Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reggie Perry

Started by RUN N GUN, June 22, 2017, 12:51:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

June 24, 2017, 12:39:45 pm #50 Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 08:14:59 pm by HOGdayafternoon
I was asked directly if there was anything to the rumor, and my post confirms there is. I'm not going to share specifics that have been told to me in confidence at this time. However, I can clarify my own words a bit more as I don't want to mislead. When I said it's "Not looking good for the Hogs" that was (and still is) my opinion based on what I know PLUS past experience. Because, as of now nothing definitive -- or even a leaning one way or the other -- regarding a resolution/decision has been shared with me.

Hogimus Prime

Wasn't Kansas still trying to recruit him after he committed?  This reaks of Bill Self.

jry04

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 23, 2017, 03:00:57 pm
FYI - Perry just retweeted this below article that is titled Arkansas is one of the few programs that has hit it off big in 2018.  I do not think he would be posting that if he was starting to think he may decommit from Arkansas.

https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/status/878333728686080002
To be fair, he could also be RT it because he is the player in the picture...

SouthTulsaHog

To be honest giving the timing it sounds like he could be entertaining the idea of playing for a year overseas before jumping to the NBA. Given the timing of the tweet (right after the draft), T. Ferguson doing the same thing and being drafted in the first round. Plus he was just over in Europe with the Team USA thing. Who knows the people he talked to over there. Getting used to the lifestyle etc.

I don't have any inside info what so ever. Just my 2 cents

Hogs49ers

Quote from: SouthTulsaHog on June 24, 2017, 01:14:15 pm
To be honest giving the timing it sounds like he could be entertaining the idea of playing for a year overseas before jumping to the NBA. Given the timing of the tweet (right after the draft), T. Ferguson doing the same thing and being drafted in the first round. Plus he was just over in Europe with the Team USA thing. Who knows the people he talked to over there. Getting used to the lifestyle etc.

I think you may actually be right, this would make more sense that him changing his mind to go to another college.  I am really sad right now...
SCREW Vandy!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HogFoo on June 24, 2017, 12:21:10 pm
well. I've been a Hog fan for a long time.  It wouldn't be the first time sadly, and it definitely wouldn't be the last that something bad might of happened.  Unfortunately,  I guess you kind of get used to it if it does.  That's why I try not to let myself get TOO attached to sports because something always seems to happen.  If hogs win great, if they lose, maybe next time they'll win.  It's how you gotta be if you hate being disappointed.

Yeah, I feel ya my Hog brother. In Chicago on vacation and logged on to see this.
Hogs up! Covid down!

ADavisTheGOAT

Everything just has to be too good to be true for us Razorback fans. It always fails, we are cursed.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

HogBeliever625

If he does this it will be almost as bad as monk. U don't say we are your Kentucky or Duke and then go to a blue blood because your stock rose.

HOGINTENNESSEE

This is the kind of bad that could bring HA out of retirement

hdturner

There goes our top ranked recruiting class. We get some player rank in 300's during spring.

HogsonHicks

The kid is what, 16 or 17 years old, and he just watched the NBA draft and saw the glitz and fanfare of playing professionally. He may be intrigued with the overseas idea, other schools, etc, and just considering his options.

National signing day is in November.  It seems premature to panic in June.

HogBeliever625

Quote from: HogsonHicks on June 24, 2017, 03:53:16 pm
The kid is what, 16 or 17 years old, and he just watched the NBA draft and saw the glitz and fanfare of playing professionally. He may be intrigued with the overseas idea, other schools, etc, and just considering his options.

Definitely not premature when the kids about to decommit

Hogs49ers

Quote from: HogsonHicks on June 24, 2017, 03:53:16 pm

Yes, it was definitely the draft that got those wheels spinning and maybe the fact that he saw himself able to dominate some of the top Euro players and maybe built relationships with some of the Euro players and maybe even some of the Euro coaches telling him that they would pay him very nicely for 1 year after highschool. Per his quote below, he knows he was able to compete against guys going in the NBA draft this year:

"The competition was really good [in Italy], but I had good teammates that helped each other when it came to the games," Perry said. "I felt like I played pretty good. We played against one team that had four guys that have their names in the draft this year so there was no doubt the competition was really good."

However, he did just take that "Decisions" tweet off his Twitter page...I think he seriously wants to come play for the Hogs, but is struggling with the fact that he could make some big time money for 1 year overseas...Man, if the NCAA does not start allowing some sort of compensation for our top athletes in college, you may start to see a large % of the top players going the Euro route...
SCREW Vandy!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 24, 2017, 04:06:34 pm
Yes, it was definitely the draft that got those wheels spinning and maybe the fact that he saw himself able to dominate some of the top Euro players and maybe built relationships with some of the Euro players and maybe even some of the Euro coaches telling him that they would pay him very nicely for 1 year after highschool.

