Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The SEC sucks

Started by Hog Bounty Hunter, October 22, 2005, 05:01:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Bounty Hunter

Big Ten, Big 12 ACC and the Pac 10 are all better than the SEC.  The SEC is average top to bottom, this is the reason we can play Georgia close, get beat by Vandy and get compeltely stomped by USC.  The SEC is overrated. Right now Bama and Tenn are tied 0-0, we scored on Bama. Come'on all you SEC koolaid drinkers, your conference sucks.

Macgyver_Hawg

Has been for a couple seasons.  That's why we couldn't afford to have bad seasons with the rest of the Conference.  They can recover.  We can't.

corndo

The Big 12 - are you kidding???

Hog Bounty Hunter

October 22, 2005, 05:59:31 pm #3 Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 06:01:29 pm by Hog Bounty Hunter
Quote from: corndo on October 22, 2005, 05:57:51 pm

No, I'm not .  The SEC is average from top to bottom, there is not a team in the conference that deserves a top 10 ranking, not one.  Texas would absolutely stomp the every living dog crap out of any SEC school. I doubt any school could beat Texas Tech either.

pork-e-pine

the only good team in the big 12 this year is Texas. 
The only good team in the pac 10 is USC.
We played georgia close because their QB got hurt before he could run away with the game. 
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

corndo

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 22, 2005, 05:59:31 pm

No, I'm not .  The SEC is average from top to bottom, there is not a team in the conference that deserves a top 10 ranking, not one. Texas would absolutely stomp the every living dog crap out of any SEC school. I doubt any school could beat Texas Tech either.

I usually agree with you, but not this time. I live in Texas and watch the Big 12 all the time. Trust me, the Big 12 is horrible this year. Texas is a great team but

no one else is any good. Texas just beat TT 52-17. They have the easiest path to the NC game I've ever seen.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: pork-e-pine on October 22, 2005, 06:05:12 pm
the only good team in the big 12 this year is Texas.
The only good team in the pac 10 is USC.
We played georgia close because their QB got hurt before he could run away with the game.

The only good team in the SEC is nobody. 

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: corndo on October 22, 2005, 06:08:11 pm
Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 22, 2005, 05:59:31 pm

No, I'm not . The SEC is average from top to bottom, there is not a team in the conference that deserves a top 10 ranking, not one. Texas would absolutely stomp the every living dog crap out of any SEC school. I doubt any school could beat Texas Tech either.

I usually agree with you, but not this time. I live in Texas and watch the Big 12 all the time. Trust me, the Big 12 is horrible this year. Texas is a great team but

no one else is any good. Texas just beat TT 52-17. They have the easiest path to the NC game I've ever seen.

Yeah I know but I don't think the best in SEC is anywhere near as good as Texas, I think if you but Bama or Georgia up against TExas you would see the same kind of result that Texas Tech had.

pork-e-pine

But you have to rate the conference top to bottom.  The sec has fewer weaker links...even this year.  Texas would beat any SEC team this year 2 out of 3 times but who is next?  Oklahoma?  We are better than the big 12.  We may not have a showstopping team this year but we are more solid from top to bottom.  Note: this does not make me feel good about the Hogs sucking it up big time but if we are going to suck id rather suck in the sec than the big 12.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: pork-e-pine on October 22, 2005, 06:22:43 pm
But you have to rate the conference top to bottom. The sec has fewer weaker links...even this year. Texas would beat any SEC team this year 2 out of 3 times but who is next? Oklahoma? We are better than the big 12. We may not have a showstopping team this year but we are more solid from top to bottom. Note: this does not make me feel good about the Hogs sucking it up big time but if we are going to suck id rather suck in the sec than the big 12.

If you look at the bottom, Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky, Vandy and Miss st and compare that too Baylor, Ou, K St, Kansas and Iowa St I would say the Big 12 bottom is better than the SEC's.

pork-e-pine

You could be right but i don't think so.  Vandy probably beats all of those teams this year.  and the rest are a wash.  The rest of the SEC beats the big 12 handily.  I say line them up head to head and its SEC 7 games to 5.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: pork-e-pine on October 22, 2005, 06:37:14 pm
You could be right but i don't think so. Vandy probably beats all of those teams this year. and the rest are a wash. The rest of the SEC beats the big 12 handily. I say line them up head to head and its SEC 7 games to 5.

Hard to say for sure, but we can agree that this SEC superiority is a bunch of crap. 

Gman

Hunter, come on.  We all know the SEC is down and maybe a bit overrated.  But the Big 10 has to be the most overrated conference.  Just look what NW did to MSU today, those team are not top 25 teams.  Then again, Tenn isn't either.  I think theses teams get way too much emphasis put on what they have done in the past.  And not to defend Georgia, but would we have even been in the game if they had not lost thier starting QB?

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Gman on October 22, 2005, 06:47:29 pm
Hunter, come on. We all know the SEC is down and maybe a bit overrated. But the Big 10 has to be the most overrated conference. Just look what NW did to MSU today, those team are not top 25 teams. Then again, Tenn isn't either. I think theses teams get way too much emphasis put on what they have done in the past. And not to defend Georgia, but would we have even been in the game if they had not lost thier starting QB?

