Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

[tweet]882793358380457984[/tweet]

Well....
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

colbs

Hawg Red

Hurts.

But we move on. We can still get a good player to replace him.

rzrbcksooie

Wow. Somehow this just seems like something that would happen to us.

Scott7703

Does this really surprise anyone? I'm sure we told him to look elsewhere so we could land another 4 year guy.

rzrbackramsfan

I honestly don't even care.  The Arkansas basketball program is bigger than any one single player or recruiting class for that matter. 

Go get us another one that will actually stay true to his word, CMA!

HardingHog

:'(  :'(  :'(

Well, we can sell Ian Steere on being "the man" at PF now I guess

dawn2tusk

What's wrong with his dad? All the decommit rumors started when he got back from playing overseas. I assumed some other kid got in his ear. The piece he wrote about Arkansas being God's plan for his life and how we were his Kentucky, Kansas, and duke was one of the best commit pieces I've ever read.  Feel a little betrayed. We'll move on.

mhuff

Sucks.   Don't understand how that helps his fatherr

Hawg Red

Ian Steere -- CHOO-CHOO!

Look, we aren't getting anyone the caliber of Perry, but the bright side is that he was a one-year player. It sucks because we really needed that one year for the program because it could have been special. But we don't fall off the map without him. The staff has to get out there and get a good replacement, though, and that is going to be a struggle from previois results. I'd be over-the-moon for Steere at this point, but I'd have high hopes.

Another thing that could soften the blow is sooner-than-expected development by Bailey and/or Osabouien. Or even Ethan Henderson. We ain't dead by any means but we lost our biggest gun among the future recruits.

batmanfan

Lol this staff getting Steere is a long shot.  Look for a undersized juco pf with mid major offers to commit in the spring.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

HardingHog

Quote from: mhuff on July 05, 2017, 10:16:22 pm
Sucks.   Don't understand how that helps his fatherr

Well, to help, he could potentially go overseas before going in the draft or he could go to FSU to stay close to home. But who knows

HardingHog

July 05, 2017, 10:23:02 pm #12 Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:47:23 pm by HardingHog

HogCzar1

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Hawg Red

Quote from: batmanfan on July 05, 2017, 10:19:30 pm
Lol this staff getting Steere is a long shot.  Look for a undersized juco pf with mid major offers to commit in the spring.

Probably more likely but they at least have time to really hammer on Steere. History tells us not to hold our breath but we can hope.

Hate that the stars didn't align with Rod Brown now.

Kevin McPherson

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

HogInThaGrove

To be honest, I'm really tired of these types of things happening to us.  Just can't seem to get that break. Perry is a program changing type of player, even if he's only here 1 year. That year builds momentum and allows us to get on other players radars.  Just frustrating. And like others have said, if we can't get THIS kid with all his connections to Arkansas and playing for the Hawks, who can we hope to get? Outside of Portis, we can't even keep our best in-state players.  I'm not down on Mike, just frustrated by how hard it is to get kids to stick to their commitments these days.

KlubhouseKonnected

This could just be bad luck. Our program just needs to keep on grinding.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Letsroll1200

It's a mediocre recruiting class without Perry. Henderson,  Hill and Sills  are all developmental players. We have to get back to work in recruiting.

The Boar War

This is where a "big time" program would find a job and a doctor for his father in it's home town.  I hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure it would change a thing in our case.

Mr. Porkleone

Dads sick. Need to be close yet travels overseas, LA, will be with Hawks playing all summer. Just be honest and do t say all this crap

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 05, 2017, 10:17:25 pm
Ian Steere -- CHOO-CHOO!

Look, we aren't getting anyone the caliber of Perry, but the bright side is that he was a one-year player. It sucks because we really needed that one year for the program because it could have been special. But we don't fall off the map without him. The staff has to get out there and get a good replacement, though, and that is going to be a struggle from previois results. I'd be over-the-moon for Steere at this point, but I'd have high hopes.

Another thing that could soften the blow is sooner-than-expected development by Bailey and/or Osabouien. Or even Ethan Henderson. We ain't dead by any means but we lost our biggest gun among the future recruits.

Ethan Henderson? The kid is tall I wil give him that. However, on a skill level he has a lot of growing to do. I watched him play a lot last season and there was games I couldn't tell he was on the team.

I really like the class that's just signed. Garland and Hall can flat out ball and they compete.

razorhog52

Yep. This hurts. This class went from a final 4 class with him to a second round tournament team without him. No player is bigger than a program but you have to get big players to elevate the program forward. Without Corliss we don't win the natty. Without Portis we don't make the tournament.

