Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Tournament Chat

Started by reddierazorback, October 08, 2005, 09:58:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

reddierazorback

I am predicting a record of 20-11.  That is 18-11 regular season, 9-7 conference and 2-1 in the conf. tourney.  I predict we will get an at large ncaa bid and we will be a 9 seed.

Fun to predict and that is where I see us.

GO HOGS !!

RR :razorback:
Go HOGS!

Bomis Hawg

I'm going 21 wins, however possible.  The SEC season will be crazy, which is nothing surprising.  Blackjack is the key!  Hopefully, Brewer will be our Ace.

21 wins + 1/2 in the SEC tournament will be idea.  That could be looking at a seed that is on the plus side of things, hopefully.  I'm a little ready for some hoops, too bad football is in the way now.

juke

Call me nutts, but I believe 21 or 22 wins, 10 conference wins and Sweet 16 in the Big Dance. 

Fletch

20 wins and an NCAA appearance.
I feel like $100

Bomis Hawg

http://www.hogwired.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&SPID=2421&SPSID=30748

Fri, Nov 18   Portland St.   Fayetteville, Ark.   7:05 p.m.     

Maui Invitational 

Mon, Nov 21   Connecticut   at Maui, Hawaii   10:30 p.m.    ESPN2 

Tue, Nov 22   Arizona or Kansas   at Maui, Hawaii   3 p.m. or 8:30 p.m.    ESPN or ESPNU 

Wed, Nov 23   TBA   at Maui, Hawaii   TBA    ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU 

Sat, Nov 26   Radford   Fayetteville, Ark.   3 p.m.    FSN/SUN 

Wed, Nov 30   Southern Mississippi   Fayetteville, Ark.   8:05 p.m.    FSN/SUN 

Fri, Dec 02   Missouri   Fayetteville, Ark.   7:05 p.m.    ARSN 

Tue, Dec 06   Texas St.   Fayetteville, Ark.   7:05 p.m.    ARSN 

Thu, Dec 15   Missouri St.   Fayetteville, Ark.   7:05 p.m.    ARSN 

Sat, Dec 17   Rice (Alltel Arena)   at North Little Rock, Ark.   7:35 p.m.    ARSN 

Wed, Dec 21   Texas Tech (American Airlines Center)   at Dallas, Texas   9 p.m.    ESPN2 

Fri, Dec 30   Texas-Pan American   Fayetteville, Ark.   7:05 p.m.    ARSN 

Sun, Jan 01   Western Illinois   Fayetteville, Ark.   7:35 p.m.    ARSN 

Sat, Jan 07   *Mississippi St.   at Starkville, Miss.   7 p.m.    FSN/SUN 

Wed, Jan 11   *LSU   Fayetteville, Ark.   7:05 p.m.     

Sat, Jan 14   *Vanderbilt   Fayetteville, Ark.   2:05 p.m.     

Wed, Jan 18   *Alabama   at Tuscaloosa, Ala.   7 p.m.    JP 

Sat, Jan 21   *Auburn   at Auburn, Ala.   1 p.m.     

Wed, Jan 25   *Ole Miss   Fayetteville, Ark.   7:05 p.m.     

Sun, Jan 29   *Kentucky   at Lexington, Ky.   Noon    CBS 

Sat, Feb 04   *South Carolina   Fayetteville, Ark.   2:05 p.m.    JP split 

Wed, Feb 08   *LSU   at Baton Rouge, La.   7 p.m.    JP split 

Sat, Feb 11   *Auburn   Fayetteville, Ark.   7:05 p.m.    FSN/SUN 

Wed, Feb 15   *Ole Miss   at Oxford, Miss.   7 p.m.     

Sat, Feb 18   *Florida (SEC Throwback Weekend)   Fayetteville, Ark.   1:05 p.m.    JP 

Tue, Feb 21   *Alabama   Fayetteville, Ark.   8 p.m.    ESPN 

Sat, Feb 25   *Tennessee   at Knoxville, Tenn.   Noon    JP split 

Wed, Mar 01   *Mississippi St.   Fayetteville, Ark.   7:05 p.m.    JP split 

Sun, Mar 05   *Georgia   at Athens, Ga.   1 p.m.    JP 

whatsshakinbacon

21 regular season wins - with a solid winning streak at the tail of the year - pushing us to a #7 NCAA at large seed.

Bacon out...

PintailKiller

22 wins including winning the Maui invitational, #5 seed in the NCAA, semi finals of SEC tourny, and a sweet 16 appearance.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

clemensrules01

i say 21 wins and a sweet 16 appearance.  ronnie brewer is first team all american

akp4105

23 wins, ronnie brewer sec player of the year...sweet 16

lion6877

Unbelievable how many people are predicting 20 wins this year. Are you guys forgetting how bad we were last year? Our players gave up on the coach last year. No reason to think they will be that much better this year. Especially with the loss of Famutimi. Yes, he wasn't that great, but he was atleast a "decent" player. We didn't have too many of those last year. I predict 15-16 wins with Heath getting Fired at years end.

pork-e-pine

Loosing famutimi opens up the door for modica to come back to all sec form.  I think we will be better.  Jefferson having an sec year under his belt can only help and we are deep under the basket.  We have seniors for the first time in 3 years. 
20 wins and an NCAA bid.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

lunchbox72703

plus, lion, look at all of the top recruits we are getting......20+ wins is highly possible!!!

GrizzledHogFan

I predict 22 regular season wins.  Also, we'll make it to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

ShellHog

Thought it was interesting the HAWG's were a #10 seed vs. North Carolina (#6 seed).....according to ESPN Bracketology.

