Started by Hogblood, February 15, 2006, 10:27:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogblood

Its not even the end of February so far:
1. Huggins
2. Sutton
3. Majerus
4. Snyder

Point is we will have some names to choose from. We may need to get a designated driver but what the _ _ _ _?  I would spell out that last word but I have been warned and banned for bad spelling. Anyway the timing seems right and after March who knows what the list will look like.

Richard_white

NO
NO
NO
NO

I hope we get someone like Anderson, who plays the style of 40 minutes of HELL!

WPS

SAUhogfan

The only one I would want it Sutton. 

Cresthog

Are u kidding me? Sutton? Huggins?

Why dont they call us DUI University....

And for real...Sutton do you really think he is about to coach again??

Snyder...HELL NO

Face it...we need Mike   we want Mike

wishyjoshy

Sutton won't come back here.  In all actuality, he won't coach again.

spacity1

does anyone want nolan rehired now!!!!   hey the raiders did it, why can't WE?

WILL CLINTON

you would list Sutton, but not Nolan?  You would really rather have sutton than nolan??
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HOGLIGULA

hell DUI university I thought that was the name of this place lest we forget the great Turd Furgeson.  maybe if the coach was a little he might show some passion.
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: spacity1 on February 15, 2006, 10:34:00 pm

HELL YES!!!!!  I may start that petition now. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Thrilbilly

Quote from: dubyacee on February 15, 2006, 10:35:07 pm
does anyone want nolan rehired now!!!!   hey the raiders did it, why can't WE?

HELL YES!!!!!  I may start that petition now. 
We are already paying him arn't we!

Maddhog

Wouldn't we have to put in a wet bar at BWA to entice some of those guys?   Might as well add
Eustachy to the mix.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

HawgWild

Give me Mike Anderson or Mark Few from Gonzaga.

BossHog13

As a Raiders fan, I say HELL YEAH!!!

Thrilbilly

Quote from: HawgWild on February 15, 2006, 10:37:56 pm
Give me Mike Anderson or Mark Few from Gonzaga.
Is the Gonzaga coach available.

PiggoBitttys

I don't know if I want Mike. I might want Mike more than Heath right now, but there are several other coaches I'd go after first. Mike has never been a great recruiter. He also is very much on the bubble to make the dance this year. There are successful coaches that do not use 40 minutes of Hell Nolan style. We don't have to continue that style of play to be winners. And we should wait till the end of the season, though I will be anxiously awaiting it.

HOGLIGULA

hell a wet bar this year would make things interesting, and atleast those guys know what it is like to win a basketball game on the road and in the big dance.
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

Dwight_K_Shrute

That is a list of unemployed coaches.  In theory every coach is available for the right price and the right place.  For some we may not be the right place and for others we may not be willing to pay the price.

Right now we have the wrong coach at the wrong time at the wrong place for the wrong price.

Let's just add Heath to that list of coaches then shop it around to other schools.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

cmevere1027

you can add mike davis to that list, we WILL never ever get mike anderson

wishyjoshy

If I could have ANYONE, I would wany Alford.

tacomahog

I would go after Pitino. He might be looking to move on after this season if they don't make the tourney.

ballhog™

I think it would be hard to get a successful coach from a bigtime program to come here.  So, look for a mid major coach with at least 4 successful years and NCAA tourneys under his belt.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

BossHog13

If not Nolan, go get Mike Anderson! We seriously need to get back to Hog Ball! Forty Minutes of Hell!!!

whatsshakinbacon

There are plenty of coaches out there that are flying under the radar.  They may not be big names, but they are just waiting in the wings to take over a program like this and win it all.

I'm not worried about finding someone, I'm just worried about us upsetting somebody like Florida, making it to the big dance with this piss-poor basketball team, and saving Heath's butt.

I'm ready to cut bait.

Bacon out...

SAUhogfan

Quote from: ballhog on February 15, 2006, 10:41:40 pm
I think it would be hard to get a successful coach from a bigtime program to come here.  So, look for a mid major coach with at least 4 successful years and NCAA tourneys under his belt.

You got it.  Some of us need to realize that WE are no long a big-time program.

wishyjoshy

Quote from: SAUhogfan on February 15, 2006, 10:44:19 pm

You got it.  Some of us need to realize that WE are no long a big-time program.

IF you use that logic, neither is Indiana, and I GUARANTEE that they will get a premium coach.

5 little pigs

Doc Sadler of UTEP, young, won at JC level, doing a great job at UTEP.

cardinalhawg

Majerus would be the best on the list if his health could hold up and he could be here long term.

If I were going to pick coaches, I would want Mike K, or Rick Pitino, but that would be shooting for the stars or the impossible (Coach K)  I think Steve Alford would be a good coach for the Hogs, but then that might not be very probable either.

ballhog™

we aren't big time right now, not because we don't have the resources, fan support, or tradition though.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

cardinalhawg

If one wanted a former Nolan assistant, then Scott Edgar might be a better choice.  He was known as a good recruiter.

wishyjoshy

With enough money, we could get Alford.  He would bring discipline and pride back to our program.  That is, if he doesn't go to Indiana.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: cardinalhawg on February 15, 2006, 10:49:38 pm
If one wanted a former Nolan assistant, then Scott Edgar might be a better choice.  He was known as a good recruiter.

