Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reggie Perry

Started by RUN N GUN, June 22, 2017, 12:51:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RUN N GUN

Rumors are coming out since his stock is rising there's a chance he will decommit from Arkansas...If he doesn't sign in the early period it will not be looking good for the hogs to land him..and also Mike knows and that's why so many 2018 offers are going out as well.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: RUN N GUN on June 22, 2017, 12:51:33 pm
Rumors are coming out since his stock is rising there's a chance he will decommit from Arkansas...If he doesn't sign in the early period it will not be looking good for the hogs to land him..and also Mike knows and that's why so many 2018 offers are going out as well.

Source?
Hogs up! Covid down!

Van Boarisson

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Van Boarisson on June 22, 2017, 08:37:07 pm
Lol @ the OP

Lol I was thinking the same thing.  I love how he just got absolutely no response or rise out of anyone...
SCREW Vandy!

navyhog24

azhog10

Could happen but his mom seems to be huge into Ark. Will be surprised tho.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: azhog10 on June 22, 2017, 11:52:19 pm
Could happen but his mom seems to be huge into Ark. Will be surprised tho.

OP has no corroborating evidence of this at all or he would have posted it.

Obvious troll. This thread should be deleted.

Hogs up! Covid down!

mhuff

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 23, 2017, 08:20:26 am
OP has no corroborating evidence of this at all or he would have posted it.

Obvious troll. This thread should be deleted.

widespreadsooie

I don't think he's trolling. I've heard similar rumors. Could be cause for concern later on but not now.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: widespreadsooie on June 23, 2017, 08:37:49 am
I don't think he's trolling. I've heard similar rumors. Could be cause for concern later on but not now.

Who did you hear it from? Beer drinking buddies and message boards are not real sources.
Hogs up! Covid down!

widespreadsooie

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 23, 2017, 08:45:24 am
Who did you hear it from? Beer drinking buddies and message boards are not real sources.

I'm not here to quote anyone but I know some people here would take his word as a legitimate source while others wouldn't. Some of you get so caught up on sources and forget what you're here to discuss in the first place. Bottom line is that Reggie Perry could be swayed away with his soaring stock.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: widespreadsooie on June 23, 2017, 08:57:28 am
I'm not here to quote anyone but I know some people here would take his word as a legitimate source while others wouldn't. Some of you get so caught up on sources and forget what you're here to discuss in the first place. Bottom line is that Reggie Perry could be swayed away with his soaring stock.

Great, if true I guess we'll see him in KY? I hope not...
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

zebradynasty

I am sure he's gotten more attention lately but wasn't he a 4* when he committed? So it doesn't pass the smell test that now he's five he has more than he can handle and wants to explore other options.

King Kong

Quote from: widespreadsooie on June 23, 2017, 08:57:28 am
Bottom line is that Reggie Perry could be swayed away with his soaring stock.

He could be swayed. But his soaring stock is just on the recruiting rankings. He already had most of the top schools recruiting him. Really no change from that front.

The statement that most makes me believe this rumor is false is that MA is aware of it and that's why there are so many 2018 scholarships going out.

So far I haven't read anything about to suggest this is the case. IMO we have to few scholarships off for the current spots already available.

Hogimus Prime

Didn't Perry say that Arkansas was his Kentucky

King Kong

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on June 23, 2017, 09:36:15 am
Didn't Perry say that Arkansas was his Kentucky

He did and it is still pinned on his twitter

The Hogfather

I really hope this guy is different.  We're building something special right now and he can be that final piece to put us over the hump.  He'll get drafted as high as he would by going anywhere else.  By the time he gets here, we'll be on TV a lot more and winning consistently.  We'll be seen as an elite program again.  Really hope he doesn't fall for the used car salesman pitches he will inevitably hear over the next few years.

FineAsSwine

The acorn hasn't even fallen and already, the chicken littles are going crazy.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Van Boarisson

Reggie has been a top 25 player for a LONG time. He could go wherever he wanted 6 mos ago. Dumb thread.

widespreadsooie

There shouldn't be any cause for concern right now

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Van Boarisson on June 23, 2017, 11:05:11 am
Reggie has been a top 25 player for a LONG time. He could go wherever he wanted 6 mos ago. Dumb thread.

