Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many people want Bielema fired now????

Started by Hogtied85, December 29, 2016, 09:36:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hhousewps

If Bielema goes, Long follows swiftly out the door behind him, plain and simple. If MBB doesn't get turned around, that's 4 hires that he's overseen that have turned out to be busts. Get us back to an AD with a sports background. The taglines are cute and they make the University money, but we're in the SEC and wins/losses are what matter. Not hashtags and alternate logos. I'm sick of being sold that while the on the field product is an embarassment, I should be happy Bielema is "doing it the right way," grades are up, arrests are down, etc. There are numerous other successful head coaches that do all of that AND win. It's nothing more than an excuse.

It's pretty obvious to anyone paying attention that Bielema is in over his head. He's a solid game planner, but terrible game manager. You don't consistently have the 2nd half performances we have had if you're a good game manager. In a conference like the SEC where the coaching talent is high, from the HC down to the assistants, you don't get by without making in-game adjustments.

It's not just the W/L column either. There are numerous other issues that make Bielema not sit right with me. Him being out on the field getting "shoved" by a player and then celebrating by doing a jig on the field of play. Ask yourself, what other respected coach in college football could you see pulling those antics? How many times do we have to hear about player safety with this guy, only for him to keep players in unwinnable games to take hit after hit after clearly being exhausted? He did it with both Brandon and Austin Allen numerous times. He consistently runs his mouth to the media and gets in those jabs but yet blocks members of the Arkansas media on Twitter for criticizing him. He's as thin-skinned as can be and we wonder why our players are so soft. I want a coach that with give players an ear full when they make a mistake. A coach that will make his guys want to run through a wall for him. Not some guy who can't take criticism or has players quit on him. It's year 4 and you have SENIOR players who embarrass their team, university, and state by acting out. Coaches that have control of their locker room don't have these problems in year 4 from veteran players.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 30, 2016, 09:56:47 pm
Please name the other nine coaches, not counting MOTHO.
I think it is 8...
Holtz
Hatfield
Crowe
Kines
Ford
CBP
Smith
CBB
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

MadCity Badger

Ah how I remember reading these Boards after CBB left Madison and we Badgers were all said to be a bunch of whiners and sore losers.  No, we just tried to tell our friends down in Arkansas that CBB was not the guy you were looking for to bring back a strong Razorback team.

His 9.7 win average was stronger the first few years when it was still Barry's players and Barry's system.  When he started his recruits and system things started to slide.  The man does not understand game management and takes timeouts at rather bizarre times leaving his team without them when needed to close out a game.  When he took over Badger Special Teams they were dismal

I wish you the best, we were not whiners but trying to give you a little insight as to why we were pleased to see him go

tusksincolorado

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 30, 2016, 09:56:47 pm
Please name the other nine coaches, not counting MOTHO.

OK this is a test....

Hatfield, Kine, Ford, Crowe, Petrino, Smiley, Herring, Holtz, and maybeeeeee Turner? I didn't want to cheat and look it up....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

LiberalTearsAreDelicious

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on December 30, 2016, 11:28:13 am
The more relevant question is who gives a rats ass?  There is nothing about this thread or the board in general that has anything to do with Obama or anything else political. Yet this shill among others is so obsessed he cant resist poking it in wherever he sees an opening. The best thing about Obama leaving office is all the angry losers that will have to find someone or something else to blame for their being an angry loser.

You poor wittle baby aww
Everybody look at the wittle liberal baby
Aww you need a tissue wittle baby.

Nothing like basking in liberal tears before bed.

Your tears are delicious

tusksincolorado

Quote from: LiberalTearsAreDelicious on December 30, 2016, 10:24:52 pm

You poor wittle baby aww
Everybody look at the wittle liberal baby
Aww you need a tissue wittle baby.

Nothing like basking in liberal tears before bed.

Your tears are delicious

Oh save it....

We may all be crying in a few months...

DLUXHOG

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 30, 2016, 10:17:08 pm
I think it is 8...
Holtz
Hatfield
Crowe
Kines
Ford
CBP
Smith
CBB

It's 10.... one every 3.9 years average.....Holtz, Hatfield, Crowe, Kines, Ford, Nutt, Herring, Petrino, John L, Bret Bielema....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PonderinHog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on December 30, 2016, 10:23:10 pm
OK this is a test....

