspective talk is just nothing more than a loser's lament.  My old high school coach had a sign in his office that said.."show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser". 

Even as a  thirteen year old boy, I knew he was right.  No if's, ands or buts.  Like former Jets coach Herm Edwards once said.."you play to win the game".  Period.  You may beat me, but you will not make me like it.  Lots of these drugstore cowboy type fans nowadays who have no problem lapping it .  It shows a lack of character.

If you don't like to compete, it's probably best to stay away from competitive contest.  If you don't care if you win or lose, you're just there trying to be fashionable anyways.
I didn't realize I was expected to play on the team and compete. I just thought I was sitting on my couch.

Pig in the Pokey

I'm gonna still cuss and holla. ::hornsdown::
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

panhandlepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 09, 2017, 11:09:53 pm
I'm gonna still cuss and holla. ::hornsdown::

Me too. I get over it quickly when we lose.

But I wait to the last minute to think we still don't have a chance to win.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: HogBreath on July 09, 2017, 09:59:34 pm

What a ridiculous post. Have u convinced yourself that you're competing when you are watching the games? You've obviously missed the point of the post. You personally have zero affect on the outcome. Your job is to be a fan, win or lose.
Herm was speaking only of those athletes who are on the field.

ricepig

Quote from: panhandlepig on July 09, 2017, 11:46:52 pm
  Me too. I get over it quickly when we lose.

But I wait to the last minute to think we still don't have a chance to win.

No doubt Panhandle, some are confusing kicking the dog after a loss, with not caring about the loss, typical HV.

Cinco de Hogo

July 10, 2017, 05:35:57 am #61 Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:46:20 am by Cinco de Hogo
Quote from: ricepig on July 10, 2017, 05:17:40 am
No doubt Panhandle, some are confusing kicking the dog after a loss, with not caring about the loss, typical HV.

Nah has nothing to do with kicking a dog(irrelevant), we just recognize the beaten wife syndrome.

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 10, 2017, 05:35:57 am
Nah has nothing to do with kicking a dog(irrelevant), we just recognize the beaten wife syndrome.

You beat your wife?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on July 10, 2017, 06:28:52 am
You beat your wife?

I thought we's was talking crap about each other not ourselves, well maybe the dog kicking comment wasn't irrelevant.

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 10, 2017, 06:58:47 am
I thought we's was talking crap about each other not ourselves, well maybe the dog kicking comment wasn't irrelevant.

Thinking has always been your problem.  😋

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on July 10, 2017, 07:08:20 am
Thinking has always been your problem.  😋

Not thinking is a bigger problem, my Momma always said "you better think twice about that".  Maybe you should try it.  Here I'll even donate the thinking cap 🎩.

HogShat

A few years ago in the BP era when we trounced USCE I started poking sticks thru the cage at one of my older much wiser buddies in SC. His reply was simple. "I'll be danged if I let a bunch of 18-20 year olds ruin my weekend." That got me to thinking. Is it really worth it? No it isn't. I'm 44 and have really mellowed out in the last couple years. The new wife has quite a bit to do with that  ;)... And to the OP, I empathize with your daughter. I love my old man and love spending time with him. But that temper tho... It makes watching games almost torture. I skipped out on quite a few last year because of it. Then I almost lost him in Nov. Heart attack and 5 bypasses. Hopefully I'll get the chance to share some with him again this year.... Great post OP. 

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 10, 2017, 07:55:53 am
Not thinking is a bigger problem, my Momma always said "you better think twice about that".  Maybe you should try it.  Here I'll even donate the thinking cap 🎩.

Razor1997

Quote from: Steef on July 09, 2017, 11:48:00 am

Casey Dick had a spotty career as an athlete. But a glorious one as a man and a Hog. Through (what I believe to be ) the worst time in Hog history, Casey was the picture of class and maturity.

And on the last play of his career, gave us a top-ten memory in Markham. But he had already won.

That's my second favorite memory of Casey Dick.  #1?  Throwing a block on the LSU safety 50 yards downfield on Darren McFadden's 70 yard TD run.  As great as Ryan Mallett was, you'd never see HIM do something like that.

