Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

this is gonna hurt.....

Started by bigpigpimpin, October 22, 2005, 05:46:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

do you guys realize that we are 1 player away from being 5-2 this year instead of 2-5, and we would be looking at 8-3 and a cotton bowl berth! If we only had a decent qb.  ::)

kratter

If "if's" & "but's" were candy & Nutt's, we'd all have a national title.
Aim for Greatness, you'll reach Greatness at best, Mediocrity at worst.
Aim for Mediocrity, you'll reach Mediocrity at best, Failure at worst.
-Kratter, 2004

pork-e-pine

I think that you are right.  IF we had a better QB we would be better.  If we had a better defense we would be better.  Fact is we have this QB and this defense.  There is no way around it.  We did not prepare for Matts graduation.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

Razorback Jedi

At the very least, we were Daren Mcfaddened out of a victory against Vandy.

As to the other losses.... Pure conjecture.

pork-e-pine

I think mustain will start next year but I am sad that we will be in a spot where we don't have a good option at QB.  We should have a few decent QB's all of the time.  How did we go 4 years without recuiting even one. (assuming that ROJO is the best)
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

LA HAWG

If we had a better coach we would be better.

RebelliousHog

I was thinking the same thing. We should have won every game we lost except USC. Really and truly we could just as easily be 6-1. With just a little imaginative play calling this could have happened. I think this is why the argument that we are rebuilding doesn't ring right with me. Call it RJs fault or poor playcalling and RJ is just not experienced enough to check out of it (ala Stoerner/Jones) we mostly have/had the tools to be winning games. The biggest negative (not counting the QB problem) is the lack of depth in the Oline.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

rathog1

I posted this before but what the heck why not again?

You're the coach, you have a senior QB on a team that's not very good, your backup and future starter is a redshirt freshman. Over/Under How many pass attempts do you want your future starter to get? What would be your optimal number?
Hogking 7-09-05
11:42:25 PM
this will be a 1998 type season maybe better

RebelliousHog

It's a moot point. HDN chose NOT to give RoJo much PT. I don't know that it would have mattered. I criticize not working RoJos a$$ off in the off-season getting him ready to play this year. He shows very little teaching being done to him.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

lumphog

'IF' we were really good, we could WIN