Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How I expect the season to play out, game by game.

Started by Deep Shoat, June 29, 2017, 04:50:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Shoat

Thursday, August 31   Florida A&M in Little Rock

The opening game of the season on a Thursday night.  Against a MEAC team.  The only negative is War Memorial Stadium.  Hogs roll.  45-3

Saturday, September 9   TCU

The hand wringers are already convinced this is a horrifying loss.  The Golden Nugget line opened at TCU +1.  But the Horned Frogs D is a shell of it's former self without Dick Bumpas.  In Fayetteville, this is over by the start of the 4th.  The announcers don't realize it until the two-minute warning.  Surfing8 and 12345 don't catch on until 2021, continuing to post about how "that damn Bi rt didn't work hard enough to beat TCU and blew a 17 point lead to only win 27-10.  Another embarrassing loss."  27-10 Hogs

Saturday, September 23   Texas A&M vs. Arkansas at Jerryworld

The whole world expects the Hogs to find a way to blow this one.  I mean, good grief, we've managed the last three years, right?  But this is the year for revenge.   Because you can bet the team doesn't think they will lose.  Devwah has a coming out party, rushing for 188 against the depleted Aggie front four.  35-21 Hogs

Saturday, September 30   New Mexico State

The last game before a long and brutal road trip, the Hogs use this game to get a little rest before heading to Cockland.  Even so, the Hobos take a beatdown.  35-10 Arkansas

Saturday, October 7   @ South Carolina

Little Willie Muschamp has the national pundits and the "Chicken Little" Hog fans thinking he's got a good team.  Everybody forgets that Little Willie hates offense, even his own.  It's in Columbus, so SC keeps it close for a half.  But Austin and the O reach the next level in the 2nd.  45-21 Arkansas

Saturday, October 14   @ Alabama

AlBoarland conceded this game on Wednesday February 5th, 2014.   He knows games are won and lost on Signing Day, after all.  But for real, Bama is still Bama, and they are chapped in hard to reach places by the last 10 seconds of last season.  Their mission to reclaim the National Championship is still on track, but the Hogs make 'em sweat it.  Alabama 17, Hogs 14

Saturday, October 21   Auburn

The only home game in October, fresh off a slobber knocker in Tuscaloosa.  Is there a better time for Gus and the War Eagle/Plainsmen/Tigers to come to town?  After last season's debacle, Arkansas has already been written off, even though they are 5-1 at this point.  But them boys from Fayetteville are looking for payback, and Bret Bielema doesn't ride the Gus Bus.  The Hogs derail Gus' National Championship hopes.  38-28 Arkansas

Saturday, October 28   @ Ole Miss

Bucky Beaver and the Grove's mini-dress wearing sorority hookers are all wearing sad faces because even the NCAA isn't dumb enough to miss the Rebel Black Bear's cheating.  The team is done, knowing they won't see the postseason for at least 3 years.  Arkansas demolishes an emotionally fragile Ole Miss team.  42-0 Arkansas

Saturday, November 4   Coastal Carolina

It's not a bye, but is should be.  No commentary necessary.   Hogs roll early, rest late.  54-13 Hogs

Saturday, November 11    @LSU

Corn Dogs, tipped over Port-a-Johns, and unintelligible coon ass gibberish.   What is, "I hate Baton Rouge, Alex!"  Going to LSU is always tough.  And unless Mike the Tiger is crying as hard as Colonel Reb was during Coach O's first stint in the SEC, this will be a night game.  You really can throw out the records when Arkansas and LSU tangle, even in Death Valley at night.  I think we lose this one, but I don't really know why.  Call it nausea from the smell.  28-24 LSU

Saturday, November 18   Mississippi State

Back in Fayetteville to close out the regular season against the QB that scares LZH the most.  Dan Mullen has recently started chewing grass and dressing like a pirate, explaining why he can't get a job outside of Starkville.  MSU doesn't have any talent on D.  Hogs win on a last second FG after MSU drives the length of the field to take a 21-20 lead.  23-21 Hogs