I'm looking at his offers on 247 and don't see Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, Kansas. A slew of other schools could come calling. He could not have gone wherever he wanted to six months ago or today.

navyhog24

Basketball recruiting is supposed to be more of a gentleman's game, meaning that once a recruit commits somewhere then others schools are supposed to back off some. At least, that is how Mike Anderson does it. Plus, all of Perry's close friends are going to the same school. Why would he do that to all of them? He'll be a hog. Don't worry.

Van Boarisson

Quote from: widespreadsooie on June 23, 2017, 11:08:45 am
I'm looking at his offers on 247 and don't see Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, Kansas. A slew of other schools could come calling. He could not have gone wherever he wanted to six months ago or today.

247? Lol. I couldn't care less what his "247 offer list" says. He can play wherever he wants.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: navyhog24 on June 23, 2017, 11:19:10 am
Basketball recruiting is supposed to be more of a gentleman's game, meaning that once a recruit commits somewhere then others schools are supposed to back off some. At least, that is how Mike Anderson does it. Plus, all of Perry's close friends are going to the same school. Why would he do that to all of them? He'll be a hog. Don't worry.

All indications are that He will sign in November with the Hogs, according to numerous credible sources such as all the recruiting sites, his mom and himself. I'm not worried at all
Hogs up! Covid down!

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Van Boarisson on June 23, 2017, 11:24:00 am
247? Lol. I couldn't care less what his "247 offer list" says. He can play wherever he wants.

No, he can't.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Van Boarisson on June 23, 2017, 12:03:54 pm

Hit the books kid, I know you have a summer school final coming up. Surely your time is better spent than googling memes. 

The_Iceman

This is the recruiting forum. Please ban this troll.

The_Iceman

Quote from: widespreadsooie on June 23, 2017, 11:52:03 am
No, he can't.

Yes he could. If he wasn't committed to Arkansas, he would be recruiting be every top school. It is only because of his strong stance with Arkansas these teams have bothered.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 23, 2017, 12:30:13 pm
Yes he could. If he wasn't committed to Arkansas, he would be recruiting be every top school. It is only because of his strong stance with Arkansas these teams have bothered.

Still remains to be seen.

Hogs49ers

https://twitter.com/_R1bang_/status/878034817094266880

I do not think we will have him on the Hill for more than a 1 year...
SCREW Vandy!

The_Iceman

Quote from: widespreadsooie on June 23, 2017, 12:34:50 pm
Still remains to be seen.

How many offers did Bobby Portis have?

Hogs49ers

I am not really worried about Reggie going elsewhere bc he is a diehard Hog fan and the relationship he has built with Arkansas coaches and the rest of the Hawks players, but the only thing that does scare me a bit is that fact that he is starting to spend a ton of time around all the elite 5 star players (In France with team USA) and you can tell he has started building relationships with those top guys based on his instragram and twitter pictures hanging out with them. 

So I imagine he will start to get a little bit of pressure from some of those guys that will be attending the Dukes, UNCs, and Kentuckys of the world.  However, from a glass half full perspective, since he is such a hardcore Hog fan, he could also potentially talk some of these 5 star elite players to consider going to Arkansas to build their own name and compete for a national championship as he continues to build a relationship with these top guys at All American games like the McDonalds AA game.

Kevin, I would be interested to hear your vibe that you were getting from speaking with Perry after the Eurocamp.
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

FYI - Perry just retweeted this below article that is titled Arkansas is one of the few programs that has hit it off big in 2018.  I do not think he would be posting that if he was starting to think he may decommit from Arkansas.

https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/status/878333728686080002
SCREW Vandy!

HardingHog

Hogs49ers

https://twitter.com/_R1bang_/status/878455801232453632

Not going to lie, the timing of this tweet worries me just a bit...
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

June 23, 2017, 10:45:32 pm #36 Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:35:28 am by Hogs49ers
Okay, I am not going to let this get into my head, and I am going to focus on the positive that he is still committed to us and he still has this pinned at the very top of his Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/_R1bang_/status/765969058772709377

I mean honestly, could anyone ever decommit after saying the above "The University of Arkansas is my Kentucky, Duke, or Kansas!"
SCREW Vandy!

widespreadsooie

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 23, 2017, 01:31:01 pm
How many offers did Bobby Portis have?

