Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally's Article

Started by hoophawg, September 01, 2011, 10:57:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoophawg

9-3, where are the other 2 losses besides Alabama? somebody get him a step stool so he can see the screen

goporkyourself

yeah, i was wondering that myself.

blyhog

He acts like he is Skip Bayless' retarded half-brother with his comments or what he allows to come out of his mouth

talley

That's not what it said he said he thought we would go 11-1 but if we did go 9-3 then that's a good year w our schedule

MountieDawg

SEC!

GolfnHog

September 01, 2011, 11:19:27 am #5 Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 11:23:18 am by TxRzrbak
Quote from: talley on September 01, 2011, 11:13:13 am
That's not what it said he said he thought we would go 11-1 but if we did go 9-3 then that's a good year w our schedule

Since we are not allowed to copy/paste copyrighted articles, I went back and re-read the article. You show me anywhere in that article wally even wrote, typed or showed 11-1 other than in his picks. Hell, the title is "9-3 Season is About Right for Arkansas".

The closest he gets to saying anything about 11-1 is in the the last paragraph that states: "This is a quick rundown how the season could go, with some luck."

Typical of Wally Hall, he writes an article and puts a title that contradicts the body of what the content was.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

razorjack12

I'll tell you where those 3 losses could come from:

Games in which Arkansas is the underdog:

@Alabama
@LSU

Toss-ups:

aTm
South Carolina

Arkansas favored, but could get upset:

Ole Miss
Miss St.
Auburn
Tennessee

I can easily see us losing 3 games this year, especially with Knile Davis out.

HognitiveDissonance

The other day Wally was basically writing that Petrino healed the sick and the blind and walked on the water, now he thinks 9-3 is ok in a 'peak' year when the Hogs are loaded for bear?

I personally am predicting 10-3 this year so I'm ok with the prediction. However, I have huge problems with Wally's inconsistency and personal vendettas. If a three-loss team is ok 'because of the schedule' then we're no better off than we were in the previous regime. Duh...it's always about the tough schedule in the SEC. Always has been, always will be.

SultanofSwine

What was hard to comprehend about 9-3 being a reasonable expectation and with a little luck 11-1 is possible? Do you struggle with the directions on instant gravy when it says add water?

MemphisBossHog

September 01, 2011, 12:06:29 pm #9 Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 12:09:37 pm by MemphisBossHog
Well it really doesnt matter now what Wally said because Rick Reilly has cursed the Hogs with his anointing as national champs over OU.
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/6909449/saints-razorbacks-win-all

So we all can rest easy. Its going to be a Razorback year!!  LOL

****edit, I see there has already been a long thread about this. My bad. Pardon the redundancy.

Hogdude72

Quote from: hoophawg on September 01, 2011, 10:57:42 am
9-3, where are the other 2 losses besides Alabama? somebody get him a step stool so he can see the screen
Typical idiotic article by the "wee one". Maybe he could use one of those step ladders being kept down at OM.

SEdrhawg

I would like to win 11, and I think 11 wins is within the realm of possibility if the ball bounces our way.  But, I would be happy with 9 wins this year considering the circumstances.

bennyl08

Quote from: SEdrhawg on September 01, 2011, 12:11:28 pm
I would like to win 11, and I think 11 wins is within the realm of possibility if the ball bounces our way.  But, I would be happy with 9 wins this year considering the circumstances.
What circumstances? That we still have the best DL in the SEC, a very solid LB corp of starters, good enough corners and some very good talent at safety? That we have one of the best kicker/punter duos in the country our all time leading kickoff returner (who might miss the first game or two), an All-SEC punt returner, and a solid backup returner in Wade? That we have the best WR corp in the country, a qb who's in his fourth year of the system who has shown he can pass, even when abruptly called to duty against the natl. champions (whose secondary was not their strength, but had the best DL in the country)? That we have one of the most talented (if experienced) OL's that I've seen at Arkansas (I haven't been watching much more than 10 years) and 3 rb's that are all capable of being SEC calibre backs.

Yes we have depth issues in the secondary, have an inexperienced OL, and lost Knile Davis, one of the top players in the country. But if you consider that those are our only problems, we have solid talent at rb that may not be considered elite, last season, nobody would have blinked if Knile was injured preseason. Who's to say that one or more of our rb's won't equally impress this year? As for OL, they have 3 warm up games, get to practice against the best DL they will face this year, and are very talented. We still had plenty of holes with two freshman last year, I believe we can do the same this year.