Friday, November 24   Mizzou

Nobody gives a rip about the "Battle Line Rivalry", except Mizzou.  But the Hogs are still pissed about blowing a big lead against the worst team in the SEC a year ago.  This one gets ugly early, and embarrassing late.  The third Tigers go back to Methville sporting bruises.  48-10 Razorbacks

We get a tough bowl match up on New year's Eve.  Who knows what happens there, but CBB get's to double digit wins and they Negafans are quiet until National Signing Day, when they start calling for Bielema's head for only signing 16 players in the '18 class.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Mike_e

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

RME

Not to piss on the parade but...we're gonna go from giving up 404 points (31.1 per game) to 182 points? Last year 182 points allowed would've been #1 in the country by 1 point (Michigan).

I like the optimism, just not buying the scores.

But, yes please. God, yes please.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on June 29, 2017, 04:50:41 pm

The opening game of the season on a Thursday night.  Against a MEAC team.  The only negative is War Memorial Stadium.  Hogs roll.  45-3

The hand wringers are already convinced this is a horrifying loss.  The Golden Nugget line opened at TCU +1.  But the Horned Frogs D is a shell of it's former self without Dick Bumpas.  In Fayetteville, this is over by the start of the 4th.  The announcers don't realize it until the two-minute warning.  Surfing8 and 12345 don't catch on until 2021, continuing to post about how "that damn Bi rt didn't work hard enough to beat TCU and blew a 17 point lead to only win 27-10.  Another embarrassing loss."  27-10 Hogs

The whole world expects the Hogs to find a way to blow this one.  I mean, good grief, we've managed the last three years, right?  But this is the year for revenge.   Because you can bet the team doesn't think they will lose.  Devwah has a coming out party, rushing for 188 against the depleted Aggie front four.  35-21 Hogs

The last game before a long and brutal road trip, the Hogs use this game to get a little rest before heading to Cockland.  Even so, the Hobos take a beatdown.  35-10 Arkansas

Little Willie Muschamp has the national pundits and the "Chicken Little" Hog fans thinking he's got a good team.  Everybody forgets that Little Willie hates offense, even his own.  It's in Columbus, so SC keeps it close for a half.  But Austin and the O reach the next level in the 2nd.  45-21 Arkansas

AlBoarland conceded this game on Wednesday February 5th, 2014.   He knows games are won and lost on Signing Day, after all.  But for real, Bama is still Bama, and they are chapped in hard to reach places by the last 10 seconds of last season.  Their mission to reclaim the National Championship is still on track, but the Hogs make 'em sweat it.  Alabama 17, Hogs 14

The only home game in October, fresh off a slobber knocker in Tuscaloosa.  Is there a better time for Gus and the War Eagle/Plainsmen/Tigers to come to town?  After last season's debacle, Arkansas has already been written off, even though they are 5-1 at this point.  But them boys from Fayetteville are looking for payback, and Bret Bielema doesn't ride the Gus Bus.  The Hogs derail Gus' National Championship hopes.  38-28 Arkansas

Bucky Beaver and the Grove's mini-dress wearing sorority hookers are all wearing sad faces because even the NCAA isn't dumb enough to miss the Rebel Black Bear's cheating.  The team is done, knowing they won't see the postseason for at least 3 years.  Arkansas demolishes an emotionally fragile Ole Miss team.  42-0 Arkansas

It's not a bye, but is should be.  No commentary necessary.   Hogs roll early, rest late.  54-13 Hogs

Corn Dogs, tipped over Port-a-Johns, and unintelligible coon ass gibberish.   What is, "I hate Baton Rouge, Alex!"  Going to LSU is always tough.  And unless Mike the Tiger is crying as hard as Colonel Reb was during Coach O's first stint in the SEC, this will be a night game.  You really can throw out the records when Arkansas and LSU tangle, even in Death Valley at night.  I think we lose this one, but I don't really know why.  Call it nausea from the smell.  28-24 LSU

