Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USC coaches laughing at HDN.

Started by Ugly Uncle, May 08, 2006, 05:53:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

DTS just reported that HDN said that during the USC game that one of the coaches was laughing at him.  He said it embarrassed him and angered him.  He did not give the name of which coach from USC was doing that.

LISTEN EVERYONE:  I AM MORE READY THAN ANYONE ON THIS BOARD TO SEE NUTT FIRED AND REMOVED FROM ANY CONNECTION WITH THIS PROGRAM.  THIS IS NOT A BASH NUTT THREAD.  HE IS OUR COACH FOR ONE MORE YEAR AT LEAST...

However, since he is still our coach and officially a razorback...that just ticked me off.  All of you that talk about USC having class and being a program that we are espiring to be...well...they are not.  I know what Shiebest did.  I loved him as a receiver at Arkansas...but the stunt he pulled...he should have been fired on the spot.  That is not what we want. 

For a coach from another team to openly laugh at any of our coaches is inexcusable...NO CLASS.  Fans, I understand doing something like that.  I hope and pray that HDN uses this as bulletin board material for game 1.
Retired Radio Host

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 08, 2006, 05:53:25 pm
I hope and pray that HDN uses this as bulletin board material for game 1.

Me too, but in the coaches meeting.  How not to coach so you get laughed at by opposing coaches.  And hopefully he lets Gus run the meeting.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

chiefsfan

Agreed, I would be laughing too.  I dont think he was laughing at Nutt, but when you are winning a game 70-17, then laughing can be expected.   I found the game funny myself, Sure, in a way it wasnt funny.  But what are you to do...   I just spent the game making bets as to how many plays it would take USC to score each series
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

TulsaHogFan

Actually i could care less that they were laughing at HDN.  To be honest, what he put on the field was laughable.  We were embarassing.

I am more pissed about the USC fans destroying our flag than anything.

If i had my way, i would personally burn their flag at midfield for that.

But i am a better person that that...............i hope.

mikeirwin

I'd like to know a little more about this. Who was the coach ? What was he laughing about ? The lopsided score ? The ease of a Reggie Bush TD ? Some play that Arkansas ran ?
What he just laughing or did he say something ?
How did this occur ? Did Nutt look across the field and see a coach laughing and assume the coach was laughing at him ?
Opposing coaches usually aren't in close proximity to one another during a game. The whole thing sounds odd.

pignatious

I'm surprised the whole USC team and coaches were not on the ground rolling in hysterics at the amount of fun they were having while scoring at will and completely dominating a SEC team with a history of being at least competitive.
Freedom is never free.

HognotinMemphis

May 08, 2006, 06:40:46 pm #6 Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 06:42:53 pm by HoginMemphis
Quote from: mikeirwin on May 08, 2006, 06:33:25 pm
I'd like to know a little more about this. Who was the coach ? What was he laughing about ? The lopsided score ? The ease of a Reggie Bush TD ? Some play that Arkansas ran ?
How did this occur ? Did Nutt look across the field and see a coach laughing and assume the coach was laughing at him ?
Opposing coaches usually aren't in close proximity to one another during a game. The whole thing sounds odd.
Some of what you say is what I wondered when I heard this. What was the coach laughing at or about exactly? How did Nutt know HE was being laughed AT. The whole thing sounds beyond odd. But, look who said it. There's your explanation. Nutt is looking for any sympathy and support he can get. He just got off a 2 yr get-out-of-jail free pass and now he has to actually perform and do well. I can't wait for this season. I'm as jacked up about the likelihood of this being his last year as I've ever been.

On the other hand, maybe when he and Pete were shaking hands at midfield after the game, one of the USC assistant coaches was nearby and said, with a big laugh afterwards, "Man, you boys need some men! Hahahahahaha!"
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hollywood_HOGan

I really can't blame them for laughing at him.
They probably weren't laughing at him though. Nutt does seem like he would  be a little sensitive.

Half our coaching staff is laughable.
Shibest is an idiot.

