Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Mcfadden rush for 1000 yards this year?

Started by ejay286, October 21, 2005, 06:24:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ejay286

He is averaging 82 yards per game which projects him at 902 yards this season, considering he has been getting much more than that lately i think he will do it.

GorillaJMonsoon

If Nutt had played him in the Vandy game he might have had a chance, and the Hogs might have won the game. 

Boarcephus

Don't know about a thousand but he has a great chance to break the freshman rushing record set by cobbs.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ejay286

it would be difficult but not impossible, he has to average just a little above 100 yards for the rest of the season to get 1000, if he rushed for exactly 100 for the rest of the season he would have 992

Boarcephus

The frosh record is approx 700 yards, actually a little less, I think.   Since Nutt is wilting on all fronts, save the playcalling person, DM may very well hit a 1000 this year and could easily become the leading rusher in UofA history. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hogapalooza on October 21, 2005, 09:46:17 pm
I think D. M would have made it easy, if HDN would have used him against vandy!!!

FIRE HDN!!!

What is his average number of carries a game?  Sorry i know i could find it myself, just thought some of you might have it off hand.  Cause he only got what 13 carries last week?

Tejano Jawg

It would be nice if McF got a thousand yds. Just to give us some bright spot this season. He'll have a great career here. Of course, he could go pro early.

Does anyone know if Ben Cowins still has the overall rushing record at UA?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Mr A Ziffell

if the young man was used right....i'm so surprised there is a bright spot to this season...but our fresh. tailbacks are...ashamed of the rest..if we could recruit other positions we might be good or better than good...i'm so sad....

GrizzledHogFan

Sorry, but I don't see him breaking the 1000 yard mark.  I do think he'll set the freshman rushing record though.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on October 21, 2005, 10:13:46 pm
Quote from: hogapalooza on October 21, 2005, 09:46:17 pm
I think D. M would have made it easy, if HDN would have used him against vandy!!!

FIRE HDN!!!

What is his average number of carries a game? Sorry i know i could find it myself, just thought some of you might have it off hand. Cause he only got what 13 carries last week?

He's averaged just over 9 carries per game so far.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

corndo

I believe he'll fall a little short, but he is and will continue to have a great season!

Mr A Ziffell

Quote from: corndo on October 22, 2005, 12:45:21 am
I believe he'll fall a little short, but he is and will continue to have a great season!
agree w/ya

silvertip

I think he could easily get 1000. He's only played in 5 games to get his 492. The 5 teams we've played so far have an average run defense nationally of about 40th.
The average nat'l rank of the next 5 run defenses we'll play is about 41st. So it's not getting any harder to run the ball.

UGA ranks 8th in run D. But they have played a bunch of very weak running teams. Plus, last I heard, UGA is missing their 2 starting tackles & their starting MLB due to injuries. So it would not surprise me at all if the Hawgs have a good rushing day vs UGA. Too bad that won't be enough to win.

I want to see Jones get a lot of work too. Better to have both RBs with a lot of yards this year, rather than just McFadden over 1000. In the next few years, we might see both over 1000 in the same season---if we could just find an OC like Auburn has.

dirty stanchez

Quote from: ejay286 on October 21, 2005, 06:24:32 pm
He is averaging 82 yards per game which projects him at 902 yards this season, considering he has been getting much more than that lately i think he will do it.

I was going to comment on McFadden's rushing total this year but then I saw that the thread starter was a darn fan.

Here comes the obligatory response...

Frank ASU.

ejay286

he now has almost 700 yards and four games left so i think its safe to say he now has a very good chance at 1000

pork-e-pine

I must say, If dmac runs for 5000 yards this year we win out.  And go to a bowl game and he wins the heisman.  I would take that.  Even if nutt didn't get fired.  As it is, I think he has good shot at 1000 and we may not win again this year.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

RazorRunner

If we were by any chance able to win out then the bowl game would give him a better chance of getting 1000. 

Interesting note on DM - he turned 18 less than 2 months ago (Aug 27).  Being that young, he might even get a little faster by next year.

WILL CLINTON

Darren McFastestguyintheSEC rushed for 197 today, and he came into the game with 492.  That is a total of 689 which breaks the old record of 669 set by Cedric Cobbs. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Shocktheman

There is no way the DM will break 1000 yards this season.  HDN will put him at receiver where he surely will never touch the ball!!