I would google it if I thought it had anything to do with Reggie Perry. My only intent in this thread was to defend the OP from being a troll.

KenHawg2023

@Hogdayafternoon can u provide any info on this?? Is there reason for concern here??

This doesn't feel right man...

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: KenHawg2023 on June 23, 2017, 11:32:38 pm
@Hogdayafternoon can u provide any info on this?? Is there reason for concern here??

This doesn't feel right man...

The last 72 hours have been surreal, started getting calls early Wednesday morning. Not looking good for the Hogs. Whenever this gets resolved, I'll share what I can.

HogFoo

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on June 24, 2017, 02:21:18 am
The last 72 hours have been surreal, started getting calls early Wednesday morning. Not looking good for the Hogs. Whenever this gets resolved, I'll share what I can.
hmmm... well the plot thickens.....    hopefully this is something other than him thinking of going to another school.   With a top class consisting of his AAU buddies, I'd find it hard that that would be the case.  But, never know anymore.   It would surely suck if that was the case!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Nosboar Accubond

Then don't even say anything. This drives me nuts, if you can't share then don't share.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: RUN N GUN on June 22, 2017, 12:51:33 pm

My apologies to you sir. Guess I just didn't want to believe it.
Hogs up! Covid down!

dawn2tusk

This is like a bad dream.  Over seas? Surely he isn't going to a blue blood after what he's said. This would hurt

The Hogfather

You have to be kidding me.  What a joke.  It never fails with the Hogs, especially the basketball program.  Nothing can be easy and straightforward, even when things finally go our way (Macon/Barford).  It just burns me up that we can't have some studs like him who just stick with us and recruit for us.  I guess I erroneously assumed he would be that guy after the way he committed and the things he said about the Hogs.

HawgTide

June 24, 2017, 11:32:56 am #45 Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:47:43 am by HawgTide
Hopefully Perry will clear this up and reaffirm his commitment to the Hogs soon

HogFoo

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 24, 2017, 08:45:41 am
You have to be kidding me.  What a joke.  It never fails with the Hogs, especially the basketball program.  Nothing can be easy and straightforward, even when things finally go our way (Macon/Barford).  It just burns me up that we can't have some studs like him who just stick with us and recruit for us.  I guess I erroneously assumed he would be that guy after the way he committed and the things he said about the Hogs.
well, it's not over yet guys.  Don't know what's happening.   If anything, may be he saw that kid that was a top recruit last year that commuted to I believe it was Arizona, and then instead of going to college he went overseas and earned a big paycheck before coming back to the U.S. and having his name in the draft.  That kid was suggesting to all high school kids that that was a great option!  I forget his name and where he got drafted but it was a 1st rounder.

Anyways.  Not gonna think anything bad until something comes out.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HogBeliever625

Quote from: HogFoo on June 24, 2017, 11:34:35 am
well, it's not over yet guys.  Don't know what's happening.   If anything, may be he saw that kid that was a top recruit last year that commuted to I believe it was Arizona, and then instead of going to college he went overseas and earned a big paycheck before coming back to the U.S. and having his name in the draft.  That kid was suggesting to all high school kids that that was a great option!  I forget his name and where he got drafted but it was a 1st rounder.

Anyways.  Not gonna think anything bad until something comes out.
Well you better prepare because something bad is gonna come out sooner or later. Just have a feeling

HogFoo

Quote from: HogBeliever625 on June 24, 2017, 11:42:03 am
Well you better prepare because something bad is gonna come out sooner or later. Just have a feeling
well. I've been a Hog fan for a long time.  It wouldn't be the first time sadly, and it definitely wouldn't be the last that something bad might of happened.  Unfortunately,  I guess you kind of get used to it if it does.  That's why I try not to let myself get TOO attached to sports because something always seems to happen.  If hogs win great, if they lose, maybe next time they'll win.  It's how you gotta be if you hate being disappointed.

rzrbackramsfan

Lol.  We should have all been rooting for his recruiting ranking to not skyrocket.