Back in Fayetteville to close out the regular season against the QB that scares LZH the most.  Dan Mullen has recently started chewing grass and dressing like a pirate, explaining why he can't get a job outside of Starkville.  MSU doesn't have any talent on D.  Hogs win on a last second FG after MSU drives the length of the field to take a 21-20 lead.  23-21 Hogs

Nobody gives a rip about the "Battle Line Rivalry", except Mizzou.  But the Hogs are still pissed about blowing a big lead against the worst team in the SEC a year ago.  This one gets ugly early, and embarrassing late.  The third Tigers go back to Methville sporting bruises.  48-10 Razorbacks

We get a tough bowl match up on New year's Eve.  Who knows what happens there, but CBB get's to double digit wins and they Negafans are quiet until National Signing Day, when they start calling for Bielema's head for only signing 16 players in the '18 class.

My gut tells me this post is very, very, accurate.  I always go with my gut!

Hogs49ers

SCREW Vandy!

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Andrew Hogfan

WPS!!!

phadedhawg

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

daprospecta

You lost me at 4-0 AND beating one team we barely beat and a team we have yet to beat under Sumlin by two touchdowns. 

Sed76

Every year I read stuff like this and it gets me hyped. Maybe age is catching up to me but I am not gonna fall into the same trap this year. Hope for the best but fully expecting another long year of bad bounces and breaks.

Al Boarland

ricepig

Arkansas Fan

I don't think we shut out Ole Miss and I think we'll lose to Alabama by more than three points. LSU will beat us by more than four. I also don't feel good about the Auburn game and any kind of revenge. Just my opinion.

hawganatic

Quote from: daprospecta on June 29, 2017, 09:42:37 pm
You lost me at 4-0 AND beating one team we barely beat and a team we have yet to beat under Sumlin by two touchdowns.

The cool thing is the games you refer to hear have absolutely no bearing on how the games in the upcoming season will play out...

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: daprospecta on June 29, 2017, 09:42:37 pm

Recency bias on your part. We beat Auburn in 2015 and lost by 53 in 2016. We once lost to Texas A&M 31-10 and beat them 26-20 the next year and five years in a row after that. And after beating A&M six years in a row, we lost badly 36-23.

Each team is different. Each season is different. This year's games will not be repeats of last years games.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Polecat

I like your optimism, but I don't expect that many wins. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

MuskogeeHogFan

Florida A&M                   W
TCU                             W (but close)
TX A&M (Dallas)          Toss-Up (for now)   
New Mex St                   W
@S. Carolina                  W
@Alabama                      L (but respectable)
Auburn                      Toss-Up     
@Ole Miss                      W (close)
Coastal Carolina              W (but they are tougher against our reserves than we first thought they would be)
@LSU                            L (but close, not at all like last year)
Miss State                     W
Missouri                         W (redemption)
Go Hogs Go!

gchamblee

Al Boarland

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 30, 2017, 12:17:54 pm
Florida A&M         W
TCU                     W
TX A&M (Dallas)  Toss-Up 
New Mex St         W
@S. Carolina       W (Toss-up)
@Alabama           L 
Auburn                 Toss-up (L)   
@Ole Miss           W (Toss-up)
Coastal Carolina  W
@LSU                  L
Miss State            W (L)
Missouri               W (Toss-up)

4-8 / 7-5

mizzouman

Just out of curiosity, but why don't you give a 'rip' about the Mizzou game?  I mean after all, Mizzou has had more success in the last 10 years and is 3-1 in the last 4 games against Arkansas.  So, over looking Mizzou will get Arkansas slapped upside the head, yet again.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: mizzouman on June 30, 2017, 02:00:21 pm
Just out of curiosity, but why don't you give a 'rip' about the Mizzou game?  I mean after all, Mizzou has had more success in the last 10 years and is 3-1 in the last 4 games against Arkansas.  So, over looking Mizzou will get Arkansas slapped upside the head, yet again.

