Ole Miss

Started by Dances With Hogs, November 22, 2008, 08:40:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moley_russells_wart_hog

did nutt turn aroung a 3 - 9 team or did snead

El Puerco

Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on November 26, 2008, 05:25:43 pm
did nutt turn aroung a 3 - 9 team or did snead

That 3-9 team had a lot of close games LAST year.  Orgeron, despite the fact that he's not the world's greatest HC, turned that program around.  If Nutt didn't have all of his great recruiting, they'd be a punching bag.

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: El Puerco on November 26, 2008, 05:27:13 pm
That 3-9 team had a lot of close games LAST year.  Orgeron, despite the fact that he's not the world's greatest HC, turned that program around.  If Nutt didn't have all of his great recruiting, they'd be a punching bag.

im just saying that maybe they were one great quarterback from turning things around. ...... maybe we should do a poll with the question , did ole miss overperfprm or underperform,

im mean the had 2 great victories with florida and lsu, but what are they 7 - 4? shouldnt they have won more?

El Puerco

Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on November 26, 2008, 05:31:56 pm
im just saying that maybe they were one great quarterback from turning things around. ...... maybe we should do a poll with the question , did ole miss overperfprm or underperform,

im mean the had 2 great victories with florida and lsu, but what are they 7 - 4? shouldnt they have won more?

"Shouldn't-they-have-won-more?" is Nutt's middle name.

Silver Hog

Quote from: songofthesword on November 22, 2008, 08:44:19 pm
houston nutt is not a bad coach. he never was a bad coach. that's what makes it so bad. he wouldnt' have lasted here 10 years if he was a BAD coach.

his stubborness of not wanting to give up the playcalling, the inaiblity to want to surround himself with quality assistant coachs, and his lazyness of recruiting, are his downfall. but i'll take nutt more timas than not as an actual coach.

actually those 3 things alone make him a bad coach.

Wildhog

November 26, 2008, 05:51:05 pm #105 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:52:50 pm by Wildhog
Houston Nutt is a fine coach if you just want to get by, don't care about championships, and don't care about accountability or morality.  But if you want to win championships, and be proud of your program...you need to look somewhere else.  So glad we got rid of the cancer.

I say that with an unblemished record of staunch anti-nuttism.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hellafied

they lost to wake forest in overtime...they had 6 fumbles against vandy and lost a fumble on the goal line with  30,s left. lost to bama at bama by 4. and sc by 6.. that is good with a team who didnt know how to win or play together..notre dame has the talent but there not playing as a team...that is so important.. and nutts teams play together

El Puerco

Quote from: Wildhog on November 26, 2008, 05:51:05 pm
Houston Nutt is a fine coach if you just want to get by, don't care about championships, and don't care about accountability or morality.  But if you want to win championships, and be proud of your program...you need to look somewhere else.

And I say that with an unblemished record of staunch anti-nuttism.

Hugger

doo-ran

Quote from: Hellafied on November 26, 2008, 05:52:03 pm
they lost to wake forest in overtime...they had 6 fumbles against vandy and lost a fumble on the goal line with  30,s left. lost to bama at bama by 4. and sc by 6.. that is good with a team who didnt know how to win or play together..notre dame has the talent but there not playing as a team...that is so important.. and nutts teams play together
Listen here chicken fried, you want to talk about Nutt's teams playing together? What in the hell happened against USC not once but twice, explain the Las Vegas bowl and the host of other games where they supposedly played together. You don't have a leg to stand on chicken fried and you know it. Get packing to Ole Miss and worship your mediocre idol.

songofthesword

dude, no one is saying he is a good coach! I can't say it any clearer.

but hell I don't know.. he isn't a BAD one.. he does something. darn I do'nt know.. I think the poster above hit it on the head.. somehow he gets his players to play hard for him.

there hasn't been a poster here in this thread I have seen that has said they want houston nutt to coach their pop warner team, let alone college football team.

El Puerco

Quote from: songofthesword on November 26, 2008, 06:09:13 pm

but hell I don't know.. he isn't a BAD one.. he does something. crap I do'nt know.. I think the poster above hit it on the head.. somehow he gets his players to play hard for him.

Hitler was a good motivator too.  Got a lot of people to fight hard for him.  Both he, and Nutt, are still a whole big bag of awful.

DMacIsASaint

November 26, 2008, 06:32:20 pm #111 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 06:34:32 pm by DMacIsASaint
Quote from: El Puerco on November 26, 2008, 05:22:06 pm
Yeah, I thank that suckstick at least once a week for taking $3.5 million of our dollars as a reward for going 8-5 with Mcfadden, Jones, and Hillis in our backfield.  Thanks again, Nutt, you F***ing jerk.

oh, like you would not have taken the money. if a majority of fans wanted you gone and showed it by bringing your personal life into it, you would take 3.5 mill and gotten out of there too. I hate nutt as much as the next guy, but you cant blame him for taking the money.

