Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Gruden--MERGED

Started by jbcarol, April 15, 2012, 03:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Quote from: dc10x1103 on November 20, 2012, 07:46:27 am
it is probably not going to be gus malzahn.  he will be the head coach some day, but the bad thing is that we are going to have to watch his success at another school until that day.
get a room with him....
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

HoginIllinois

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Redhogs

Quote from: dc10x1103 on November 20, 2012, 07:46:27 am
it is probably not going to be gus malzahn.  he will be the head coach some day, but the bad thing is that we are going to have to watch his success at another school until that day.
"it is probably not going to be gus malzahn" .....thank god.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

dc10x1103

Quote from: farmhawg on November 20, 2012, 08:17:33 am
knows too many details.
farmhawg, its to early in the morning for bull, so i am going to stick to the actual truth.  there is no cult, no man-love.  it is simply admiration for someone who is a good person, a good coach.  yes, i wanted to see him as our head coach, the only reason was that i felt he would have been a success, as he has been everywhere he has coached.

Hawg Life

HE says only 3 on Hogville don't want Gus!!!! :( ::) ??? ::)

3BoarsDown

Quote from: dc10x1103 on November 20, 2012, 08:25:20 am
who is a good person

That's debatable. He definitely is not the saint his followers make him out to be. Which has no bearing on his coaching abilities.

Catfish John

Bill Cowher HC.  George Patton as OC, Jesus Christ on special teams, and Eddie Money handles all team travel arrangements.
I went to something called brunch, at which a piece of fried chicken became soaked in egg yolk.  My life will never be the same.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Blue35

dc10x1103

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on November 20, 2012, 08:30:33 am
That's debatable. He definitely is not the saint his followers make him out to be. Which has no bearing on his coaching abilities.
and you know this from what rumors you have been exposed to?

DeltaEagle

There are two important points about all of the Gruden discussion:

1. Previous Coach was fired in April. It is November. If Gruden has just been offered the job, it means Jeff Long has done nothing for 7 months.

2. How does Jeff long keep everything so "close to the vest?" Simple- he has not done anything to leak out.

As before- we need to Fire Jeff Long. If he make a great hire I will humbly apologize. It is not going to happen.

The_Iceman

Here is the most important point:

There is a EVERYTHING GRUDEN FORUM!

How hard is that for you people to understand....

UncleFrank

COLOSSAL, EPIC FAIL..............

DeltaEagle

I realize I am a "newbie", ignorant,  and all of that- but my comment is not about Gruden. It is about Jeff Long.

It is in the Coaching Search Rumors forum. I think that is the correct location

I assume next it will be in the Trash. Best Wishes!

stan the man

If in fact Gruden has just been offered then that means the Patterson deal
was never in play

nextlevel

1. Could mean he has struck out on more desirable options and is having to resort to a barely above .500 NFL coach who is a complete unknown on the college level who is only being rumored to have been offered by one source.

2. Who says what is being "leaked" isn't false or being made up?

3. The sun will rise tomorrow.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

DeltaEagle

Part of what I am saying is that the Athletic Department has encouraged all of these stories, rumors, etc because there has been no real action by our AD.

arkansasbred

Quote from: DeltaEagle on November 20, 2012, 09:50:31 am
I realize I am a "newbie", ignorant,  and all of that- but my comment is not about Gruden. It is about Jeff Long.

It needs to be because that's what your post was.

nextlevel

Quote from: DeltaEagle on November 20, 2012, 09:53:13 am
Part of what I am saying is that the Athletic Department has encouraged all of these stories, rumors, etc because there has been no real action by our AD.

That or he just doesn't care what others think/say, he isn't going to let others influence his decisions on hires.

Which is exactly what everyone wanted back during the good ole boy days during Nutt's tenure...
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

razorpimp

Your "fact" that is really your opinion but written to look like a "fact" is in fact stupid

3BoarsDown

Quote from: dc10x1103 on November 20, 2012, 09:45:01 am
and you know this from what rumors you have been exposed to?

Ask people that work for him now or were around him at Auburn.

Bkhardicars

I would bet that JL has probably spent nearly every hour of every day since April on doing something towards the hiring of our next coach.t ;)

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: DeltaEagle on November 20, 2012, 09:45:22 am

1. Previous Coach was fired in April. It is November. If Gruden has just been offered the job, it means Jeff Long has done nothing for 7 months.

2. How does Jeff long keep everything so "close to the vest?" Simple- he has not done anything to leak out.

As before- we need to Fire Jeff Long. If he make a great hire I will humbly apologize. It is not going to happen.
These important, revolutionary points have been made by 1000000000 JL haters

DeltaEagle

Quote from: Bkhardicars on November 20, 2012, 10:16:02 am
I would bet that JL has probably spent nearly every hour of every day since April on doing something towards the hiring of our next coach.t ;)

I understand that is what we would all think- but what if we are just wrong. Given his lack of supervision of the previous coach, hiring JLS, and a lot of other "mistakes"- why would we think he is doing this better? Why is everyone so protective of someone who has not in my opinion performed well?

nextlevel

Quote from: DeltaEagle on November 20, 2012, 10:28:38 am
I understand that is what we would all think- but what if we are just wrong. Given his lack of supervision of the previous coach, hiring JLS, and a lot of other "mistakes"- why would we think he is doing this better? Why is everyone so protective of someone who has not in my opinion performed well?