His opinion of the "Battle Line Rivalry" probably won't have any effect on the readiness of the Hogs to play Missouri again. So, a fan overlooking Missouri probably won't contribute to either Arkansas or Missouri getting their head slapped this time.
Go Hogs Go!

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: mizzouman on June 30, 2017, 02:00:21 pm

As FANS we don't give a shite about Mizzery, you're just another game. Of course, the coaches and players should take the game serious, as they should treat every game. Has Mizzery had more success than Arkansas since 2007? I'd like to argue that.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on June 30, 2017, 06:53:04 pm
As FANS we don't give a shite about Mizzery, you're just another game. Of course, the coaches and players should take the game serious, as they should treat every game. Has Mizzery had more success than Arkansas since 2007? I'd like to argue that.

Boy you kinda let yourself take a bad position here. Since 2007 Missouri is 85-46 (.649). Arkansas has been 71-56 (.559).

Plus, Missouri has won the SEC East twice since entering the SEC, 2013 and 2014.
Go Hogs Go!

RME

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 30, 2017, 07:17:21 pm
Boy you kinda let yourself take a bad position here. Since 2007 Missouri is 85-46 (.649). Arkansas has been 71-56 (.559).

Plus, Missouri has won the SEC East twice since entering the SEC, 2013 and 2014.

And they've beaten our ass twice out of the three times we've met since they've been in the conference. I care about them because as of late they've had our number. To write them off is silly.

This has the feeling of us and LSU. LSU fans "don't give a shite about Arkansas" but by God we care about them and give them a run for their money most years. Mizzou is us, and we are LSU in this situation.

Wildhog

I'm embracing the Mizzou rivalry.  It might actually take.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 30, 2017, 07:31:04 pm
Oh, I hate them, just not as much as OM, Auburn, aTm, ..........

goodguytex

I like your prediction. I hope you're right.

factchecker

Quote from: Wildhog on June 30, 2017, 07:31:04 pm

The fact that they've been recruiting Arkansas kids might help the rivalry a little.

They have four Arkansans on their roster (2 from Little Rock and 2 from Fayetteville) and I think there is another kid from Fayetteville walking on there.

Interesting enough I think we have 4 kids from Missouri.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: factchecker on June 30, 2017, 07:42:42 pm
The fact that they've been recruiting Arkansas kids might help the rivalry a little.

They have four Arkansans on their roster (2 from Little Rock and 2 from Fayetteville) and I think there is another kid from Fayetteville walking on there.

Interesting enough I think we have 4 kids from Missouri.

Need to beat them this year and not just hand them the game like we did two of the last 3 years.
Go Hogs Go!

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 30, 2017, 07:17:21 pm

Winning the SEC East doesn't impress me considering how bad the East has been. Yes, they've beaten us as of late, but stop pretending that Missouri is some football power that Arkansas should fear.

Wildhog

"Battle Line Rivalry" does sound really lame, though.
1909/1964/1965/1977

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on June 30, 2017, 08:05:14 pm
Winning the SEC East doesn't impress me considering how bad the East has been. Yes, they've beaten us as of late, but stop pretending that Missouri is some football power that Arkansas should fear.

Geez man, I am not pretending anything, you are the one who said, "Has Mizzery had more success than Arkansas since 2007? I'd like to argue that." I was just providing relevant information. I don't like it either, but it is a fact nonetheless. You just made a statement that seemed lacking in facts. Be glad it was me instead of some Troll or someone who just hates having Bielema as a HC. I'm just being factual.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on June 30, 2017, 08:08:02 pm
"Battle Line Rivalry" does sound really lame, though.

I agree, obviously contrived and made up to make something out of something that never existed previously.
Go Hogs Go!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 30, 2017, 08:09:56 pm
Geez man, I am not pretending anything, you are the one who said, "Has Mizzery had more success than Arkansas since 2007? I'd like to argue that." I was just providing relevant information. I don't like it either, but it is a fact nonetheless. You just made a statement that seemed lacking in facts.

