Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keniko Logan charged with capital murder

Started by hogstorm, May 13, 2006, 10:25:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogstorm

apparently he was a star at northside? possibly kicked off the team and losing his offer from arkansas?  thats about all i can find on him...anyone remember him?  he killed his ex-girlfriend and shot her mother this afternoon in fort smith...he will possibly face the death penalty

ColinRagan

I remember hearing his name when he was in HS, but never heard anything about where he went after that

ejay286

lots of ppl say he could have been as good as basil shabazz had he stayed in high school

DOGALUM

Quote from: ejay286 on May 13, 2006, 10:40:37 pm
lots of ppl say he could have been as good as basil shabazz had he stayed in high school
Lots of people would be dead wrong.  Logan was an average at best high school tailback.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

HogBaptist

I am from Fort Smith. I went to high school at Southside.  This dude was very very good.  But, man, was he ever dumb.  He could have really been something if he had half the smarts of Shaq.  I am not at all suprised that this has happened.  One of those kids that got away.  It's a shame.

Jaison Black

This isn't shocking. Niko was called the best back to come out of this state since Billy Joe Releford. He had 1900 yards as a junior and broke our backs at Southside with one of the most impossible catches for a TD i have ever seen. One handed in the rain, was falling down then got knocked back upright by one of our safeties and sauntered into the endzone.

His senior year he got kicked off the team before the NSide-Sside game and lost all his offers when he got arrested later that year. He had offers from everywhere. His pick of colleges. One of the biggest wastes of talents EVER.

I knew him pretty well growing up and he was so strong and so quick, i knew guys that would pay him ten bucks to beat the hell out of people for them. He was always kinda crazy like that.
I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

Jaison Black

Quote from: DOGALUM on May 13, 2006, 10:43:43 pm
Lots of people would be dead wrong.  Logan was an average at best high school tailback.

You know, normally i respect your opinions but you are very wrong in this case. I saw this kid have several 300 yd. games. against defenses that were geared to stop only him.

I know for a fact that coaches were watering down fields and would still see him go for over 150 on them.
I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

bythelake

That is a shame that such a talent has been wasted in such a manner.  Very sad. 

berryhog

Quote from: bythelake on May 13, 2006, 11:06:31 pm
That is a shame that such a talent has been wasted in such a manner.  Very sad. 

Actually, what is a shame is that some loser decided that he should take the lives of others.

oldbooniehog

KFSM Channel 5 ran a more detailed story tonight.

He shot and killed his 18-year-old girlfriend...shot her in the ear canal after shooting her in the body and knocking her down. He walked up to her as she lay on the floor, put the gun to her ear, and blew her brains out at contact range.

He shot her 41-year-old mother in the front yard before going in the house to shoot her.

He shot his 18-year-old girlfriend in front of about 4 young children, too.

He shot two women in front of four kids, and then just walked down to the police station and turned himself in.

He flipped off the Channel 5 cameras as he was walked out of the station in cuffs and taken to the county jail.

He's around 28 years old himself.

What a complete, total, pathetic, evil, destructive loser.

He's getting the needle for this one. And deservedly so.

oldbooniehog

PigDaddyCool

No need to let him sit on death row for 20 years..send him to the front of the line.

ejay286

wow, thats the only thing that comes to mind after reading that.

cubsfan5150

He was definately the best talent to come out of Ft. Smith since I've been around (25yrs old).  My best friends sister dated his cousin (Keno) and he said that Keniko was dumb as a rock and all mixed up in the gang stuff.  He also quit school after he got kicked off the team if I remember right.  Pure waste of talent.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

pimphog

I remember watching him play when I was in 9nth grade and he was a junior in high school. The guy was unbelievable in hight school.  He had offers from all over the place at that time.  He was truly amazing.  He does deserve the death penalty however. 

mikeirwin

Quote from: Razr on May 13, 2006, 10:56:02 pm

You know, normally i respect your opinions but you are very wrong in this case. I saw this kid have several 300 yd. games. against defenses that were geared to stop only him.

I know for a fact that coaches were watering down fields and would still see him go for over 150 on them.
I saw him play many times in high school. He was a lot better than an "average" talent but he was not in Shabazz's league.