Hatfield, Kine, Ford, Crowe, Petrino, Smiley, Herring, Holtz, and maybeeeeee Turner? I didn't want to cheat and look it up....
Bielema, you forgot Bielema.  Oh crap, I forgot about Herring!  Are you seriously counting Herring ???     One stinking bowl game ???  lmao

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 30, 2016, 10:29:42 pm
Bielema, you forgot Bielema.  Oh crap, I forgot about Herring!  Are you seriously counting Herring ???     One stinking bowl game ???  lmao
Herring was a test to see if we were ready for John L....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

tusksincolorado

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 30, 2016, 10:29:42 pm

Hey I thought Turner had the team between Frank and Lou....Yeah but have to count Herring....and he is now the LB coach for the Donkeys...

HawgWyld

Quote from: MadCity Badger on December 30, 2016, 10:22:44 pm
Ah how I remember reading these Boards after CBB left Madison and we Badgers were all said to be a bunch of whiners and sore losers.  No, we just tried to tell our friends down in Arkansas that CBB was not the guy you were looking for to bring back a strong Razorback team.

His 9.7 win average was stronger the first few years when it was still Barry's players and Barry's system.  When he started his recruits and system things started to slide.  The man does not understand game management and takes timeouts at rather bizarre times leaving his team without them when needed to close out a game.  When he took over Badger Special Teams they were dismal

I wish you the best, we were not whiners but trying to give you a little insight as to why we were pleased to see him go
Whiners? Bert came across as the second coming of Houston Nutt right off the bat (downhill running game, etc.) Y'all were probably glad to see him go.

Here's what sucks, though -- we're stuck with him for the time being.

ATU HOG

Quote from: hhousewps on December 30, 2016, 10:12:29 pm
If Bielema goes, Long follows swiftly out the door behind him, plain and simple. If MBB doesn't get turned around, that's 4 hires that he's overseen that have turned out to be busts. Get us back to an AD with a sports background. The taglines are cute and they make the University money, but we're in the SEC and wins/losses are what matter. Not hashtags and alternate logos. I'm sick of being sold that while the on the field product is an embarassment, I should be happy Bielema is "doing it the right way," grades are up, arrests are down, etc. There are numerous other successful head coaches that do all of that AND win. It's nothing more than an excuse.

It's pretty obvious to anyone paying attention that Bielema is in over his head. He's a solid game planner, but terrible game manager. You don't consistently have the 2nd half performances we have had if you're a good game manager. In a conference like the SEC where the coaching talent is high, from the HC down to the assistants, you don't get by without making in-game adjustments.

It's not just the W/L column either. There are numerous other issues that make Bielema not sit right with me. Him being out on the field getting "shoved" by a player and then celebrating by doing a jig on the field of play. Ask yourself, what other respected coach in college football could you see pulling those antics? How many times do we have to hear about player safety with this guy, only for him to keep players in unwinnable games to take hit after hit after clearly being exhausted? He did it with both Brandon and Austin Allen numerous times. He consistently runs his mouth to the media and gets in those jabs but yet blocks members of the Arkansas media on Twitter for criticizing him. He's as thin-skinned as can be and we wonder why our players are so soft. I want a coach that with give players an ear full when they make a mistake. A coach that will make his guys want to run through a wall for him. Not some guy who can't take criticism or has players quit on him. It's year 4 and you have SENIOR players who embarrass their team, university, and state by acting out. Coaches that have control of their locker room don't have these problems in year 4 from veteran players.
1000% agree

LiberalTearsAreDelicious

Quote from: tusksincolorado on December 30, 2016, 10:27:42 pm
Oh save it....

We may all be crying in a few months...

The Communist race baiting dictator is about to be gone and you're worried about the next president who actually loves the country?

Serious question.
Are your slow?

PonderinHog

Quote from: LiberalTearsAreDelicious on December 30, 2016, 10:37:07 pm
The Communist race baiting dictator is about to be gone and you're worried about the next president who actually loves the country?

Serious question.
Are your slow?
Is that you, Harry Rex?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: LiberalTearsAreDelicious on December 30, 2016, 10:37:07 pm

Serious question.
Are your slow?

Just saying....are you soooooooooo sure he is in it for his country and not himself?????

But they all are....are they not????

Not slow though....just old....

LiberalTearsAreDelicious

To answer the question yes I want fat man fired.

No I don't think it will happen.

Here's what will chubs will continue to lose lose lose and his final season he will beg his players for some wins.
They will finish his last season under the current contract with 9 wins and Ricky Retardo will go him another 4 years contract extension with a huge salary and another huge buyout.

Welcome to the future of Razorback football.
It suck but hey at least we have integrity.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 30, 2016, 10:41:42 pm
Is that you, Harry Rex?

Wow....I thought there is a political forum for this line of statements???