However, he did just take that "Decisions" tweet off his Twitter page...I think he seriously wants to come play for the Hogs, but is struggling with the fact that he could make some big time money for 1 year overseas...Man, if the NCAA does not start allowing some sort of compensation for our top athletes in college, you may start to see a large % of the top players going the Euro route...
Which brings a whole new meaning to "What channel is the game on?"

HogsonHicks

Quote from: HogBeliever625 on June 24, 2017, 04:04:20 pm
Definitely not premature when the kids about to decommit

Premature because that hasn't been announced.  You just grabbed a rumor and ran.

HogBeliever625

Quote from: HogsonHicks on June 24, 2017, 04:11:21 pm
Premature because that hasn't been announced.  You just grabbed a rumor and ran.
HogDay confirmed again. Not premature

HogFoo

Quote from: SouthTulsaHog on June 24, 2017, 01:14:15 pm

I made a comment similar to this myself.  Since that one dude went over seas and got paid and then entered the NBA draft.  He was also promoting the idea to kids in HS to do the same thing.  Perry and those dudes just got back from being overseas.  And they were probably treated pretty well while on the tour playing basketball, so i could see how he would or could equate playing overseas for just a year, while getting paid probably, i dont know maybe 200k-400k or so..  and then coming back and entering the draft.  Heck, if i were a kid with that kind of talent, and especially if i wasnt too big on going to school.  I'd sure consider doing the same thing.  Now, i would rather it be every one of the UK recruits that decided to do this instead of arkansas recruits, if this is in fact what his decision is about... but, it is what it is...  Just bad luck for us.   if it goes down that way.  Hopefully, it was just because of the draft that makes him think... i had saw the tweet where he was saying nba draft, he'd be there in 2yrs.    who knows...
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HogsonHicks

Quote from: HogBeliever625 on June 24, 2017, 04:28:57 pm
HogDay confirmed again. Not premature

Try reading again. You jumped to a sky is falling conclusion. Even if he does decommit, which has yet even been done, that doesn't necessarily mean he's gone. He's a kid. Kids change their minds all the time.

psooie

Caleb stokes to the rescue ?

HogBeliever625

Quote from: HogsonHicks on June 24, 2017, 05:39:27 pm
Try reading again. You jumped to a sky is falling conclusion. Even if he does decommit, which has yet even been done, that doesn't necessarily mean he's gone. He's a kid. Kids change their minds all the time.
If a kid decommit the odds of them recommitting to that school is very very very low

batmanfan

This staff better get this figured out.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: HogBeliever625 on June 24, 2017, 06:32:57 pm
If a kid decommit the odds of them recommitting to that school is very very very low

Where did he decommit?  It's still a rumor at this point.

HogBeliever625

Quote from: HogsonHicks on June 24, 2017, 07:31:02 pm
Where did he decommit?  It's still a rumor at this point.
This didn't just come out of thin air. In all likelihood his camp linked this. Reggie Perry will not be a Hog unfortunately

HogsonHicks

Quote from: HogBeliever625 on June 24, 2017, 08:06:45 pm
This didn't just come out of thin air. In all likelihood his camp linked this. Reggie Perry will not be a Hog unfortunately

Yep, and the sky is falling.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PorkRinds

jry04

To speak in certainties like this is absolutely stupid. Could there be something to this? Yes, but saying he is for sure gone and there is no way he is a Hog is stupid, but this is Hogville and you are a Hog fan, so being stupid shouldn't come as a surprise.

He has been traveling all over to different events with top recruits likely in his ear. Things will settle down and he will no longer have all those guys in his ear all the time. The fact that we have 4 of his AAU teammates coming still gives us a big edge because at the end of the day playing with them will probably mean more.

PorkRinds

I don't think flipping is likely. If anything it will be to make money overseas which would suck but hurt way less.

HawgTide

Just stop. It's a rumor right now, not a fact. Don't act like you know anything

jry04

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 24, 2017, 10:39:21 pm
I don't think flipping is likely. If anything it will be to make money overseas which would suck but hurt way less.
I do not see that happening, but I guess we will see.

Oklahawg

The long-term story is that there are equal chances that Perry plays for the Hogs or for no one. Small chance he winds up with a second school. I am not going to quote percentages - the strongest pull besides the NBA is to play with his AAU teammates.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ADavisTheGOAT

I'm guessing while he was in Italy he was talking with overseas basketball guys and the told him, "You should definitely come play over here next year". Now he's seriously considering it.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

HogCzar1

Quote from: Hogfan991 on June 24, 2017, 11:02:11 pm
I'm guessing while he was in Italy he was talking with overseas basketball guys and the told him, "You should definitely come play over here next year". Now he's seriously considering it.

