Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reggie Perry

Started by RUN N GUN, June 22, 2017, 12:51:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jb11

The only way he would get the questions to stop is to say that he is 100% committed to the Hogs.  Any other response will keep the questions coming.

dawn2tusk

Hogdayafternoon, still not liking our chances of seeing Reggie in a hog Jersey? Any word if he's going to play with the Hawks again?

a0ashle

Quote from: jb11 on June 28, 2017, 12:52:22 pm
The only way he would get the questions to stop is to say that he is 100% committed to the Hogs.  Any other response will keep the questions coming.

Yeah I think that's being very optimistic.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: dawn2tusk on June 28, 2017, 03:12:03 pm
Hogdayafternoon, still not liking our chances of seeing Reggie in a hog Jersey? Any word if he's going to play with the Hawks again?

Last I heard, he was still with the Hawks. Not going to share my opinion on how this ends, because the last time I gave my opinion (when asked if there was reason for concern) someone made a false representation on Twitter than I had confirmed RP had de-committed (or was de-committing), and we saw how well that played out.

Hollywood_HOGan45

If he's going to jump ship, I hope he just go ahead and  jumps ship until he's sure where he wants to go.

Swinesong1

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on June 28, 2017, 03:34:22 pm
Last I heard, he was still with the Hawks. Not going to share my opinion on how this ends, because the last time I gave my opinion (when asked if there was reason for concern) someone made a false representation on Twitter than I had confirmed RP had de-committed (or was de-committing), and we saw how well that played out.
Why do you do this tho?  I'm STILL waiting on you to give the big story you promised on why Rodgerick Brown stopped being a Hog target!

Kevin McPherson

June 28, 2017, 07:51:14 pm #156 Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 08:13:07 pm by HOGdayafternoon
Quote from: Swinesong1 on June 28, 2017, 07:20:55 pm
Why do you do this tho?  I'm STILL waiting on you to give the big story you promised on why Rodgerick Brown stopped being a Hog target!

What am I doing exactly? You expected a "big story" from me regarding RB situation that I never even hinted I would give. There was no big story, and I never said there was. I said he was still being evaluated even though he had an offer, thus it was conditional. I also said that evaluation is not just about on-court development. When someone else posted that he was looking to re-class, it let me off the hook a bit to elaborate. I did not want to introduce a young man's academic status, but once it was out there, I chimed in (not sure which thread it was) and confirmed that he would either re-class to 2017 or go to prep school in 2018.

Anyway, here's what I said below (pulled from a Rodgerick Brown thread that was started in March) ...

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on March 30, 2017, 12:58:14 pm
On Rodgerick Brown, he is still under "evaluation" and unless something has changed since Tuesday night, his offer is still not committable. "Evaluation" is a coverall for all sorts of things, not just about the on-court performance of just that one player. I'm not going to spill specifics because it would not be appropriate.

EDIT at 8:13 p.m. Wed., June 28, 2017 ... below is where I did elaborate (found this in a more recent RB thread) ... notice that another poster is the one who brought out that RB was too old to play HS next season (plus RB was telling a Memphis TV guy about his possible re-class around the same time) ... so I felt it was a more appropriate time to say more ...

Quote from: Paul on May 05, 2017, 12:59:05 pm
He's reclassifying because he's too old to play on the high school team next year

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on May 05, 2017, 02:08:01 pm
This was the dilemma I could not/would not go into. Since it is out there, RB will be too old to play at Cordova (TN) next year, which meant he would either re-classify to 2017 OR go to a prep school in 2017-18. He had a Hog offer but it was conditional (not committable) as they were "monitoring and evaluating" his situation as well as what other needs and prospects came into the picture for the program.

mhuff

He will probably give that information when he wants to if he wants to. If he said that he would tell us , it will be forthcoming at an appropriate time. That is his decision, not yours. I would be thinking it would be after Brown signs somewhere.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: mhuff on June 28, 2017, 07:51:46 pm
He will probably give that information when he wants to if he wants to. If he said that he would tell us , it will be forthcoming at an appropriate time. That is his decision, not yours. I would be thinking it would be after Brown signs somewhere.
Exactly. He's respecting Brown's privacy.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Swinesong1

I'm just not a fan of the "I know but I ain't telling" posts.  Just don't say a thing then!