The Pulse

May 08, 2006, 06:44:16 pm #8 Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 06:47:36 pm by pulsation of being
Im sure if you you ask what the USC players were saying on the feild druing the games it would be far from "classy" They were even talking some arrogant smack like that at the Texas players during warm ups last year i heard. Im glad they got thier smug A$es handed to them and i'm gonna be laughing at them when we beat the living crap out of em. They hung 70 on us on purpose--and while i don't care to stoop to thier level it will be plenty satifying to embarrass them just by winning!

rzrbkfn2000

Maybe.....nutt is so embarressed by his playcalling, he seems to think everyone is laughing at him. 

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on May 08, 2006, 06:43:07 pm
They probably weren't laughing at him though. Nutt does seem like he would  be a little sensitive.

Shibest is an idiot.
Watch out. The Murray State mafia will get you for saying that.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

WhenPigsFly

So..............DURING THE GAME, Nutt noticed that one of the USC coaches, ON THE OTHER SIDELINE, was laughing directly AT HIM???

Unless this story is horribly being mistold, it's sounds just like more Nutt-crap.

Ugly Uncle

Well, from the conversation this is what they said.  Randy and a caller were talking about both of them being at some event that HDN was speaking at.  HDN was asked some question concerning USC.  HDN made the comment, one of the USC coaches was laughing at him as they went off at half time.  That he was embarrassed and humiliated. 

They were discussing who it might have been...and neither the caller, Randy, nor Rick knew who that coach might have been.  The caller said, "To Nutt's credit he would not reveal which coach it was."

Mike, I thought the same thing...why or how were they close enough to know that the coach was directing his laugh at HDN?  Did he point at HDN and give some indication that it was directed at him?

I'm just telling you what the conversation was on DTS.  They were trying to figure out which coach it was.
Retired Radio Host

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 08, 2006, 06:45:14 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on May 08, 2006, 06:43:07 pm

Shibest is an idiot.
Watch out. The Murray State mafia will get you for saying that.

I really hope our guys can get this thing turned around but if Shibest and Markuson have anything to do with the offense, we're in trouble.

Let Gus and Alex run the show and we might be okay.

Really wish we could get rid of the Murry State mafia and Shibest.

bigred7987

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 08, 2006, 06:48:00 pm

Well, from the conversation this is what they said.  Randy and a caller were talking about both of them being at some event that HDN was speaking at.  HDN was asked some question concerning USC.  HDN made the comment, one of the USC coaches was laughing at him as they went off at half time.  That he was embarrassed and humiliated. 

They were discussing who it might have been...and neither the caller, Randy, nor Rick knew who that coach might have been.  The caller said, "To Nutt's credit he would not reveal which coach it was."

Mike, I thought the same thing...why or how were they close enough to know that the coach was directing his laugh at HDN?  Did he point at HDN and give some indication that it was directed at him?

I'm just telling you what the conversation was on DTS.  They were trying to figure out which coach it was.

I bet it was Carroll. He probably yelled at Nutt until he got his attention. Then he pointed at Nutt, and said something like,

"your team is pitiful. Are you trying? Hahaha. We could beat you with our 2nd teamers. Why did you come out here to be embarrassed like this? Where is your OC? Hahahahaha. Nice playcalling..did you call all those, brotha?  Next year we'll beat you even worse than this. What are you doing in Div 1A? Hahahaha. When are you going back to Div 1-AA? Get ready for more of the same in the 2nd half Nutter. We're going to laugh some more and further demoralize you. Good luck, sucka."

I imagine it went something like that and Nutt was very sad and injured by Carroll's words.

Hawgon

I have actually heard that SEC coaches find him pretty funny as well.

I also remember in the Cotton Bowl against OU that Bob Stoops was pretty much making fun of him the whole week before the game in the media.  I also heard that the OU staff got quite a kick out of the cluster that is the Arkansas sidelines.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 08, 2006, 05:53:25 pm
DTS just reported that HDN said that during the USC game that one of the coaches was laughing at him.  He said it embarrassed him and angered him.  He did not give the name of which coach from USC was doing that.

