Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well Guys...........

Started by Tammany Tom, November 28, 2008, 05:51:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tammany Tom

all I can say is WTH????????????????

As a lot of you know, I have been a pretty big supporter of Les Miles. Not anymore. And not only based on this one game.

Before I my rant gets too far though:

Congratulations!!

I have never witnessed a worse coaching performance in my life than by the LSU coaching staff this year. Yes, worse than DiNardo. LSU went from the best team in the SEC to the worst in the span of one year. Arkansas may have a worse record than LSU in the SEC, but make no mistake, we are the worse team in the league this year.

LSU has no discipline. NONE. That stupid personal foul call on Tremaine Johnson was about the dumbest play I've witnessed. And.......we follow it up with more stupid penalities.

I thought our 3rd and 1 call with about 30 seconds left in the 2nd qtr was a bad call. But a 63 yard FG into the wind??? WTH?????

Miles won't get fired this winter, but he damn better fire his entire defensive coaching staff. They suck worse than Tepper did under DiNardo. Believe me, Miles is now on a very hot seat regardless of winning the NC last year. This year was absolutely dreadful in the coaching dept. A follow-up next year and he better be fired.

Again.........great comeback by the Hogs. Congrats.

El Puerco

Dude, don't get sucked in with Miles.  He's not what's causing you to win.  You guys are gonna recruit and field a solid team even if your head coach is a retarded chihuahua.  Miles is a bafoon.

Don't listen to me, though.  You guys should keep that moron.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Hey, Tom, banners attached to airplanes work well for ridding yourself of mediocrity.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Baconomics

How much did you guys miss Bo Pellini this year?

As a Baton Rouge resident, I would like to thank the Tigers for letting me live in peace for another 12 months.

Hat tip to Casey Dick.  You've got spunk, kid.

Hawgon

Quote from: El Puerco on November 28, 2008, 05:54:23 pm
Dude, don't get sucked in with Miles.  He's not what's causing you to win.  You guys are gonna recruit and field a solid team even if your head coach is a retarded chihuahua.  Miles is a bafoon.

Don't listen to me, though.  You guys should keep that moron.

Maybe not.  LSU is not an automatically dominant program even though they can recruit very well.  It wasn't too long ago that Curly Hallman and Gerry DiNardo were sucking it up on the bayou. 

It is wierd because they should be better, but for some reason, LSU is as capable of sucking as just about any program.

SigHog87

Quote from: wocraig on November 28, 2008, 05:55:50 pm
Hey, Tom, banners attached to airplanes work well for ridding yourself of mediocrity.

FOI's too,

See if you can get a local News Reporter to hit on him, then accuse him of an affair.

HoopS

TT, you're one of my favorite posters.  I've said this before and then erased it because I didn't want to get into it with you as you seemed to like Miles.....

I am not impressed at all with him.  This is something that goes back to his OSU days.   He has made numerous calls over the year that left me scratching my head.   But sometimes those calls worked and the result was better than the decision if that makes any sense.

I feel your pain.  Go win that bowl game. 

WBChogfan

Quote from: SigHog87 on November 28, 2008, 05:58:16 pm
FOI's too,

See if you can get a local News Reporter to hit on him, then accuse him of an affair.

A cardboard cut out of Angelina Jolie might work, too.  We are talking about Les Miles here.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: Tammany Tom on November 28, 2008, 05:51:31 pm

As a lot of you know, I have been a pretty big supporter of Les Miles. Not anymore. And not only based on this one game.

Congratulations!!

I have never witnessed a worse coaching performance in my life than by the LSU coaching staff this year. Yes, worse than DiNardo. LSU went from the best team in the SEC to the worst in the span of one year. Arkansas may have a worse record than LSU in the SEC, but make no mistake, we are the worse team in the league this year.

LSU has no discipline. NONE. That stupid personal foul call on Tremaine Johnson was about the dumbest play I've witnessed. And.......we follow it up with more stupid penalities.

