RJ's #'s for the Georgia game.....

Started by John Futrall, October 22, 2005, 07:00:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

John Futrall

Arkansas Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int  
R. Johnson 11 20 103 55.0 5.2 2 15 0 1   :puke: :puke: :puke:
This will NOT get it done...

LA HAWG

I called for Johnson's sorry tail to be benched after the USC game and everyone on here treated me like I was the dumbest person on the board.  Looks like everyone agrees now.  How many passes did he have batted down today not to mention the near INTs.  Terrible.

corndo

Nice guy, bad QB - time for a change. The question is will Houston see it that way???

HoggerNocker

Quote from: LA HAWG on October 22, 2005, 07:03:13 pm
I called for Johnson's sorry tail to be benched after the USC game and everyone on here treated me like I was the dumbest person on the board. Looks like everyone agrees now. How many passes did he have batted down today not to mention the near INTs. Terrible.
Not everyone, I thought he should have been benched after Vandy.  His decision making is horrible.  I think he has the physical skills to be a SEC QB.  Maybe someday he will be a good QB, but he is currently a terrible QB.

Mason

We went from having a QB who was one of the best scrambling QB's ever in the SEC to a qb who can't find his way out the pocket with lighted exit signs and a roadmap.  He finally avoids the blitz and waits until he's past the line of scrimmage to get rid of the friggin ball.  Johnson is lousy.  It would not surprise me if he did not finish his eligibililty here (i.e. Burks, Reed).
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading.  The few who learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.----Will Rogers

CorningHog

There are obvious problems with his decision making.  He forgot that when you are behind the line of scrimmage and a rush is coming, you throw the ball out of bounds towards a receiver.  He can't handle the basics.  If it was one isolated mistake, that is one thing.  He has trouble with things that most H.S. players can provide.

I have to admit, I was one that felt even after the USC game that he was not the problem.  There had been some receivers dropping passes.  He made some mistakes, but against Vandy, it was not all on him.  Nutt lost that one with the running back decision and the play calls.

USC, stupid gameplan and we basically waved the white flag after it was 28-7.  So forget judging that one too.

But, against Alabama, he was terrible.  He throws such a low trajectory pass, nearly a straight line and sometimes even downward like a pitcher in baseball.  He made terrible decisions in the passing game many times.

Then, against ULM he made even more bad throws and mistakes, it kind of told what was coming in the future, even though we won the game, the passing was pathetic

Auburn, again, more bad decisions and poor choices.  Bad throws too, a few drops by the receivers.

Today, he really showed me that he is not progressing.  He has no poise in the pocket and actually wants to rush making his read and when he sees who he is throwing to, or even finds an open receiver, he looks for a while and throws, giving the defense plenty to see.  Now, he is not helped by the fact that in today's offense, we eliminated one of our receivers most of the time by adding many "motion" moves by the receiver coming by the QB and RB to possibly receive the pitch.  This one looked incredibly high schoolish and really did nothing to cause Georgia's defense to worry about a handoff.  They were playing the run first anyway.  Nutt still can't develop a passing game, still can't help his QB and quite frankly doesn't even put his best players on the field most of the time.  A new QB has to happen or we can be staring at a 1-7 record in the SEC, which in my opinion is likely.

Robert Johnson is not ready, and I don't know if any of our other QB's are either, but it is time to find out.  Nutt's predicament is his political skills are limited to bluffing the fans.  He is afraid to be stern with the players and starting and benching others.  That is why we saw Peyton Hillis fumble two punt returns.  He has no business being back there, but since his role as a running back has diminished, he probably has to be back there to make up for the lost touches.

Time for a change in coaching!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"