Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The "MEMPHIS SUCKS" Thread

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 13, 2006, 12:31:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

razorbackfan4life

And that my friends is why I hate all fans that live in Tennessee.  They assume they are the greatest team in the world and can beat anybody.  They think that they will just beat us with no problem.  I hate fans of that state.

HighOnHogs

Memphis has a very good team.  I'm looking forward to the game but I have a feeling it will end there.  Memphis should be in the final four.  I hope it's us instead.

texhog

This is good.  Let them go on with their false sense of superiority and underestimation of the Hogs.  We can stay under their radar and catch them looking ahead.

razorbackfan4life

I hope we beat the living hell out of Bucknell, and then beat the living hell out of Memphis since neither they or any other college basketball fans are giving us a shot!

texhog

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on March 13, 2006, 12:36:23 pm
And that my friends is why I hate all fans that live in Tennessee.  They assume they are the greatest team in the world and can beat anybody.  They think that they will just beat us with no problem.  I hate fans of that state.

Except Vandy fans of course.  After decades of mediocrity, there's a degree of humility engrained. 

razorbackfan4life

You guys have to remember we are playing in Dallas also!  There are going to be so many Razorback fans there calling the hogs!!!  Am I nervous.....yes, but if we can handle Bucknell it will relax our players and hopefully get them rolling just in time to beat those pesky Tigers!  Man I cannot wait to talk crap to them if we just do happen to beat them!

1836hog

Memphis is extremely overrated.  CUSA?  If they get past ORU, they'll be in for a rude awakening.  We'll be sending Calipari home to Memphis wishing he had never heard of the Razorbacks.  We'll set their program back a few years.  

Our toughest challenge will be Kansas.  That's where it may end.

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: texhog on March 13, 2006, 12:40:10 pm
Quote from: razorbackfan4life on March 13, 2006, 12:36:23 pm

Except Vandy fans of course.  After decades of mediocrity, there's a degree of humility engrained. 
Yea that's true, but that's only a small percentage of fans, lol.

The_Bionic_Pig

Listening to Sports56 out of Memphis and they are already talking about the matchup (Colt) Arkansas fan called in.   I wish the 2nd round game was on a Monday evening because the hype machine in the Mid-South would be so high in the Bluff City that a loss would hurt them that much more  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

felixfan

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWO TEAMS WON 30 GAMES THIS YEAR.

us, and Duke, ad we did not LOSE TO A TEAM NOT IN THE NCAA.

Duke did.

look at the way they played down the stretch (and i have never wanted to punch anyone some much in my life as that dirty little bastard whining puss Paulus)

Duke is a six man team playing in a crappy conference (yes the ACC sucked this year) and they had squeakers against BC, lost to a non tourney team in Fl State, and in general looked beatable down the stretch. and if it wasn't for Reddick throwing in crap from all over the gym, BC would have won the ACC title game.

Duke is the fraud and if Reddick has an off night, they are out. Too many games back to back.

We on the other hand, go 11 deep and can win with almost any combination on the floor, and we will have the horses left to get past people in those second weekend games. 

where does this guy get off talking about the ACC sucking when memphis plays in the depleted CUSA and lost to duke.  It beats me but let them talk about us being mediocre, well get the last laugh when Mccurdy hits another 75 footer at the buzzer to win the game.

Arkapigdiesel

The Memphis game will be tough.  If Townes and Thomas aren't able to get it going inside it will be a tough game.

I'm going to have to edit myself here......First things first, we must beat Bucknell before we can even think about Memphis.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

hogfan064

Memphis has a University?  Here's my take on Memphis.  They're pretenders.  They are the 3rd most recognized school in their state and are now enjoying their only bit of athletic success in school history.  They got Clemson's leftover coach for football and a washed up SEC defensive coordinator.  In basketball what have they accomplished?  An NIT Championship?  Elliot Perry had cool goggles in the late 80s in the old Metro Conference. Other than that Memphis State sucks!  They'll never be at the level of Arkansas.  Yeah they might have a good season every now and then, but they'll still be no more than another Tulsa to me.

hogbalz

Is it possible that Texas and Tennessee have the same dad ?  The most annoying fans ever. We need to bring our A game. This game in basketball would be almost as good as a defeat of Texas in football. Bucknell is the first step.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: HighOnHogs on March 13, 2006, 12:36:27 pm
Memphis has a very good team.  I'm looking forward to the game but I have a feeling it will end there.  Memphis should be in the final four.  I hope it's us instead.

