Official Postgame Gripe Thread

Started by V B Porkers, March 17, 2006, 01:43:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

V B Porkers

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: V B Porkers on March 17, 2006, 01:43:48 pm
Nothing more needs to be said

bull

The players played hard. Get off your couch and pound a court with your fat ass for once!

Swino

But a lot more will be said. 

A lot more of the same thing, over and over.

Lokirain

The season is over. This sucks. Whatta crappy game.

Swino

All comments about our pathetic team goes here or it will be moved here.

hogattack21

It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

pheine78

I am hoping if I watch it a few more times that Brewer makes that shot.  I was on my knees at the end just hoping....
Nolan for defensive coordinator!

Landonhog

3kgthog

We'll pull away, our athleticism will give them problems, we'll own Bucknell. What the hell were you guys thinking? Just looking at Bucknell's system should've told you guys that there is no way we would blow this team out. They are strong in the exact places where we just absolutely suck. And today, well, everyone on our team just absolutely sucked in every freakin' phase of the game. We got outcoached, outshot, outhustled, bla bla bla.

Congrats to the Hog fans that were wise enough to realize that Bucknell shoots well, plays a zone, know that we can't break a zone, and could just see this letdown coming. Thank God for Razorback baseball.

litmachog

Who is depressed? 

I just threw two empty water bottles, my hat, and one shoe across the room to hit the cabinet.

maniax22bolts20

public whipping and marching is in order

lurker1

No effort, no heart, no game plan, no defense, no intensity.

Yes..we did the SEC proud today.  I am sick.

rjmass

The players played hard, somebody had to win, We had the chance, we just didn't get it to fall.

Man give them a break 3 hours ago everyone was excited, we made the dance, they played hard, couple of close 10 second calls could have swung things.  Two good teams, I am proud of the season.

Some people would gripe and get all over the coach even if we would have lost in the finals.

Good grief.
Grandpa told me the only two things I  could control in life were my tongue and my word.   To always honor what you say and say what you honor.
He was a wise man.

WindyCityHog

Hogs had their chance boys....

I say tip your hat to Bucknell...The difference in the game was 3-point shooting and FT shooting.

Hogs just simply got beat....

I'm as pissed as any of you....but the entire game was played at the tempo Bucknell wanted, and they hit a ton of 3's.

pheine78

It was a really nice season, considering the last 5 seasons of futility.  Give Heath a couple of more seasons!!!
Nolan for defensive coordinator!

The_Bionic_Pig

Arkansas couldn't throw it in the ocean  and Bucknell coudn't miss, you can't coach that.....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Kevin

ALL OF YOU!! All week memphis this memphis that. i came on here and said don't look past bucknell. all five starters back from last year's team that beat Kansas. 

i got blasted by fans.

well we now don't have to worry about memphis. >:(
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

secthumper

....OUTCOACHED, OUTPLAYED, and OUTSMARTED!!

....This bunch just let the whole damn state of Arkansas down!!

....THANK GOD for Van Horn, Gus, and Spring football!!
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

pfrg999

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 17, 2006, 01:46:52 pm
We'll pull away, our athleticism will give them problems, we'll own Bucknell. What the hell were you guys thinking? Just looking at Bucknell's system should've told you guys that there is no way we would blow this team out. They are strong in the exact places where we just absolutely suck. And today, well, everyone on our team just absolutely sucked in every freakin' phase of the game. We got outcoached, outshot, outhustled, bla bla bla.

Congrats to the Hog fans that were wise enough to realize that Bucknell shoots well, plays a zone, know that we can't break a zone, and could just see this letdown coming. Thank God for Razorback baseball.

SU*K M* AS*......
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

SultanofSwine

All you Heath lovers better shut your freakin pie-holes after that BS. A week to prepare for one freakin team and we have NO PHUCKING PLAN.

campbell

Pathetic, all game!!!

Never played a game all year for the entire 40 minutes, not once, couldn't put teams away...very sad!!!

ki285

with the exception of one or two people, we have nothing but a bunch of streetballers.  we cant shoot 3s, we cant shoot free throws, we cant shoot mid range jumpers, and we cant run half court offense.  if three pointers arent falling, arkansas isnt a very good basketabll team.  we need to find some damn shooters for next year, or its gonna be the same story.  arkansas for sure got aout coached, but they got beat because the cant do the fundamental things, and they played a team that could.  does anyone else wanna know why jefferson was in the game so much?

PigInaBlanket

That is our @&*# problem! Nobody hits the clutch shot.  Out best player today was Steven Hill, and that is sad!!!!!!!!
I think this is the most pissed I've been after a loss.

Tom T. Hog

Coaches don't shoot the freethrows down the stretch.  The team didn't play (shoot) well.  Some of it falls on Coach Heath.  But, you can't blame him for everything.

pfrg999

Can Van Horn Coach Basketball too ??
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

WindyCityHog

Bucknell had a game plan and kept the tempo to their favor, ALL game.  Throw in otherworldly 3-PT shooting and the Hogs inability to hit free throws when it mattered, and we see the outcome.