I just read from someone that should know that it isn't playing overseas, but rather other schools that have simply not quit recruiting him. And he has plenty of people in his ear that don't want to see him at Arkansas.

Letsroll1200

This class stars and finish with Reggie Perry!! If Perry decommits it's back to the drawing board. Sills, Henderson, Hill are just good solid players. Reggie Perry is elite.

Mr. Porkleone

His tweet been deleted

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on June 25, 2017, 12:25:26 am
His tweet been deleted

I am not into Twitter but just googled Perry. There was a link to his Twitter page and his commitment tweet was pinned.

Does that mean it's not deleted?

HOGINTENNESSEE

June 25, 2017, 12:55:00 am #86 Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 01:05:39 am by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: ShadowHawg on June 25, 2017, 12:51:38 am
I am not into Twitter but just googled Perry. There was a link to his Twitter page and his commitment tweet was pinned.

Does that mean it's not deleted?

He deleted his post about with the word decisions.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on June 25, 2017, 12:55:00 am
He deleted his post about with the word decisions.

Ok thanks.

870hogfan

I bet he will be a Hog in the end.

ricepig

June 25, 2017, 09:29:08 am #89 Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:48:19 am by ricepig
His parents released a statement saying he hadn't decommitted, and wouldn't do it through twitter, anyways. However, it wasn't a ringing endorsement that he was 100% Hog.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/jun/25/statement-al-and-kimberli-perry-about-hog-commit-r/#.WU_C7xAdH3w.twitter

jry04

Quote from: Hogfan991 on June 24, 2017, 11:02:11 pm
He is not playing overseas. It is not even in the discussion.

Besides, overseas is for kids who cannot qualify snd spin it as they do not want to play in college.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ricepig on June 25, 2017, 09:29:08 am
His parents released a statement saying he hadn't decommitted, and would do it through twitter, anyways. However, it wasn't a ringing endorsement that he was 100% Hog.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/jun/25/statement-al-and-kimberli-perry-about-hog-commit-r/#.WU_C7xAdH3w.twitter

Although it is good he hasn't decommitted, that certainly didn't sound too encouraging.  It sounded like he hasn't decommitted.........yet.  He could be a legend in this state, play with his friends, win a ton, and go on to the NBA after a year or two.  I just thought he was different than the Monks and Goodwins of the world.

TechHawg

I have no sources, but I am nearly 100% sure he won't be a Hog. I've been a Hog fan my whole life, and if there's one thing I know, its that if it seems too good to be true, it is. We can never have anything go our way for more than a couple months.

Mr. Porkleone

Where's there smoke, there's fire. He gone. Big boys moving in on him. And this reeks to high heaven. Mark it.

batmanfan

He is gone more than likely.  I think at this point we all have to realize this staff just isn't big time enough when it comes to recruiting.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

PorkRinds

Quote from: batmanfan on June 25, 2017, 10:44:37 am
He is gone more than likely.  I think at this point we all have to realize this staff just isn't big time enough when it comes to recruiting.

Lol.

FineAsSwine

His parents released a statement saying he hadn't decommitted, and would do it through twitter, anyways. However, it wasn't a ringing endorsement that he was 100% Hog.

Good news finally. Glad to see that.
Hogs up! Covid down!

jry04

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 25, 2017, 11:22:26 am
Good news finally. Glad to see that.
I would not say it is good news, but not necessarily bad, either. She did not end the rumors, just said she was disappointed there were rumors and that they would not break the news on social media.

He deleted his tweet. Maybe because it was unrelated and did not want speculation, or because it was related and his parents told him that is not how it will be done.

LJHOG

Quote from: navyhog24 on June 23, 2017, 11:19:10 am
Basketball recruiting is supposed to be more of a gentleman's game, meaning that once a recruit commits somewhere then others schools are supposed to back off some. At least, that is how Mike Anderson does it. Plus, all of Perry's close friends are going to the same school. Why would he do that to all of them? He'll be a hog. Don't worry.

that's so comforting. 

Letsroll1200

His parents released a statement saying he hadn't decommitted, and wouldn't do it through twitter, anyways. However, it wasn't a ringing endorsement that he was 100% Hog.

The kid is getting a Lot of attention and with other elite players overseas might have changed his mind. As good as the Hawks players are they are not nearly as talented as Reggie. Joe has a elite skill set because he can shoot the basketball. That translates to any level of play. However, Henderson, Hill and Sills are developmental players as of right now.
We have to get a elite player outside the borders of Arkansas. We need a special year on and off the court and a 4 or 5 star to commit to join Reggie. If not this kid is going to play with other high level talent. It's that simple.