DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog N Bama

That gap looks ridiculous. Standing room only.... yeah right :puke:

ricepig

Quote from: Hog N Bama on July 14, 2017, 06:33:58 pm
That gap looks ridiculous. Standing room only.... yeah right :puke:

The gap is beautiful, lots of tradition. As far as the SRO, it's for those who wish to purchase a $10-15 ticket to stand and watch the game. However, I think it will be a "Club" area once the SEC votes to allow more alcohol sales in the stadiums. Look for food trucks and local brews to be sold there.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2017, 06:49:04 pm
The gap is beautiful, lots of tradition. As far as the SRO, it's for those who wish to purchase a $10-15 ticket to stand and watch the game. However, I think it will be a "Club" area once the SEC votes to allow more alcohol sales in the stadiums. Look for food trucks and local brews to be sold there.

I figure the club area will be on top of the luxury boxes just below the Pig Screen.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Artex501

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 13, 2017, 05:38:42 pm
I think the've earned those jabs.

I hate when old people do this but ... They've *

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Artex501 on July 15, 2017, 11:43:05 am
I hate when old people do this but ... They've *

Jest becuese I did't pruof reed aint makes my point ane lees va lid.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Alright guys lets get back on topic. We've already had 2 stadium construction threads get locked. I'd like to avoid a 3rd
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 15, 2017, 01:00:58 pm
Alright guys lets get back on topic. We've already had 2 stadium construction threads get locked. I'd like to avoid a 3rd

If a thread hasn't been locked and been to the trash and back, then is it a HOF worthy thread? By the way, looks like the steel work frame is basically done on the structure, and three floors of concrete poured.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 15, 2017, 01:40:20 pm
If a thread hasn't been locked and been to the trash and back, then is it a HOF worthy thread? By the way, looks like the steel work frame is basically done on the structure, and three floors of concrete poured.

Yeah, it shouldn't be long before they start the metal work on the outdoor club seating area.

goodguytex

Quote from: GuvHog on July 15, 2017, 02:13:18 pm
Yeah, it shouldn't be long before they start the metal work on the outdoor club seating area.
I'm curious how much of the actual construction they plan to have done by the first game. I know the objective is to have both video boards ready, and the rest not until next season, but I'll be curious to see how much progress they can make over the next month. And really... They basically have just one month to get ready for a football game. In one month, They'll be less than 2 weeks from first game.

FANONTHEHILL

I drove by this morning.  TV panels are being installed in the south end.  I'll try to get back over and get a picture today.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 15, 2017, 12:13:21 pm
Jest becuese I did't pruof reed aint makes my point ane lees va lid.

How about explaining why you think it's deserved?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 16, 2017, 11:03:56 am
How about explaining why you think it's deserved?

If you are one, you wouldn't understand. If not then you should know why.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 16, 2017, 11:22:27 am
If you are one, you wouldn't understand. If not then you should know why.

So you can't explain it then.  I understand. You want to blame younger people for the problems that older people have caused and continue to cause.  Heck look at the senate, the house, the president.  Old people have been running this country into the ground for awhile and jacking up prices on everything to where it is impossible for younger generations to actually get further because it cost so damn much now compared to what the older generations had to pay for the exact same thing.  There is rarely a chance to have 1 parent work while the other stays home and take care of the kids because old people are more than happy to run up an enormous debt and then say it is young people's fault. 

So would you like to explain your side?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ricepig

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 16, 2017, 11:28:01 am
So you can't explain it then.  I understand. You want to blame younger people for the problems that older people have caused and continue to cause.  Heck look at the senate, the house, the president.  Old people have been running this country into the ground for awhile and jacking up prices on everything to where it is impossible for younger generations to actually get further because it cost so damn much now compared to what the older generations had to pay for the exact same thing.  There is rarely a chance to have 1 parent work while the other stays home and take care of the kids because old people are more than happy to run up an enormous debt and then say it is young people's fault. 

You'd probably get a lot better answers to your questions if you asked them in the Political forum, I've got some for you, but this is MMQB.

razoredge178

Is either jumbo screen going to be operational this season?

GuvHog

Quote from: razoredge178 on July 16, 2017, 01:35:57 pm
Is either jumbo screen going to be operational this season?

Both are supposed to be up and fully operational by the TCU game.

razoredge178

Quote from: GuvHog on July 16, 2017, 01:52:28 pm
Both are supposed to be up and fully operational by the TCU game.

Thanks

Inhogswetrust

July 17, 2017, 06:42:04 am #567 Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 05:24:13 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 16, 2017, 11:28:01 am

Sure I could but I shouldn't need to explain. It's obvious to anyone but a youngster. Old folks do NOT blame young folks for problems we endure. We created our own problems. What we blame young folks for is the problems THEY have themselves. I never brought up the economy or what we did. If anything the one blaming others its the youngsters as evidenced by your post. Besides price inflation is generally a fact of life for ALL generations and we all have to live through it. IF you were older you would know that. Your inability to not have "things" and "get further" is NOT related to the cost of those things and is not the fault of older generations. Some day you'll grow up and hopefully understand.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

7-17 Update. That scoreboard looks good down there!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 17, 2017, 07:03:45 am
7-17 Update. That scoreboard looks good down there!