NoogaHog

I have mentioned this on the board before, but the moment that made me reprioritize (is that a word?) was the Stoernover in 1998. I laid awake in bed for the next two nights. After that I decided that it was not a big deal. I am still a big fan. Where I live I can't make it back for games. But I watch each and every FB and basketball game (usually later at night after spending the day with my family). I can't imagine being holed up for three hours on a Saturday instead of spending that time with my kids.

I can't wait for the next game on the schedule. I am happy when they win and sad when they lose, and I follow all the news I can about the Hogs. But it does not affect my mood after the game is over.

The Hogs are still important to me, and a part of my life. When my dad was alive, the Razorbacks often were the only thing we could talk about.

I hope they go 14-0 and win a NC, but if they don't I will be disappointed. But I will still sleep at night.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

hogsanity

It is just fine to be upset for a little bit after a loss of a team you follow. What the OP is talking about though is not letting the outcome of a game played by 18-22 yr olds, in which you have no influence, ruin hours or days of your, and likely those around you, life. If you derive some self worth from these games, you are truly screwed up. If the people around you think more or less of you because of what the Hogs do, well, you need to get a new group of people to be around.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawgon

Well, most people aren't going to devote any substantial time or money to something that matters so little to them as to not upset them when things don't turn out well.   the program needs people who care enough to have their days ruined when the hogs lose.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgon on July 10, 2017, 11:06:20 am
.   the program needs people who care enough to have their days ruined when the hogs lose.

Those would be players and coaches. What good comes from a fan grumbling around for hours or days after a loss? How is that beneficial to that person or those around him/her?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawgon

Quote from: hogsanity on July 10, 2017, 11:11:42 am
Those would be players and coaches. What good comes from a fan grumbling around for hours or days after a loss? How is that beneficial to that person or those around him/her?

Because people who don't care that much don't spend the $5 to $10k that an even pretty crappy four tickets will cost per year these days.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgon on July 10, 2017, 11:21:40 am
Because people who don't care that much don't spend the $5 to $10k that an even pretty crappy four tickets will cost per year these days.

Sure they would. Most, not all but most, people who spend that type of money do so because they want to see and be seen. For them it is entertainment $$$.

Pigsknuckles

The 87 Texas game left me a zombie for a week. I was physically ill for two days following the 2008 Stoernover game. There have been other frustrating losses, but following that one, I resolved to never again allow myself to become that emotionally invested in a game.The 2007 and 2010 Alabama debacles, the Sugar Bowl and the 2015 Miss St. losses were tough tests of that new found resolve, but it has served me well, and granted me a bit more inner peace.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

jkstock04

Quote from: hogsanity on July 10, 2017, 10:22:17 am
It is just fine to be upset for a little bit after a loss of a team you follow. What the OP is talking about though is not letting the outcome of a game played by 18-22 yr olds, in which you have no influence, ruin hours or days of your, and likely those around you, life. If you derive some self worth from these games, you are truly screwed up. If the people around you think more or less of you because of what the Hogs do, well, you need to get a new group of people to be around.

With this attitude it's obvious why you are a big time fan of the current admin and Bielema...the overall winning doesn't matter mentality that has clouded the program is only looming bigger with each passing year.

Here's the deal though...we are in the SEC, most of these programs we are competing against have fan bases and administration that do have high demands for a winning product.

I'm honestly starting to get the feeling a portion of our fans and people that make decisions look down on programs like Bama. Kind of a high brow pity thing where we feel sorry for them because that's what THEY have to do in order to feel good about their program....or getting excited about winning championships is a silly thing and not what really matters.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hollywood_HOGan45

I was a huge huge razormaniac up until I had a baby.   I don't want her to see daddy rant, rave, and swear ever fall Saturday afternoon.

