artyhog

artyhog

Vandy 2

Hogs 28
Vandy 23

1:58 left in 1st half..

Hogs time out.

DanTheHogFan

McCurdy is attacking the basket...he missed...but he is attacking.  I like him so far...

DanTheHogFan

imtad16

When Jefferson is in there its like 4 on 5 on the offensive end because he never shoots, plus he never drives to the bucket to either lay it up and in or kick it out....with McCurdy changes both of those things.

Niels Boar

We need to close out the half and step on them.  They will probably play better on O in the second, though they have struggled shooting on the road so far this season.  We've had a great half of D.

artyhog

Brewer rebound and ut back.

Hogs 30
Vandy 23

DanTheHogFan

2-3 zone against us.  We are finished.  No wait...offensive rebound?  2 points hogs!
1:16 left

artyhog

DanTheHogFan

imtad16

Ferguson is shakey sometimes about I love how quick he is.

DanTheHogFan

artyhog

Vandy charge against Townes.

Hog fans going wild!

Hogs 32
Vandy 23

Woo Hoo

The_Bionic_Pig

McCurdy is a crowd favorite.....32 - 23 Vandy turnover and Arkansas ball....crowd is getting loud w/ 46 seconds left...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

rjmass

I was at LSU game, every time McCurdy was in, you could see the intensity on the floor pick up.  Could not understand why he didn't play more.??
Grandpa told me the only two things I  could control in life were my tongue and my word.   To always honor what you say and say what you honor.
He was a wise man.

DanTheHogFan

crowd is loud...finish strong!!! GHG

artyhog

DanTheHogFan

Offensive rebound again!  2more points

artyhog

DanTheHogFan

WOOOOOOOO PIGG!  no shot for vandy at the end!  GO HOGS! 

rjmass

Hope they come out of half and pick up where they are leaving off
Grandpa told me the only two things I  could control in life were my tongue and my word.   To always honor what you say and say what you honor.
He was a wise man.

imtad16

DanTheHogFan

artyhog

Where has this defense been?

It sould like they are all over the Vandy boys.

Fletch

Quote from: rjmass on January 14, 2006, 02:47:23 pm
I was at LSU game, every time McCurdy was in, you could see the intensity on the floor pick up. Could not understand why he didn't play more.??
I feel the same way. I have been screeming for McCurdy more all year. He is quick and can handle the ball. Makes things happen. We will be much better with him in the game over Dontell.
I feel like $100

The_Bionic_Pig

Arkansas 1/2 court defense is very intense (as its been all season) If they could somehow impliment a full court after every scored basket they would wear most of their upcoming opponents out (not quite "40 minutes of hell" but effective)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Spider-Pig

the announcers for Vandy are funny

imtad16

Have any of the Radio guys mentioned what defense Vandy is in? Wonder if they have tried to play 2-3 or 3-2 zone?

Niels Boar

Frontline showed up.  We are solidly winning the inside game.  That's the difference.  Suddenly we are offensive rebounding against a good defensive rebounding team.  This team is so erratic in what it does well.

artyhog

How bad is KY?  Bama beat them  KY 0-3 in conference.  They are not even in the top 25.  When was the last time that happened?

artyhog

Quote from: imtad16 on January 14, 2006, 02:52:21 pm
Have any of the Radio guys mentioned what defense Vandy is in? Wonder if they have tried to play 2-3 or 3-2 zone?

They have been mixing it up.  Zone, man, etc.

RazrHog4Life

Quote from: imtad16 on January 14, 2006, 02:52:21 pm

The Vandy announcers said earlier that they were playing like a matchup zone, and that we were having trouble picking up whether it was a zone or man defense. Although, looking at the halftime score, we haven't done too bad.

imtad16

artyhog

Niels Boar

How 'bout Gottfried?  He has as many SEC road wins this week without his best player as Heath has in his entire career.  May show that SEC road wins aren't exactly hard to come by this season.

artyhog

imtad16

Its good to see us adapt to the zone that everyone inevitably goes to against us

imtad16

Brewer with 8 boards in first half...thats awesome

artyhog

Hogs are 3 for 6 for 3s.

4 of 5 free throws.

Brewer with 8 rebounds

Vandy 10 turnovers Hogs have 9

lunchbox72703

Where's taintlint......haven't heard one little peep out of him for a half ;)

artyhog

How did I loose a Karma for just posting a game thread.  Tuff crowd.

hillbilly

Quote from: artyhog on January 14, 2006, 03:00:04 pm
How did I loose a Karma for just posting a game thread. Tuff crowd.
Who cares?

The_Bionic_Pig

artyhog - Kentucky has lost 3 in a row (lost to Kansas)
imtad16 - Kentucky is 0-2 in Conference
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

RazrHog4Life

Quote from: artyhog on January 14, 2006, 02:53:39 pm
How bad is KY?  Bama beat them  KY 0-3 in conference.  They are not even in the top 25.  When was the last time that happened?

The last time they started 0-2 (which is what they are now) was 2001-2002 season. Not sure if they were in the top 25 at that point or not.

http://kentucky-wildcats.com/Men's%20Basketball/kats01_02.html

artyhog

artyhog

Vandy gets ball to start half.

Hogs 34
Vandy 23

artyhog

Hogs turn it over.

Hogs 34
Vandy 23

artyhog