The Hogs need shooters.  Period.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: secthumper on March 17, 2006, 01:48:27 pm
....OUTCOACHED, OUTPLAYED, and OUTSMARTED!!

....This bunch just let the whole damn state of Arkansas down!!

....THANK GOD for Van Horn, Gus, and Spring football!!

Bucknell shoots 85% from 3 point range and the Seniors play their heart out and this is how you support them...so you honestly believe the team isn't hurting right now ???
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HighOnHogs

Quote from: Swino on March 17, 2006, 01:44:57 pm
But a lot more will be said. 

A lot more of the same thing, over and over.

You're right.  I think I'm going to find something else to do in my slow time.  Have fun boys.

MCPeePants

I'm not the world's biggest Darian Townes fan by any means but for the life of me - I can't fathom how he didn't play at all in the 2nd half.

Other than "bad coaching" can anyone offer an explanation for this?

Razorback Jedi

I don't know if I even care...

V. V. Hawg

6 times I've tried to add a reply or start a thread and can't.  What can I say?  I"M REALLY PISSED NOW!  CT's turnovers and no 3 ball "D". 

I will really miss E-star and Pokie.

Here to next year, I gotta go  :puke:

songofthesword

Theres an idea..the man can coach his ass off, has proved it two years in a row.

Stan is a hell of a recruiter, but can't coach to save his life. Everything our players know and learn is from game experience, not from any thing he has taught them

leggman131652002

Jefferson leave man uncover after trapping them in Backcourt for 9and half sec

I am so glad he is GONE>

lurker1

Hogs4Ever

Hey at least we weren't a 4 or 5 seed and lost.  8 v 9 seed games aren't much of an upset.

SultanofSwine

Coaches allow the team to play for 36 minutes directly into the other teams strength. This game was lost before the tip off because we had no plan to take them out of thier compfort zone.

HogFanZito

They care, but they can't finish or make a play when it matters.  Why wouldn't Modica shoot the ball?  He played like he was very nervous.  And EF was typical EF.  Out of control on offense, played hard on defense, but couldn't guard the 3 at all.

V B Porkers

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: SultanofSwine on March 17, 2006, 01:48:42 pm
All you Heath lovers better shut your freakin pie-holes after that BS. A week to prepare for one freakin team and we have NO PHUCKING PLAN.

Yes we should have fouled their 3 point shooters.... (sarcasm)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Razorback Jedi

The Hogs need someone to lead the team. Get in faces when your team is shooting 6 of 15 from the FT line.

Fellas, that's where the game was lost, at the FT line. When you miss out of 8-10 points b/c of missed FT, you lose.

mutdog

I'll  take a little crow.  I predicted that we would win by 12.  Our weak points were glaring today.
1.  bad free throw shooting
2.  poor jump shooting
3.  poor 3 point shooting
4.  poor guard play.
5.  poor 3 point defense.
We have to recruit some top notch guards to be a top tier team.  Hopefully Brewer will stay and we can add a shotting guard next year. 

I will have to say that the team played extremely hard and almost pulled off the win even though we had an extremely bad shooting day

nobballconcept

he is amazing...always seems to be around in close losses....i.e. Ole Miss

Mr A Ziffell

I love to watch games where the over/under is 100...

Illinihog

You can't miss free chances and win.  In the 2nd half we missed 9 ft's, we make half of those we win.  You can  gripe about the coach all day but it does come down to execution.  When the other team makes 2 off balance 3's in a row what are you gonna do?  The one guy hit's a 3 over Hunter with the shot clock hitting zero and you are gonna bitch about the coach.  We lost to a damn good team who was hot.  Look at NW St. this darn happens.  Those of you bitching about Heath go fist yourself.

ElRopo

endub

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 17, 2006, 01:50:02 pm
Bucknell had a game plan and kept the tempo to their favor, ALL game.  Throw in otherworldly 3-PT shooting and the Hogs inability to hit free throws when it mattered, and we see the outcome.
thats all there is to it, missed free throws, and game tempo.
"I jus wanna know where da gold at."

MCPeePants

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 17, 2006, 01:48:17 pm
Arkansas couldn't throw it in the ocean  and Bucknell coudn't miss, you can't coach that.....

The reason they couldn't miss is because they were getting off wide open uncontested shots for the most part.

You sure as hell can coach that.

Tater Salad

Quote from: litmachog on March 17, 2006, 01:47:01 pm

I just threw two empty water bottles, my hat, and one shoe across the room to hit the cabinet.

Whoa, dude!! YOu have anger management problems...wouldn't wanna meet you in a dark alley

SultanofSwine

Stewie, I hate this for the players and I wisj like HELL that they had had a coach with atleast a lick of freakin sense to lead them today.

nobballconcept