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

LiberalTearsAreDelicious

Quote from: tusksincolorado on December 30, 2016, 10:44:31 pm
Just saying....are you soooooooooo sure he is in it for his country and not himself?????

But they all are....are they not????

Not slow though....just old....

He's a billionaire that's almost in his 70's.

He is probably the only president we will have in decades that's not in it for himself.

His enemies should tell you he's gonna be a great president.

The media,liberals,the senate,congress,the rich,Hollywood and most our our crappy past presidents hate him and wont even attend his inauguration including King O.

He has all the right enemies.

LiberalTearsAreDelicious

JOKERHOG

I belived you.  Never could stomack the guy
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

LiberalTearsAreDelicious

Quote from: JOKERHOG on December 30, 2016, 11:04:25 pm
I belived you.  Never could stomack the guy

Nobody could he weighs like 400 pounds.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: LiberalTearsAreDelicious on December 30, 2016, 10:53:09 pm
He's a billionaire that's almost in his 70's.

He is probably the only president we will have in decades that's not in it for himself.

His enemies should tell you he's gonna be a great president.

The media,liberals,the senate,congress,the rich,Hollywood and most our our crappy past presidents hate him and wont even attend his inauguration including King O.

He has all the right enemies.

He is in his 70's.

I hope he is successful....

I am just a couple of years from my retirement and hopefully my SS bennies that I have worked for since I was 14.

Indicators are showing inflation is beginning to set in. Interest rates are going up...Gas prices going up with OPEC production going down...

Markets are way to top heavy...and Wall Street big shots are back in charge....

Making backroom deals with US industries is really the best for the economy???

I guess we will have to wait and see, but remember it was freedom of the press that also help make this country great...

AirWarren

He is here two more years. Unless he decides to leave. Might as well get used to it and hope he has a phenomenal season next year. Which I truly hope he does.

tusksincolorado

JOKERHOG

Quote from: tusksincolorado on December 30, 2016, 11:08:28 pm
Now back to Hawg football....

Okay, BB sucks and JL should be fired to givin' him this contract
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

rzrbackramsfan

If he didn't have that huge buyout then yea I'd be down.  Don't want him to get that money without going through hell first.

LiberalTearsAreDelicious

Quote from: tusksincolorado on December 30, 2016, 11:06:47 pm
He is in his 70's.

I hope he is successful....

I am just a couple of years from my retirement and hopefully my SS bennies that I have worked for since I was 14.

Indicators are showing inflation is beginning to set in. Interest rates are going up...Gas prices going up with OPEC production going down...

Markets are way to top heavy...and Wall Street big shots are back in charge....

Making backroom deals with US industries is really the best for the economy???

I guess we will have to wait and see, but remember it was freedom of the press that also help make this country great...

You do realize Trump is not in charge yet right?

So all that stuff you're blaming Trump for is Obama's doing.

Freedom of the Press is great but lies and slandering are not.

The media has been lying and slandering the man for over a year now in cooperation with the DNC we learned this through Wikileaks.

This wouldn't be possible if congress hadn't made propaganda legal in 2013 with an amendment to the NDAA look it up if you don't believe me.

The law making propaganda legal will be repealed under Trump so maybe then you can trust the media again but as it is right now they're spewing nothing but lies and it's perfectly legal.

The only way to get the truth is to read liberal and conservatives news and try to figure out what the truth is without the spin.

LiberalTearsAreDelicious

Quote from: JOKERHOG on December 30, 2016, 11:10:59 pm
Okay, BB sucks and JL should be fired to givin' him this contract

Who would be the one to fire JL anyway?

pigskenG

Not me.  If he can not be quite so honest and learn to lie to recruits to get them on signing day, and get better defensive coaches ( I can remember one good defense (Flowers, Speight, Philon) going back quite a while before Bielema and I don't think it's ALL players, We can be the team to beat. I appreciate what type of players he signs and how he encourages them towards a dregree, and I really like the offense we run (ok, with maybe a twist or two, like having a qb that can run if he needs to) than the high school spread offense you see everywhere. Hate holding up play signs.  An opinion from a long time Razorback fan.  Saban is the best recruiter and defensive x & o coach in the SEC, but I can't think of any other coach that I would want in place of Coach Bielema.

AirWarren

Quote from: pigskenG on December 30, 2016, 11:21:06 pm
Not me.  If he can not be quite so honest and learn to lie to recruits to get them on signing day, and get better defensive coaches ( I can remember one good defense (Flowers, Speight, Philon) going back quite a while before Bielema and I don't think it's ALL players, We can be the team to beat. I appreciate what type of players he signs and how he encourages them towards a dregree, and I really like the offense we run (ok, with maybe a twist or two, like having a qb that can run if he needs to) than the high school spread offense you see everywhere. Hate holding up play signs.  An opinion from a long time Razorback fan.  Saban is the best recruiter and defensive x & o coach in the SEC, but I can't think of any other coach that I would want in place of Coach Bielema.