Is it possible to lose 3, yes, but some crazy $h1t will have to happen (i.e. some major injuries to us and Cam Newton Jr. to come up from the ashes). For a normal season, whatever that means, I feel we lost two at most, and with a little bit of luck, 14-0 is possible.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

CoachPetrinoFan

SEdrhawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 01, 2011, 02:39:37 pm
What circumstances? That we still have the best DL in the SEC, a very solid LB corp of starters, good enough corners and some very good talent at safety? That we have one of the best kicker/punter duos in the country our all time leading kickoff returner (who might miss the first game or two), an All-SEC punt returner, and a solid backup returner in Wade? That we have the best WR corp in the country, a qb who's in his fourth year of the system who has shown he can pass, even when abruptly called to duty against the natl. champions (whose secondary was not their strength, but had the best DL in the country)? That we have one of the most talented (if experienced) OL's that I've seen at Arkansas (I haven't been watching much more than 10 years) and 3 rb's that are all capable of being SEC calibre backs.

Yes we have depth issues in the secondary, have an inexperienced OL, and lost Knile Davis, one of the top players in the country. But if you consider that those are our only problems, we have solid talent at rb that may not be considered elite, last season, nobody would have blinked if Knile was injured preseason. Who's to say that one or more of our rb's won't equally impress this year? As for OL, they have 3 warm up games, get to practice against the best DL they will face this year, and are very talented. We still had plenty of holes with two freshman last year, I believe we can do the same this year.

Is it possible to lose 3, yes, but some crazy $h1t will have to happen (i.e. some major injuries to us and Cam Newton Jr. to come up from the ashes). For a normal season, whatever that means, I feel we lost two at most, and with a little bit of luck, 14-0 is possible.

I want 14-0 just as bad as the next guy, believe me.  But we can't ignore certain issues that everyone else outside of Arkansas has no problem seeing.

1.  You are replacing perhaps the best QB in school history.  Love him or hate him, he was good.  Is Tyler Wilson capable, yes but he has yet to prove it on the field.  He had 1 great half of football against an atrocious secondary in a game in which we were trailing and you want to anoint him the next Dan Marino?  BTW, he threw 2 pics in that game also to go with his 300+ yards and 4 TDs.  4 years in the system is not equal to game experience.

2. Our all SEC RB is gone for the year, a backup that contributed playing time last year is gone for the year..... so we will be relying on a highly touted, and talented RB with all the tools that has yet to confirm that he can translate these talents into consistent production in the SEC.  Your other major contributors are another former blue chip recruit that hasn't cracked the depth chart at RB since freshman year and a undersized guy that is coming off of major injury.  Surely you see these concerns???

3. At WR will are LOADED.... Childs is coming off of knee surgery, but even without him we still have the best receiving corp in the nation.

4. At TE you are replacing the Mackey award winner.... more concerns

5.  On OL.... yeah the interior OL is the most talented and best that I have seen in a LONG time here.  But what about the tackles???  We will rely on a guy that played Arkansas high school competition and another that played JUCO competition last year to be starters and/or serious contributors.  The thought of breaking in a new starter at QB, while simultaneously breaking in 2 new OT starters frightens me.

6.  DL.... you are right, we are loaded here too.  Probably the best in the SEC here too.

7.  LB.... Jerry Franklin is a stub.... Atiga could be good, highsmith could be good but both are still yet to play a single down of D1 football..... who else gets you so excited???

8.  CB.... Winston has all the tools, but has been kind of blah on the field in his 2 years.  Once again, same song second verse.  Jerico Nelson is an absolute stud, and Madison is a SR this year so the secondary should be solid.... Note I said "should be" .... All-world talent, but still needs to prove it on the field.

9.  Safeties.... we are in good hands here with Ford and Thomas.

10.  Special teams.... K is all-SEC material, P is capable, returners are electric.  Could be a special year here too.

So to recap we have "concerns" or unproven players at QB, RB, TE, OT, 1 LB spot, CB.  I doubt we can go through 14 games without one of these "concerns" getting exploited at least once.  Just being realistic.

rzrbaxfan

Who is Robert Shields Wally Hall?