Kelvin Sampson
7 (4.5%)
Billy Donavan
21 (13.5%)
Someone Else
93 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 1

SuperHog

February 16, 2006, 11:21:00 am Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 11:23:19 am by SuperHog
Tubby will be leaving either on his own or by force, but given that these other guys would leave...who'd you take? 

If you vote for someone else-specify.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

HogISH™

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

hogsanity

Ok 5 names mentioned and not a chance in hades of getting any of them. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Apathy

I think Beeline at West Virgina should be given serious consideration.

VoR

Linda Lovelace or anyone else for that matter that doesn't choke on the big one's.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

snag

In our dreams we could get Billy Donovan - the best coach in the SEC.

hogtheball

I doubt Mark Few would even leave Gonzaga for the Duke job.  Nice to dream, though.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

cmakrzrbak

Quote from: HogISH™ on February 16, 2006, 11:23:48 am
john calapari (?sp)

HogISH
I hate that man with all the passion within me.  There is no way we hire him after what he said about Arkansas.  I'd rather have Susie Gardner coach the mens team than have them led by that POS.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

ThaRockArkansas

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: ThaRockArkansas on February 16, 2006, 11:40:50 am
Mike Anderson or Doc Sadler

Well style of play is not your deciding factor.  Mike plays Nolan ball and Sadler plays Princeton ball.  COuld not be more different. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogtheball

Quote from: hogsanity on February 16, 2006, 11:25:41 am

Agreed. Why not at least list coaches who we can  dream about.  At least 3 of these guys are untouchable. 
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

hogtheball

Quote from: hogsanity on February 16, 2006, 11:42:49 am

Well style of play is not your deciding factor.  Mike plays Nolan ball and Sadler plays Princeton ball.  COuld not be more different. 

Well, Sadler and Mike faced each other last week.  UTEP beat UAB 65-37.  It would be tough to argue Anderson's style of ball was better in that case.

MJ2

Only logical choice to instill interest and a winning program....... PAT SUMMIT @ TN!

LordStanleysHog

I like Huggins but it'll probably be Anderson

litmachog

Mike Anderson - he can do the job and he would be happy to be here and not be looking over the shoulder for another job (their dream job) that all the others would be doing.

A-Town Hog Fan

Lord help us all!

Ish O

February 16, 2006, 11:54:21 am #17 Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 11:56:20 am by Ish O
Quote from: Apathy on February 16, 2006, 11:26:01 am

I think Beeline at West Virgina should be given serious consideration.

Remember when Stan was hired his other job interview was with WVU. Think those fans are upset that Stan chose the Hogs?

MJ2

SultanofSwine

Topcat

How about Slick Rick? There's more talent at AR now than what he has.

hogindallas

I love this board...and I'm as positive-minded as the next guy...ok..maybe not as much as a few huggers on here..but I have patience for both Heath and Nutt when others do not.  Having said that...I'm amazed you guys really believe some of the largest coaching names would just drop everything and crawl to Arkansas if we began a coaching search.  Mark Few's name KEEPS popping up...and I know he wasn't interested in coming here when we hired Heath!!  Its been a long time since '94 and '95 guys!  We are still a desirable program, don't get me wrong, but we don't have the cred to just whip up any hot coach we want....lets be realistic.  By the way....why the reject coaching lists I've seen?  Nobody wants Snyder, Sutton, Huggins,Majerus, etc...all have problems associated with them (Majerus' health) 

The truth is...when we hired Heath...he was a one yr wonder....on the rise..but VERY fortunate.  He's literally learning on the job and its obvious.  I think he can get it done...but if I knew the answer was 6 yrs into his tenure, not sure I'd give him my blessing again!  I think the relevant question here is...how  long is realistically enough time for a coach to turn things around here?..and how bad was the program REALLY..when Heath took it over? IMO it was worse than we thought.  Heath HAS enough talent to be doing better though...not defending him.  If we'd won at Miss St, at least split with both Bama & LSU, we'd be fine...and last night's loss would be more tolerable.

mbgrulz

Quote from: hogtheball on February 16, 2006, 11:37:15 am
I doubt Mark Few would even leave Gonzaga for the Duke job.  Nice to dream, though.
i dont think anyone in the nation would want the duke job. who could possibly follow the greatest basketball coach of all time?

LordStanleysHog

I don't know why don't you ask the guy who followed John Wooden, Coach K's good but he's no Wooden.

nwarazfan

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on February 16, 2006, 02:29:26 pm
I don't know why don't you ask the guy who followed John Wooden, Coach K's good but he's no Wooden.

No Coach K hasn't cheated like Wooden did. It was public knowedge how Wooden built those teams.  Different era now too. 

Cajun Hog

Quote from: ConwayHog on February 16, 2006, 11:44:06 am

Mike-Maybe
No way on Doc!