Jeff Long's job is to run the athletic department, not babysit the football coach.

ell oh ell

DeltaEagle

Quote from: Clay (helmuthjr21) C on November 20, 2012, 10:24:41 am
These important, revolutionary points have been made by 1000000000 JL haters

I doubt that. The more definite rumors are only 2 days old.

What do you want me and others to do- just stop posting and get off the board so you old timers can have it to yourself? I think the points are legitimate.

TheGunther

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 20, 2012, 09:46:22 am
Here is the most important point:

There is a EVERYTHING GRUDEN FORUM!

How hard is that for you people to understand....

What do you mean, you people? Are you mad we are stepping into your country club?

everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

imarazorbackfanman

Quote from: DeltaEagle on November 20, 2012, 09:45:22 am

DeltaEagle

Quote from: TheGunther on November 20, 2012, 10:32:58 am
What do you mean, you people? Are you mad we are stepping into your country club?

Again this has nothing to do with the "G" word.

501hawg

I can understand that you dont like JL. There are many arguments to be made against him. But you cannot honestly believe he has done NOTHING this entire time in terms of our HC search. I can guaruntee you that has been his top priority. Were so close to the end of this whole thing, please just sit back and wait for the announcement and then judge.

Inhogswetrust

Just because you don't and haven't seen action doesn't mean there hasn't been.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

nextlevel

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 20, 2012, 11:09:23 am
Just because you don't and haven't seen action doesn't mean there hasn't been.

Apparently, Jeff Long is suppose to have a live feed on razorvision streaming from his office, but then people will bitch about the 19.99 subscription fee.

ell oh ell

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaEagle on November 20, 2012, 09:50:31 am

IF it is not about Gruden and solely about Jeff then you shouldn't have started a thread where the FiRST sentence in the thread is:

"There are two important points about all of the Gruden discussion:"
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaEagle on November 20, 2012, 10:28:38 am

Lack of supervision? Would YOU go motorcycle riding, sleep with your boss and know for a fact his boss would know. Give me a break. Affairs are covered up everyday all across the world and sometimes it takes an "incident" for anybody to find out.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: nextlevel on November 20, 2012, 11:11:48 am
Apparently, Jeff Long is suppose to have a live feed on razorvision streaming from his office, but then people will bitch about the 19.99 subscription fee.

If  he only charged $19.99 then this year they would set record profits for the athletic department!

SixtySecondsOfPitino

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 20, 2012, 11:14:56 am
Lack of supervision? Would YOU go motorcycle riding, sleep with your boss and know for a fact his boss would know. Give me a break. Affairs are covered up everyday all across the world and sometimes it takes an "incident" for anybody to find out.

The language is English, but I'm still not able to decipher it.

rude1

You said two important points, yet I am still waiting on the first important point you are about to make. Neither position was a valid point, just wild speculation on your part.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: SixtySecondsOfPitino on November 20, 2012, 11:18:03 am
The language is English, but I'm still not able to decipher it.

Sorry I didn't major in English.

SixtySecondsOfPitino

arkbadger

glad you are on the case, good work detective.  now if you could pull the JFK file, I think you should be able to have that one wrapped up by Christmas.
You can keep that skoal baby.

hoghart

Quote from: razorbackid on November 19, 2012, 05:13:32 pm
If true...that is a very nice offer.

It's a damn Grude offer ! 

Gruden
"It is better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it."
Abraham Lincoln

johnny cash

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on November 16, 2012, 08:06:21 pm
True BUT I have already said that I think it is likely that we are in talks with somebody and they want assurances that Long will still be here in the future. No way I leave a good job only to find out the guy that brought me over has been fired for what happened prior to me arriving. That is much more logical than we have already signed Gruden and this is his reward.

Let me break it down like this. We were told a deal is done and waiting on a press conference to announce. Daly is on radio yesterday saying that he is still trying to talk Gruden into it and that they have talked but the ball is in Long's court. So obviously there is no deal. I was then told that Daly went on the radio to force Long into making the announcement and it was all a ruse to get the Long into calling a press conference. NOW we are being told Daly forced Long's hand since he was on the radio yesterday and Long is just now getting a raise and we are to believe that Daly is what got the ball rolling on this? Seriously? You guys should work in politics.

Daly is spinning Danny.....Before he went on the radio, he texted Baz saying its a done deal, Baz read it on air......Daly danced around it on air...

PRJ

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Darth_HOGGER on November 19, 2012, 05:08:43 pm
" Ask not what Gruden can do for you, but Ask what you can do for Gruden "
Now espn Texas is reporting 7 years 43 mil offer according to a caller on dts

Its actually bigger than that....

PRJ

hawgjr

pseudorabies

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on November 22, 2012, 06:28:31 pm
Its actually bigger than that....

PRJ

Its not Gruden and we aren't paying that much for a coach. 

NeverYield

Quote from: pseudorabies on November 22, 2012, 07:08:42 pm
Its not Gruden and we aren't paying that much for a coach.
Breaking News?
"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant