Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Croom is Out per Tim Brando

Started by WilsonHog, November 29, 2008, 04:19:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballhog88

Quote from: msudawgs64 on November 30, 2008, 12:27:33 am
He RESIGNED, he was not FIRED, thus he was not pushed out but walked out.   I am willing to bet you he was asked to make some changes in his staff as you stated there and opted not to, but rather resign than fire the inept coaches on his staff.   At some point we will find out the truth but as of now from what I have read, our AD did everything within his power to keep the man, Croom apparently decided in the end that it would be better to resign.  Loyal to a fricking fault.

but let's put the Coach on the other foot, so to speak..

Croom is the head coach at Arkansas instead of State but everything else is the same, would you still feel this way?  If you can honestly sit there and say yes without laughing out loud, then I stand corrected but if you would not put up with 5 years of horrible football, why the hell should we?

Ding Ding Ding, I think he's saying they were ready for a change.

HogNuttz

He RESIGNED, he was not FIRED, thus he was not pushed out but walked out.   I am willing to bet you he was asked to make some changes in his staff as you stated there and opted not to, but rather resign than fire the inept coaches on his staff.   At some point we will find out the truth but as of now from what I have read, our AD did everything within his power to keep the man, Croom apparently decided in the end that it would be better to resign.  Loyal to a fricking fault.

Croom is the head coach at Arkansas instead of State but everything else is the same, would you still feel this way?  If you can honestly sit there and say yes without laughing out loud, then I stand corrected but if you would not put up with 5 years of horrible football, why the hell should we?

Ummm....because you're Mississippi State?
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

msudawgs64

Quote from: HogNuttz on November 30, 2008, 11:33:32 am
Ummm....because you're Mississippi State?

bull...just because we are MSU don't mean we have to put up with it.   Care to answer the question or just add bull to the discussion?

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

hawgwash

Quote from: msudawgs64 on November 30, 2008, 12:47:53 pm
bullcrap...just because we are MSU don't mean we have to put up with it.   Care to answer the question or just add bullcrap to the discussion?

Sounds like you don't buy the argument that Miss. State is only about 10th in the league in "puhtential".  Sounds like you think you can do better, and have every right to try and do so.  Sounds familiar.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

jmark

We think too highly of ourselves and the Nat'l boys know we are just a bunch of hillbilly's with no tradition.

S. Car. thinks too highly of themselves.  Holtz, Spurrier.  2 pretty good coaches haven't been able to turn them into SEC East contenders.

Miss St.  thinks too highly of themselves.  Releasing the most honorable and hardest working coach they've had since before Sherrell.

Ole' Miss thinks too highly of themselves.  They fired the best recruiter they ever had.  Hire the biggest DORK in college football.  And now think they won divisional bling.  Oh, ...I forgot all their tradition.

LSU thinks too highly of themselves.  Les Miles?  "Don't go the Michigan.  Your too good to let go."  Blows 3 plays and trys a 63 yd field goal, into the wind, when he had a timeout and the ball on the Hogs 48 yard line. 

My point is the Razorback have just as much of a right to think too highly of themselves.  Keeping the DORK would have set or program back 10 years.  He divided our fan base.  Stole our money.  And still wanted to love our helmet. 

The fans knew better.  We expect better.  We demand integrity.  We demand our in state players be Razorbacks.  Why shouldn't we demand better and think too highly of ourselves.  We have a coach in place who is working, not texting.  A coach who is building a fence, not tearing it down.  Not alienating high school coaches.  Not alienating fans.  Not being sued by fans.  A coach who is recruiting a top 10 class.  And coach that rivals the respect of the Meyer's and Saban's of the SEC.

Brando, you and the nat'l boys will be calling the Hogs soon.  Try not to jump of the Tallahassee bridge when your DORK's true (no)coaching ability is exposed.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

LamarMundane

Local news here in LR last night said something about Croom being asked to hire an offensive coordinator, refused, then later resigned. Don't know, but this version of events would make the most sense, yes. It's always been Miss St's offense holding them back---the 'Gulf Coast' offense, as the wags called it

LamarMundane

Quote from: hawgwash on November 30, 2008, 01:14:02 pm
Sounds like you don't buy the argument that Miss. State is only about 10th in the league in "puhtential".  Sounds like you think you can do better, and have every right to try and do so.  Sounds familiar.

Actually, that's about where I would put Miss St in expectations---about 11th in the league. I would put Arkansas about 6th. Amazingly, that's about where these two teams respectively finish in the SEC most years. Form does tend to hold most of the time. A truly exceptional coach can rise above that, but he does have to do an exceptional job. Not merely very good, but outstanding. I thought Nutt was very good, but I wouldn't call him outstanding, not enough to raise Ark to the upper tier, where they don't really belong, potential-wise. Time will tell if Petrino is exceptional.
Sylvester Croom did some good things. But so did David Cutcliffe at Ole Miss. Everybody wants to be a Top Ten team, but it's just hard to do at some places. Reality bites.
Most fans, of any school, can't see the forest for the trees. I think it's ok to be optimistic, to make changes, hope for the best...and try to find lightning in a bottle...but to 'expect' it, I won't quite go that far. Hoping and expecting are two different things. I hope Ark can become a Top 3 program in the SEC, but I don't expect it to happen. And I certainly don't expect Miss St to be there; it's possible, but how likely? Not very. It's a sliding scale of likelihood. Ark more likely than Miss St to get there...Florida more likely than Ark to get there.
This stuff is so easy to see when you're on the outside looking in, like an Ark fan looking at Miss St's situation...or laughing at Ole Miss for firing Cutcliffe one year after he won 10 games. Who do this people think they are? Florida?
Meanwhile, Urban Meyer gets worshipped at Florida even though you could plug any good coach there and they would win 10 or more games this year. I really like Urban Meyer, but c'mon...put him at Miss St for a while, and let's see how smart he looks. He would coach 'em up, scratch and claw, and maybe eke a bowl game out of them. That's it. We've all seen the luster leave Steve Spurrier now that he isn't coaching those great athletes at Florida anymore.

The situation/program makes the coach, moreso than the coach makes the program. A bad coach can screw up a good situation, but just because a good coach wins big at a great situation, like a Florida or LSU, doesn't mean he's a better coach than someone toiling in a less advantageous situation.