Good post. I like bielema. And I want him to succeed. I think he is a good coach in a sucky area to get players. I like that he graduates his kids. I like for the most part that our kids are free of law problems.

But this is Arkansas. Lack of Education and free from a rap sheet is "weird". There is a reason why we are ranked 48/49th out of 50 in nearly all areas of life. Just read hogville. That will give you that information. Education and character is seen as a "holdup".

LiberalTearsAreDelicious

Quote from: pigskenG on December 30, 2016, 11:21:06 pm

So you enjoy losing and love all that integrity huh.
There is no integrity in being proud of losing.

No matter how many assistants CBB goes through he will always be a 7 win coach.

Get a clue.

HogimusMaximus

LiberalTearsAreDelicious

December 30, 2016, 11:33:30 pm #183 Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:07:03 am by LiberalTearsAreDelicious

hogginbama

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2016, 08:30:31 am
Well we would be starting from a better position so it wouldn't be a complete rebuild.  BB fixed some things.  We have some depth at some positions like QB and RB for the next couple of seasons.  Have began recruiting oline as we should have from the start.  Have a player like Agim 2 more seasons.  Academics are certainly in order.

According to most on here the only thing BB has improved is his pay check. Tney say this is the worst that the program has ever been in, lack od discipline, etc.

Sad to say, but with fans turning in players who have given their utmost to them over 4 yrs and refuse to give an ounce of credit to improvements, the program will be hard pressed to be where many want them to be. For some reason folks think that taling a program to a championship competitive level can be done over night. Thank god these clowns arent in charge of nothing more than their meth-labs or we would all be in trouble.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

HiggiePiggy

I don't care if anyone is fired anymore. I think it's time to be happy about being able to root for the RAZOR.......
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hogginbama

Quote from: LiberalTearsAreDelicious on December 30, 2016, 10:45:45 pm
To answer the question yes I want fat man fired.

No I don't think it will happen.

Here's what will chubs will continue to lose lose lose and his final season he will beg his players for some wins.
They will finish his last season under the current contract with 9 wins and Ricky Retardo will go him another 4 years contract extension with a huge salary and another huge buyout.

Welcome to the future of Razorback football.
It suck but hey at least we have integrity.

You actually gave is a glimpse into the past of Razorback football.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Inhogswetrust

If Bielema goes, Long follows swiftly out the door behind him, plain and simple. If MBB doesn't get turned around, that's 4 hires that he's overseen that have turned out to be busts. Get us back to an AD with a sports background.

You haven't done your research. I'm not happy how some of his hires have turned out either but Long DOES have a sports background.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NuttinItUp

Quote from: LiberalTearsAreDelicious on December 30, 2016, 11:17:52 pm

The media has been lying and slandering the man for over a year now in cooperation with the DNC we learned this through Wikileaks.

This wouldn't be possible if congress hadn't made propaganda legal in 2013 with an amendment to the NDAA look it up if you don't believe me.

The law making propaganda legal will be repealed under Trump so maybe then you can trust the media again but as it is right now they're spewing nothing but lies and it's perfectly legal.

The only way to get the truth is to read liberal and conservatives news and try to figure out what the truth is without the spin.

You realize there is a Politics forum, right?

Torqued pork

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on December 30, 2016, 11:16:28 pm
If he didn't have that huge buyout then yea I'd be down.  Don't want him to get that money without going through hell first.
hardcore

rzrbackramsfan

Don't you agree though? Does it not make you sick to think about some one getting $15 mill for the work they've done so far.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 31, 2016, 12:10:23 am
You realize there is a Politics forum, right?

No he doesn't....but then again he is a little angry....

tusksincolorado

Quote from: LiberalTearsAreDelicious on December 30, 2016, 11:17:52 pm

If you say so....and he still is over 70....

Back to Hawg football....

Hollywood870

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2016, 08:11:22 am
Kelly would be a fool to take our job.  He could get a better and less risky job.

Same for Fleck.
We need a man with balls to step up and take the job. Someone that knows they can get it done anywhere. Someone like the Academic Advisor, Jeff Long, threw under the bus. Long On Integrity Tee-Shirts were on sale a week later. I'll never forgive that.

