Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how do you feel now about closed practices?

Started by pork-e-pine, October 22, 2005, 07:08:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pork-e-pine

I used to be for it.  I thought whatever it takes to win.  But now I realize that I have a hard time questioning nutt.  I have no clue as to what the other QB's are like.  I don't know how second teamers look. 
How can I support nutt(a difficult proposition already) if i cant see that ROJO is the best. 
If I could see Hillis catching every punt in practice and fish dropping every punt then maybe it would make more  sense to me.  If I saw them trying deep passes and failing in practice then maybe I would say, your right houston this is all we got so lets live with it and hope for a future. 
But as is I believe there is better talent than what we have.  IF we had open practices he could prove me wrong.  I might be forced to say man nutts doing great with what he has. 
Please note that this would not absolve him from the guilt of not recruiting good talent it would just make me understand better.
I have officially changed my opinion.  Open up practice lets see what they are doing on the hill.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

beachhawg

The reason they are closed is so others won't steal our 1st five plays of the each game!

pork-e-pine

is it bad to say i think they got them anyhow?
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

WilsonHog

I'm all for 'em.

Hell, I wish the games were closed.

pork-e-pine

Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

razorback4life

If I have learned anything from going to the practices its that there is a lot of standing around, we do have a better QB in Dick than RJ, there is a lot of standing around, we have some unmotivated kids on our team to the sense that some are going through the motions but have given up on these coaches, there is a lot of standing around, I dont see a lot of work on running plays over and over and over again, there is a lot of standing around, there is not a lot of discipline going on that needs to, and did I mention that there is a lot of standing around.

mikeirwin

Quote from: pork-e-pine on October 22, 2005, 07:08:54 pm
I used to be for it. I thought whatever it takes to win. But now I realize that I have a hard time questioning nutt. I have no clue as to what the other QB's are like. I don't know how second teamers look.
How can I support nutt(a difficult proposition already) if i cant see that ROJO is the best.
If I could see Hillis catching every punt in practice and fish dropping every punt then maybe it would make more sense to me. If I saw them trying deep passes and failing in practice then maybe I would say, your right houston this is all we got so lets live with it and hope for a future.
But as is I believe there is better talent than what we have. IF we had open practices he could prove me wrong. I might be forced to say man nutts doing great with what he has.
Please note that this would not absolve him from the guilt of not recruiting good talent it would just make me understand better.
I have officially changed my opinion. Open up practice lets see what they are doing on the hill.
Congratulations on an extremely intelligent observation.
This floated over the heads of a great many people on this board last August when I was so upset about it.
Mostly what I read were dumb comments like, YOU'RE JUST MAD BECAUSE HE TOOK SOMETHING AWAY FROM YOU.
Or
WHAT DO WE LEARN FROM PRACTICE REPORTS ANYWAY ?
Well, as pork-e-pine has pointed out we would know today if there was something about RJ that makes him clearly the best choice at QB. We might have an idea why HDN keeps insisting on Hillis as a punt returner even though mainly Hillis either allows the ball to bounce inside the 10 or he drops the ball.
There is a reason why HDN decided to close to practice and if some of you still believe it was so the players could CONCENTRATE better consider yourself an official Kool Aid drinker.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: pork-e-pine on October 22, 2005, 07:08:54 pmhow do you feel now about closed practices?

Winners don't have to hide behind a tarp.

Boared

Opening up practice for the fans is the least he could do since we have nothing else to look forward to the rest of the season. It's a small bone to give the fans, but it's something.

Fletch

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 22, 2005, 07:24:31 pm
Quote from: pork-e-pine on October 22, 2005, 07:08:54 pm
I used to be for it. I thought whatever it takes to win. But now I realize that I have a hard time questioning nutt. I have no clue as to what the other QB's are like. I don't know how second teamers look.
If I could see Hillis catching every punt in practice and fish dropping every punt then maybe it would make more sense to me. If I saw them trying deep passes and failing in practice then maybe I would say, your right houston this is all we got so lets live with it and hope for a future.
But as is I believe there is better talent than what we have. IF we had open practices he could prove me wrong. I might be forced to say man nutts doing great with what he has.
I have officially changed my opinion. Open up practice lets see what they are doing on the hill.
Congratulations on an extremely intelligent observation.
This floated over the heads of a great many people on this board last August when I was so upset about it.
Mostly what I read were dumb comments like, YOU'RE JUST MAD BECAUSE HE TOOK SOMETHING AWAY FROM YOU.
Or
WHAT DO WE LEARN FROM PRACTICE REPORTS ANYWAY ?
Well, as pork-e-pine has pointed out we would know today if there was something about RJ that makes him clearly the best choice at QB. We might have an idea why HDN keeps insisting on Hillis as a punt returner even though mainly Hillis either allows the ball to bounce inside the 10 or he drops the ball.
There is a reason why HDN decided to close to practice and if some of you still believe it was so the players could CONCENTRATE better consider yourself an official Kool Aid drinker.
It still doesn't matter if practices are closed or open to me. I wouldn't be going to see if my observation of the team was better than the coaching staffs observation of the team anyway. Maybe some of you would and have that special talent to do so but I still don't understand what it would change other than confirm what we see on the field on Saturdays. I could care less if they fire Nutt but I don't care who the coach is or how the team performs it is still his choice on whether or not to close practice. If that makes me a kool-aid drinker that's o.k.
I feel like $100

GrizzledHogFan

I've never liked the closed practices, and I still don't.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

lunchbox72703

wow, Mike irwin brought out the "Kool Aid" remark.  Mike...are you tired of the program now?  ;)