Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Croom resigns

Started by chortle, November 29, 2008, 11:54:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chortle

Speedracer

Nutt just won the state of Mississippi. Maybe we can get some of those recruites.
Like smites bother me.

elksnort

Kind of sad. He seems like a good fellow.

hogzilla3

What are their options at finding a quality coach?????????

hogpowr

I don't know about who's next, but props to Croom.
Welcome Coach Bielema!

forrest city joe

A good man who gave it all he has there in Starkville. i wish the guy well. but it's about winning. he was coach of the year last year. now he's fired. i wonder if we can get in on some of MSU's  top recruites?

Smithian

If we had a vacancy on the offensive side of the football, I'd love to hire him. I hope he fins somewhere nice to coach at.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

opineonswine

MSU will have to go with an asst or mid-major.  Tough job.

Hawgrox

I like Croom. I listened to his radio show coming back from the Redneck Riviera last year and he is a real good guy and knows the game pretty well. I hope he lands on his feet.

grayhawg

hogzilla3

just heard on espn he will " STEP DOWN"

Fatmanhog

man im pretty sure he is the best they an get. i thought he was a good coach, i may be wrong but he always seem to handle everything with class. you guys know of any coaches that could fill this position?
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

PigPusher

Only a hero for a little while.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

cypert2

Swinging on the two and the four.

Justifiable Hogicide

November 29, 2008, 12:11:52 pm #15 Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 12:16:54 pm by Justifiable Hogicide
D-Nutt ("inventer of wildcat") to Miss State?

pedrothelion

Quote from: grayhawg on November 29, 2008, 12:06:45 pm
Can he coach defense?
I thought he was the DC with the Buffalo Bills before he came here.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

dhornjr1

It says a lot about our society that a thug like Houston Nutt is celebrated and a classy gentleman like Sylvester Croom is deemed a failure.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

oldbear

Hate to hear it.  He is a classy gentleman.  It would also be awful if they got a really good coach.  The SEC doesn't need to get any tougher.

Fatmanhog

hmmm. brian kelly's name isnt coming up is it?dont want him there

I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Choctaw Hog

If State were smart, they would hire an up and coming Assistant Coach or a Coach from a smaller D-1 or D-2 School that would run an offensive unlike any other in the SEC, like Graham at Tulsa, the Houston coach, etc.  That way they would not be going head to head for the same type of players most of the SEC teams are going after.

hog_fan

Dork might actually have a chance to get some of those mississippi boys now.

want2be

Quote from: dhornjr1 on November 29, 2008, 12:13:49 pm
It says a lot about our society that a thug like Houston Nutt is celebrated and a classy gentleman like Sylvester Croom is deemed a failure.

Croom defines class.........he had a great recruting class going this year also.........I just hope Ol Piss doesn't benefit from his leaving with any of those recruits

hog_fan

Petrino so far hasn't shown interest in Rogers.

The_Hill

John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: hog_fan on November 29, 2008, 12:22:27 pm
Dork might actually have a chance to get some of those mississippi boys now.

I don't think so.  However, you might see Arkansas slip in there now and get a player or two.

Fatmanhog

Quote from: want2be on November 29, 2008, 12:23:13 pm

Croom defines class.........he had a great recruting class going this year also.........I just hope Ol Piss doesn't benefit from his leaving with any of those recruits
what i was thinking he was handing it to ole miss this year and its not like the recruits were flocking to stankville, maybe they should have done this after NSD. i know that would be bad and unprofessional but he was doing fairly well. just hope faggy mcfag nutt doesnt get them, well actually i dont care we will beat them anyway

The Hermaphronutt

OTTER

Man, I hate to hear that, he was all class.  I also hate to think that TCTWF will be able to improve his recruiting class, possibly a lot, with Croom out of the picture at MSU. 
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Fatmanhog

anyone thinks this has anything to do with the game against ole piss? anyone anyone

The Hermaphronutt

Fatmanhog

Quote from: OTTER on November 29, 2008, 12:30:30 pm
Man, I hate to hear that, he was all class.  I also hate to think that TCTWF will be able to improve his recruiting class, possibly a lot, with Croom out of the picture at MSU. 
nah, now that i think about he would still have to fight off southern miss and se.louisiana!!!and la tech and every other diamond in the rough school. i bet the smaller schools hate nutt for stealing all their recruits.

