Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anyone read the Nolan biography "40 Minutes of Hell" by Russ Bradburd?

Started by 40MinutesOfHellFOREVER, April 03, 2017, 03:28:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

40MinutesOfHellFOREVER

You know the biography about Nolan's life and career, which came out a few years ago now?  If you read it, what did you think of it.  What, in your opinion, were its Pro's and Con's as a biography about Nolan?  In other words, what did you enjoy the most about it, and what would you have improved about it, if you could?

Personally, I enjoyed it since I am a big fan of Nolan's, but I was kind of disappointed that it didn't focus a little more on his "40 Minutes of Hell" coaching philosophy, especially given the title of the book. I understand that it was a biography about his entire life, but it still could have spent a little more time than it did, on discussion the strategic background and basic coaching mindset/philosophy which led Nolan to adopt and preach the "40 Minutes of Hell" approach to basketball. As I recall, the author gave fairly short shrift to this fascinating part of the man's life and coaching career.

So, anyone else agree with me on that? Were there other areas where the book failed to meet your expectations?