And he is not a terrible coach. He is mediocre coach and a mediocre recruiter (hence the previous 10 years of mediocracy). You cant say hes a terrible coach because if he was a terrible coach he wouldnt have last 10 years in a state that doesnt produce a lot of talent year in and year out. He is mediocre coach who made some terribly bad and stupid decisions that gave him a very deserving boot out the door.

doo-ran

Quote from: DMacIsASaint on November 26, 2008, 06:32:20 pm
oh, like you would not have taken the money. if a majority of fans wanted you gone and showed it by bringing your personal life into it, you would take 3.5 mill and gotten out of there too. I hate nutt as much as the next guy, but you cant blame him for taking the money.

And he is not a terrible coach. He is mediocre coach and a mediocre recruiter (hence the previous 10 years of mediocricy). You cant say hes a terrible coach because if he was a terrible coach he wouldnt have last 10 years in a state that doesnt produce a lot of talent year in and year out. He is mediocre coach who made some terribly bad and stupid decisions that gave him a very deserving boot out the door.
Well DUH! What narcissist wouldn't take 3million from the fans that put up with his crap? Giving him that money cost White his job and I'm pissed he got even one cent. He's a thief and a generally disgusting individual. The whole crew of them.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: 240bgunner on November 26, 2008, 06:37:34 pm
they love him, and they slam petrino

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=881795

Hey guy..Why are you on this site? I don't go posting on Ole miss boards! Get lost hugger!!! And I don't call you a hugger as a good thing. It's about the worst thing I could call a person.

Mr. Hog

Your kidding right ?
Go Hogs Go!

RivercrestHog

Quote from: hogrock on November 26, 2008, 12:53:59 pm
You guys are as clueless as the day is long.  :-\

i don't hate the guy and plainly said i wish him no ill will.......do you get that?

The fact remains is that nuttz is a horrible game day coach....the WORST i've EVER seen. Please explain to me 0 for October, Vegas Bowl, UNLV, Kentucky twice, Vandy, etc......................................... Again, don't let facts get in the way of YOUR argument.

I will give you one thing he was good at; motivating/getting his teams emotionally "up" for that occasional big win. But those are cancelled out by the excessive amounts of blown games/opportunities/seasons/players/coaches/etc..... over the years, where there was obviously no preparation, coaching, planning, etc................ put in.

You both look more and more like idiots every time you post.

If he was a horrible game day coach then how were we a fumble away from playing in a NC game his first year here? He also had a really good season when Matt Jones was here and when DMAC and Felix were here.

I understand that A LOT of coaches would have had better seasons if they were coaching those teams. That is why he isn't a good coach. There are also a lot of coaches who would have had worse seasons. That is why he isn't a bad coach. Face it, when Nutt has the players he can win games. Not as many as he probably should but he can still win and that makes him an average coach.

hogrock

Quote from: 240bgunner on November 26, 2008, 07:12:49 pm
(until 2010, when petrino has the players he wants, and nutt has, well the kids that want to be rebels) and neither school is expected by anyone outside of either state to be a serious contender for the west, much less the sec.  

Umm in 2010 we will be in the top 2-4 of the SEC and nuttz will be bottom 3, right there where he should be, with vandy and starkville. I fully expect us to play in Atlanta in 2011, possibly 2010.

chiefsfan

Quote from: RivercrestHog on November 26, 2008, 11:03:04 pm
If he was a horrible game day coach then how were we a fumble away from playing in a NC game his first year here?

Because he called the idiotic play call that led to the fumble perhaps?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

RivercrestHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on November 26, 2008, 11:15:43 pm
Because he called the idiotic play call that led to the fumble perhaps?

Stoerner tripped coming out of the snap. He would have done that if he was turning around to hand it off.

DeWayne R

http://www.midsouthforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=52822&sid=86b1e2a7c062c9840611c60871ecadf8

Check out the ole piss fans and 1 hugger. You'd think they was in the running for the national championship.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

songofthesword

the fact is, people don't like petrino for whatever the reason may be, and they love nutt for whatever the reason may be.

think of us like this.. you ever date a woman who was smokin hot.. but the more you are with her, the more.. stuff you notice about her? how ther eare rocks smarter than she is? how she is lazy, unmotivated, etc? so you let her go, and some chump comes along and picks her up, and all everyone can say (who has no clue how she really is) is "man you really screwed up" and "you don't know what you missed"...

that's us right now.