LISTEN EVERYONE:  I AM MORE READY THAN ANYONE ON THIS BOARD TO SEE NUTT FIRED AND REMOVED FROM ANY CONNECTION WITH THIS PROGRAM.  THIS IS NOT A BASH NUTT THREAD.  HE IS OUR COACH FOR ONE MORE YEAR AT LEAST...

However, since he is still our coach and officially a razorback...that just ticked me off.  All of you that talk about USC having class and being a program that we are espiring to be...well...they are not.  I know what Shiebest did.  I loved him as a receiver at Arkansas...but the stunt he pulled...he should have been fired on the spot.  That is not what we want. 

For a coach from another team to openly laugh at any of our coaches is inexcusable...NO CLASS.  Fans, I understand doing something like that.  I hope and pray that HDN uses this as bulletin board material for game 1.

Too bad Numb Nutts doesn't have the ability or smarts to get even with USC.

Numb Nutts is a laughing stock, literally. If I was USC, I'd be laughing, too. Numb Nutts is a joke and an embarassment to the entire State of Arkansas. Sad.

There is a solution: fire Numb Nutts' worthless @$$ immediately. We aren't going anywhere with Numb Nutts at the helm. Look for USC to roll again at RRS in a laugher.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 08, 2006, 06:55:30 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 08, 2006, 06:48:00 pm

I bet it was Carroll. He probably yelled at Nutt until he got his attention. Then he pointed at Nutt, and said something like,

"your team is pitiful. Are you trying? Hahaha. We could beat you with our 2nd teamers. Why did you come out here to be embarrassed like this? Where is your OC? Hahahahaha. Nice playcalling..did you call all those, brotha?  Next year we'll beat you even worse than this. What are you doing in Div 1A? Hahahaha. When are you going back to Div 1-AA? Get ready for more of the same in the 2nd half Nutter. We're going to laugh some more and further demoralize you. Good luck, sucka."

I imagine it went something like that and Nutt was very sad and injured by Carroll's words.

The real tragedy is that Numb Nutts wasn't so devastated or had enough character to do the right thing and resign after the game.

"Humiliation is bad, but day-um, I loves that $1.5 million pay check, brotha!"
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

Ugly Uncle

I started this thread as a "Lets get USC" thing because they were laughing at our coach.  Now it has turned into, "how did HDN know that the other coach was laughing at him?'

I don't know.  I don't know why HDN would bring it up.  But to the best of my ability I tried to represent what what was said.

If anyone else heard this conversation today...please correct me if I have misrepresented any part of this.  I do not believe I have.

That being said, Mike Irwin got me to thinking...how would HDN know that they were laughing at him?  I have those same questions that Mike presented.  If anyone has further info on this, please add.
Retired Radio Host

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: Hawgon on May 08, 2006, 07:01:25 pm

I also remember in the Cotton Bowl against OU that Bob Stoops was pretty much making fun of him the whole week before the game in the media.  I also heard that the OU staff got quite a kick out of the cluster that is the Arkansas sidelines.

That's why they keep voting for Numb Nutts as "SEC Coach of the Year" -- they don't want the laff riot to end and have to face a real coaching staff from Arkansas. Numb Nutts and his Murray State crew are a bunch of clowns -- literally.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on May 08, 2006, 07:48:33 pm

That's why they keep voting for Numb Nutts as "SEC Coach of the Year" -- they don't want the laff riot to end and have to face a real coaching staff from Arkansas. Numb Nutts and his Murray State crew are a bunch of clowns -- literally.

Still, while we are forced to put up with HDN...we should not take lightly another team and/or coach laughing at our guys. 

We better come out with a passion and an anger concerning those arrogant punks from USC.

I do not like that HDN is our head coach.  I wish he had been fired long ago, but as long as he is connected to Arkansas...if another team is mocking our team...then we need to go after them with anger and vengeance that they will never make that mistake again.
Retired Radio Host

10thPlanet

Nutt," That he was embarrassed and humiliated." Now he knows how the whole State feels. Step up and make sure this never happens again, it damn sure never should have in the first place.

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 08, 2006, 07:55:29 pm

Still, while we are forced to put up with HDN...we should not take lightly another team and/or coach laughing at our guys. 

We better come out with a passion and an anger concerning those arrogant punks from USC.

I do not like that HDN is our head coach.  I wish he had been fired long ago, but as long as he is connected to Arkansas...if another team is mocking our team...then we need to go after them with anger and vengeance that they will never make that mistake again.
UU, they are some on here that have a hatred for Houston Nutt that surpasses the love for the Hogs...you can tell who they are from their posts on this thread.
Like you I am pissed off at the lack of class USC showed in the game.  I would like nothing more than to see our boys dismantle USC this seasons...Here's to hoping!

dude

HDN was so busy chewing his fingernails I don't know how he noticed someone laughing. I think that was the entire football world laughing at US! I can't believe that he had the guts to bring that up. Most people who watched that game were either laughing, crying or in shock.
He better stand up and take that one on chin. But we all know that he always has an excuse and someone else to blame it on.

An old hog fanatic

My gosh, how far have we sunk?  Opposing coaches laughing at our coach and/or coaches!  Or, even worse, having a coach who THINKS (or just says) opposing coaches are laughing at him. 

I guess my question would be, why did HDN even bring it up?  Sounds like somebody wanting some "love"!  I'm really beginning to understand some of the complaints from the so-called darksiders.  NEVER thought I'd ever think it much less admit it but the evidence is mounting. 
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

mountainhog

can someone tell me what it was shibest did?  i must have missed that!

WestMemphisHogFan

I like HDN as our head coach, but I do agree with you uglyuncle, that if anyone was mocking our team, I don't care who the coach is, it should get our Razorback blood to boiling. 

Michael Porkleone

MANBEARPIG.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Quote from: BigNasty56187 on May 08, 2006, 08:07:11 pm

UU, they are some on here that have a hatred for Houston Nutt that surpasses the love for the Hogs...you can tell who they are from their posts on this thread.
Really?  I would think wanting someone gone who is such a horrible coach that the opposing coaches laugh at him would be a GREAT HOG fan...

But that's just me..I'm a hog fan..not a Nutt fan..There are some on here whose love for Nutt surpasses that of the Hogs..."you can tell who they are from their posts on this thread."
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

dude

That game plan and effort deserved a laugh. I'm suprised that Reggie and HDN still had a job after that game. They should have been fired! The final score didn't indicate how REALLY bad that was. If I were Pete Carrol I couldn't have kept a straight face either.
HDN is just playing the sympathy card. My 10 year old does the same thing when she gets in trouble.

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on May 08, 2006, 08:34:10 pm

Really?  I would think wanting someone gone who is such a horrible coach that the opposing coaches laugh at him would be a GREAT HOG fan...

But that's just me..I'm a hog fan..not a Nutt fan..There are some on here whose love for Nutt surpasses that of the Hogs..."you can tell who they are from their posts on this thread."

Like you said you were not starting this thread to bash Nutt but to rally fans against USC.  The thread however turned into Nutt bashing, and having fans agree with USC....I was simply agreeing with the need to rally against USC.....seems like the Nutt bashing threads being moved to Vent lasted roughly two weeks.

twistitup

I've laughed plenty and don't think it is that uncommon- when your coach is a joke.

By the way- GO HOGS!!!!
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

WichitaStateRazorback

My love for the Hog Program will not change no matter who the coach is.  If Nutt gets fired I will love the program the same.

Michael Porkleone

if only nutt had played mccurdy....
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

mojobeaux

are there any threads here that aren't nutt-bashing threads?

Quote from: BigNasty56187 on May 08, 2006, 08:38:15 pm

Like you said you were not starting this thread to bash Nutt but to rally fans against USC.  The thread however turned into Nutt bashing, and having fans agree with USC....I was simply agreeing with the need to rally against USC.....seems like the Nutt bashing threads being moved to Vent lasted roughly two weeks.

