Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Khalil Garland

Started by HogBeliever625, June 11, 2017, 12:03:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBeliever625

June 11, 2017, 12:03:15 pm Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 12:33:30 pm by HogBeliever625
Garland has yet to pass his physical to participate in basketball activities. Sounds like it's may be a heart murmur problem. He is awaiting further tests results. Obviously would be a huge blow to the 2017 class.

FineAsSwine

Damn! How soon will we know for sure?
Hogs up! Covid down!

razorbackfanatic

I hope it works out, I'm extremely excited for this kid to wear a Hog uniform. More importantly this kids whole life is probably mostly about basketball up to this point, it would be a crushing blow to him and his family if he could never play again.

Pig in the Pokey

dang. what a crappy day this has turned out to be.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogBeliever625

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 11, 2017, 12:07:59 pm
Damn! How soon will we know for sure?
We're not sure. He's awaiting test results that reveal the severity of the issue.

AWHAWG

June 11, 2017, 12:56:23 pm #5 Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 09:56:24 pm by AWHAWG
Quote from: HogBeliever625 on June 11, 2017, 12:03:15 pm
Garland has yet to pass his physical to participate in basketball activities. Sounds like it's may be a heart murmur problem. He is awaiting further tests results. Obviously would be a huge blow to the 2017 class.

What about  HIPAA (corrected)

HOGINTENNESSEE

That's not good. Prayers for Khalil

ADavisTheGOAT

I follow Khalil on snapchat and he posts videos on him and other players in the performance center playing basketball. Obviously he's allowed inside to do what he wants but not allowed to participate in official practices?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

PonderinHog

ricepig

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

AWHAWG

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 11, 2017, 02:24:33 pm
TITIS ???
maybe we should not  speculate until something is officially announced or has it? He does have privacy
Prayers for him.

factchecker

Quote from: AWHAWG on June 11, 2017, 08:25:34 pm
maybe we should not  speculate until something is officially announced or has it? He does have privacy
Prayers for him.

Agreed but it's HIPAA

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

AWHAWG

June 11, 2017, 09:02:51 pm #13 Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 08:13:43 am by AWHAWG
Quote from: factchecker on June 11, 2017, 08:55:51 pm
Agreed but it's HIPAA

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
You tha man thanks!

Still prayers for him. I have lived with it for a long time it doesn't have to be serious.

Kevin McPherson

June 11, 2017, 09:04:56 pm #14 Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 09:16:42 pm by HOGdayafternoon
The OP is correct, based on what Khalil's family told me about a week ago. I've been sitting on it per their request, but now that's it's out on this free, public forum, the family has okayed me to confirm it at this time.

KG and Dave England are expected to travel to Minnesota (Mayo Clinic???) to have an MRI soon. He has been working out individually (mostly with Adrio and Jaylen Barford, I'm told) but not in official capacities as part of the NCAA-allowed stuff with the team.

KG and family have been told he will probably end up fine to play, but Hogs not taking chances.

hoglady

Better to be safe than sorry.
We've seen too many basketball players die too young due to undiagnosed heart conditions.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on June 11, 2017, 09:04:56 pm
The OP is correct, based on what Khalil's family told me about a week ago. I've been sitting on it per their request, but now that's it's out on this free, public forum, the family has okayed me to confirm it at this time.

KG and Dave England are expected to travel to Minnesota (mayo Clinic???) to have an MRI soon.Hhe has been working out individually (mostly with Adrio and Jaylen Barford, I'm told) but not in official capacities as part of the NCAA-allowed stuff with the team.

KG and family have been told he may end up fine to play, but Hogs not taking chances.
Was this info known when he was in high school?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Hogfan991 on June 11, 2017, 09:17:14 pm
Was this info known when he was in high school?

Family found out when UA did the physical.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on June 11, 2017, 09:27:48 pm
Family found out when UA did the physical.
Dang. I'm glad they found out now because that's potentially life saving.

hdturner

My prayers are with KG & family

gmarv

Quote from: Hogfan991 on June 11, 2017, 09:37:42 pm
Dang. I'm glad they found out now because that's potentially life saving.
Me too.

Hawg Red

No matter what happens with his playing prospects, thankfully this was caught and can be addressed. Pulling for Khalil.

mhuff

SPAL

Quote from: AWHAWG on June 11, 2017, 12:56:23 pm

HIPAA doesn't make one bit of difference what Joe blow posts on the internet unless said Joe blow is part of his healthcare team.

I work in surgery so I couldn't get on here and tell you who came through the OR. Even if it's public knowledge. But a neighbor or friend who may know someone is having surgery, they can get on here and share what they've been told. It may be bad firm, but it wouldn't be a HIPAA violation.

HawgTrough

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 12, 2017, 09:16:59 am
No matter what happens with his playing prospects, thankfully this was caught and can be addressed. Pulling for Khalil.

Indeed
WPS

AWHAWG

Quote from: HawgTrough on June 12, 2017, 09:46:36 am
Indeed
Amen... at the end of the day it's a game not life.

AWHAWG

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 12, 2017, 09:46:24 am
HIPAA doesn't make one bit of difference what Joe blow posts on the internet unless said Joe blow is part of his healthcare team.

I work in surgery so I couldn't get on here and tell you who came through the OR. Even if it's public knowledge. But a neighbor or friend who may know someone is having surgery, they can get on here and share what they've been told. It may be bad firm, but it wouldn't be a HIPAA violation.
Understand still hate to see it.

Tiny Rick

Hopefully it's not hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.   Good luck, Khalil!

Letsroll1200

Good kid!! Praying that all goes well

Nipsey Mussle

KG and Dave England are expected to travel to Minnesota (Mayo Clinic???) to have an MRI soon. He has been working out individually (mostly with Adrio and Jaylen Barford, I'm told) but not in official capacities as part of the NCAA-allowed stuff with the team.

KG and family have been told he will probably end up fine to play, but Hogs not taking chances.
Hogday, your info is greatly appreciated and we're fortunate to have you here.

Basketball is wayyy secondary on this, I just want him and his family to get good news about his health.

AWHAWG

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on June 14, 2017, 10:46:38 pm

Basketball is wayyy secondary on this, I just want him and his family to get good news about his health.
^^^^^^^^^^
This

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on June 14, 2017, 10:46:38 pm

Same here. I talk to his Dad often, in fact we visited some earlier today. Tremendous people and family, and for Khalil's sake they all want what's best for his health going forward. They have hope right now about his prospects to play, but that is absolutely secondary to his health and not gambling with it. I can tell you that Khalil wants to be on that court, though. He loves to compete and loves the game.

CapitalCityHawg

Does anyone know when we will hear whether Khalil will be able to play? Rooting for him and his health.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: AWHAWG on June 11, 2017, 12:56:23 pm

It is possible Khalil mentioned it to his team mates...family is Ok with it. So no problem. My prayers are that all will be well with KG.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

AlmaHog2011

Thanks sure hope the kid is alright. Thanks for the info.

ricepig

PonderinHog

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

Hawg Red

What a blessing!

For everyone involved, especially Khalil.

PorkRinds

ShadowHawg

So good to hear. Seems like a good kid and family as well as a good player.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!