Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 Years Ago Today

Started by NuttinItUp, July 01, 2017, 05:32:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Texas A&M and Missouri joined the SEC.

....150 years ago today Canada became a country.

ChicoHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 01, 2017, 05:32:32 pm
Texas A&M and Missouri joined the SEC.

....150 years ago today Canada became a country.
Those two joining the SEC was one of the worst things that happened to us.  14 team conferences is just too many.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 01, 2017, 11:01:32 pm
Those two joining the SEC was one of the worst things that happened to us.  14 team conferences is just too many.

Mo' money, mo' problems.

zane

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 01, 2017, 11:01:32 pm

Yeah

And they both beat us every year....
RIP LSUfan

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: zane on July 01, 2017, 11:53:59 pm
Yeah

Just Texas A&M does. I believe we are 1-2 against Missouri since they joined.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

East Clintwood

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 01, 2017, 11:55:53 pm

Is that supposed to make us feel better?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: zane on July 01, 2017, 11:53:59 pm
Yeah

EVERY program has years where they do well and then no so well. It just so happens that both of them have done well lately. That will not always be the case.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 02, 2017, 06:50:56 am
EVERY program has years where they do well and then no so well. It just so happens that both of them have done well lately. That will not always be the case.

The last two years, Mizzou has gone 5-7 (1-7 SEC) and 4-8 (2-6 SEC).  Not exactly "well lately".

Hawghiggs

Remember the good ol'days when we thought we could beat these teams on a regular basis.

Pudgepork

Hogs have beaten them the 1st half in almost every game.  They have won the 2nd halves so it's a split

GuvHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 01, 2017, 11:55:53 pm

Correct. Missouri hasn't won a game in DWRRS and Arkansas hasn't won a game in Columbia, Missouri.

Missouri isn't going to win in DWRRS this year either.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on July 02, 2017, 01:10:12 pm
Correct. Missouri hasn't won a game in DWRRS and Arkansas hasn't won a game in Columbia, Missouri.

Missouri isn't going to win in DWRRS this year either.

They weren't supposed to win last year either.  That was a god awful Missouri team

There are no games outside of the 3 rent a wins you can mark up as wins this year.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on July 02, 2017, 01:25:50 pm

They weren't supposed to win last year either.  That was a god awful Missouri team

There are no games outside of the 3 rent a wins you can mark up as wins this year.

I respectfully disagree with your last sentence..

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hog.goblin

Quote from: GuvHog on July 02, 2017, 01:27:32 pm
I respectfully disagree with your last sentence..

Ok, list the wins we can write down now and we'll back at the end of the season to see how accurate you are.

I have 3.
I still think we find a way to win 8, but those 5 are from any of 7 teams and I could see us easily only winning 3 or 4 of those 5.

GuvHog

Quote from: hog.goblin on July 02, 2017, 06:12:20 pm
Ok, list the wins we can write down now and we'll back at the end of the season to see how accurate you are.

I have 3.
I still think we find a way to win 8, but those 5 are from any of 7 teams and I could see us easily only winning 3 or 4 of those 5.

FAMU
TCU
Texas A&M
New Mexico State
@South Carolina
@Ole Miss
Coastal Carolina
Mississippi State
Missouri

I have Bama and LSU listed as losses with Auburn as a Toss up.

hog.goblin

Quote from: GuvHog on July 02, 2017, 06:28:20 pm
FAMU
TCU
Texas A&M
New Mexico State
@South Carolina
@Ole Miss
Coastal Carolina
Mississippi State
Missouri

I have Bama and LSU listed as losses with Auburn as a Toss up.

Thank you sir.

HamSammich

I think Mizzou and tamu was good for the arkansas fan base. The rational ones of us can see mediocre teams come in and do better than us and want better.

HiggiePiggy

Texas A&M was not good for Arkansas. All it did was add another school to the west that out recruits us every year.

cosmodrum

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 02, 2017, 08:56:00 pm
Texas A&M was not good for Arkansas. All it did was add another school to the west that out recruits us every year.

We used to be able to tell Texas kids to come play in the SEC, and now we can't.
Go away, batin'

hog.goblin

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 02, 2017, 09:32:40 pm
We used to be able to tell Texas kids to come play in the SEC, and now we can't.

Sure we can.  Their other choice is to do so as an Aggie.  It's up to us to own the Aggies once again.

Three and Snout

Quote from: hog.goblin on July 02, 2017, 11:06:27 pm
Sure we can.  Their other choice is to do so as an Aggie.  It's up to us to own the Aggies once again.

Do so as an Aggie and stay in state where momma can watch them play more easily and more often.  This certainly hurt our Texas recruiting. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: Three and Snout on July 02, 2017, 11:55:46 pm
Do so as an Aggie and stay in state where momma can watch them play more easily and more often.  This certainly hurt our Texas recruiting. 

No doubt, that's why we have to start beating them and finishing ahead of them

GuvHog

Quote from: Three and Snout on July 02, 2017, 11:55:46 pm

The Hogs Texas recruiting began to decline the moment the Hogs jumped to the SEC, long before either A&M or Missouri even considered making the jump to the SEC. When a school changes conferences, they also have to change their recruiting area to a degree, which they have done. They still get a few recruits from Texas but now they also get them from areas where they rarely got them when the Hogs were in the SWC.

ChicoHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 02, 2017, 09:32:40 pm
Exactly.   I wish they would go back to the Big 12 and take Mizzou with them. 

GuvHog

A&M being in the SEC has hurt the Texas Longhorn recruiting far worse that it has hurt Arkansas Razorback recruiting.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: GuvHog on July 04, 2017, 09:04:08 am
A&M being in the SEC has hurt the Texas Longhorn recruiting far worse that it has hurt Arkansas Razorback recruiting.

I'm ok with anything that hurts the shorthorn t-sippers, but I wish we could beat the Ags.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 02, 2017, 09:40:45 am
The last two years, Mizzou has gone 5-7 (1-7 SEC) and 4-8 (2-6 SEC).  Not exactly "well lately".

And yet they found a way to split with us.  Not very comforting.

nwahogfan1

If we want to establish a rivalry with A&M we have start beating them. 

NuttinItUp

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 04, 2017, 09:41:52 am
If we want to establish a rivalry with A&M we have start beating them. 

This.

Otherwise, it is just going to turn into the same thing as the old SWC days with Texas where we just hated them because they beat us most of the time, but they didn't think twice about us.

GuvHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 04, 2017, 10:05:54 am
This.

Otherwise, it is just going to turn into the same thing as the old SWC days with Texas where we just hated them because they beat us most of the time, but they didn't think twice about us.

It's sort of like Arkansas vs LSU. We think of LSU as a big rival but LSU thinks of Arkansas as an aggravating pimple on their behind.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: GuvHog on July 04, 2017, 10:19:52 am
It's sort of like Arkansas vs LSU. We think of LSU as a big rival but LSU thinks of Arkansas as an aggravating pimple on their behind.

The difference though is in the last 5 years is we have beaten LSU I believe 2 times while we haven't beaten Texas A&M at all. 

GuvHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 04, 2017, 10:36:56 am
The difference though is in the last 5 years is we have beaten LSU I believe 2 times while we haven't beaten Texas A&M at all. 

A&M sees Arkansas as a big rival though, now that the Longhorns aren't playing them any more.

The Hogs haven't beaten the Aggies the last 4 years but they did beat A&M in Jerry World before the Aggies joined the SEC.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: GuvHog on July 04, 2017, 11:24:01 am
A&M sees Arkansas as a big rival though, now that the Longhorns aren't playing them any more.

From everything I have read, Ags see LSU as their main rival in the SEC. (or at least the team they want to beat the most)

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: GuvHog on July 04, 2017, 11:24:01 am

The Hogs haven't beaten the Aggies the last 4 years but they did beat A&M in Jerry World before the Aggies joined the SEC.

No offense but our rival is Missouri as much as we wish it was someone else that is our rivalry and we should play like it is because they sure did when they were 3-8 and had nothing to play for last year. 

GuvHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 04, 2017, 01:05:35 pm
No offense but our rival is Missouri as much as we wish it was someone else that is our rivalry and we should play like it is because they sure did when they were 3-8 and had nothing to play for last year. 

If Missouri ever moves to the SEC West where they belong, then Arkansas fans would be more likely to treat them as a serious rival.

Three and Snout

Quote from: GuvHog on July 04, 2017, 01:39:51 pm
If Missouri ever moves to the SEC West where they belong, then Arkansas fans would be more likely to treat them as a serious rival.

Why?  Because we'll play them every year that way?   :-\

GuvHog

Quote from: Three and Snout on July 04, 2017, 01:30:44 pm
Why?  Because we'll play them every year that way?   :-\

No, it's because when they move to the SEC West, they'll become a divisional rival as well as a conference rival.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: GuvHog on July 04, 2017, 02:26:24 pm
No, it's because when they move to the SEC West, they'll become a divisional rival as well as a conference rival.

Right, because Auburn and Georgia don't see each other as rivals. (or Alabama and Tennessee, or.. etc...)