I thought our 3rd and 1 call with about 30 seconds left in the 2nd qtr was a bad call. But a 63 yard FG into the wind??? WTH?????

Miles won't get fired this winter, but he damn better fire his entire defensive coaching staff. They suck worse than Tepper did under DiNardo. Believe me, Miles is now on a very hot seat regardless of winning the NC last year. This year was absolutely dreadful in the coaching dept. A follow-up next year and he better be fired.

TT I feel for you.  I have always said he was "does les with more miles."  Did your coaching staff not watch the Miss St. game?  Your big back should have had 25-30 carries.  We can't stop a team that gets physical.

I know both teams have problems at QB but that is not an excuse for LSU.  The talent difference at every other position should easily overcome the QB situations.  But, again, Les is a terrible coach and can't take advantage of the superior talent. 

opineonswine

Thanks for the kind remarks.  As you know, Miles is no Saban.  And he is somewhat of a thug.  Players reflect their coach often.

You have a lot more talent than we do.  We have a better coach.  He is a professional and he will recruit like Ark fans have never seen before.  That's a good combo.  It will show in the coming years.  Should make for a good budding rivalry for the two teams.

El Puerco

Quote from: Hawgon on November 28, 2008, 05:57:37 pm
Maybe not.  LSU is not an automatically dominant program even though they can recruit very well.  It wasn't too long ago that Curly Hallman and Gerry DiNardo were sucking it up on the bayou. 

It is wierd because they should be better, but for some reason, LSU is as capable of sucking as just about any program.

I was attending LSU when Dinardo was there.  He didn't have the horses that Miles does....not even close.  Miles is a lunchbox.

Ouachihog

Thanks for the post Tom.  Says a lot about the LSU program when 7-5 is considered a bad year.  You guys will still go bowling and will be back next year. 

I agree about Miles.  You guys can and should do much better.  Les turning down the Michigan job was probably an unfortunate result for LSU. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

SamBuckhart

Paw-Paw hat strikes again. Can't wait for another sequel. I love this game!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Tusks

Hey Tommy.....if you want to outsource the movement for a new coach to some of us hogville's members....we can do it for a fee  :)

we already have the FOI forms, the banner phone numbers and a few inernets gurus to run the gameplan.

we'll do it as a fixed fee and you can pay half now and half when LM is fired.

just sayin.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

tbhogfan

Tom,

Watching LSU today gave me flashbacks of our last several years.   The lack of discipline, especially on D, really hurt you guys.  It is one thing for someone to make a great move and get a first down, it is quite another to kick a dead ball and give someone an easy first down. 

You guys have a great recruiting base, great tradition, great fans, great stadium, and IMO, a head coach who brings you down. 

Best of luck in your bowl game.
Go Hogs!

idiotghos

November 28, 2008, 06:09:15 pm #15 Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 06:11:13 pm by idiotghos
Just because I'm that vindictive, I'm gonna pull out this exchange from July with tammany:

Quote from: idiotghos on July 23, 2008, 09:42:36 pm
I'm as ready as everyone else to witness the painful decline that's about to grip Baton Rogue...

Quote from: Tammany Tom on July 24, 2008, 09:38:27 am
Please tell me when this painful decline is going to happen.

Quote from: idiotghos on July 24, 2008, 09:57:45 am
This year, the next one, the one after that, you know how it goes.

Quote from: Tammany Tom on July 24, 2008, 10:47:25 am
LSU will be a little down this year, because of the SEC road schedule and the new QB. However, our talent level is fabulous and is getting reloaded every year.

You can keep wishing for our downfall. I see no problem with you doing that. Nothing wrong with wishful thinking.

What say you now?

Tejano Jawg

Thanks Tom. Most of us are too exhausted to be cocky right now. (Kinda like last year.)