You hit on the main point, the teams with the experience at Qb are the best. Now Northwestern does have a good team, not great but good.  Ohio State is very good along with Wisconson. Iowa is also good, I think this year they are better than the SEC.  The best conference could very well be the ACC.

pork-e-pine

I think that the sec is the best conference in every sport except wrestling and lately basketball.  That being said, we are not far and away the best at football.  Every year there is some conference steps up to challenge the sec football for #1 but the fact that we have to be mentioned every year speaks volumes. 
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: pork-e-pine on October 22, 2005, 06:55:57 pm
I think that the sec is the best conference in every sport except wrestling and lately basketball. That being said, we are not far and away the best at football. Every year there is some conference steps up to challenge the sec football for #1 but the fact that we have to be mentioned every year speaks volumes.

Maybe, I just don't see it this year.

corndo

The problem is that polls are subjective. TT is clearly not the #7 team in the country and Georgia is probably not #4. - All the more reason we need a playoff in college football.

pork-e-pine

It is hard to see any bright spots this year.  (possible exceptions; nutt getting fired, amazing freshman runners, recruiting of mustain)  So am with you there.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

Niels Boar

Shockingly enough the ACC may be the toughest conference this season from top to bottom.  I agree that the SEC sucks.  The only reason SEC teams are ranked so highly is that the polls assume that an SEC team with less than 2 losses must be very good. That's a dubious assumption this season.  UGA, when healthy, is better than they showed today, but let's not forget that a mediocre South Carolina team had them on the ropes in Athens too when they were healthy.  The best SEC nonconference wins are Arizona St. (getting blown out by Stanford today), Southern Miss, and Boise St.  None of those has shown themselves to be much better than ordinary.  UAB took UT to the wire.  Middle Diddle beat Vandy at home. 

The sad thing is that this year was a golden opportunity for Arkansas.  UGA and Bama both had "upset me" stamped on their foreheads.  We could have obliged them with mere competency in the passing attack.  With McFadden on the field against Vandy, 3-0 wasn't a reach. 

Nutt_Hate_Me

The SEC is down as evidenced by that defensive struggle between TN and Alabama.  The game was a snoozer until about 5 min left in the 4th.

That's what makes our decline that much more pitiful.  This is the type of year we should be able to take advantage of and win our once a decade conference championship.  It would be there for the taking this year if we had any kind of offense at all.  No one is head and shoulders above the rest.
It's great to be home.

BigoBoys

You must be drunk.  If the SEC is that bad why are they the only thing on TV? 

merccedes

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 22, 2005, 06:26:37 pm
Quote from: pork-e-pine on October 22, 2005, 06:22:43 pm
But you have to rate the conference top to bottom. The sec has fewer weaker links...even this year. Texas would beat any SEC team this year 2 out of 3 times but who is next? Oklahoma? We are better than the big 12. We may not have a showstopping team this year but we are more solid from top to bottom. Note: this does not make me feel good about the Hogs sucking it up big time but if we are going to suck id rather suck in the sec than the big 12.

If you look at the bottom, Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky, Vandy and Miss st and compare that too Baylor, Ou, K St, Kansas and Iowa St I would say the Big 12 bottom is better than the SEC's.
You conveniently left out osu who hasnt beaten anyone

HawgAlude

and who puts more players into the NFL then any other conference? The SEC is the minor leaques of the NFL....

e_dub

I would not go as far to say the SEC is worse than the Big 12 or Big East(most have already forgotten about them anyway).  Those conferences are pretty bare, except for Tejas in the Big 12.  Tech is overrated and OU can barely handle Baylor. 

lumphog

But, damb the SEC has some great DEFENSES

Hoggam's Razor

Stop drinking............this has to be your worst post in awhile.
I hate it when people complain.

Killean

Texas would have at least 2 losses this year if they played in the SEC east.

Texas is PERENIALLY overrated.  That's why an Arkansas team that struggles in the SEC can beat them at Austin then fumble away a chance to beat them again in RRS.

Part of me hopes Texas does make it to face USC in the title game.  They'll get WAXED.

Top to bottom the SEC is harder to play in than any other conference.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 22, 2005, 05:01:19 pm
Big Ten, Big 12 ACC and the Pac 10 are all better than the SEC. The SEC is average top to bottom, this is the reason we can play Georgia close, get beat by Vandy and get compeltely stomped by USC. The SEC is overrated. Right now Bama and Tenn are tied 0-0, we scored on Bama. Come'on all you SEC koolaid drinkers, your conference sucks.

I think the Big 12 is terribly overrated. Texas is a [CENSORED] joke.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

corndo

Quote from: Nutt_Hate_Me on October 22, 2005, 07:49:35 pm
The SEC is down as evidenced by that defensive struggle between TN and Alabama. The game was a snoozer until about 5 min left in the 4th.

That's what makes our decline that much more pitiful. This is the type of year we should be able to take advantage of and win our once a decade conference championship. It would be there for the taking this year if we had any kind of offense at all. No one is head and shoulders above the rest.

Just b/c there have been some low scoring games, does not mean that those teams are not good. Defense wins championships and the SEC has 6 teams in the

top 20 (statistically) in total defense. This is an argument that won't be settled untill bowl time. We will then see how the SEC stacks up against other quality

opponents from other conferences. - that's one good thing about Ark not playing in a bowl, that would be one loss for the SEC right there.