Previous topic - Next topic

EastTexasHog

The poll should be in reverse order: 

1.  Texas
2.  Oklahoma
3.  Florida
4.  Alabama

brh

hey umm... i think you just opened a flame thrower, so... yeah just be ready for the fire its coming.

Rooka

The Gators could beat both Texas and Oklahoma.

intoxhog

Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

EastTexasHog

Quote from: Death by Hog on November 23, 2008, 12:05:19 pm

Yeah, but can they beat Ole Miss at home?

Rooka

Quote from: EastTexasHog on November 23, 2008, 12:11:06 pm
Yeah, but can they beat Ole Miss at home?
1. That has nothing to do with what you are saying...
2. If Ole Miss played that same game at Florida right now...They lose by 14.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

EastTexasHog

Quote from: Death by Hog on November 23, 2008, 12:12:43 pm
1. That has nothing to do with what you are saying...
2. If Ole Miss played that same game at Florida right now...They lose by 14.

Florida lost to an unranked team at home.  Plus, Ole Miss is better now as well.  Fact is, Florida got embarrassed at home.  Alabama will give them more of a game than people expect.  Florida was only leading the Hogs 17-7 going into the 4th.

atekido

kuhog

Yeah, but Texas and Oklahoma could beat the Gators and the Tide as well.

Killean

Texas and Oklahoma couldn't finish with fewer than 2 losses in an SEC schedule.  They're just in a softer conference top to bottom.

Florida is 2 touchdowns better than either of them and Alabama will hit them in the face.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

dr_arkansawyer

We need the iron qualities that go with true manhood. We need the positive virtues of resolution, of courage, of indomitable will, of power to do without shrinking the rough work that must always be done.

Theodore Roosevelt
1858-1919, Twenty-sixth President of the USA

Fatmanhog

here is my thought
1.AL undefeated means something
2.OU that is just hard to ignore, if half their D and murray would have played against texass it would have been a little different i think
3.FL on fire dont care who it is hang 70 on anyone and it means something
4.TT i know 65-21, first bad game and wrong time to do that, in norman and an OU team out to prove something.
5.UT they beat an OU team that well read the above.
5.USC the do have the best D, just hardly any challengers to keep them sharp
JMO
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Beaverfever

Yeah IDK either way I'm starting the poll with florida or bama.  The SEC CG is going to be a classic.  Two different dominant styles going head to head.  The consensus seems to be that florida will run away with it but I just don't see it being that easy.  As a previous poster said, give saban a couple weeks to prepare for florida and I think he can keep them to 21 or so.  It'll probably just come down to whether bama can put up that many points.   

rcowen

Quote from: EastTexasHog on November 23, 2008, 12:01:40 pm

1.  Texas
2.  Oklahoma
3.  Florida
4.  Alabama

Bamas defense would eat up the horns.

DeltaBoy

I have seen Texas and OU this year and they would get B-slaped in the  SEC.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

want2be

Florida has cranked it up since they played us......their offense and defense are playing at a different level now and NOW is the time to peak. I think they can beat any of the any of the Big12. On the other hand, I think OKla and Texas would beat Bama.

arklahoman36

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 23, 2008, 01:07:26 pm

Outside of Florida and Alabama, there is no one impressive in the SEC this year. Like OU & Texas, Florida and Georgia are far ahead of everyone else in their conference.

kuhog

I have watched Florida and Alabama this year and their defenses would get slapped around in the Big 12.

Makes about as much sense as your comment, doesn't it?

judgeroyswine

Yeah right, and OU was better than USC when they played them for the BCS title a few years back.

If I remember correctly USC kicked OU's hind quarters.  Florida will do the same.

The only reason OU wins anything is because I don't want them to.  They are the sport thorn in my side.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Fatmanhog

Quote from: judgeroyswine on November 23, 2008, 01:51:44 pm
Yeah right, and OU was better than USC when they played them for the BCS title a few years back.

If I remember correctly USC kicked OU's hind quarters.  Florida will do the same.

The only reason OU wins anything is because I don't want them to.  They are the sport thorn in my side.
lmao
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

gohogsgo006

I just hope it is SEC vs Big 12 in the title game...so we can end this debate. I think Florida would beat both Big 12 teams, But Bama would have trouble
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

REALTOR Hog

I laugh when people say that Florida is going to beat Alabama...

1) We played a closer game against Florida then we did Alabama
2) Which one got beat by Nutt?
3) Which one has a quarterback that is a horrible thrower and gets lucky everytime he goes deep, Alabama is going to pick Tebow off at least twice.
4) Which one has SEC caliber players on both sides of the football? Those two little running backs at Florida aren't going to last against Terrance Cody and that Alabama Defense.
5) John Parker Wilson and Julio Jones will out play Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin.
6) Saban will out coach Meyer.
7) Alabama wins and goes on to win the National Championship against Oklahoma.
- GO HOGS -

UAfanatic

1.  Texas
2.  Oklahoma
3.  Florida
4.  Alabama

Oh yeah the 2 Big 12 teams that play a little tiny bit of defense.. all the sudden they're great.
They look great in the big 12 where no defense is played..