Last updated 2/20....so should move up after Alabama WIN.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

ThaRockArkansas

Quote from: ShellHog on February 23, 2006, 04:05:48 pm
Thought it was interesting the HAWG's were a #10 seed vs. North Carolina (#6 seed).....according to ESPN Bracketology.

Last updated 2/20....so should move up after Alabama WIN.

Sorry if this has already been posted.
u mean 11th seed..and yes it has been posted

94 Hawg

I like our chances in that sub regional  (if it were real) :-\
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

lunchbox72703

and playing Boston College the first game.  Just for fun though.....If the hogs won that one....there could be a chance that we would play texas in the next round.  Oh well, I know it's all definitely going to change before march.  Man, It feels good to talk about it again!!!!!!

Lokirain

We'll have to battle every game that's for sure with our position. But we are playing well at the right time. Everything is finally clicking and it might just keep getting better as we play on.

HatfieldHog

If we can just get sent to the regional that will be held in Dallas, then we will have a home game.  The whole place would be in Red!  Remember "Barnhill South?"

It could happen!       See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Adam Stokes

It hasn't been updated yet, I'm sure when the new bracket comes out Monday we will be around a 9 seed.

HogCards88

That 11th seed hasn't even had our Tennessee win factored in.

Hogs4Ever

IF, and it's a big IF, the Hogs can win out and go deep in the SEC tourney, I think they can pull a 5-7 seed.

Tater Salad

I want us to be as low a seed as possible. 16, if possible. We play our best basketball against the best.

thehill1414

You know with this win over Tennessee we move to 19-8 on the year. Say we finish 21-8 going into the sec tourney. If we make a good run there, what seed will we be in the ncaa tour. I know right now alot of the "experts" have us in the 9-11 range, but that was before this tenn. win. I think we will move up to the 7-9 range, and then with a good showing in the sec tourn. could get as low as a 5 or 6...Thoughts on how low we could go...

WichitaStateRazorback

Check the other threads for this one.  There is already a poll on this topic.

brichte

The commitee by in large love hot teams going into the tournament. I would say winning the SEC tournament give us a 4 seed. Winning a game in the tournament give us a 6 seed and loosing the first game in the tournament gives up a 9 seed and that is winning out of course.

ctthras

That 11th seed placement by ESPN was updated yesterday before today's victory

lumphog

Quote from: HatfieldHog on February 25, 2006, 03:59:29 pm
If we can just get sent to the regional that will be held in Dallas, then we will have a home game.  The whole place would be in Red!  Remember "Barnhill South?"

It could happen!       See ya
Aaaaaahh......The good ole days. We could definately pull off some MAGIC in Dallas......We always have.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Tomcat12 is the lowest at-large seeding.  We will do better than that...

Yep, those seeds are reserved for bubble teams.

We aren't on the bubble anymore, baby!
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Kevin

love to see the hogs in dallas
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Tater Salad

it was greg doyle from cbs sportsline. theres a thread somewhere,  courtesy of woopigstewie

Lokirain

We have a lot of talent, a deep bench and things are starting to click finally. A Sweet 16 appearance would make this year a success for sure. It may already be, but let's go for broke.

brichte

Yeah but he also picked us to loose in that article. Not saying we wont be a sleeper but thanks for nothing.

Ugly Uncle

I think the sleeper just woke up!!!
Retired Radio Host

Lokirain

What's great about Stan (now that we are having this love fest) is that he has NCAA Tournament experience already. So we won't have to worry about that aspect, however none of our players have stepped on the court in a NCAA Tournament atmosphere. I can't wait to see the Hogs in Nashvegas.

artyhog

As I posted on another thread. When we had the lunch together with the Hogville folks in Little Rock, I told them then that they could be a Sweet 16 team.  I was offered a $500.00 bet on that one.

Not a betting man.  Just felt like they would pull it together sooner or later.

Peaking at the right time.

lumphog

HOGLIGULA

newest seeding arkansas a 9 seed vs Nevada in Minneapolis
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

SAUhogfan

I damn sure wouldn't want to be an 8 or 9 seed and have to face a 1 seed in the second round.  Either full charge ahead or pull out boys!

HOGLIGULA

Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

whatsshakinbacon

We need Kentucky and Alabama to falter down the stretch.  It would likely push them to be the last SEC selection and Arkansas would move ahead for a slightly higher seed.  We don't want to be an 8 or 9 guys.

It might be that us doing better in the SEC tourney than Alabama will be the key.

Bacon out...

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on February 25, 2006, 09:40:15 pm
We need Kentucky and Alabama to falter down the stretch.  It would likely push them to be the last SEC selection and Arkansas would move ahead for a slightly higher seed.  We don't want to be an 8 or 9 guys.

It might be that us doing better in the SEC tourney than Alabama will be the key.

Bacon out...

True Bacon 8 or 9 puts you up against the 1 seed if you win

hogman64

It would be great if we could win our way to a 6 seed..... that is possible.

nwarazfan

Quote from: coolhandluke31 on February 25, 2006, 09:42:21 pm
Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on February 25, 2006, 09:40:15 pm

Bacon out...

True Bacon 8 or 9 puts you up against the 1 seed if you win

I want the whorns in the tourney.  Let us be the 8/9 in their region.

Ugly Uncle

That is what I was thinking...6th seed if we win out and pull off a couple in the SECT.  Would love to play anyone in the big 12.  Overrated conference.
Retired Radio Host