I may have to do some eavesdropping on your message boards to see what the temp is on Lester this week.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hawgon

Quote from: El Puerco on November 28, 2008, 06:02:56 pm
I was attending LSU when Dinardo was there.  He didn't have the horses that Miles does....not even close.  Miles is a lunchbox.

Which just goes to prove my point.  LSU is not a program that can just show up and win.  They are quite capable of being a middle to lower level SEC team if they don't have the right coach.

HawgnCorona

November 28, 2008, 06:12:51 pm #18 Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 08:06:16 pm by HawgnCorona

Congratulations!!

Tammany, you are a true sportsman...I have to say that most fan would be crying in their coffee or drowning their misery in fifth of JACK D. However, you've shown are a real cool dude. you could have come over and made excuses for why LSU didnt win and minimizing our win. instead you were congratulatory...and I appreciate that in your character.

thank you for that, its really appreciated...what great sportsmanship!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hawgsav1

I mean, I think it's over-reacting to try and fire Les Miles.  He did win you guys an NC last year.

Miles' Positives
1.  He's a good recruiter and is building on the foundations started by Saban
2.  He is ballsy, and goes for it in obvious situations
3.  Apart from this year, he's done well

Miles' Negatives
1.  He has not used his players in an effective manner.  He forced Matt Flynn to run the option when Matt Flynn, albeit mobile, was not a true dual threat QB.  Matt Flynn was a dropback QB who could improvise occasionally and make some nice plays with his feet.  This year, he screwed up by forcing Jarrett Lee to keep throwing instead of punishing opponents with a strong ground game
2.  He gambles FAR too much and sometimes at inopportune times.
3.  Ever since he's been at LSU, the team has been pretty inconsistent.  Sometimes they're just downright dominant, but other times they lose to teams they shouldn't lose to.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

songofthesword

Congratulations!!

worst coaching job? you ovbiously didn't see us play vandy back in 05

El Puerco

He really should have just run it up the gut all night - we couldn't stop it.  Miles is a moron.  They should cut him loose while they are still pulling in the top 5 recruiting classes.  Keep him much longer and they'll implode. Or hire Nutt....that might be a better idea.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: idiotghos on November 28, 2008, 06:09:15 pm
Just because I'm that vindictive, I'm gonna pull out this exchange from July with tammany:

What say you now?

I think my first post says it all, don't you?

There is nothing wrong with supporting a coach that leads you to three consecutive 11+ win seasons and a National Championship. It's actually kind of crazy not too.

However, things change. I firmly remember how Arkansas fans totally and completely supported Houston Nutt after his first 2 seasons in Fayetteville. Why wouldn't they?

Things change, perceptions change.

I have no regrets whatsoever in supporting Les Miles. None.

Think about it for a second. Seriously. If Arkansas went on a three year spree winning 11+ games, winning the National Title and finishing in the Top 5 all three years, you would support the man who coached your team 100%. Again, you would be sorta crazy not too.

But like I said, things change. Miles and his staff did a deplorable job this year. Truly Pathetic.

So............I support LSU 100%. I support our players that wear the Purple and Gold 100%, but I do not support pathetic coaching regardless of what was done in the past.

You guys have a lot to look forward to next year. It will be a really fun off-season for you. For us, not so much. We all now wait to see what Miles does with his defensive coaching staff. If he doesn't hire a new top-flight DC, all hell will break through with the LSU fanbase.

We have a lot of talent on our roster and have a really good recruiting class coming in. Things can change quickly with the right moves. My question is: Will they?

Enjoy the win. You guys deserve the enjoyment that this win will give you throughout the off-season. For me, I just can't wait until this nightmare season is over for LSU.   

HamShank

You'll get rid of Miles at the end of next season.  I wish you wouldn't...but you will.