Mike needs to hit the recruiting trail for some bigs. Ethan Henderson is a project as he can't even start for Parkview. Ian Would soften this blow.

LRHawg

Figures. Wish kids just wouldn't post crap like he posted. He may have meant it, but if you can't keep your word after saying something like that then just keep your mouth shut. What is the story on his dad? Did this really just come up or is he using him as an excuse?

BigSexyHog

Goes overseas to play for weeks but yet he has to decommitted cause dear old Dad is sick.  BS,  sorry not buying it but I am sure coach Cal is
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

HogFoo

Yeah. Sorry. I mean. I want to give the kid the benefit of the doubt. But come on man. Went to Europe. Went all over. And now a family member is supposedly sick and Arkansas is no longer a choice now?  Come on man.  Sorry I don't buy it. I saw the live video he did last week on IG or whatever  where he kept blowing off hog fans that asked if he was coming to Arkansas.  He would answer questions except that one.  Who knows ,perhaps his dad really is sick.  I hate being cynical.  But, I'm gonna guess that maybe his dad will feel better if he goes to Kentucky or duke or n.carolina. or even Kansas.   
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Hogs49ers

July 06, 2017, 01:27:32 am #29 Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 01:43:07 am by Hogs49ers
Guys - we do not have enough information yet.  For all we know, his Dad just got sick in the last couple weeks and if that is the case then we can not be upset with his decision, but should instead give him phrase for being so mature to make that hard decision to be there for family.

With that said, if we get more information and "Dad is sick, need to be closer to home" turns out to be just cover for him wanting to disappoint less people, then I will be right there with the angriest people on this board based on what he has said about the Hogs and how solid his commitment was and that "Arkansas is his Kentucky, Duke, and Kansas!".  However, until we know more, I think it is foolish to berate some young kid that is making this decision based on the information we have at the moment...I do not think there is ever a right time to berate a young kid in highschool for the decision he makes on what college he will attend, but most definitely not when that decision is made based on staying closer to home to be there for a sick family member.

This hurts me a lot as a fan, as I was just as excited as anyone else about the potential with him and Gafford teaming up together, but there are a lot of positives that we can still look forward to with the upcoming classes and then the 3 top 40 guys in the class of 2020 from Arkansas!  Surely we can land at least 1/3 ;)

The thing that makes me not just want to jump off a cliff now is the fact that we are only losing Reggie Perry for 1 year...Yes, it could of been a great year and it still can be, but there is no way he was going to be here for more than 1 year.  On to the next one....Go Hogs!
SCREW Vandy!

Hawg Red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on July 05, 2017, 11:22:58 pm
Ethan Henderson? The kid is tall I wil give him that. However, on a skill level he has a lot of growing to do. I watched him play a lot last season and there was games I couldn't tell he was on the team.

I really like the class that's just signed. Garland and Hall can flat out ball and they compete.

He's done pretty well this summer against elite competition, Henderson has. His production and role for Parkview don't make sense. Give me a glimpse of what he can do against SEC competition and I think that is what has happened this summer.

The_Iceman

k.c.hawg

If his father is ill and he wants to be close to home I fully understand and wish him, his father and his family well. That's what I would hope my son would do. If he or his family put this story out there to soften the blow of the decommitment after such a strong commitment I would look at it as a major character flaw that tells me a lot about his future.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Hogimus Prime

IMO he is being told he will be stuck at the 4 at Arkansas, he will be a 3 at the next level and will play the 3 at such such school.

Pinto

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on July 05, 2017, 10:39:51 pm
To be honest, I'm really tired of these types of things happening to us.  Just can't seem to get that break. Perry is a program changing type of player, even if he's only here 1 year. That year builds momentum and allows us to get on other players radars.  Just frustrating. And like others have said, if we can't get THIS kid with all his connections to Arkansas and playing for the Hawks, who can we hope to get? Outside of Portis, we can't even keep our best in-state players.  I'm not down on Mike, just frustrated by how hard it is to get kids to stick to their commitments these days.

You're talking like we didn't land Daniel Gafford who has the potential to be a lottery pick the next couple of years...

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 06, 2017, 05:21:12 am
He's done pretty well this summer against elite competition, Henderson has. His production and role for Parkview don't make sense. Give me a glimpse of what he can do against SEC competition and I think that is what has happened this summer.

