Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did Gus Malzahn mean when he told LRTC if the right coaching staff

Started by CorningHog, October 22, 2005, 11:18:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CorningHog

were to be open for him.  Did he mean a new staff or certain changes to the current Arkansas team.  I think it helped this year in one sense that Florida has kind of underachieved.  I was afraid that Meyer would steal Malzahn from us.  He might still come at him hard and try and pick up Mustain as well.

The thing that needs to happen is Butch Davis be named the new Arkansas coach shortly after loss #6 this year and that Houston is allowed to finish the season.  This would enable Gus & Butch to get things in order and salvage this recruiting year.  From November 6th on Butch could begin finding his coaching staff and begin recruiting visits.  He could dispell the rumors about who was staying and who was going as far as staff changes.  Then, hit the road recruiting and hiring assistants before December 10th.  Take the full staff out and hit that pavement hard across the south and east and midwest.  Davis has contacts in the Ohio region as well and of course he has them in Florida, Texas and Oklahoma.  This will hopefully begin to stabilize Arkansas' program and excite the team to work hard in the offseason.  All in all, a new breath of fresh air and decidedly better knowledge and leadership at the top.

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

jeffshogs

Get your bird dog butt up and down the court!

HoggerNocker

Doesn't matter, Nutt will be the coach next year.  Malzahn will be on staff!