Memphis may beat us, but there is no way they reach the FF.  Not gonna happen.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

The_Bionic_Pig

The Tigers will be very suprized by the sea of RED in this Venue

American Airlines Center
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

wishiwasinark

Memphis is a pretty good team. But I would take my chances against anyone in Dallas. Our problem is still going to be our frontline play. Memphis has a athletic and capable frontline.

mj4president

Do they have a messege board?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

hog caller

let them believe that crap. the lighter they take us the better off we will be. we ought to be saying we shouldn't be in there any way we are only 22-9. we didn't win our conference or nothing like that we just scared the hail out of the ones who did.

naw we can barely pronounce basketball much less play like a tournament team.

i hope all those Memphis fans red this and believeevery word.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO HOGGGGGGGGS!

Tater Salad

pbjones81

Goog?  WTH is that?   ;)

T-hawg

Go easy on the young lad. Or old cat that just got his new gateway computer.
I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

J.A.Y.

There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

RBLtoHOG

Memphis = Overrated             Arkansas = Underrated. We win a close game by 5.
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Tusks

Memphis has 2 final fours, including one championship game.

The Hogs have 6 final fours, 2 championship games and a NC.

Since the tiggers have been to the final four the Hogs have 3 appearances and a NC.

So the Hogs have been much busier the last 20 yrs. Having said all that, they may win but they are kidding themselves if they think it will be easy.  They've never played the Hogs in Dallas, it's not like meeting in Milwaukee.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

BigHog396

They are forgetting one important thing (as long as we get past Bucknell).  Heath and company have a little score to settle with Memphis after the way things went down his first two years.  In Heath's first season as coach, against Caliparri (or however you spell it) and company... Ferguson goes for a loose ball, diving into the Memphis bench, a Memphis asst. coach procedes to shove Ferguson up off their bench with a forearm shot.  They don't bother to apologize for the incident.  Then, Caliparri has the nerve to say Arkansas isn't a worthy opponent, and procedes to re-neg on the final game in the series contract.

I say, if we get past Bucknell, Memphis may be in for a rude awakening...an Arkansas team with a big reason to show up firing on all cylinders for the first time all year.  Memphis wouldn't stand a chance.

Shag66

Zen_Hog

Sonofahog

Do you mean "MEMPHIS STATE"??   
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

TorsinAHog

I almost dislike their fans more than their dam# coach....well not really.  WTH have they EVER accomplished in basketball? 
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

snoutface

Sometimes it's better for me to be quiet and let everybody believe I'm dumb as dirt, than to speak up and prove it.

musiccityhog

I'm callin' it now,ORU over Memphis! The first 16 over a 1 ever!
Your name? Fletch F. Fletch
Your Address? Seven
Your occupation? I'm a Shepherd

Ugly Uncle

His oldest daughter really looked happy to be there in that picture.  Maybe she feels the same way about her dad as we do.
Retired Radio Host

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Albert Einswine

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 13, 2006, 07:14:43 pm
His oldest daughter really looked happy to be there in that picture.  Maybe she feels the same way about her dad as we do.

What she's thinking is, "I can't believe this pathetic douchebag is my dad.  And look what this pathetic douchebag has done to my little brother's hair!!"
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

musiccityhog

Your Address? Seven

Razorback53

I was looking at Bucknell and Memphis schedules and from what I say they havent played anybody thats really good they both have played 3 top 25 teams Memphis winning only 1 and bucknell 0. The way I see The hogs can Easily make it to the sweet 16 if they play like they have in the last 3 weeks of the season. Arkansas has played big name teams and they team could of easily had 3 losses only if it wasnt for those close loses....plus I would love to see the Arkansas VS Kansas rematch....what do yall think ?

pbjones81

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Razorback53 on March 13, 2006, 07:24:33 pm
The way I see The hogs can Easily make it to the sweet 16 if they play like they have in the last 3 weeks of the season. Arkansas has played big name teams and they team could of easily had 3 losses only if it wasnt for those close loses....plus I would love to see the Arkansas VS Kansas rematch....what do yall think ?