Jaison Black

Quote from: ScottFaldon on May 14, 2006, 01:29:20 am
Quote from: mikeirwin on May 14, 2006, 01:24:39 am

I saw him play many times in high school. He was a lot better than an "average" talent but he was not in Shabazz's league.

Shabazz might have had the most potential of player to ever come out of Arkansas (Mustain and Williams included).

Logan was very good. Not quite Shabazz-like, but if recruiting gurus had existed back then they'd have been all over Keniko.

If only Shabazz had turned down the baseball money...

I hate to see the talent that Logan wasted but i hope he gets wht he deserves.

_Collin1

Quote from: oldbooniehog on May 13, 2006, 11:32:54 pm
KFSM Channel 5 ran a more detailed story tonight.

He shot and killed his 18-year-old girlfriend...shot her in the ear canal after shooting her in the body and knocking her down. He walked up to her as she lay on the floor, put the gun to her ear, and blew her brains out at contact range.

He shot her 41-year-old mother in the front yard before going in the house to shoot her.

He shot his 18-year-old girlfriend in front of about 4 young children, too.

He shot two women in front of four kids, and then just walked down to the police station and turned himself in.

He flipped off the Channel 5 cameras as he was walked out of the station in cuffs and taken to the county jail.

He's around 28 years old himself.

What a complete, total, pathetic, evil, destructive loser.

He's getting the needle for this one. And deservedly so.

oldbooniehog

Holy F*ck Me Running......

For some more insight on Keniko guys...........  I am a Bentonville 95 graduate who played middle linebacker every year in high school.  Keniko and I were the same age.  Keniko was unbelievable.  He was one of those rare running backs that looks like they are running on air and never hitting the ground.  I dont want to get torched for this, but I have always considered him the best RB I have ever seen in a high school game.

Not cause him and Fred Perry dominated at Northside in those days, but because I saw lots of game film on him and I have seen him upclose and personal on the field.  He was REALLY good, but he always had an attitude problem.

Last I heard of him was he blew his chance to have a shot with the Hogs before he ever got to the University.  He got a scholarship down at Grambling and was a star runnng back down there for a year before he ran into more trouble.  Remember thats just what I can recollect... its been 11 years.

Wow.  I am shocked but not suprised.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

pbjones81

WichitaStateRazorback

BossHog13

Hogstocking

Nothing sadder in life than wasted potential.  Exhibit A - Keniko Logan.

twistitup

If he beat people up for $10, had a serious attitude/anger problem, and violently killed 2 people- It sounds like he had serious internal/mental issues that never got addressed by those around him.

Football is not everything- someone should of gotten this kid real HELP early on.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

BillyRaySmithSack

He better change that attitude at Tucker prison or he will be called "Coleco" cause he will be somebodys toy. Anyone have stats of Shabazz against the stats of Logan? I think they are real similar if not better for Logan. BTW Damien Williams is better than both these two underachievers anyway as far as the best player who ever stepped on the field in Arkansas.

pioneerhog

Bring back hanging for this POS. Don't even wait, when he is found guilty he should hang quickly. This POS does not deserve to sit on death row for 10-15 years.

All you guys are talking about how sad it is about the wasted talent. Well folks what is sad to me is that 2 people lost their lives because of this guy. We should be thinking about the family of those that where killed instead of this POS, he doesn't deserve even our slightest thoughts.

hogfancb

BillyRaySmithSack

Please define who is in Shabazzs league if Logan is not. Shabazz was a good HS running back but lets not make him the measuring stick to compare others by.

BillyRaySmithSack

In my opinion these runningbacks are on par with Shabazz's HS career if not better.

Madre Hill, Cedric Cobbs, Cedric Houston, Darren McFadden, Jerry Eckwood, among others

BillyRaySmithSack

All of Shabazz's hype was because he was an awesome athlete who was good at everything. Baseball, Track and Field, Football, not sure if he played Basketball but he could probably play that too.