Hogs4Ever

TT, we Hog fans feel your pain.  We put up with a moron at HC for years that under-achieved season after season.  Miles is not a top tier coach.  I think the tide is turning and LSU will not be able to get back on top of the West with 'Bama and now Arkansas rising.  You need great recruiting and great coaching.  LSU only has great recruiting.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: El Puerco on November 28, 2008, 06:32:25 pm
He really should have just run it up the gut all night - we couldn't stop it.  Miles is a moron.  They should cut him loose while they are still pulling in the top 5 recruiting classes.  Keep him much longer and they'll implode. Or hire Nutt....that might be a better idea.

Well, if thats true (not saying that he is) then we are the beneficiary. So thank goodness for morons (well at least today)! hehehehehe!!!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Oklahawg

Tammany, quality words (as always).

Miles never impressed me at Okie State.

You seem to suggest (maybe its someone else) that he lacks the "class" of a Saban (or Petrino or others). I agree with that.

He has had gonads of steel and had his risky calls work (I'm thinking the end of the Aubbie game, 2007). However, I don't want to confuse that with good strategic planning and effective gameday tactics.

You miss your DC!

And, we are reminded how valuable a good (heck, even servicable) QB is, especially if they have some experience.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Dropkick

Classy post Tom. I would have expected no less from you. Good luck in the bowl game. At least you guys are going to one.

bphi11ips

FOI's too,

Is this guy serious?  Where is Wilson when we need him?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

farmhawg

Thanks for the comments Tom and we feel your pain. I do have to say that Miles is craziest than an outhouse( there is a better word but...) rat.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Jdub

LSU's talent level is sick, we looked much smaller in every position.  However we won, I think because of home field and some head scratching calls by Miles.  I think LSU has found their QB for the next 3 years, the kid looked pretty good at times.

Just really happy things played out the way they did for CD and LC.  And for the whole HOG team.  This year has been rough on them.

Perhaps Mallet will turn out the way we think he will and lead us to the BC promise land in the next couple of years.

I know we just need to get some good quality SEC type high school kids to sign with us.

Bubba's Bruisers

Congratulations!!

Kudos to you, TT.  Glad you finally see what so many of use already knew about Miles.  Of course, so many of us here could see it much more clearly because we've already lived it with nutty.

Regardless, here's hoping Miles stays at LSU for many more years. :P
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

'cause it seems to me he REALLY wanted that job and appeared to be leaving. Then everything fell into place for LSU to get back in the NC game. Anything less than the NC game, and IMO Miles would be in Mich. now...
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

BigSexyHog

LSU gave the game away today with all the penalties.   No excuses for them.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

DeltaBoy

Quote from: nutted on November 28, 2008, 06:07:21 pm
Hey Tommy.....if you want to outsource the movement for a new coach to some of us hogville's members....we can do it for a fee  :)

we already have the FOI forms, the banner phone numbers and a few inernets gurus to run the gameplan.

we'll do it as a fixed fee and you can pay half now and half when LM is fired.

just sayin.
That is true according to ESPN!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

win-streak

I don't think it's all Les's fault.  His players were just undisciplined.  Maybe its because they always have a good recruiting class and the players are so high on themselves.  However, Jefferson (???) the QB was pretty good for playing his only second game.  LSU will be pretty good next year.

jabohog

Quote from: Tammany Tom on November 28, 2008, 06:48:41 pm
I think my first post says it all, don't you?

There is nothing wrong with supporting a coach that leads you to three consecutive 11+ win seasons and a National Championship. It's actually kind of crazy not too.

However, things change. I firmly remember how Arkansas fans totally and completely supported Houston Nutt after his first 2 seasons in Fayetteville. Why wouldn't they?

Things change, perceptions change.

I have no regrets whatsoever in supporting Les Miles. None.

Think about it for a second. Seriously. If Arkansas went on a three year spree winning 11+ games, winning the National Title and finishing in the Top 5 all three years, you would support the man who coached your team 100%. Again, you would be sorta crazy not too.

But like I said, things change. Miles and his staff did a deplorable job this year. Truly Pathetic.