The Hermaphronutt

gohogsgo006

I think it'd be in MSU best interest to go get a Spread Offensive Coach (Kansas, Missouri,etc) to give their offense a chance
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Horkus Porkus

Big Loss for State!!! WPS

SpineHog

the SEC is too full of high-caliber coaches.  i don't see miss st bringing in anybody too electrifying.  they'll take a chance on a mid-major coach.

NEAHawgfan

Quote from: chortle on November 29, 2008, 11:54:22 am
Per ESPN.
Sorry....I just have to say that sig is hilarious!!! I just sit here watching it over and over and over....

maumellebyrd

My wife believes so.  She's an ex-MSST student and just said this:

"In my years there, it didn't matter what the records were or how bad we lost.  Beating Ole Miss, or at least showing up, meant the most."

Torqued pork

Croom was killing Nutt recruiting instate players. The possibility of Nutt coming in and taking some of MSU's more highly rated recruits is sickening.

Boarcephus

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on November 29, 2008, 12:33:00 pm
I think it'd be in MSU best interest to go get a Spread Offensive Coach (Kansas, Missouri,etc) to give their offense a chance

There is an OC over in Tulsa who knows a little bit about that and might be interested.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

MNHogFan

Nutt ran the score up on him yesterday trying to look good for the bowl people.

Table Rocker

the state of misissippi is ripe for orgeron's pickin again as UT's lead recruiter. hootie should be very nervous.

Tejano Jawg

I thought Croom's W over us alone would buy him another year. But losing to Nutt like that would probably turn everyone sour.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Bubba's Bruisers

November 29, 2008, 12:40:01 pm #42 Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 12:42:26 pm by Bubba's Bruisers
Croom is a class act and a solid coach. 

Ironically, he was building a stellar recruiting class this year (by MSU's standards).  It's ironic because I wonder how many defecting recruits will nutty stumble on (or over) as a result.  I swear, that man could fall in a pile dog crap and come out with a $100 bill and not a single speck of crap on him. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

gohogsgo006

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 29, 2008, 12:38:07 pm
There is an OC over in Tulsa who knows a little bit about that and might be interested.

Gus could only do better at MSU imo. Not like they were lighting the world on fire on offense
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

chortle

Quote from: NEAHawgfan on November 29, 2008, 12:34:38 pm
Sorry....I just have to say that sig is hilarious!!! I just sit here watching it over and over and over....

Thanks. I have thought about changing it several times. But I just can't let it go yet.

SpareRib

Quote from: dhornjr1 on November 29, 2008, 12:13:49 pm

Agreed -I'm not up to date on any of the particulars, but if Croom resigned rather than force them to fire him, he may have walked away from a possible buyout.  Sylvester Croom is one of the most honorable men in the business today, and I hate that he's had enough.

As for for the Miss State facilities and surroundings (Starkville/Columbus), I can think of 11 other SEC schools I'd rather spend time with.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Tusks

dang they just gave hootie a decent recruiting year.

it would be nice if they made an impact hire to rival hootie.

wouldn't it be funny if they hired gus...
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PaleHorse

as much as I would like to see Gus there to beat up on HDN every year - no way do I want to play against him every year.
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

Tusks

nah....BP is going to recruit superior players and I don't see Gus as a threat....I do see him as a thorn in the side of hootie being in the same state and that would be funny as hell.

Quote from: PaleHorse on November 29, 2008, 12:50:42 pm
as much as I would like to see Gus there to beat up on HDN every year - no way do I want to play against him every year.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Table Rocker

think charlie strong finally gets his shot as a HC?