I still get upset at the losses. Just not like I used to.  The razorbacks will always find a way to screw you.

hogsanity

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 10, 2017, 01:23:15 pm
With this attitude it's obvious why you are a big time fan of the current admin and Bielema...the overall winning doesn't matter mentality that has clouded the program is only looming bigger with each passing year.

Here's the deal though...we are in the SEC, most of these programs we are competing against have fan bases and administration that do have high demands for a winning product.

I'm honestly starting to get the feeling a portion of our fans and people that make decisions look down on programs like Bama. Kind of a high brow pity thing where we feel sorry for them because that's what THEY have to do in order to feel good about their program....or getting excited about winning championships is a silly thing and not what really matters.

Here is the deal though, none of what you just said is what the OP was addressing or I was responding to. A fan can want the team to win, yet not let a loss, in a game THEY HAVE NO INFLUENCE IN, ruin their day, change their demeanor, cause them to curse and stomp like a child, and make them feel physically or emotionally ill for hours or days. That is what the op was talking about.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 10, 2017, 01:23:25 pm
I was a huge huge razormaniac up until I had a baby.   I don't want her to see daddy rant, rave, and swear ever fall Saturday afternoon.

I still get upset at the losses. Just not like I used to.  The razorbacks will always find a way to screw you.

I was literally changing a diaper on my 3 month old at the exact moment of the Stoernover. Upset in the moment, sure, but it faded quickly as my baby laughed and the dog came over to see what was going on, and all the other stuff that goes on with having a 3 month old.

Then, as my boys started playing sports, and plays like that would happen, I felt less sorry for me because "my team" lost, and more so for the players and their parents, knowing the time and effort they put into becoming college or pro players. 

jbigs77

In the end its all just entertainment. What is important, is that no one gets hurt, killed or badly injured.

jkstock04

Quote from: hogsanity on July 10, 2017, 01:37:08 pm
Here is the deal though, none of what you just said is what the OP was addressing or I was responding to. A fan can want the team to win, yet not let a loss, in a game THEY HAVE NO INFLUENCE IN, ruin their day, change their demeanor, cause them to curse and stomp like a child, and make them feel physically or emotionally ill for hours or days. That is what the op was talking about.

I was responding exactly to what you said. Paraphrasing, you basically say who cares if we lose...it's just a game with 18-22 yr old kids playing. That's for sure one way to look at it...(perhaps for us it's the best way) the older I get the less passionate I am. I truly want to see the Hogs relevant and win a conference championship in my lifetime...but if it doesn't happen I'll be ok I suppose.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Porkette

I think the point here is handling oneself as an adult. Being a fan of a football team is no fun if you're not emotionally invested, but once the game is over, it's over. I think the best advice to ourselves is to be an adult, move on, understand the bigger picture, and enjoy the rest of a beautiful fall weekend with your family. Trying to make this basic, common sense piece of life advice into some kind of argument about program expectations (as if we have any control over those anyway) is completely missing the point.
GO HOGS GO!

EastexHawg

Quote from: hawgon on July 09, 2017, 07:11:38 pm
Nope, when I'm satisfied that the commitment is there, I'm there rain or shine, win, lose, or draw.  When I'm satisfied that it isn't, there is no need to be interested or to reward it.  Is there any other area in your life where you consider it a virtue to reward lack of commitment?

I can't enjoy losing, I refuse to support highly paid executives who lack not only the ability but the burning desire to win, and I am incapable of lying to myself and pretending I'm not seeing what I am seeing.

I'll never forget how good it felt to be truly excited about Razorback football again, the way I had been throughout my boyhood and for the rest of the next 30 years, when Nutt was finally fired.  One day that feeling will return.  Until then I will muster all the interest I can while also enjoying other things.

PonderinHog

My perspective is better when we win.

hogsanity

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 10, 2017, 03:00:37 pm
the older I get the less passionate I am.

Maybe that is it with me. I am 47. My oldest moves out of the house in 6 weeks to go to college. Our other will be a HS FR, and is becoming a pretty solid baseball player so hopefully I get 4 yrs to watch him play in HS. I just do not want to waste time grousing over the outcome of a game that I have no control over or know anyone playing in. Sure, i'll get on here and make a comment or two, but it will not be the focus of my day.

