Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I owe....

Started by Badge62, November 08, 2015, 01:26:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Badge62

November 08, 2015, 01:26:20 pm Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:09:04 am by Badge62
an apology to Dan Enos. I was open-minded early in the year about him, but late in the Auburn game I had decided his favoriting the pass over the run in the second quarter of the game was gonna cost us that game. I had decided we would have been up 21 at the half if we would have run the ball down their throat. I told a friend I was off the Enos bandwagon and wished we had Chaney instead. I'm not sure I've ever seen an offense execute like we did yesterday. He called a masterful game. As a former coach, what impressed me most was the fact that we out-executed Ole Miss' defense, which is very talented. I would say their defense has more raw talent than our offense, so kudos to working together and executing plays. That's coaching.

I also owe an apology to our receivers. I have considered our receivers to be a below average group for going on three years now. Not yesterday. They caught every ball they got their hands on. Reed could play at the next level and getting Cornelius back is big. BA seems to have trust in those two along with Morgan now. Losing Hatcher may be a littl bit of a blessing in disguise in that it forces BA to choose other options. Add our TE's to those three guys and it may be an above average group, at least in the SEC.

Finally BA. I watched him since he was in Jr. High. Great kid, solid QB. I've never been a BA basher, but I just considered him solid and maybe the 3rd or 4th best QB in the SEC. An argument could be made that at least yesterday, BA might have been not only the best QB that played anywhere in the country, but maybe had the best game of any player in college football yesterday.

Now, let's do it again next week ;)