10thPlanet

May 14, 2006, 11:27:21 am #29 Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 01:30:41 pm by dkwvike
He will get the death penalty like he deserves. Left went back a week later.(pre-meditated) Walked straight to the Police station.(knew what he did was wrong) I'm more p'od about him doing it in front of the children .

PigDaddyCool

Quote from: BillyRaySmithSack on May 14, 2006, 09:19:49 am
He better change that attitude at Tucker prison or he will be called "Coleco" cause he will be somebodys toy. Anyone have stats of Shabazz against the stats of Logan? I think they are real similar if not better for Logan. BTW Damien Williams is better than both these two underachievers anyway as far as the best player who ever stepped on the field in Arkansas.

He wont go to Tucker...Death Row is now at Varner Super Max

10thPlanet

Basil's 100m(10.7)tied, 200m, 20.8 and high jump(6'9") State records still stand today, 16 yrs later.
http://www.ahsaa.org/Record%20Book%20-%20Track%20Boys.pdf

codeHog

I wonder what kind of 18 year old girl thinks life will be sweet with a 28 year old criminal boyfriend. Wonderful mother and such a great mother's day for those little kids. :(

DOGALUM

Fair enough.....and I'll admit that he was talented physically.   

I said what I said for a couple of reasons.   One is the same reason you'll never hear me talking up Ray Lewis of O.J. Simpson.......one thing these murdering pricks will never see or hear is a compliment from me.  Any positives on the field are lost to me with the killing of innocent people.     The second is that several years back, Logan and I crossed paths far from any football field.   We've had a mutual hatred since then.

Sorry for saying something stupid because of my personal feelings.  You're right....he gained plenty of yards.

On a side note.........anybody feeling bad about him being a waste of talent needs to stop and think about the people he killed before they feel too bad for his dumb ass.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

ejay286

May 14, 2006, 07:05:19 pm #34 Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 07:07:46 pm by ejay286

May be off topic but Damian Willians isnt even the best player of the past two years, I dont think anyone would argue with me that Mcfadden is. 

Imagine this, put Mcfadden on Springdale and Damian on Oak Grove.  Who would have the better career? Mcfaddens stats would have been ridiculous.  Mcfadden was on a worse team than basil, keniko, or damian were on and he did everything by himself.

RebelHawg

Sad...he could have been a really great.

BillyRaySmithSack

I love McFadden too, but unless you have seen Williams in person you cannot appreciate his talent. Pulaski Oak Grove does not play the likes of Jenks, Shreveport Evangel, West Memphis. Williams the best high school player I have ever seen in this state. I do not put much stock in what the recruiting experts say ever since I chugged the Brashears Kool-Aid. To be fair I did not see McFadden in HS play in person.
Quote from: ejay286 on May 14, 2006, 07:05:19 pm

May be off topic but Damian Willians isnt even the best player of the past two years, I dont think anyone would argue with me that Mcfadden is. 

Imagine this, put Mcfadden on Springdale and Damian on Oak Grove.  Who would have the better career? Mcfaddens stats would have been ridiculous.  Mcfadden was on a worse team than basil, keniko, or damian were on and he did everything by himself.

4thdownnutt

help me out guys --  I can't remember the linebacker ( I think) from Ft. Smith ( I think) od'ed on drugs maybe in the early 90"s. Their was at one time a big stink of a lawsuit but I can't remember the results.  I have auther-ritus of the brain; what was his name?

fordyce boy

May 14, 2006, 09:02:55 pm #38 Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 09:04:48 pm by fordyce boy
Shannon Wright, was the kid's name. Real sad thing. He was one heck of a linebacker.

oldbooniehog

I was at the U of A when Shannon Wright was there.

I actually rode in a jeep driven by Shannon Wright to a party once. He got all four wheels off the ground heading out east of Fayetteville, towards Goshen when he roared up over a small hill.

I even played an intramural basketball game against a team he was on. He had real attitude on the court, mouthy, liked to foul really hard.

A couple of years later,  I was a grad assistant teaching Composition 1203 in Old Main when somebody in the  class asked if everyone had heard the news that day......Shannon Wright had shot himself in the head with a pistol in his vehicle out on the street in front of somebody's house.