To me it is almost like going to a casino. If you just take some fun money, play til its gone, and have some fun, that is one thing. But if you take the next house payment, then whine and complain about how you lost it all, that is something entirely different. 

Cinco de Hogo

HogBreath

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 10, 2017, 03:51:14 pm
My perspective is better when we win.
Wise words as usual from Ponderin.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: hogsanity on July 10, 2017, 01:56:18 pm
I was literally changing a diaper on my 3 month old at the exact moment of the Stoernover. Upset in the moment, sure, but it faded quickly as my baby laughed and the dog came over to see what was going on, and all the other stuff that goes on with having a 3 month old.

Then, as my boys started playing sports, and plays like that would happen, I felt less sorry for me because "my team" lost, and more so for the players and their parents, knowing the time and effort they put into becoming college or pro players.

The stoernover still haunts me today thinking just how close we were to winning the whole thing. I was 16 at the time. 12 when we won the title in basketball. 

Having kids changed things and also having all the disappointments stack up has had an impact as well.  You will drive yourself mad if you get too attached to the hogs which is what I absolutely was before 2015.  I had to scream very quietly after BA scored 2pts vs ole miss in 15 though.

WilsonHog

Some fans engage in behavior I do not understand. They want to feel a large part of the team's success, want it all to be about "we," right up until their team loses. When that happens, it becomes "them."

You can't have it both ways. When I've seen players complain, it's been about that kind of behavior from "fans."

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 10, 2017, 07:50:28 pm
Some fans engage in behavior I do not understand. They want to feel a large part of the team's success, want it all to be about "we," right up until their team loses. When that happens, it becomes "them."

You can't have it both ways. When I've seen players complain, it's been about that kind of behavior from "fans."

I agree. I may not like it when we lose and I may like it even less when we lose and it is because we have unnecessarily shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly. But I'm all in for the Hogs and the kids on the team, all of the time. I'm not just a fan when I judge that everyone is invested in doing all that they can to make the team successful according to my standards. Of course I want to see that happen, but even if that doesn't happen, I'm still a Hog fan and I am here for the players. The coaching staff is fair game (I know I will regret having said this), but not the kids on the team. I'm always on-board for them.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: Porkette on July 10, 2017, 03:28:04 pm
I think the point here is handling oneself as an adult. Being a fan of a football team is no fun if you're not emotionally invested, but once the game is over, it's over. I think the best advice to ourselves is to be an adult, move on, understand the bigger picture, and enjoy the rest of a beautiful fall weekend with your family. Trying to make this basic, common sense piece of life advice into some kind of argument about program expectations (as if we have any control over those anyway) is completely missing the point.

Yep, for some reason some are trying to correlate being an ass, being sick to your stomach, or not talking to anyone all week with not wanting to win.

hogsanity

Quote from: ricepig on July 10, 2017, 08:23:16 pm
Yep, for some reason some are trying to correlate being an ass, being sick to your stomach, or not talking to anyone all week with not wanting to win.

It's like you cant be a real fan unless you have season tickets, donate alot of $$$, have every players autograph since 1977, watch the 69 texas game every Sat in the offseason, and scare everyone around you when the hogs lose.

I want the Hogs to win, I do not like it when they lose, BUT I cant make them win or stop them from losing.

bythelake

Great thread, shows the passion.  I'm older now and have gone thru most phases of hogdom that have been discussed.  Through the entire adventure I have never been one to openly criticize players even though, well we all knew .  Rarely called for the firing of a coach.  Never saw any merit in  negativity. 

I relate to porked's perspective the most.  Lot more important things to dominate me. 

I live in Fayetteville now and home games are easy.  I start tailgating with old friends  early Saturday morning.  On average about 20-40 hometown folks visit and eat over the day.  When we win we celebrate.  When we lose we cuss and discuss.  Either way time of being with family and friends. 

I have to admit that I still am in immense pain over the Missouri and tech collapses. Woo pig.

