Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Springdale Mercy Rule

Started by TulsaHogFan, October 21, 2005, 10:19:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHogFan

Can someone please explain it to me.  I have never had it fully explianed.  Is it when they go up 40, game over?  What exactly are the rules to it.

Thanks

g.lynn

When there is a 35 point difference, the clock does not stop.  It's only applicable during the 2nd half.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

There is nothing wrong with the Hogs, that cannot be cured by what is right with the Hogs!

razorvette

35 point lead in the 2nd half and the clock doesn't stop, except for timeouts and after scores.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: razorvette on October 21, 2005, 10:28:56 pm
35 point lead in the 2nd half and the clock doesn't stop, except for timeouts and after scores.

Has it been utilized in every Springdale game this year?

DOGALUM

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 21, 2005, 10:30:32 pm

[/quote

Every game except the Evangel game.  The only reason it wasn't used there, is that they played it in Louisiana and there is no mercy rule in that state.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 21, 2005, 10:34:02 pm

[/quote

Every game except the Evangel game. The only reason it wasn't used there, is that they played it in Louisiana and there is no mercy rule in that state.

I don't think they have the mercy rule here in Oklahoma either.  Could be wrong on that.

TulsaHawg

Hey Dogalum, does Coach Williams attend any of the Springdale games?

OklaU

There is NO mercy rule in OK.  The good part is, that younger players get to play.  The bad part is, the game goes on for too long and people get home earlier.  In some ways, I like the mercy rule...it's gets old watching a beating.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

DOGALUM

By the way......and I'm sure you've already read it......but I wouldn't hold my self as a true Springdale fan if I didn't say it again.

Mitch Mustain was awesome tonight......as was the rest of the Springdale team.

And not to start another argument, but Kodi Burns is nowhere close to even being in the same league as Mitch.  This guy is unlike any high school QB I've ever seen.......and I've seen Berlin, Sanchez, Leak, and several others.  At this point in his game.....he is far ahead of any kid I've seen. 
Anyone in the Fort Smith area owes it to themselves to travel to Northside next week to watch this Springdale team play.   Truly amazing!!!!

DOGALUM

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 21, 2005, 10:41:06 pm
He has from time to time over the last few years....though I haven't seen him this year.  I'm sure he's been at some games though.  He usually watches from the top of the visitors press box.  I'll look for him at the Rogers game in 2 weeks.

aven30

He was at the Jenks game, standing down in front of the reserved section, I asked him (jokingly) if he was now an usher.

I thought I was going to have to do up-downs and 40's for the question.

DOGALUM

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 22, 2005, 12:46:50 am
Quote from: DOGALUM on October 21, 2005, 10:45:53 pm
By the way......and I'm sure you've already read it......but I wouldn't hold my self as a true Springdale fan if I didn't say it again.

Mitch Mustain was awesome tonight......as was the rest of the Springdale team.

And not to start another argument, but Kodi Burns is nowhere close to even being in the same league as Mitch. This guy is unlike any high school QB I've ever seen.......and I've seen Berlin, Sanchez, Leak, and several others. At this point in his game.....he is far ahead of any kid I've seen.
Anyone in the Fort Smith area owes it to themselves to travel to Northside next week to watch this Springdale team play. Truly amazing!!!!

Easy now, Springdale played Van Buren (1-8, 0-5 AAAAA-West) tonight. Being awesome against Van Buren isn't that difficult. And being awesome against the Northside defense next week might not be all that difficult since the Grizzlies gave up 528 yards of offense to Russellville tonight.

Kodi's just a junior right now. He'll improve between now and his senior year. And he'll be a fine D1 QB.
I'm not trying to bash Burns......he's a fine athlete.  My post was more of a pro-Mitch post, not anti-Kodi.  Personally, I've not been impressed with Burns, but I've only seen him twice. 
Don't knock the Northside defense too much......Russellville, when clicking, has a heck of a good offensive football team.  Springdale gave up over 300 yds passing to Crainor (sp?). 

Razorback Jedi

Mustain/Malazahn for President in 2008.

HogDodging

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 21, 2005, 10:41:06 pm

I saw Coach Williams at the Bentonville game last week.  He was on the visitor's side.

preunions

I would love to send Jerral W. a GetGusOnTheHill.com t-shirt, but he is still behind Mattingly, Mustain, Gus himself, Damian and Jesse Ventura for free shirts. Thats why I need everyone to buy one- wanna see them at Northside this week!

I would have loved to play for Malzahn instead of Williams- but I would still have the same position coach which would still suck...