The SEC will mop these guys up.. and get the chance to prove it.

OK has the most studs when all are helathy, but truthfully, that is the best defensive performance out of Ok in a long, long time.  The OK team and crowd was ready.  I think FLA and OU are equal, then TT,
TX and Bama in that order.  The Big 12 has 4 teams in the south division that could play in the top 6 of the SEC right now.  Even OSU might be leading the West right now if Bama had faced TX, OU, and TT already this year.

bsking

Quote from: mhunterg13 on November 23, 2008, 01:58:20 pm

3) Which one has a quarterback that is a horrible thrower and gets lucky everytime he goes deep, Alabama is going to pick Tebow off at least twice.
4) Which one has SEC caliber players on both sides of the football? Those two little running backs at Florida aren't going to last against Terrance Cody and that Alabama Defense.

You are wrong on so many accounts.

1)  How we played against them is irrelevant, but Florida has been playing like a behemoth the last 5 games.
2)  If Ole Miss played Florida again, Florida wins by 21+
3)  Tebow is a WAY WAY WAY WAY better quarterback in every single catagory than JPW.
4)  Calling out florida's rbs?  Florida has 3 RBs that would start for bama.  Florida puts up 35 garunteed.
5)  I doubt it.  JPW isn't a great quaterback.  Percy Harvin is the fastest player in the country and will be running by Bama defenders.
6)  Doubtful, Urban Meyer doesn't lose big games.  It just doesn't happen.
7)  Florida wins big (2+ TD)

GabeMartini

Not according to the Associated Press, [CENSORED]!

BigDrDon

I have a stinkin feelin that somehow USC will slip into the title game,if things fall the way I expect them to.
You gonna look me dead in the eye,hold a straight face ,and swear to me,that the forward pass is legal?

hogsndawgs

1.  Texas
2.  Oklahoma
3.  Florida
4.  Alabama

Based on their total body of work, I'd say it is damn near impossible to put either of these 4 teams in front of the others. Bama obviously gets the nod at #1 just bc they're undefeated in one of the best two conferences in the country, but I expect that the change in the SEC CG. These four teams plus USC, Penn St., Utah, and TTU should unquestionably be headed for a playoff.

gohogsgo006

Quote from: BigDrDon on November 23, 2008, 02:48:59 pm
I have a stinkin feelin that somehow USC will slip into the title game,if things fall the way I expect them to.

Hopefully Oregon State will beat Oregon this week, giving them the PAC 10 title. They didnt let UGA play in the Championship last year without winning its conference. So Oregon State will have alot of new fans this week.
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

wildcat15

1.  Texas
2.  Oklahoma
3.  Florida
4.  Alabama

brb jumping on the Big 12 bandwagon

RunnerHog

Wrong it's this way:

Alabama
Florida
Blow U
Texas

Funny how Texans want to rewrite the poll to suit themselves.

MuskogeeHogFan

November 23, 2008, 03:35:02 pm #33 Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 03:36:54 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: mhunterg13 on November 23, 2008, 01:58:20 pm

Florida WILL beat Alabama. Bama has a great defense but they don't have the offense to stand up to a defense that can stop their run game. JPW is a "serviceable" QB, but he is not the guy that can stand up to pressure and make the big play when he needs to make it. If they don't have a running game, they have nothing. This is why Florida beats Bama. Take away their passing game(which Bama won't) and they have their running game. Alabama is hoping, Florida is playing inspired since their "wake up call". Bama goes down, Florida moves up to the NCG.
Go Hogs Go!

RunnerHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 23, 2008, 03:35:02 pm
Florida WILL beat Alabama. Bama has a great defense but they don't have the offense to stand up to a defense that can stop their run game. JPW is a "serviceable" QB, but he is not the guy that can stand up to pressure and make the big play when he needs to make it. If they don't have a running game, they have nothing. This is why Florida beats Bama. Take away their passing game(which Bama won't) and they have their running game. Alabama is hoping, Florida is playing inspired since their "wake up call". Bama goes down, Florida moves up to the NCG.