I'm predicting an Arkansas-Kansas rematch.  But I wouldn't say we're getting there easily.  Whereas we did beat some quality teams down the stretch, we didn't win any of them easily.  We're not there yet, but we're getting there.  I don't think we'll beat Kansas in a rematch.  I think they've improved more since our meeting early in the season.  Having said that, I sure as heck hope I'm wrong.  WPS!!!!

Broken Trigger

I think Memphis is overrated, but not Bucknell.  They have lost 4 games all year, and at least two of the losses were against very good teams.  They have played very well in the tourny in the past, they really get up for it.  They are a veteran team as well.  With all that being said, i think the Hogs can beat both Bucknell and Memphis if they play the way they are capable.  The only teams all year that proved that they were better teams at the time they played than Arkansas were UConn and Maryland. 

TNPIG

Quote from: Razorback53 on March 13, 2006, 07:24:33 pm
I was looking at Bucknell and Memphis schedules and from what I say they havent played anybody thats really good they both have played 3 top 25 teams Memphis winning only 1 and bucknell 0. The way I see The hogs can Easily make it to the sweet 16 if they play like they have in the last 3 weeks of the season. Arkansas has played big name teams and they team could of easily had 3 losses only if it wasnt for those close loses....plus I would love to see the Arkansas VS Kansas rematch....what do yall think ?
What were you looking at? Memphis beat Gonzaga, Alabama, UCLA, Tennessee, and UAB. All were in the Top 25 when the games were played. It's good to be optimistic, but don't lose touch with reality, Memphis will throttle the Hogs.

Broken Trigger

Albert Einswine

MtownTiger

I have never seen such delusional fans.  We have the 4th RPI in the country despite playing in CUSA, and you're not even one of the top 8 teams we've played all season.  We have 11 legitimate starters and have not allowed an opponent over 40% from the field all year.  Our stifling defense and press will wear the other team down quickly.
I'm also amused by the "sea of red" comments.  A majority of the tickets were sold to locals and speculators before tournament consideration even began.  Both schools should be alotted near equal amounts.  You will probably have an edge in attendance, albeit slight, from alumni in Dallas that can find the rare available ticket and are willing to pay $200 for them.  Memphis travels really well and there aren't enough tickets to go around at NCAA tournament games for anyone to have a home court advantage (in case you didn't know because you haven't been in a while).
I enjoy the jealous comments though.  It's amazing how since we've last met you've stayed pretty much the same, maybe even regressed a little, and we've advanced by leaps and bounds. 

Albert Einswine

Quote from: MtownTiger on March 13, 2006, 08:16:05 pm
I have never seen such delusional fans.  We have the 4th RPI in the country despite playing in CUSA, and you're not even one of the top 8 teams we've played all season.  We have 11 legitimate starters and have not allowed an opponent over 40% from the field all year.  Our stifling defense and press will wear the other team down quickly.

I guess when the Hogs send you packing, this greatness you posess, will cause it to sting all the more. :)

RBLtoHOG

Quote from: MtownTiger on March 13, 2006, 08:16:05 pm
I'm also amused by the "sea of red" comments.  A majority of the tickets were sold to locals and speculators before tournament consideration even began.  Both schools should be alotted near equal amounts.  You will probably have an edge in attendance, albeit slight, from alumni in Dallas that can find the rare available ticket and are willing to pay $200 for them.  Memphis travels really well and there aren't enough tickets to go around at NCAA tournament games for anyone to have a home court advantage (in case you didn't know because you haven't been in a while).
I enjoy the jealous comments though.  It's amazing how since we've last met you've stayed pretty much the same, maybe even regressed a little, and we've advanced by leaps and bounds. 

Id like to see the look on your face after the game...
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

musiccityhog

Your Address? Seven

musiccityhog

Your Address? Seven

RBLtoHOG

Quote from: musiccityhog on March 13, 2006, 08:22:12 pm
ORU better watch out in the second round!

Yah... once they beat Memphis they are gonna be pumped up ;)