I pretty sure he can play when he comes to play. I watched Parkview a lot and there where games that he wasn't tuned in. We need another big because Henderson has to more consistent on the floor. Henderson can jump out the gym and has the size to be a beast on the boards.

NWAHog479

Hope his father is okay, this is another one of those scenarios where our "fans" get a little crazy... It's obviously a tough pill to swallow, but who knows who else they'll bring in. I'd rather have somebody that actually wants to be here... Without Perry I still think we have a solid class and will be a good team.

redleg

So he says it's because his dad is sick? Ok. I certainly hope his father feels better.
But if he signs with any other team not in the state of Georgia, we'll know that was just a bullsh!t excuse to make himself feel better about de-commiting from Arkansas and playing with his AAU friends, just so he can go with a "big time program" now that he's a 5-star recruit. I sincerely hope this is the legit reason, not because I want his father to be sick, but because I do not want to see him wearing Kentucky blue next year.
I suppose there is still hope. One would think that his dad would want him to go play college ball where he was happiest, with his buddies. Maybe that will still happen. Maybe his dad will get better. I hope so, for both his sake and the Hogs.
:-[
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Hawg Red

Quote from: redleg on July 06, 2017, 08:15:18 am
So he says it's because his dad is sick? Ok. I certainly hope his father feels better.
But if he signs with any other team not in the state of Georgia, we'll know that was just a bullsh!t excuse to make himself feel better about de-commiting from Arkansas and playing with his AAU friends, just so he can go with a "big time program" now that he's a 5-star recruit. I sincerely hope this is the legit reason, not because I want his father to be sick, but because I do not want to see him wearing Kentucky blue next year.
I suppose there is still hope. One would think that his dad would want him to go play college ball where he was happiest, with his buddies. Maybe that will still happen. Maybe his dad will get better. I hope so, for both his sake and the Hogs.
:-[

Tallahassee is actually his closest option. It's 34 miles from Thomasville, GA. Athens, for example, is 242 miles from Thomasville. Atlanta is 227 miles away.

soso

Dad- "Son if you go to Arkansas it will kill me. Kansas or Kentucky will just give me gas."

Money

Soooie21

But he is still playing with the Arkansas Hawks....Kentucky bound....

batmanfan

Worst thing to me about this is that the recruiting that has been done the last 2 years that had everyone hopeful this staff had turned a corner is looking like fools gold. Thank goodness for the state of Arkansas cause these dudes can't sell it as of now out of state.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

The_Iceman

Quote from: batmanfan on July 06, 2017, 09:35:09 am
Worst thing to me about this is that the recruiting that has been done the last 2 years that had everyone hopeful this staff had turned a corner is looking like fools gold. Thank goodness for the state of Arkansas cause these dudes can't sell it as of now out of state.

And I have no hope for any of the other recruits we've been on. Expect this spot to be filled by someone like Weaver.

hei5manhog

"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

PorkRinds

One player makes 2 years fools gold? If you say so.

azhog10

This is dumb. Perry was committed. Hell the kid said all the right things that made it seem very apparent he was all hog. Clearly something outside of anyone's control at Arkansas changed his mind. Mom tweeted just yesterday that she wanted Reggie to be a hog. They seem like good people and maybe being away overseas caused him to really miss his folks and put a value in being closer to his dad. Hard to fault Mike Anderson due to his father getting sick. Now if he ends up going to Kentucky or Kansas, then yeah that tells us that someone (i.e. a handler) got involved in changing his mind after he blew up at Pangos.

LRHawg

Arkansas recruiting: Spend a ton of resources getting on kids early and getting them to commit, then pray they don't blow up. Sucks.

skinnypig

if it is truly because of his dads health, closest school is Fla. St. right?

Hawgndaaz

batmanfan

Quote from: azhog10 on July 06, 2017, 10:09:37 am
This is dumb. Perry was committed. Hell the kid said all the right things that made it seem very apparent he was all hog. Clearly something outside of anyone's control at Arkansas changed his mind. Mom tweeted just yesterday that she wanted Reggie to be a hog. They seem like good people and maybe being away overseas caused him to really miss his folks and put a value in being closer to his dad. Hard to fault Mike Anderson due to his father getting sick. Now if he ends up going to Kentucky or Kansas, then yeah that tells us that someone (i.e. a handler) got involved in changing his mind after he blew up at Pangos.

It's not dumb, look at the facts. Fools gold until they can land some out of state prospects. We'll see how the Perry situation plays out.