RME

July 10, 2017, 09:42:38 pm #94 Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:25:49 pm by RyanMallettsEgo
Quote from: hogsanity on July 10, 2017, 09:23:26 pm
It's like you cant be a real fan unless you have season tickets, donate alot of $$$, have every players autograph since 1977, watch the 69 texas game every Sat in the offseason, and scare everyone around you when the hogs lose.

I want the Hogs to win, I do not like it when they lose, BUT I cant make them win or stop them from losing.

I do agree. This is one of the things that rubs me the wrong way. Just because someone donates $10k a year doesn't make them more of a "fan" than a guy who gets by to save up as much as he can to take his family to one Arkansas game per year.

My life isn't affected if Arkansas wins or loses. I love them, and always will, and I want a 15-0 season every year, but if it doesn't happen, my life isn't changed. I'll leave the anger, frustration, and angst to the coaches and players because we all know it hurts them a helluva lot more than it does anyone here.

After a Razorbacks game, I'm still a 25-year-old guy from Arkansas now living in Washington, DC having the time of my life. I'll go to our alumni watch parties at Hawk 'n Dove on Saturdays and watch with the other 20-somethings. I'll be upset and ticked if we lose (and have a drink because I'm sad!), I'll be thrilled if we win (and have a drink because I'm happy!), but either way, I'll wake up in a city I'm enjoying, surrounded by great people, looking forward to the next Saturday.

WilsonHog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on July 10, 2017, 09:42:38 pm
My life isn't affected if Arkansas wins or loses. I love them, and always will, and I want a 15-0 season every year, but if it doesn't happen, my life isn't changed. I'll leave the anger, frustration, and angst to the coaches and players because we all know it hurts them a helluva lot more than it does anyone here.

That reminds me of 1982. We were 7-0 when we lost to Baylor, 24-17. I was bitching and moaning about how pissed off and disappointed I was, ad nauseum. Finally my roommate, a Razorback baseball player who hadn't said much of anything, looked over at me and asked, "Do you REALLY think it means as much to you as it does the players?"

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hawgon on July 09, 2017, 06:28:48 pm
I have much the same thought process but my means of dealing with it is different.  I just quit paying attention when they suck.  I go hunting.  I play golf.  I do something else.  Football is entertainment.  Losing at anything isn't fun.  I won't reward those satisfied with losing my money, time, or attention.  I'm not miserable.  I feel fine.  I don't waste my time with it and I don't have to lie to myself that I enjoy it even when they are not committed to winning.

We may disagree in the political board, but we agree on this. I simply got tired of being miserable for three days afterwards. Didn't watch the 4th Q of Missouri and only about 1/4 of the 3rd Q of the bowl game. Maybe 10 minutes of the whole Auburn game.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 09, 2017, 06:58:16 pm
You sir are a fair weather fan and that is sad, though folks like you actually exist. You don't have to be miserable, you can still be a fan and hope for the best for the Hogs, but that doesn't sound like who you are inclined to be. They are either great and you are a fan, or they underachieve and you check out because you don't have the maturity to deal with it. At least, that is how it sounds.

Muskogee, it isn't a fair weather fan if it is done game by game. Why watch the whole Auburn game? Or second half of the Belk Bowl?

It is simply a game that isn't worth getting upset over. I turn off the game and await the next one.

I'm ready and excited for this season. Still a fan. Just not going to watch a team phone it in.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 09, 2017, 07:39:14 pm
What the hell! are you people kidding me? watching Razorbacks lose games makes me sick!the idea i just want to enjoy the game win or lose is sickening. it's called accepting losing.o will never as a fan accept losing.Alabama,LSU,FL and Auburn and many others will never accept losing.if this is where this fanbase is today. the program is doomed. it will never win a championship again.don't do it Hog fans.don't ever accept losing. i will not and can not enjoy a game when Arkansas is losing and getting destroyed. makes me want to throw up.but that's me. i will never change on this.

When this subject came up you were the first person I thought of. Having heard you say you get physically sick with a loss.