Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to Dana Altman

Started by TebowHater, March 25, 2017, 10:01:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: JayHog on March 26, 2017, 02:52:11 am

Why? Because he betrayed us. Because he quit on us. Because he tucked his tail and ran away like a coward and quit on the Arkansas players that desperately needed his help. Because he wasn't man enough to honor his commitment.  Because he put a knife in our back.

The thing about stabbing someone in the back... you need to make sure they're dead. Because if you leave them alive, it's not going to be warm and fuzzy the next time they see you. I have nothing but animosity towards that coward and was more than happy to see him and his team lose!
Congrats to him you say?!! Get out of here with that crap!

He could say very similar things about the management at the u of a that hired him with skeletons in the closet, then told him he couldn't fix them his way. 

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on March 26, 2017, 08:54:11 am
John "golden handcuffs" White. He's a huge reason why our football and basketball program have suffered lately.

I would still like to bitchslap him!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

onebadrubi

Quote from: PossumFan on March 26, 2017, 04:33:01 pm
I'm sure Altman had good reasons for not taking the job, as several posters have pointed out. That being said, he should have checked everything out before saying yes rather than back out afterward. So, yeah, I don't hate the guy ... but it's enough for me to root against any team he coaches.

Word was he was directly lied too when he was evaluating the situation, by none other than White.  The man responsible for the tanking of razorback basketball, and couldn't resist keeping his face off the 30 for 30 with Nolan.

The man (white) was an ego maniac that absolutely sucked in his decision making.  He was all around bad business for Arkansas.

onebadrubi

Quote from: JayHog on March 27, 2017, 09:54:44 am
When I bought a business in Hot Springs, after all the papers were signed I found out all the numbers were fraudulent.  I wanted out of the almost $1,000,000 deal. Lawsuit was filed, and the end result is that I won a settlement for a little bit of the money back, but I'm still stuck with the business.
Basically, the judge said I should've done my due diligence, that I should've done more research before I agreed. That once you agree to something, it's over with (even though I was told lies on the front end, so I don't know how in the hell you research false numbers that are being sent to you).  But that is a lesson I've learned that I'll NEVER forget going forward.
As this applies to Altman, any questions or concerns he had should have been cleared up to his satisfaction prior to him making an agreement to be our coach.  But after he agreed to be out coach and we had a verbal contract (and probably even a written contract), he should not have been able to back out like he did!

You had poor guidance and a bad attorney then.  The procedures or mergers and acquisitions is pretty straight forward.  And if financials were truly provided intentionally incorrect then you walk.  Seems like more to your story then what you stated. 

Also, in this exact situation, if you can't trust the chancellor of the university then the chancellor should be fired.  I'm not even sure the legalities of sharing the teams grades with a "potential" coach. 

If I take a job, then start and realize the company is near bankrupt, the owner won't wlr me bring in my team to turn it around, I'm out the door. As would 95%+ of people. 

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: JayHog on March 26, 2017, 02:52:11 am

Why? Because he betrayed us. Because he quit on us. Because he tucked his tail and ran away like a coward and quit on the Arkansas players that desperately needed his help. Because he wasn't man enough to honor his commitment.  Because he put a knife in our back.

The thing about stabbing someone in the back... you need to make sure they're dead. Because if you leave them alive, it's not going to be warm and fuzzy the next time they see you. I have nothing but animosity towards that coward and was more than happy to see him and his team lose!
Congrats to him you say?!! Get out of here with that crap!

Were you cool with how we brought in Petrino?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on March 25, 2017, 10:17:46 pm
Here's the Arkansas Dana Altman era in 4 photos.

Good but you missed the Hog Call. ;-)

The Dana Altman Rule:  "All applicants for the position of head coach in any sport at the University of Arkansas along with their family members shall perform a traditional Hog Call while connected to a Polygraph machine." - Adopted April 4, 2007

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on March 27, 2017, 10:48:56 am
Good but you missed the Hog Call. ;-)

The Dana Altman Rule:  "All applicants for the position of head coach in any sport at the University of Arkansas along with their family members shall perform a traditional Hog Call while connected to a Polygraph machine." - Adopted April 4, 2007

That's a good rule right there. Gosh dang that was awkward.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Youngsta71701

Quote from: DOGALUM on March 25, 2017, 10:08:17 pm
Screw Altman. 

Hope he never wins another game.
Damn! You read my mind! Screw Dana Altman! :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

phadedhawg

Deleted...Misread post I was replying too...nevermind...nothing to see here.

phadedhawg

To the OP...I hope a scoreboard falls on Dana and ends his blight.

k.c.hawg

Well lucky for Dana the good people at Creighton would take him back in to let him continue making $$$$ while he was planning his next exodus in 2 years!! At least he's loyal!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

phadedhawg

Quote from: k.c.hawg on March 27, 2017, 04:11:55 pm
Well lucky for Dana the good people at Creighton would take him back in to let him continue making $$$$ while he was planning his next exodus in 2 years!! At least he's loyal!!

Dana was their first hot girlfriend.  They didn't mind her running around as long as she sometimes stayed the night lolol

JayHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 27, 2017, 10:30:33 am
You had poor guidance and a bad attorney then.  The procedures or mergers and acquisitions is pretty straight forward.  And if financials were truly provided intentionally incorrect then you walk.  Seems like more to your story then.

No, actually it was one of the best business law firms in Little Rock: Mitchell Williams law firm.
They billed me for $50,000

hawgmasta

Quote from: DOGALUM on March 25, 2017, 10:08:17 pm
Screw Altman. 

Hope he never wins another game.

This is why I love hogville. First reply lol, screw everyone baby

onebadrubi

Quote from: JayHog on March 27, 2017, 07:18:07 pm

No, actually it was one of the best business law firms in Little Rock: Mitchell Williams law firm.
They billed me for $50,000

And they didn't comb through tax returns?  Again, seems like more to the story. 

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: hawgmasta on March 27, 2017, 07:33:09 pm
This is why I love hogville. First reply lol, screw everyone baby

He made the right decision at that time.  We were pretty messed up with grades and more then,  I don't blame him.