That's a good looking stadium right there I don't care who ya are  8)
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on July 17, 2017, 07:20:44 am
That's a good looking stadium right there I don't care who ya are  8)
+1

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Im pretty sure the exterior of the Broyles Athletic Complex (not sure if that will still be the name of it, but its what im going with until I hear otherwise) will look completely different by the time we play TCU. I don't think the exterior will be complete, but the concrete outer wall of the building will probably be in place. Just a thought

GuvHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 17, 2017, 07:45:09 am
Im pretty sure the exterior of the Broyles Athletic Complex (not sure if that will still be the name of it, but its what im going with until I hear otherwise) will look completely different by the time we play TCU. I don't think the exterior will be complete, but the concrete outer wall of the building will probably be in place. Just a thought

It isn't the Broyles Athletic Complex any more. They completely demolished the BAC all the way to the ground.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2017, 08:16:25 am
It isn't the Broyles Athletic Complex any more. They completely demolished the BAC all the way to the ground.
I think we all know that. I was talking about the official name of the structure. Im sure it wont just be called the NEZ since the locker rooms and a couple offices will be in there

GuvHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 17, 2017, 08:36:22 am
I think we all know that. I was talking about the official name of the structure. Im sure it wont just be called the NEZ since the locker rooms and a couple offices will be in there

They haven't finalized the plans for some of it so it's hard to know what exactly will be in there other than the game day locker room and team areas.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2017, 08:50:27 am
They haven't finalized the plans for some of it so it's hard to know what exactly will be in there other than the game day locker room and team areas.
Exactly. That makes it hard to believe they will simply call it the NEZ. Too many boosters that want their name on something to let an opportunity like that pass by  ;D

goodguytex

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 17, 2017, 08:55:39 am
Exactly. That makes it hard to believe they will simply call it the NEZ. Too many boosters that want their name on something to let an opportunity like that pass by  ;D
If the finished product looks anything like the artists renderings I've seen, we will have one of the top 10 best looking stadiums in the country. I can't wait to see the finished product!

goodguytex

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 17, 2017, 07:45:09 am

I believe you're right, in that it will still have a name and possibly still be called the BAC. In continued tribute to Frank(beyond just the field name of course).

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Looks like the "screen" for the NEZ is ready to be assembled! Also, SEZ looks like it should be done by this time tomorrow

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 20, 2017, 08:38:20 am
I asked the assistant SID the same thing... He said that the scaffolding in the SEZ is for prep work prior to installing the video board. Nothing being done to the SEZ suites/club level...
Renovations on the SEZ suites are coming along nicely..

Seebs

Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2017, 08:50:27 am

Does the rendering not say Broyles Athletic Center?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Seebs on July 17, 2017, 02:54:57 pm

Yes it does.

FraggleHog

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on July 17, 2017, 02:01:46 pm
Renovations on the SEZ suites are coming along nicely..

What renovations? I don't see anything different on the exterior that wasn't there last season...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

GoHogzzGo

Sure does, well done  8)

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Well done sir

GuvHog

I hadn't noticed that. I'm glad you mentioned it.

Inhogswetrust

July 17, 2017, 05:17:13 pm #587 Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:42:57 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: FraggleHog on July 17, 2017, 03:32:07 pm
What renovations? I don't see anything different on the exterior that wasn't there last season...

Maybe it's on the interior..................

FraggleHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 17, 2017, 05:17:13 pm

Maybe it's on the interior..................

bcs was referring to the scaffolding on the exterior...

RazorPiggie

Looks like the SEZ screen is up.

TebowHater

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Now for the other one! WPS

MissippHog

Just the one red screen on the eve of gameday lighting up the stadium looked awesome at night.  I imagine 2 of them will be bad@ss!

rljjr

DaRazorback

Quote from: TebowHater on July 18, 2017, 06:46:00 pm

If you zoom in it actually looks like the SEZ scoreboard is going to be a bit bigger on both sides.

RazorPiggie

So do we know if they will put a big glowing Hog logo on the back of the SEZ screen? You'd be able to see that thing from West Fork.

FraggleHog

Quote from: DaRazorback on July 19, 2017, 02:02:45 pm
If you zoom in it actually looks like the SEZ scoreboard is going to be a bit bigger on both sides.

That will be where the pillars are and the advertisement boards like it was set up last year...

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Update 7-20:
Cement has been poured on each floor of the BAC

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 20, 2017, 09:56:44 am
Update 7-20:
Cement has been poured on each floor of the BAC

Well, I don't think the "first" floor has been poured.........

OneLardAlmighty

By the way, the 'gap' looks much better now that they've almost finished connecting the two sides of the stadium. Once the elevator towers are up and the seats are in it's going to look amazing.  Gap and all.