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Swinesong1 on June 28, 2017, 08:47:49 pm
I'm just not a fan of the "I know but I ain't telling" posts.  Just don't say a thing then!

I'm not a big fan of those posts either, except in situations when I can give enough info to help inform (like RB having a conditional offer) without giving the reason why when it would have been the wrong thing to do at the time. By introducing the notion months ago this was not as simple as "he has a UA offer and the Hogs are his leader, so why doesn't he just commit?" -- had I (and others) not elaborated a little to fill in some background there -- posters would still be scratching their heads and blaming the staff for letting RB get away. Some will do that anyway.

I don't come on here to puff out my chest and act like I'm something I'm not. I love basketball, follow it closely, and my goal is to cover it and get good, reliable info out there for fans who want it. When asked my opinion, I give that, too, and do my best to separate that from fact. If you don't like the way I bring it, I'm sorry you feel that way.

tophawg19

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on June 28, 2017, 09:33:34 pm
I'm not a big fan of those posts either, except in situations when I can give enough info to help inform (like RB having a conditional offer) without giving the reason why when it would have been the wrong thing to do at the time. By introducing the notion months ago this was not as simple as "he has a UA offer and the Hogs are his leader, so why doesn't he just commit?" -- had I (and others) not elaborated a little to fill in some background there -- posters would still be scratching their heads and blaming the staff for letting RB get away. Some will do that anyway.

I don't come on here to puff out my chest and act like I'm something I'm not. I love basketball, follow it closely, and my goal is to cover it and get good, reliable info out there for fans who want it. When asked my opinion, I give that, too, and do my best to separate that from fact. If you don't like the way I bring it, I'm sorry you feel that way.
if he doesn't like it , then don't read it. The rest of us do appreciate your input
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Nipsey Mussle

What? Hogday was asked two questions, he answered one and gave more than justifiable reasoning for not answering the other one. He's actually the antithesis of the porkatarian types who would simply say "some will be happy, some will not....."

You're chastising one of the only posters on here who brings actual information on a regular basis (not that I'm saying those of us without info can't make good posts). Maybe stop doing that?

Pinto

Kevin, you really have to stop letting these idiots work you up lol

rzrbackramsfan

Hogdaafternoon is jumpball and possibly hogvilles best poster, please.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on June 29, 2017, 12:33:22 am

What he said!!!  He brings more to this board that any poster brings to any forum on this site.  It is truly incredible the amount of detailed, deep-dive inside reporting we are getting for free.  Thank you so much for all you do HogDayAfternoon!
SCREW Vandy!

gmarv

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on June 29, 2017, 12:33:22 am
gets my vote also.

SPAL

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 29, 2017, 03:55:22 am
What he said!!!  He brings more to this board that any poster brings to any forum on this site.  It is truly incredible the amount of detailed, deep-dive inside reporting we are getting for free.  Thank you so much for all you do HogDayAfternoon!

That hurts, bro.

NoogaHog

Aww, we love you SPAL, but we love HogDay too. There's room in our hearts to love you both.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

PonderinHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 29, 2017, 08:27:22 am
That hurts, bro.
Know your role there, second fiddler.   ;D

dawn2tusk

It seems like the longer be stays committed the better our chances. May be wishful thinking. We should be final 4 good the year he's here.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 29, 2017, 08:27:22 am
That hurts, bro.

Okay, maybe tied with what SPAL brings to EI...  ;)
SCREW Vandy!

hogfreak

I dont think he goes anywhere!