Scotty was so bad Duquesne fired him.  I liked him a lot, but his strength, and only strength, was recruiting.

Leave him out of the equation please.

Bacon out...

chiefsfan

We ought to give the guy who is coaching at Bucknell a look.     Our best hope is gonna be to hire someone who had a good year at a midmajor.   Major college coaches probably wont consider us.

And for the last time  MARK FEW IS NOT AVAILABLE!!!!
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

cardinalhawg

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on February 15, 2006, 10:54:10 pm
Quote from: cardinalhawg on February 15, 2006, 10:49:38 pm

Scotty was so bad Duquesne fired him.  I liked him a lot, but his strength, and only strength, was recruiting.

Leave him out of the equation please.

Bacon out...

I thought he had success for a while at Murray State or somewhere before going to Duquesne.  Anyways, I would not be clamoring for the Hogs to hire Edgar, but I do feel that people are a little too high on Anderson.  Anderson might be a good coach, and has turned UAB into a decent team, but what he would do at Arkansas is another thing.  He was here when the program went downhill.

If Heath is let go, I would rather see Broyles or the Committee to shoot for the stars and go for a proven commodity.

PiggoBitttys

We may not any longer be a big time program, but we can offer big time money, we have a big time facility, we have big time fans, we just don't have the coach to make our program big time. We have more to offer than a lot of places.

I am supporting Karl Hobbs, head coach of GW. Former UCONN assistant who helped lead them to 99 national title. Took over GW, and in his 4th season now, has gone from losing seasons to ranked #8 in the nation. I know he has kids in school though, don't know if he'd move them, or if he'd take the job, but I'm sure we could give him a pay raise.

HogInaStrangeLand

Ummm....we looking for someone under the radar who had success at a mid-major?

SOUNDS ODDLY FAMILIAR TO ME....

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: HogInaStrangeLand on February 15, 2006, 11:20:29 pm
Ummm....we looking for someone under the radar who had success at a mid-major?

SOUNDS ODDLY FAMILIAR TO ME....

Like either Nolan or Stan actually.  I just think we need to make sure that this next coach has had more than one year of experience as a head coach before we jump on his bandwagon. 

Bacon out...

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on February 15, 2006, 10:42:05 pm

I'm not worried about finding someone, I'm just worried about us upsetting somebody like Florida, making it to the big dance with this piss-poor basketball team, and saving Heath's butt.

I'm ready to cut bait.

Bacon out...

My thoughts, EXACTLY.

ballhog™

that's the key, i think, more than one successful year under your belt.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Minimum of 4 years experience at current schoo (unless your name is Bruce Pearl).  This will let us know if the guy can recruit, and not just winning with someone else's players.

Track record of steady improvement over that period and achieving the unexpected.  Such as beating teams that are ranked higher and/or successful runs in the post season.

Has a conference road record of .500 or better at a minimum.

Has never coached at Michigan State, or Kent State.

Has the ability to make referees pee in their pants with nothing more than a stare or a few choice words.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

bosshawg38

Jerry Swinefeld

I don't agree.  We are a proven, bigtime program - in the right hands.
It has been proven that you can win it all at Arkansas - the right person could do it again, and do it relatively fast.  There is talent on campus, and any new coach coming in now would be stepping into a MUCH better situation than did Nolan or Stan.
The right guy can win at Arkansas NOW.

tuskavarnna

Nelson Catalina He's doing sportsweek on sundays , but I'll bet he would give up that glory for a chance to coach Ar.I always liked the guy , and his basketball knowledge is deep.
what cannot be remedied must be endured

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: tuskavarnna on February 15, 2006, 11:33:51 pm
Nelson Catalina He's doing sportsweek on sundays , but I'll bet he would give up that glory for a chance to coach Ar.I always liked the guy , and his basketball knowledge is deep.
Nothing against Catalina, but I think we could do better than that!

Sanctified Swine

I am telling you now......Rick Barnes would come to UA...He get no fans support in Austin. I live in Austin adn it is a big point of discussion around here. It is not a secret that Rick is frustrated by it. As much as I hate the horns, Rick is an excellent coach who puts a quality product on the floor.

Sanctified Swine

also wouldn't it be great to stick it to the horns?!

Hogblood

I really wish we could get a pro coach who wants to come back to college if there is a such a thing. Tim Floyd and Larry Brown come to mind. I just saw where Brown is discouraged with the Knicks. I don't want to take a chance on another up and maybe comer maybe not.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Is Tubby gonna get fired?  Hell, I'll take anyone if they'll just friggin WIN!
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Dirk Piggler

I like Beilein from West Virginia. He has them fighting for the top spot in the Big East right now.

J.A.Y.

who are the nba guys that are available?
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.