What's the infatuation with midmajor coaches?  Sure, Bruce Pearl worked out but lets get a bigtime name in here.   Don't listen to hogsanity.  I can think of a couple of million reasons why any of those guys would come.  We have the money.  Our boosters have the money.  Money is not an issue.

I believe money will be a issue with paying Nolan $500K and Stan $317K for 4 years.  I like Texas A & M coach Billy Gillespie or Mike.  I doubt Mike would take the job.

hogsNbeer

First of all, I give all new coaches 5 years... Basketball, football, baseball and the likes..... I dont' care if you think they are different I give them all 5..... So believe me, if next year is like this year most likely I would have to say by by to HEATH....... Only in that instance would I want another coach...... and I think James Dickey should atleast be strongly considered for the Job..... Hell he's coached with Eddie Sutton for 100 years....Dickey knows x's and o's like the back of his hand I bet..... I think he would be a good one..... :razorback:

johnny cash

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on February 16, 2006, 11:50:24 am
I like Huggins but it'll probably be Anderson
QuoteIf Huggins comes sales of liquor will go up in the fayeteville area and we will have more of his players serving us at fastfood chains after they finish playing ball.

Deuce Pigelow

My wishful thinking is Pitino would like to come back to the SEC

Topcat

Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 16, 2006, 02:53:58 pm
First of all, I give all new coaches 5 years... Basketball, football, baseball and the likes..... I dont' care if you think they are different I give them all 5..... So believe me, if next year is like this year most likely I would have to say by by to HEATH....... Only in that instance would I want another coach...... and I think James Dickey should atleast be strongly considered for the Job..... Hell he's coached with Eddie Sutton for 100 years....Dickey knows x's and o's like the back of his hand I bet..... I think he would be a good one..... :razorback:
Why would you give football and basketball coaches the same amount of time to turn a program around? Basketball is much easier to change quickly. James Dickey? Please tell me that'll never happen.

hoggystyle78

That would be awesome if Pitino or Tubby would come to Arkansas but you guys will have to excuse me if I don't hold my breath. Best case scenario, Kentucky either fires or accepts Tubby's resignation and he comes to Arkansas, while that would be great I have to wonder if Tubby would even take the job if offered, remember he and Nolan were good friends so you have to wonder if that could prevent him from accepting if offered. I think without a doubt it's time for Stan to go but if were just gonna turn around and hire another up and comer who will have to learn on the job then we should just keep who we've got. Hopefully JFB will open the wallet and get a big time coach in here.

snoutface

The guy at Pittsburgh- don't remember his name.
Sometimes it's better for me to be quiet and let everybody believe I'm dumb as dirt, than to speak up and prove it.

spookytooth

Quote from: snoutface on February 18, 2006, 11:22:37 am
The guy at Pittsburgh- don't remember his name.

jamie dixon...i like him and al skinner at Boston College..both get players that are not highly recruited and get them to play tough, smart basketball and would be a huge upgrade here.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I heard WVA AD sends Frank a Honey Baked Ham and a card every Christmas.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

fieldturf

Big Joe from Slater Mo would be a good one if he were interested.........

12under

Quote from: hogsanity on February 16, 2006, 11:25:41 am
agreed

12under

Quote from: litmachog on February 16, 2006, 11:51:31 am
Mike Anderson - he can do the job and he would be happy to be here and not be looking over the shoulder for another job (their dream job) that all the others would be doing.
mike will never coach here.  he wouldnt

Broken Trigger

1.  John Beilein
2.  Rick Pitino
3.  Bill Self

Topcat

It's not going to matter. Heath saved his job today. No way they would cut him loose now.

lunchbox72703

mchogfan

I believe that the Hogs should have realistically won 4 more games than they have this year.  So, I do think that they have slightly underacheived.  BUT, I think that Stan's teams continue to be better each year.  And until he starts going backwards or it's obvious that we have "maxed out" under him, he should return. 

California...they tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember.

wrightobe

Steve Alford--He understands the people of the Ozarks, and the "fly-over states".  In others words, he is middle America, and would play basic fundamental hard nosed basketball, stressing defense, such as Eddie Sutton does.

Broken Trigger

Quote from: wrightobe on February 18, 2006, 08:14:21 pm
Steve Alford--He understands the people of the Ozarks, and the "fly-over states".  In others words, he is middle America, and would play basic fundamental hard nosed basketball, stressing defense, such as Eddie Sutton does.

Isn't he heading to Indiana?

JustoHogFan

How bout Silvertip he seems to know everything about basketball, hell he even has his points per shot shitte(actually its not and I understand but who really want to talk about that BS)

1967 Grad

How about Scotty Thurman?....He knew how to win and could instill it in the current players. Also best bet of keeping Brewer around another year.

pigfeet

I haven't ever heard anyone bring this name up, but what about Darrell Walker? Not saying he would be good or bad but just wondering about your thoughts.