Pages:
Actions
  • #51 by jbcarol on 15 Jul 2017
  • On the march to Zion:

Wonderful counselor
  • #52 by jbcarol on 16 Jul 2017

I wouldnt eliminate them, because (UK coach John Calipari) already told me that he can play with two or three guards out there on the court. He has a good track record. You can see he puts two or three guards out there and they produce and get to the next level quickly. So its definitely an option to play with another point guard who can facilitate and get me the ball.

In 2015-16, Kentucky played three former 5-star high school point guards

Grimes knows all this because I talk to Coach Cal maybe every four days. He called me before he came here to Spartanburg and he called me after I had a good game here. He was just amazed that I put up that many points.

That would be 41 points, to be exact, in a game where he hit 7 of 12 3-pointers on Friday with Kentucky assistant Joel Justus courtside. 6-foot-5 Grimes is ranked by both Scout.com and 247Sports as a point guard
  • #53 by jbcarol on 16 Jul 2017
  • #54 by jbcarol on 17 Jul 2017
  • #55 by jbcarol on 17 Jul 2017

• http://247sports.com/Player/Darius-Garland-82842
  • #56 by jbcarol on 17 Jul 2017
  • #57 by jbcarol on 17 Jul 2017
  • #58 by jbcarol on 20 Jul 2017
  • #59 by jbcarol on 22 Jul 2017

It was a wild week on the recruiting trail with the nations top basketball players competing at Nikes Peach Jam and the Adidas Gauntlet Finale.

We saw Zion Williamson in person for the first time last weekend. He isnt the No. 1 prospect in the 2018 class thats a spot taken by power forward Marvin Bagley but Williamson is the most electric.

Jerry Meyer: I get excited watching him, and that is very rare for me. So much of scouting is just mundane work; I go to the gym and really dont get a lot of joy out of it, to be honest, because I do it so much. So its a huge deal when a guy makes my heart beat a little bit or he gets my adrenaline going or he makes me feel like a fan. Zion does that.

Package deal?

That term got tossed around quite a bit at Peach Jam and the Adidas Gauntlet Finale, but Williamson and point guard Immanuel Quickley made it seem like a very real...
  • #60 by jbcarol on 26 Jul 2017
Pages:
Actions