Hogs49ers

Apparently Calipari reached out to the Knicks regarding the President job opening - hopefully these recruits realize that he does not give a sh.it about them and will jump ship to better himself when the moment presents itself with a better opportunity.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19770044/john-calipari-kentucky-wildcats-makes-inquiry-new-york-knicks-sources-say
SCREW Vandy!

hawgfan4life

Until he states he is decommited, any Arkansas fan should only make positive statements like Can't wait to see you in a Hog uniform, I think we are going to play for a championship when you get to Arkansas.  Plants positive thoughts and builds him up in the program.  Everything else plants the idea to leave and increases the odds it will happen.

Lanny

I'm going to enjoy the summer and worry about college sports during the fall
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: hawgfan4life on June 29, 2017, 10:38:11 pm
Until he states he is decommited, any Arkansas fan should only make positive statements like Can't wait to see you in a Hog uniform, I think we are going to play for a championship when you get to Arkansas.  Plants positive thoughts and builds him up in the program.  Everything else plants the idea to leave and increases the odds it will happen.

Bingo.  I've been staying out of here specifically to avoid the over reaction/negative reaction.  This is a good kid and family, and if they change their mind for whatever reason don't look at it as a knock on MA who showed him love early worked it the right way and got the commit.  That's all he can do.  The entire time after this up until now the family has been very positive about the Hogs so the coaches had no reason to worry.

Until then why not be positive as hell.  Sure one could argue it won't help but it sure as heck won't hurt. The only thing that hurts is negative backlash and people showing their ass towards him his family or our coaches.  Even if people aren't negative toward the kid they should not be negative towards MA, the program or staff during that time.  You think that helps recruiting.  All anyone does by being negative is hurt the program, show their true selves as not being a fan but after a 26 win season, just a negative POS.

I'm going to take Lanny's well thought out advice and enjoy the summer and whatever happens happens.  We have a great season ahead in many sports.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HawgTide

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on June 30, 2017, 08:38:59 am
Bingo.  I've been staying out of here specifically to avoid the over reaction/negative reaction.  This is a good kid and family, and if they change their mind for whatever reason don't look at it as a knock on MA who showed him love early worked it the right way and got the commit.  That's all he can do.  The entire time after this up until now the family has been very positive about the Hogs so the coaches had no reason to worry.

Until then why not be positive as hell.  Sure one could argue it won't help but it sure as heck won't hurt. The only thing that hurts is negative backlash and people showing their ass towards him his family or our coaches.  Even if people aren't negative toward the kid they should not be negative towards MA, the program or staff during that time.  You think that helps recruiting.  All anyone does by being negative is hurt the program, show their true selves as not being a fan but after a 26 win season, just a negative POS.

I'm going to take Lanny's well thought out advice and enjoy the summer and whatever happens happens.  We have a great season ahead in many sports.

Great post

Bacon_Bitz

He gone

do what he gone do, right?

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on June 30, 2017, 08:38:59 am

This!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

mhuff

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 29, 2017, 03:55:22 am

It is so obvious by the plethora of information he shares that he loves basketball. What makes his reports so enjoyable is the astuteness with which he assesses each player's abilities. His eye is better than anybody I know. It has to be frustrating when people misquote him. However, he is very professional and patiently explains their errors. I've yet to see anyone apologize. Some people aren't man enough to admit when they're wrong.

Kevin McPherson

HognitiveDissonance

Whatever happens from this point, it's just Exhibit 1,279,345 why as the song goes, 'it don't mean nothin' til they sign it on the dotted line'. Remember the 80s Richard Marx song?

I get excited about commitments too, but I get most excited when their fax actually comes in.

This sounds like a classic case of the big boys getting in Perry's ear. He committed here a year ago when he wasn't such a hot commodity. Sounds pessimistic, yea, but probably accurate. Ark is not on the 'big boy' level right now. He's a hot prospect now and suddenly thinking 'hey, I need to listen to some of these blue blood programs and see what they say'.

Soooie21

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on June 30, 2017, 02:16:46 pm
He gone

do what he gone do, right?
I agree..just using his Dad as a way out...