Sorry, but I'm not buying that we should fear Missouri, even if they do have more wins since 2007. If anything, it shows how bad our football program has been if Missouri has had more success.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Arkansas Fan

ARMOgeddon isn't as bad as Battleline Rivalry, but it's still bad. The SEC, Jeff Long, and Missouri people trying to make something that just isn't there.

Al Boarland

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on June 30, 2017, 07:26:41 pm
And they've beaten our ass twice out of the three times we've met since they've been in the conference. I care about them because as of late they've had our number. To write them off is silly.

This has the feeling of us and LSU. LSU fans "don't give a shite about Arkansas" but by God we care about them and give them a run for their money most years. Mizzou is us, and we are LSU in this situation.

There's a subset of our fan base that insist on putting us in a tier we do not belong. Currently, we sit with the MS Schools along with MIZZOU. Those are toss-up games yet some perceive those as automatic wins. That is far from reality. We will have to fight to win those games.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

NorthDallas40

I've had a Razorback vision and they are never wrong. The MSU game will be a game where Coach B's Hog career is on the line. Lose and he is gone.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Al Boarland on June 30, 2017, 08:44:20 pm
There's a subset of our fan base that insist on putting us in a tier we do not belong. Currently, we sit with the MS Schools along with MIZZOU. Those are toss-up games yet some perceive those as automatic wins. That is far from reality. We will have to fight to win those games.

We do not sit with the Miss schools or Missouri. We'll have to fight to win every game, just like every other team does. Stop trying to put us in the tier that we don't belong, which is at the bottom with schools already mentioned. I'm tired of some of you acting like Arkansas is complete shite as a program.

jkstock04

Quote from: Al Boarland on June 30, 2017, 08:44:20 pm
It's strange really...the way most of our fans perceive Mizzou. It truly is like someone said above...kind of like how Texas or LSU views the Hogs is how we view Mizzou. Doesn't matter if we beat them or how many times we beat them in modern times...in their eyes they will always be the better, more superior program.

Arrogance is what it is. Dumbass arrogance actually. I'll never forget that 2014 Mizzou game where they pretty much embarrassed and manhandled our supposed elite quality O-line to end the regular season. Our fans coming up to that week were quite sure with them being small we would easily bulldoze them aside. Funny thing is, come 2015 that game was 100% forgotten about. O-line hype was at an all time high once again.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RME

Quote from: jkstock04 on June 30, 2017, 11:42:37 pm
It's strange really...the way most of our fans perceive Mizzou. It truly is like someone said above...kind of like how Texas or LSU views the Hogs is how we view Mizzou. Doesn't matter if we beat them or how many times we beat them in modern times...in their eyes they will always be the better, more superior program.

Arrogance is what it is. Dumbass arrogance actually. I'll never forget that 2014 Mizzou game where they pretty much embarrassed and manhandled our supposed elite quality O-line to end the regular season. Our fans coming up to that week were quite sure with them being small we would easily bulldoze them aside. Funny thing is, come 2015 that game was 100% forgotten about. O-line hype was at an all time high once again.

I'll take that credit  ;)

But you're right. The same poster in this thread who "doesn't give a shite" about Missouri also doesn't want us lumped in with Mississippi State, a team who has beaten us 4 out of the last 5 and won a lot more total games in that span.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on June 30, 2017, 11:47:03 pm
I'll take that credit  ;)

But you're right. The same poster in this thread who "doesn't give a shite" about Missouri also doesn't want us lumped in with Mississippi State, a team who has beaten us 4 out of the last 5 and won a lot more total games in that span.

Keep cherry picking those stats.

Arkansas Fan

I don't remember us having an elite quality O-line. Missouri did have good D-line play though.

factchecker

Funny thing is, come 2015 that game was 100% forgotten about. O-line hype was at an all time high once again.

AND we beat this ever-living poop out of them in 2015.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee