Previous topic - Next topic

airforcehog42

We just had a

1st year sophomore quarterback
1 Freshmen Running Back
2 Freshmen offensive linemen
1 Freshman Tight End
1 Freshman Receiver

All in on one play...Give them a break and let them grow up by being tossed in the fire...i cant believe some of you..

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: airforcehog42 on October 19, 2013, 08:32:01 pm
We just had a

1 Freshmen Running Back
1 Freshman Tight End
1 Freshman Receiver

All in on one play...Give them a break and let them grow up by being tossed in the fire...i cant believe some of you..
yeah those who are blowing up couldn't have been too realistic coming into this game (season).  We need this upcoming bye desperately.

exit19

But but but but Bret coach fault but but but but Petrino motorcycle but but but Jeff yankeeeeeeeeeeeee

1HourToHogville

Excellent note. The recruiting needs are many on both sides of ball.

CallThemHawgs!

3kgthog

I've seen other teams playing that many freshmen and they didn't look this bad.

poloprince

RM was a sophomore when we won 10 games. I can name others if you want.
$PoLoPrInCe$

trashcan maN

lahawg1

Quote from: poloprince on October 19, 2013, 08:40:29 pm

RM was also a SEC CALIBER player, we have walk-ons starting.....

airforcehog42

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: poloprince on October 19, 2013, 08:40:29 pm
A sophomore who had started an entire season and sat out a full year. And one who is world's better than BA. Did we start 2 true freshman lineman that year? Didn't think so

BallHog1

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 19, 2013, 08:40:24 pm
You're not getting the point. Those freshmen are the most talented players on the team. These other teams playing freshmen are surrounding them with talented upperclassmen.

1HourToHogville

RM was  starting his 3rd year of college when he started at Ark. Freshen year at Michigan was up and down for him. Statistics weren't that great. 

ICEman

FSU has several Frosh playing including a Freshman QB and they are up 24 to 7 at number 3 Clemson.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

elkhog

We just had a

1 Freshmen Running Back
1 Freshman Tight End
1 Freshman Receiver

I don't think the offense is the worse part of the game all things considered.  Defense is what is surprising me considering that we hired a defensive coach.  Sorry, but these people who want to lay all the blame on the players are just wrong.  Coaching is a much more important aspect of the game than talent level.  You can have a star studded team and still fail miserably with clueless coaching.  You can also have a not so star studded team and win simply because you have a great coach who knows his x's and o's and how to get the most out of each and every player.  Coach BB likes to say the kids don't have enough confidence.   Well, Coach BB it is up to you to instill that confidence!
GO HOGS!!!

airforcehog42

The objective point that I am making is that we are inexperienced, and we are playing one of the most dominant teams in college football during the middle of the season. 

Next year will look a lot different! The cream will naturally rise to the top, and the system will be running at full speed.  Anyone who does not understand this is just flat out ignorant. Take your emotions out of this and just look at the facts.

BallHog1

Quote from: airforcehog42 on October 19, 2013, 08:52:11 pm
The objective point that I am making is that we are inexperienced, and we are playing one of the most dominant teams in college football during the middle of the season. 

Next year will look a lot different! The cream will naturally rise to the top, and the system will be running at full speed.  Anyone who does not understand this is just flat out ignorant. Take your emotions out of this and just look at the facts.
I agree, others aren't hearing what you are saying.

Letsroll1200

We just had a

1 Freshmen Running Back
1 Freshman Tight End
1 Freshman Receiver

So what? I don't see what direction the offense or defense is going. We are at least 3 years from being respectful in the SEC.

SemperFi

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 19, 2013, 08:40:24 pm

That's because those freshmen are surrounded by better upperclassmen that have talent. What does it say about the upperclassmen that are being replaced by true freshmen? The position of WR is woeful. The Defensive Secondary is woeful. Several of these guys will not be on the field in the next 1-2 years and will be replaced with other true freshmen. Sad state we find ourselves in.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

HogFoo

We just had a

1 Freshmen Running Back
1 Freshman Tight End
1 Freshman Receiver

Yeah we have some real idiots as fans.    Can't just use common sense. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

Quote from: HogFoo on October 19, 2013, 09:08:07 pm
Yeah we have some real idiots as fans.    Can't just use common sense. 

"The Key to greatness is to consistently be great."   -  HogFoo