Wow I don't guess there is any use in playing the game we should just consult your expert opinion.  I think not

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: RunnerHog on November 23, 2008, 03:42:05 pm
Wow I don't guess there is any use in playing the game we should just consult your expert opinion.  I think not

Just an opinion, dude. Try not to be such a s.a. It doesn't get you very far.
Go Hogs Go!

hawgsav1

Oh boy, here goes with the Bama vs. Florida again ;)  There was a good discussion of it a few threads ago.  My opinion hasn't changed yet.  I know Florida has been playing impressively over the last few games, but they haven't played a team as good as Bama yet (though I agree, Bama hasn't played anyone of note either).  Florida played a highly overrated LSU team, an overrated Georgia team, and that's about it.  Bama played the same teams and beat them on the road. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawgsav1 on November 23, 2008, 03:46:47 pm
Oh boy, here goes with the Bama vs. Florida again ;)  There was a good discussion of it a few threads ago.  My opinion hasn't changed yet.  I know Florida has been playing impressively over the last few games, but they haven't played a team as good as Bama yet (though I agree, Bama hasn't played anyone of note either).  Florida played a highly overrated LSU team, an overrated Georgia team, and that's about it.  Bama played the same teams and beat them on the road. 

Don't disagree with that, I just think Florida is much more diversified as an offense than Alabama and has just as good of a defense.
Go Hogs Go!

hawgsav1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 23, 2008, 03:50:16 pm
Don't disagree with that, I just think Florida is much more diversified as an offense than Alabama and has just as good of a defense.

I respect your opinion good sir, and I enjoy the calm and rational debate we have had on the subject.  Your knowledge of the game continues to impress me. 

Nevertheless, since we've hashed out the Fla/Bama debate already, who do you think matches up better with OU?  Bama or Florida?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawgsav1 on November 23, 2008, 04:08:59 pm
I respect your opinion good sir, and I enjoy the calm and rational debate we have had on the subject.  Your knowledge of the game continues to impress me. 

Nevertheless, since we've hashed out the Fla/Bama debate already, who do you think matches up better with OU?  Bama or Florida?

Frankly, I think OU and Bama would be a great match up, their vaunted "D" against OU's "O". TT vs. Florida would be wide open and very entertaining. Florida's "D" is good, but they would have to go some to play as well as OU played last night, but OU was inspired. Florida's "O" is strong enough to keep up with TT combined with Florida's "D". That would be a great game. If OU played the way they did last night, they would embarass Saban and Alabama, but you can't count on OU to always show up in bowl games for some reason, so I would expect that to be a very competitive game. OU, at least for one game, asserted themselves as potentially the best team in the nation last night. Question is, can they bring it every game from here on out, like they did last night?
Go Hogs Go!

NWASooner

I'm tired of hearing how great Florida is.  They've only played one ranked team that's in the Top 25 right now and that was an average Georgia team.

Meanwhile, OU has played or will play 5 teams that are now in the Top 16.  Cincy, TCU, Texas, Tech, Okie State.

Florida would lose to both OU and Texas.  They've had a soft schedule.

hawgsav1

Quote from: NWASooner on November 23, 2008, 05:38:32 pm
I'm tired of hearing how great Florida is.  They've only played one ranked team that's in the Top 25 right now and that was an average Georgia team.

Meanwhile, OU has played or will play 5 teams that are now in the Top 16.  Cincy, TCU, Texas, Tech, Okie State.

Honestly, I think OU beats Florida and Bama, but Texas would not do the same.  OU has a lot more offensively than Texas has, and I haven't been as impressed with Texas' defense as I was earlier in the season.  If OU plays like they did last night, they win the NC in my opinion, no question.  However, as Muskogee said, the question is which OU shows up.  Stoops has to win the next three games to regain his moniker of 'Big Game Bob'.

NWASooner

As for OU, it's which defense shows up.  We've put up big numbers on everybody every single week.  However, the defense that shut Tech down is the same unit that gave up 475 yards passing to Kansas State.

Killean

Quote from: NWASooner on November 23, 2008, 05:38:32 pm

I hate to tell you this but TCU, Okie State, cincy, TT and Texas.. of those 5, maybe 1 would be ranked if they played in the SEC.

We don't have the cream puffs you guys manage to feast on in the bottom of your schedule :P
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

REALTOR Hog

The polls are right.. Bama, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas are the right order.
- GO HOGS -

Killean

If you really want to sum up the arguments..

Look at the respective BCS record, then the BCS title game records and then tell me how overrated the Big 12 is annually.

gohawgsgo

The SEC will win its third staight BCS Championship.  The Big 12 is soft in comparison.  The speed and physicality of Bama or Florida on defense will neutralize some of those crazy offensive numbers.  The good news about this discussion is that we might get to see it decided on the field. ghg

bobcat ball

1.  Texas
2.  Oklahoma
3.  Florida
4.  Alabama

Can't have someone ahead of an undefeated team that plays in the best conference in the country Alabama is and should be #1 becasue they haven't lost yet and the SEC is the best conference in the country from top to bottom year in and year out by far.   
WOO PIG

Hoggish1

That's what I was thinking and they can cherry pick Bama's best along with it to round out the squad.

Mr. Hog

I don't know about that, both of those teams are really good, I don't care what conference there in.
Go Hogs Go!