So............I support LSU 100%. I support our players that wear the Purple and Gold 100%, but I do not support pathetic coaching regardless of what was done in the past.

You guys have a lot to look forward to next year. It will be a really fun off-season for you. For us, not so much. We all now wait to see what Miles does with his defensive coaching staff. If he doesn't hire a new top-flight DC, all hell will break through with the LSU fanbase.

We have a lot of talent on our roster and have a really good recruiting class coming in. Things can change quickly with the right moves. My question is: Will they?

Enjoy the win. You guys deserve the enjoyment that this win will give you throughout the off-season. For me, I just can't wait until this nightmare season is over for LSU.   

Thanks for the congrats. Get off Miles' ass. He didn't hire well in the defensive coaching staff. He will correct this. With y'alls recruiting, you will be back next year a little under the radar and kicking ass. For those that say he didn't do well at okie st., his record is better that JJ's, if that means anything. The guy has done well, give him a chance to get his coaches aligned. It will be better next year.

AFWarrior83

Bobby Petrino > Les Miles

It's that simple.

TT, you're all class.  I believe that Alabama & Arkansas are on the way up and LSU & Auburn are on the decline.
Hogville member since 2005.

psooie

November 28, 2008, 08:45:11 pm #38 Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 08:47:43 pm by psooie
The thought of mike leach at lsu is pretty scary so hopefully LSU doesn't' totally flop next year  +  its nice that hogs 3 biggest rivals, ole miss, lsu  and A&M don't exactly have the brightest coaching staffs.

josh_sec33

Tom, that was a crazy game. LSU had us by the throat and then the combination of weird play calls and penalties (40 yards of penalties in one drive?!?) let us hang around.

Look at it this way. We're both going to get reloaded for next year. Next year's game should be a slugfest, and actually enjoyable to watch.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

dhornjr1

I was looking through Tiger Droppings earlier and many on there want Miles gone now.

It's amazing that he wins a national championship 11 months ago and now they want him gone. We endured 10 years of mediocrity with an idiot as our coach and we are still being lambasted in the national media for running him off

hog_fan

FOI's too,

Move on with your life Hugger. Tell your hugger friends to as well and tell nutt to do the same. 1,000 text messasges including 1 am is pretty odd.

hog_fan

Quote from: dhornjr1 on November 28, 2008, 09:07:06 pm
I was looking through Tiger Droppings earlier and many on there want Miles gone now.

It's amazing that he wins a national championship 11 months ago and now they want him gone. We endured 10 years of mediocrity with an idiot as our coach and we are still being lambasted in the national media for running him off

We are expected to expect 7 wins and be giddy. LSU is special and should expect more

HawgTide

Tom, you're a class act.Hang in there.I hope you guys win your bowl game.

dhornjr1

You're exactly right. I was talking about this very thing with a friend of mine the other day.

We were talking about recruiting and I told him that when Nutt was at Arkansas, the media didn't make a big deal out of him losing in-state recruits because they view Arkansas as a second-rate program so it should be no surprise that the top in-state players would leave the state. I think Bobby Petrino will change that perception in short order.

The success of your program depends on the quality of coach you have. You can have the best facilities in the world; without a great coach, you will not get to the next level. Nobody knows that better than us. LSU is beginning to find that out.

You go only as far as your coach can tak

Tammany Tom

Quote from: jabohog on November 28, 2008, 08:09:59 pm
Thanks for the congrats. Get off Miles' ass. He didn't hire well in the defensive coaching staff. He will correct this. With y'alls recruiting, you will be back next year a little under the radar and kicking ass. For those that say he didn't do well at okie st., his record is better that JJ's, if that means anything. The guy has done well, give him a chance to get his coaches aligned. It will be better next year.

Who are you to tell me to get off Miles' ass?