What's really sad is all this b.s. about, "dude, they disrespected our coach, mannnn...."  "they disrespected the hogs...."

Such BS!

Do ANY of you think, FOR A SECOND, that had we won that game, ANYONE from USC would have been laughing?

Or even if at least we would have had a decent showing???

NOOOOOOO!

Who cares about "disrespect" WHEN WE SUCK because of THE NUTT???

WINNING would put a stop to that. 

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: mojobeaux on May 08, 2006, 08:40:31 pm
They dont start that way, just end that way.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: BigNasty56187 on May 08, 2006, 08:41:56 pm

if david blane doesnt make it, its nutt's fault!

Ugly Uncle

May 08, 2006, 08:43:53 pm #39 Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 09:30:13 am by uglyuncle

That is because I keep coming on here trying to steer it back to bashing USC.  I think the mods have not moved it because of that.

Again, this isn't a "I hate Nutt thing"  Again, the guy should have already been fired.  However, since he is still a hog, we need to have some seriously angry players, coaches and fans on Sept. 2.

Again, why would HDN say this or bring it up?  I don't know...but IF true...we need to make them eat their mocking and make them like it.
Retired Radio Host

Quote from: Yindao on May 08, 2006, 08:42:56 pm

You deflect criticism with spin control almost as good as Nutt.

Would you like a job?

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on May 08, 2006, 08:44:07 pm

You deflect criticism with spin control almost as good as Nutt.

Would you like a job?

if I could make 1/10 nutt's salary, i'm in!!

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 08, 2006, 08:43:53 pm

That is because I keep coming on here trying to steer it back to bashing USC.  I think the mods have not moved it because of that.

Again, this isn't a "I hate Nutt thing"  Again, the guy should have already been fired.  However, since he is still a hog, we need to have some seriously pissed off players, coaches and fans on Sept. 2.

Again, why would HDN say this or bring it up?  I don't know...but IF true...we need to make them eat their mocking and make them like it.

Ugly, I gotta call B.S. here.  I hate to say it, but this WOULD probably be something Nutt would typically use...instead of solid, unpredictable and technically sound play.

Fluff vs. Substance

Using that as a motivator is fluff...which what Nutt is all about..

brotha

WichitaStateRazorback

But of course it is.  If it's raining outside, it's Nutt's fault.  Sean McGurdy not getting PT was all Nutt's fault.  The loss to Bucknell was all Nutt's fault.  My g/f breaking a nail is you guessed it, all Nutt's fault.

Ugly, let me ask you and the rest of you this:

Can you see a coach, a person like Gus using something like this as motivation?  Do you see him even wasting time thinking about it?

I don't.  I seem him using all his energy on a REAL game plan, designed to BEAT USC.

I know....it is hard to get used to.  Almost like a completely foreign language.

The Pulse

I don't care if it is BS. I want our player to feel like they are playing texas! It's an amazing advantage. "we have supernatural abiltities" remember! this latest comment by nutt is what makes me pissed off at USC. It's what they did last year. I was rooting against them in every game since. I want them beat bad!

Ugly Uncle

I hope Reggie feels humiliated by this. 

I don't think our defense will be run through and around like they were last year.  Reggie just might commit homicide/suicide.
Retired Radio Host

mojobeaux

jreaganhog

I'm with Mid-Georgia on this...

Lets say that a coach was laughing at him...why bring it up in a public forum?  If someone were to make fun of me at work (not that it ever happens ;)) no way would I say something to my wife.  I wouldn't want her to know someone thought so little of me they were comfortable making light of me to my face...not only did they feel there was reason to laugh...they did it in my presence without fear of my retaliation. 

Even worse if I'm a football coach...sheesh.

Poor judgment imo.

dude

Why would you need more motivation than a 70-17 A$$ kicking?

He said that to rally HIS troops and gain support for him.

That score is the only thing that the team cares about.