He was a nice enough guy in person.  In competition, even intramural basketball, he went all out, and was very aggressive, to the point of being completely over-aggressive.

But who knows what kinds of inner demons he was fighting.

Sad.

Logan is even more sad, as he chose to kill others instead of himself.

oldbooniehog

4thdownnutt

forget it --  I got it   Shannon Wright

clemensrules01

Quote from: ScottFaldon on May 14, 2006, 01:29:20 am

Shabazz might have had the most potential of player to ever come out of Arkansas (Mustain and Williams included).

Logan was very good. Not quite Shabazz-like, but if recruiting gurus had existed back then they'd have been all over Keniko.
mustain and williams included? so i guess mcfadden isnt included then.

clemensrules01

Quote from: BillyRaySmithSack on May 14, 2006, 08:36:01 pm
I love McFadden too, but unless you have seen Williams in person you cannot appreciate his talent. Pulaski Oak Grove does not play the likes of Jenks, Shreveport Evangel, West Memphis. Williams the best high school player I have ever seen in this state. I do not put much stock in what the recruiting experts say ever since I chugged the Brashears Kool-Aid. To be fair I did not see McFadden in HS play in person.

ive seen them both in person. mcfadden is faster and bigger. williams may have slightly better moves but mcfadden runs people the frick over. mcfadden and cobbs are the best two high school players i have ever seen.

BigHog396

Quote from: oldbooniehog on May 14, 2006, 09:28:03 pm
I was at the U of A when Shannon Wright was there.

I actually rode in a jeep driven by Shannon Wright to a party once. He got all four wheels off the ground heading out east of Fayetteville, towards Goshen when he roared up over a small hill.

I even played an intramural basketball game against a team he was on. He had real attitude on the court, mouthy, liked to foul really hard.

A couple of years later,  I was a grad assistant teaching Composition 1203 in Old Main when somebody in the  class asked if everyone had heard the news that day......Shannon Wright had shot himself in the head with a pistol in his vehicle out on the street in front of somebody's house.

He was a nice enough guy in person.  In competition, even intramural basketball, he went all out, and was very aggressive, to the point of being completely over-aggressive.

But who knows what kinds of inner demons he was fighting.

Sad.

Logan is even more sad, as he chose to kill others instead of himself.

oldbooniehog
Wright was a really tragic story.  I believe he would have been an early round draft pick.  The guy was an absolute defensive beast.  He did have some major personal demons, but all the pain pills the coaching staff was letting him get his hands on made it even worse.  If I remember right, he was having problems with his girlfriend at the time, and actually killed himself in front of her house.

Michael Porkleone

I remember when I was in the eigth grade a bunch of us went to Greenwood's scrimmage with Northside hoping to see Keniko......I know the "recruiting gurus" weren't around but KL received a ton of press at the time. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

ejay286

Quote from: BillyRaySmithSack on May 14, 2006, 08:36:01 pm

And Wiliams has yet to put up stellar numbers against the likes of Georgia, Alabama, USC (both of them cuz 88 yards aint bad) and others.  Mcfadden barely missed a beat from high school to college.

Hawg414

Quote from: BillyRaySmithSack on May 14, 2006, 09:43:59 am

Please define who is in Shabazzs league if Logan is not. Shabazz was a good HS running back but lets not make him the measuring stick to compare others by.

no one... bc he IS the measuring stick by which you can compare all others.

Hawg414

Quote from: BillyRaySmithSack on May 14, 2006, 11:14:36 am
In my opinion these runningbacks are on par with Shabazz's HS career if not better.

Madre Hill, Cedric Cobbs, Cedric Houston, Darren McFadden, Jerry Eckwood, among others

you are obviously not familiar with shabazz in any way other than having heard his name in the past.

Michael Porkleone

Here's an interesting read on Shabazz's relationship with Tori Hunter...kind of a "where are they now?"

I'm not sure what year this is from. 

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:vd5y28tHEjAJ:espn.go.com/mlb/columns/schwarz_alan/1396641.html+shabazz+pine+bluff&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=5

I wonder if he knows how much of a legend he is in Arkansas High School football. 
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

maniax22bolts20