Hollywood870

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 30, 2016, 09:06:49 pm
Perfectly supportive of him at least 2 more years. With progress shown the next 2 years, 4 more years.
Oh now it's time for progress. You get four years then it's time to show "progress". 8-5 next year with possibly the 9-4 pinnacle after that? Better quit scheduling Rutgers, TCU, and Texas Tech in OOC and take the Mike Anderson approach. Watch out for Toledo's and Louisiana Tech's too because they are out there. Gotta keep our eyes open.

Hollywood870

Truth hurts. We tried to tell Ole Miss the same thing regarding Nutt.

Hollywood870

Quote from: hogginbama on December 30, 2016, 11:51:29 pm
According to most on here the only thing BB has improved is his pay check. Tney say this is the worst that the program has ever been in, lack od discipline, etc.

Sad to say, but with fans turning in players who have given their utmost to them over 4 yrs and refuse to give an ounce of credit to improvements, the program will be hard pressed to be where many want them to be. For some reason folks think that taling a program to a championship competitive level can be done over night. Thank god these clowns arent in charge of nothing more than their meth-labs or we would all be in trouble.
Aren't in charge of *anything* more than their meth labs......*anything*

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Yes indeed. 
Let's make some waves.

Trystran

$ issues keep CBB here. Do I think he should go? Yes. I think he has lost the pulse of this team. No mental toughness. No fire. No heart. No pride. I just think he will be too expensive to launch out the door.

Here is my take on which assistants need to go and why:

Offense:
Enos gets a pass. To an extent, but I think that a co-offensive coordinator needs to come in and assist with short yardage scenarios. While we didn't put anything on the board against VT in the 2nd half, Morgan's drop negated a touchdown, AA's turnovers, offensive line getting blown up, and penalties causing us to start further back constantly would rip apart most strategies apart. Enos did enough to win the game, but should have taken the ball out of AA's hands after he started getting happy feet and just tried to run it again and again until AA calmed down.

Kurt Anderson is iffy. Had a lot to do with Gibson's emergence, which shows he can develop players, but had to lobby for a couple of weeks to convince Enos/CBB to play him (quotes from CBB in an article stated this fact). It shows a lack of trust is there still from the powers that be. Think he BARELY passes, but his recruiting HAS to get better. For this system to work, a great Oline is a must, which requires better talent and less also-rans/gambles. He will get another year because he just got here anyways.

Michael Smith gets a pass. One of our best recruiters and was one of the only coaches to show any fire on the sideline chewing on Morgan after the fumble.

BLJ gets a pass. Keep doing your thing.

Reggie Mitchell gets a pass. Hard to throw blame his way when Oline was crap and RBs were still productive without putting the ball on the ground much.

Defense:
Robb Smith gets axe. Prevent defense doesn't prevent anything. Scheme does not compliment the personnel. Not a great recruiter. Got bailed out by NFL talent early on. Defense only decent when lengthy breaks are available, if that. Need someone with more fire, more blitzing, and a strategy players and recruits can get excited about.

Paul Rhoades gets a pass. Hard to throw blame his way when Pulley/Collins became some of our better assets on defense. Typically when we got burned on runs, it was up the middle, or to the outside AFTER being gashed up the middle time and again.

Rory Segrest gets the axe. Defensive line looked like hell this year and special teams were anything but special. Fire and hire Partridge back as Associate HC/Dline/Special teams.

Vernon Hargreaves gets the axe. Need a better recruiter. Our linebackers were not spectacular in any sense or those runs up the middle would have came to a halt at a lot shorter intervals. Speeeeeeed.

Considering Partridge is used to DL special teams, use the additional 10th hire to bring in another stud recruiter on the defensive side. Depends on the coordinator hire as to what position. A DC and a legit safeties coach is an attractive option in my opinion.

And finally...

Ben Herbert needs the axe. I'll say it. He is beefing these kids up in a way that is taking away what speed they have it seems. Maybe it is on CBB in terms of telling him what weight he wants people at, but this big and slow crap needs to be substituted for slightly less big with speed... everywhere. I like Herb, and I figure the weight preferences are on CBB. However, I don't know enough about that decision making process to know who is at fault. This needs to change though somehow.

Jeff Long needs the axe. Just because you raise money doesn't mean you're doing your job. Athletic Director... it's right in the title. Athletics should be your concern... as in the product on the field or the court. Content should not be in your vocabulary. Contending should. If we aren't currently or steadily moving towards contending, you shouldn't be content. Fans sure as hell aren't. Light a fire under your coaches or the $ is going to start disappearing rapidly. W's matter.

Just my take on things. It might not be right, but I don't feel like I am too far off center.

LZH