Who promoted two unqualified position coaches to co-DC's after Pelini left for Nebraska? That move surprised a lot of LSU fans and boosters. No one felt that was a good move, but since he just came off a NC, everyone gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Miles deserves all the criticism being thrown in his direction tonight. Too me, one play sums up LSU's play this season: Arkansas 3rd and 29 and Tremaine Johnson gets totally out of control and pushes an Arkansas player a good 5 seconds after the whistle blows.

That play signifies what poor discipline, poor focus, and poor leadership will do to a talented football team. It keeps talented players from winning.

There has been no discipline or leadership on this football team all year long. That falls directly on the lap of the head football coach.

Did you not see all the stupid penalties committed by LSU in this game? That falls on the head coach.

I agree that he can correct things for next year, but he has no excuse for this year other than stupid pride and loyalty to unqualified asst. coaches. That is exactly what derailed DiNardo.

Miles had better fire most of his defensive staff at year's end and hire a top flight DC. If he does, then we have a shot at being pretty good next year. However, Miles has lost the trust of the LSU fanbase. That's not a good thing. He can earn some of it back, but total trust in him is gone for good.

stronguard

Thanks for being man enough to come over here and accept defeat.  Shows class TT and I'd tailgate with you anytime.

This off season is the crucible for Les.  He loses most of his Saban kids, and we'll see what kind of team he fields.  There are some glaring weaknesses that need to be addressed for LSU, and how well they are addressed will determine if Les sticks around for more than a year or 2. 

I was very suprised about the discipline of LSU.  I always thought that Les was a stickler for keeping his players in line, or am I just imagining that?   And to be honest, I wasn't that impressed with Jefferson. 

Good luck in the Indy Bowl against Okie State.  Represent the SEC well.

See you next year in "Red Stick"
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Hogs4Ever

elksnort

Tom seems like a good dude and I enjoy his opinions. His LSU tigers have a great recruiting advantage (they don't have to recruit outside of Louisiana) and I don't feel sorry for them.

He is classy in defeat and this says a lot!

But, I freakin can not stand LSU and their fans in general. I might like Tom, but I don't like LSU and their fans.

Tonight, I unnecessarily told this one LSU fan to quit heckling the Razorbacks on their way back into the locker room at half time. He was yelling "Tiger Bait" at the Hogs. Take this sh(t somewhere else.

jabohog

Quote from: Tammany Tom on November 28, 2008, 10:27:46 pm
Who are you to tell me to get off Miles' ass?

Who promoted two unqualified position coaches to co-DC's after Pelini left for Nebraska? That move surprised a lot of LSU fans and boosters. No one felt that was a good move, but since he just came off a NC, everyone gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Miles deserves all the criticism being thrown in his direction tonight. Too me, one play sums up LSU's play this season: Arkansas 3rd and 29 and Tremaine Johnson gets totally out of control and pushes an Arkansas player a good 5 seconds after the whistle blows.

That play signifies what poor discipline, poor focus, and poor leadership will do to a talented football team. It keeps talented players from winning.

There has been no discipline or leadership on this football team all year long. That falls directly on the lap of the head football coach.

Did you not see all the stupid penalties committed by LSU in this game? That falls on the head coach.

I agree that he can correct things for next year, but he has no excuse for this year other than stupid pride and loyalty to unqualified asst. coaches. That is exactly what derailed DiNardo.

Miles had better fire most of his defensive staff at year's end and hire a top flight DC. If he does, then we have a shot at being pretty good next year. However, Miles has lost the trust of the LSU fanbase. That's not a good thing. He can earn some of it back, but total trust in him is gone for good.
Who am I, a fan just like you. I didn't mean any disrespect, but the man turned down Michigan for LSU. He has won a NC. He is in this shape because of the disiplinary actions he took against Periluea or however you spell his name. Yeah, he [CENSORED] up with his defensive staff, but he will correct that and you will be on here telling us how good the new DC is going to be. I hope it ain't Bumpas from TCU. I know you ain't used to this kind of crap, but just hang in there, you will be back next year.